Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 185588 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #880 on: October 25, 2010, 10:43:10 AM »

Anyways iv been listening to Diamond Dave's solo albums, who else loves his solo albums?? To me they're better than anything Sammy did with Van Halen

Oh My God i cant deny this...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #881 on: January 17, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »

Some footage of Eddie Van Halen at NAMM:

Eddie Van Halen at NAMM tries his new wolfgang custom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8ya6-RW4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eEivZD35Pc

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #882 on: January 22, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/426499/pid/401816

1/21/11: Word leaking today from many sources that Van Halen are working with hit making producer John Shanks for their next CD. This is good and bad news to me. Good in the sense that VH are doing anything at all as far as new music, but scary because I don't know if he's the guy you want producing a big loud heavy rock band (or at least thats what we hope for from new VH!). Shanks is best known as the guy behind many of Bon Jovi's recent hits, and gets a very polished and commercial sound. Now I don't know the guy and I'm not going to assume he can't capture the essence of VH as a pro producer. but it's not the first guy that would come to mind for blazing harder rock. Let's see what happens and hope for the best. New VH music and touring will be a great thing if it is done right and Eddie looked great in recent photos at NAMM last week. Stay tuned.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #883 on: February 02, 2011, 02:28:17 PM »

MICHAEL ANTHONY "EXCITED TO HEAR" NEWS OF NEW VAN HALEN ALBUM

Former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony says he's "excited" that his former band are releasing new material.  Producer John Shanks recently tweeted the message "Here we go kids...VH," signifying that the band is finally starting to record a new album.  Anthony said, "I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do," adding that he has "no hard feelings" about his split from the band in 2005.  He was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang.

So, does Anthony and his former band mates keep in touch?  Anthony admits he hasn't spoken to any of the members of Van Halen since the end of their 2004 tour.  He also says, "the tour did not end as harmoniously as we would have liked it to and it probably should have gone on longer than it did."  Still, Anthony wouldn't be against having his band Chickenfoot open for VH should they go on tour -- "I got no problem with that," he says.

Provided by ABC News Radio ? 2011

overmatik
« Reply #884 on: February 03, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »

Anyways iv been listening to Diamond Dave's solo albums, who else loves his solo albums?? To me they're better than anything Sammy did with Van Halen

Are you kidding me? I adore Dave's solo career. With the exception of the album F.U.C.K which I consider among the best VH albums, every single album Dave released is better than the correspondent Hagar release. DLR Band is a masterpiece!

Now regarding the new VH, how do you guys think the album will sound without Mike's backing vocals? To me the strongest points in the Chickenfoot album were exactly the backing vocals, mainly on "Turnin' Left".
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #885 on: February 12, 2011, 05:23:47 AM »

Yeap i agree, David Lee Roth is a legend! Can't think of anyone as charismatic as a frontman as him... except maybe for Axl  Grin i think they're both a lot alike.

I can't wait for the new album with him!

My favorite Van Halen albums are Van Halen, Van Halen II and 1984. I think those are the best. Women and Children first is cool as well, im still trying to get into "Fair Warning", but anything with David Lee Roth is cool!

I hate the Van Haggar era though... has nothing to do with Van Halen... completely different and boring... confused

The only song i like of Van Haggar is "Best of Both Worlds"...

and Diamond Dave is awesome live!

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #886 on: February 19, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »

I don't care for Michael really.... as long as Dave, eddie, and Alex are there, to me thats what's important.

I know Michael had a lot to do with the success of the albums, but i think Wolfang will do great!

For those who say David Lee didnt age well... well he looks a bit old, but he is getting old.... he still does the kicks in the shows though, so he's still very fit!

His hair has to do with the times... even Axl cut his long hair a bit...

Hey at least he's not using the same haircut he used to have when he tried that tribute bluegrass album... he looked like a pops there

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #887 on: February 19, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »

Anyways, my favorite albums are "Van Halen 1", "Van Halen 2" and "1984".

The only albums i dont care much about on the Dave era are "Fair Warning" (Only because i haven't paid much attention to it, and i like mostly the singles of that album), and "Diver's Down" which i dont really listen to, im too busy enjoying the other albums still.

I had the Best of Both Worlds album, and i am only now, experiencing the complete album collection from them. DLR era of course... i dont care for Sammy Haggar!

I also love DLR solo work. Great albums!

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #888 on: February 19, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »

I like Sammy Hagar, but I kind of grew tired of his simple lyrics-I can't wait to hear a new ablum with Roth.

libertad
overmatik
« Reply #889 on: February 21, 2011, 12:03:34 PM »

I don't care for Michael really.... as long as Dave, eddie, and Alex are there, to me thats what's important.

I know Michael had a lot to do with the success of the albums, but i think Wolfang will do great!

For those who say David Lee didnt age well... well he looks a bit old, but he is getting old.... he still does the kicks in the shows though, so he's still very fit!

Hey at least he's not using the same haircut he used to have when he tried that tribute bluegrass album... he looked like a pops there

As far as the bass playing is concerned, yes, he is just regular. The thing that concerns me are the backing vocals. Those were really amazing and a huge part of the Van Halen sound.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #890 on: February 22, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »

As far as the bass playing is concerned, yes, he is just regular. The thing that concerns me are the backing vocals. Those were really amazing and a huge part of the Van Halen sound.

True! His back vocals are incredible, I think Wolfang being in the band was just too forced and im not sure if Dave had something to do with it, since Michael is with Hagar... and Dave absolutely hates Sammy. So im not sure if he had a hand in it, but i feel that one day we'll see Michael back with Van Halen.
I would rather have Dave to Michael though, if i had to pick between both

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #891 on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »

Hagar: Van Halen Reunion a "Horror Fest"

Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar says the group?s reunion in 2004 wasn?t what he wanted or expected it to be.

?The Van Halen reunion was a disappointment for me,? Hagar said Tuesday night at the Borders in Columbus Circle. ?I was just hoping it was going to be great and everybody was going to be happy and a big love fest and just go at it again but it wasn?t that at all. It was the complete opposite. It was a horror fest.?
Hagar, also known as the ?Red Rocker,? said even with all the ups and downs in his life, he has no regrets.

?The past is done and there?s no reason to mess with that,? Hagar said. ?I?m in a really good place right now and very happy with my life.?

He added, ?I wouldn?t want to mess with this moment either because I?m living the dream. This is more than anyone could ever hope or dream for. I just hope that I can keep doing this thing exactly the way it is now. I don?t want to fix anything and I have no regrets.?

He released his book ?Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock? yesterday, which chronicles his experiences from childhood to becoming a headlining rock star. Hagar says that even though some of the book gets graphic, he will allow his four children to read it.

?My sons are one thing? but my little daughters I?m nervous about it still,? Hagar said. ?I may make them read the Keith Richards book first and then they?re going to say 'My pops is like the funny papers.'?

BY BROOKE NIEMEYER // 2 HOURS AGO

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/niteside/NTSD-Sammy-Hagar-118050809.html

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #892 on: March 20, 2011, 06:08:06 PM »

Sammy from The Howard Stern Show last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivWea39QOb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ztXEgL-Gg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zjiN5YUKsM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZRUZF6UGCE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDx4AQ4LPn0&feature=related

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #893 on: March 20, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »

And he also was on with Eddie Trunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fMwX5D0g_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYbxg-RxlGE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl_qmatq5Vk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWulf8vTyzc&feature=related

overmatik
« Reply #894 on: March 23, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »

Wow, Sammy is really hitting hard on Eddie. On the one hand he is exorcising his demons, but I can't help but think that there is some opportunism on mentioning Eddie's problems. Some things he's saying were meant to be kept private.

Anyway, I don't think the new album is coming this year, and rumours are popping around of Eddie and Dave having problems again... And this is very easy to belive because we know this was meant to happen. Undecided
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #895 on: March 23, 2011, 01:09:39 PM »

Sammy Hagar: Charlie Sheen Reminds Me of Eddie Van Halen (VIDEO)

"I don't know what's going on, but, boy, there's a similarity in the way they look and everything," said Hagar, adding that two share bizarre behavior in addition to a gaunt appearance. "I don't know how you get like that."

Hagar devotes a portion of his new book to his tumultuous relationship with Van Halen, and notes that his tell-all probably makes a reunion unlikely "With this book coming out, the chances are probably below zero," he laughed. "But, once ... Eddie puts his book out and tells them what he thinks about me probably, then maybe we can do it again."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/03/15/sammy-hagar-compares-charlie-sheen-eddie-van-halen/

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #896 on: March 29, 2011, 08:44:50 AM »

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
On the rock gossip wire I heard 2 reports today from reliable sources: VH album is close to done and will come out this year. Label TBD

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #897 on: March 29, 2011, 09:14:19 AM »

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
On the rock gossip wire I heard 2 reports today from reliable sources: VH album is close to done and will come out this year. Label TBD

Great news!!  Grin

I bought all the David Lee Roth era albums and skipped every single one of the van hagar crap... they really suck to be honest, i downloaded them just to see if it was worth buying it, but.... naa... didnt like it.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #898 on: March 29, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk

Great news!!  Grin

I bought all the David Lee Roth era albums and skipped every single one of the van hagar crap... they really suck to be honest, i downloaded them just to see if it was worth buying it, but.... naa... didnt like it.
I liked the Sammy era, but I do prefer Dave.  Real interested to see what they can come up with after all these years.

overmatik
« Reply #899 on: March 30, 2011, 10:21:28 AM »

This new album is pretty much VH's Chinese Democracy, so I'll only believe when I have it in my hands. I'm curious to see how will they handle the backing vocals.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: