Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 186709 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #860 on: February 08, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »

Cool stuff here.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/01/30/quan.eddie.van.halen.cnn

I had no idea Alex was a minister.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #861 on: February 24, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »

Eddie Van Halen will wed his fianc?e (and publicist), Janie Liszweski, in June. Then, he'll attend the high school graduation of his son ? and bass player ? Wolfgang. But after that, Eddie hopes to release new music with the current incarnation of the legendary band that bears his name. And, as he tells Spinner.com, yes, that includes David Lee Roth.

"Dave, Wolfie, Alex and I are a band," he tells Spinner.com in an interview. "I hope that after Janie and I get married, and Wolfie graduates, that we sit down and discuss recording new music, which I have tons of. If Dave's up for singing ... then do another tour, and just see where it takes us. Actually, next week or the week after Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we'll give Dave a call and see what he's up to. He's off, always doing his own thing, and he checks in every now and then to see how we're doing."
Pretty much the same info here.  Looks like we won't be hearing much from the band until Wolfie graduates.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7691

Van Halen Bass Player Is Hot For Teacher
by Paul Cashmere - February 24 2009

There will not be a new album from Van Halen for a number of years because bass player Wolfgang Van Halen has to finish school.

Wolfie, son of Eddie Van Halen, became a permanent member of his father?s band following the departure of original member

However, there won?t be an album for a while. Wolfie is back at school after taking a year off to tour.

"I yanked him out of school for 11th grade, which is actually the most important year, because that's what they go by for college,? Eddie told Rolling Stone. ?And the school said, 'We're not going to let him back in, if you pull him out, because we've never done that before.' Well, first time for everything, dude, you know? They did let him back for 12th grade, because he wanted to graduate with his buddies."

There will be a new album one day. "I've got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff,? he said. "The essence of me is obviously there, and those drums, they're always recognizable. But people expect a certain thing from Van Halen, and this isn?t exactly bang-your-head-against-the-wall stuff?.

The pressure is on Wolfie to graduate. ?First he graduates, then we?ll sit down, give Dave (Lee Roth) a call and see if he feels like whooping and hollering a little bit. I?ve got a ton of music,? Eddie said.

While the band is on hold while Wolfgang gets hot for teacher, Eddie has released a new signature guitar, called the EVH Wolfgang guitar.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeraldFord
« Reply #862 on: May 07, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »

HAHA!

http://shitbagz.com/gameZ/assteroidZDDEbeta
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #863 on: May 07, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »

Kill Sammy!  hihi
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #864 on: May 09, 2009, 04:33:05 AM »

Van Halen confirmed for "Guitar Hero"

By Antony Bruno Antony Bruno   ? Fri May 8, 3:38 pm ET

DENVER (Billboard) ? Activision Blizzard is releasing three new music-based video games this year -- "DJ Hero," "Guitar Hero 5" and "Band Hero" -- and has confirmed that "Guitar Hero: Van Halen" is on tap.

The company provided few details on any of the games. "DJ Hero," which previously was confirmed, still doesn't have a full set list in place, but the company has released new details about the controller. It will be a single turntable device with three colored buttons similar to the five fret buttons featured on "Guitar Hero."

"Band Hero" is positioned as a more family-oriented version of "Guitar Hero," focusing on top 40 hits. "Guitar Hero 5" is expected to be similar to all previous installments, but with the ability to "drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly."

The company confirmed the development of "Guitar Hero: Van Halen" to video-game blog Joystiq. It is scheduled for release in the second half of the year. No specific tracks were listed, but Activision said it will include music from guest bands including Queen, Weezer, blink-182, The Offspring and Queens of the Stone Age.

It's not clear which band members will appear as avatars within the game.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #865 on: May 09, 2009, 06:50:36 AM »

This must be just like living in paradise, and i dont wanna go hooo--ohhommeee. *climbs random mountain side in real tight bulge revealing spandex*

hihi

Dave has some cheese, but its feelgood cheese.

html sucks
GeraldFord
« Reply #866 on: August 07, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ikqiwRHz2I

From a few days ago...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #867 on: August 07, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »

Looks like Wolfie had a good time at the restaurant.  Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #868 on: August 07, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »

So the VH/GNR stadium tour starts up early next year eh?   hihi

Stupid guy asking Eddie about American Idol.  He could care less.  And THANK GOD for that!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #869 on: August 07, 2009, 05:25:09 PM »

I'll see =VH= with or without GN'R.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #870 on: August 07, 2009, 05:29:52 PM »

I saw them twice on their last go'round.  But the second one was quite pricey, $200 for not so great seats.  Not sure if I'd do it again.  The shows were great though, don't get me wrong.  But I'd like them to be a little more reasonably priced.  Unless GNR is there with them, then price doesn't really matter, to me.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #871 on: August 07, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »

I saw them twice on their last go'round.  But the second one was quite pricey, $200 for not so great seats.  Not sure if I'd do it again.  The shows were great though, don't get me wrong.  But I'd like them to be a little more reasonably priced.  Unless GNR is there with them, then price doesn't really matter, to me.

I think it will be cheaper this time around.  I saw them twice last time as well.  The first show at Staples, I paid 170 for club seats, and the second one at The Pond, again, I paid 170; but my seats were 10 rows from the stage.

If they have a new album out, ticket prices will be more reasonable.  Casual fans want to hear the hits, and won't want to pay so much to hear new songs.  Especially if it means taking PRETTY WOMAN off the setlist!  Shocked
GeraldFord
« Reply #872 on: August 11, 2009, 12:26:23 PM »

I saw the show twice, once in '07 and once in '08. First show was $150.00 and the second around $100.00

It was worth it for me, as it was with Dave and all, but for the next tour I won't pay more than $100.00 and I may not go if they aren't touring behind a new album.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #873 on: August 11, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »

I saw the show twice, once in '07 and once in '08. First show was $150.00 and the second around $100.00

It was worth it for me, as it was with Dave and all, but for the next tour I won't pay more than $100.00 and I may not go if they aren't touring behind a new album.

You sound like a vhlinks type of guy.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #874 on: May 06, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »

Sebastian Bach tweeted about this earlier.

sebastianbach   VAN HALEN - Earliest Known Demo Track
Unearthed, Now Streaming: The Metal Den has unearthed the what is allegedly ... http://bit.ly/9PWRui
about 1 hour ago via Twitterrific

http://www.bravewords.com/news/138278

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #875 on: August 09, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »

http://www.spinner.com/2010/08/09/van-halen-new-album-david-lee-roth/

Van Halen Recording New Album With David Lee Roth

I'm semi excited by this... i like van halen with roth better than any other incarnation.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #876 on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »

http://www.spinner.com/2010/08/09/van-halen-new-album-david-lee-roth/

Van Halen Recording New Album With David Lee Roth

Interesting.  Rolling Stone said this was a rumor not too long ago.

New Van Halen Album Just "Rumors" Band Says

"I don't have any updates at this time," Janie Van Halen tells RS

Jul 06, 2010

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/152865

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #877 on: August 09, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »

Sounds like news got out earlier than they wanted. But now it is official.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/247834/van-halen-recording-first-album-since-clinton-administration/

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #878 on: August 09, 2010, 07:22:58 PM »

It looks like Billboard ran it first on Friday:

Van Halen Album, Tour Expected In 2011?

August 06, 2010

http://www.billboard.com/events/van-halen-album-tour-expected-in-2011-1004108100.story#/events/van-halen-album-tour-expected-in-2011-1004108100.story

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #879 on: October 25, 2010, 10:40:47 AM »

This is Great news, i wonder if there's any updates on this, i always say that Van Halen is the band that is left for me to see Live, with David Lee Roth of course.

For those Sammy Hagar fans, David Lee Roth would have to clean the stain Sammy left on stage hahaha  rofl

Seriously, Diamond Dave was always Van Halen's frontman, he has the charisma, the voice, the athleticism, the controversy, the writting... thats all you can ask for a frontman!

His stage presence is amazing even now that he's old.

Van Halen, Van Halen II and 1984 are CLASSIC albums! And the albums that defined the band, and that everyone will remember the band for...
The only songs i like from the Sammy Hagar era are "Best of both worlds" and "Can't stop loving you", but still thats so not Van Halen... completely diferent from what Van Halen really is... different philosophy, which makes it suck...

Dave's solo work is much better than anything Sammy Hagar ever did with Van Halen...and the new songs Sammy did with Van Halen when they released the greatest hits cd "Best of Both Worlds" were embarassing to say the least

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: