Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228141 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 187640 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #780 on: March 02, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »

Van Halen Tour Unhinged

Posted Mar 2nd 2008 5:57PM by TMZ Staff

Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

Reps could not be reached for comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0f2N5ae3wU

So far ive not read any one complaining about his playing?

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #781 on: March 02, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »

So is tomorrow nights show cancelled (if not the whole tour)?  Is that confirmed?  It says the last 3 dates were cancelled, but I thought only Charlotesville and Duluth were cancelled.  Am I missing one or is tomorrow nights the 3rd one?  And what's with no explanation being given for the cancellations.  Even Guns give some sort of explanation when they cancel a show.  At least in recent memory they have.  The fans deserve that much.  Isn't it time for a statement one way or another?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:32:52 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #782 on: March 03, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »

They still have not listed any cancellations on the official web site-and they play Dallas tonight-the fans over at the Van Halen board are buzzing that Ed is back in rehab-basically what TMZ is reporting is spreading all over the other sites on the internet-if I were in Dallas I would be pretty pissed if I were to show up at the arena with a note on the door-if he's in rehab, what are they holding off cancelling it for?

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #783 on: March 03, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »

Report: VAN HALEN Tour Not Being Canceled - Mar. 3, 2008

Ray Waddell of Billboard.com reports: Despite reports to the contrary, sources with VAN HALEN tell Billboard the band's tour is not being canceled, though tonight's (March 3) scheduled show at the American Airlines Center in Dallas has been postponed and rescheduled for March 24.

Three other dates have been postponed for undisclosed reasons. The source says the outing picks up on March 11 in Charlottesville, W.V., and a press release regarding the tour's status will be coming within 24 hours.

Read the entire article at: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003718728

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #784 on: March 03, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

VAN HALEN Tour Promoter Issues Statement - Mar. 3, 2008

MTV.com reports that the reunited VAN HALEN have been forced to postpone four upcoming dates of their U.S. tour due to an unspecified medical condition affecting guitarist Eddie Van Halen. A statement issued by tour promoter Live Nation on Monday afternoon (March 3) explained that concerts in Dallas, Cincinnati, Baltimore and Raleigh, North Carolina, have been postponed and rescheduled for April.

"According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures," read the release.

The March 3 show at American Airlines Arena in Dallas has been rescheduled for April 24; the March 5 show at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati has been moved to April 22; the March 7 show at RBC Center in Raleigh was shifted to April 13 and the March 9 show at 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore will now take place April 15, according to Pollstar.

The Live Nation spokesperson said the tour is expected to pick up the previously scheduled dates beginning on March 11 in Charlottesville, Virginia, and, for now, no other dates have been affected.

Blabbermouth.net

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #785 on: March 03, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »

I hope Eddie gets well soon.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #786 on: March 03, 2008, 07:21:48 PM »

I hope Eddie gets well soon.
Me too.  I have tickets to see them later this month.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #787 on: March 06, 2008, 01:58:26 PM »

EDDIE VAN HALEN Back In Rehab? - Mar. 6, 2008

VAN HALEN is rumored to have cancelled a string of comeback gigs so guitarist Eddie Van Halen could return to rehab to be treated for alcoholism, according to the World Entertainment News Network.

The band rescheduled two concerts in Virginia and Georgia at the end of last month and another this week, prompting internet reports claiming all tour dates had been pulled indefinitely.

Representatives for the rockers insist the tour is still on, despite announcing Van Halen "is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures." Now sources tell the National Enquirer the 53-year-old guitarist checked himself into a clinic near San Antonio, Texas, so he could detox for a week after a furious backstage bust-up in Florida with his 17-year-old son and bandmate Wolfgang.

Read more from the World Entertainment News Network.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92336

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #788 on: March 06, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »

Now sources tell the National Enquirer the 53-year-old guitarist checked himself into a clinic near San Antonio, Texas, so he could detox for a week after a furious backstage bust-up in Florida with his 17-year-old son and bandmate Wolfgang.

Read more from the World Entertainment News Network.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92336

Dude, that's fucking sad. 
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #789 on: March 06, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »

Eddie Van Halen is OK, says ex

Everybody's been worried about Eddie Van Halen since the reunited Van Halen cancelled some tour dates, but the guitarist's ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, says he's okay.

A publicist's statement about Van Halen, "undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures," left fans wondering if the problem was booze or a recurrence of cancer; over the phone from Ohio where she is touring in support of her new book, Losing It, Bertinelli says she completely understands the public interest in Van Halen's health.

"I just talked to him a couple of days ago. I understand the curiosity -- I was curious until I talked to him. He sounds terrific," said the actress.

"He's just being very pro-active. It's not as awful as people think it is. I'm so proud of him right now. He sounded terrific, and hopefully they'll start back up again on the 11th."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #790 on: March 06, 2008, 08:24:56 PM »

If Valerie is defending him things must not be that bad.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #791 on: March 09, 2008, 09:08:51 PM »

val must believe that ed is ok, cause if not she wouldnt let wolfie continue to tour

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #792 on: March 10, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »

Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.com reports that VAN HALEN is postponing all tour activity until April 19.

Seventeen shows are affected, beginning tomorrow night (March 11) in Charlottesville, Va., and running through April 15 in Baltimore.

The band postponed a handful of dates last week in order for guitarist Eddie Van Halen to undergo tests for an unspecified medical condition.

According to organizers, Van Halen, who has battled cancer and substance abuse, "is currently under doctors' care" and will "continue medical tests to define a course of treatment." No further details were made available.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #793 on: March 13, 2008, 09:36:11 AM »

EDDIE VAN HALEN Not In Rehab, Says Ex-Wife - Mar. 13, 2008

According to Reuters, actress Valerie Bertinelli has said her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen is not in rehab, but she declined to say exactly what is ailing the rock guitarist, People.com reported on Wednesday.

"The reports about him being in rehab are wrong. Eddie is sober," Bertinelli said at a New York luncheon hosted by cable TV's Hallmark Channel, according to the Web site of celebrity magazine People.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #794 on: March 13, 2008, 10:01:52 AM »

I hope it is not a recurrence of cancer. Ed's still a smoker......

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #795 on: March 15, 2008, 04:46:31 AM »

^No shit. Hopefully, it is something minor. In situations like this, I think most us hope it is rehab.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
guns_n_motley
« Reply #796 on: March 15, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »

^No shit. Hopefully, it is something minor. In situations like this, I think most us hope it is rehab.

ya, id rather it be rehab than something serious no

but they are already rescheduling dates.. the new dates are supposed to be announced monday
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #797 on: March 17, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

VAN HALEN: Rescheduled Tour Dates Announced - Mar. 17, 2008

According to Pollstar.com, VAN HALEN has announced new dates for all previously postponed shows on its North American tour. The new dates kick off April 19 with the band's performance at Tiger Wood's charity event, Tiger Jam XI, at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and run through June 2 at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

VAN HALEN new tour dates:

Apr. 19 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Center
Apr. 22 - Cincinnati, OH @ U.S. Bank Arena
Apr. 24 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
Apr. 26 - St Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
Apr. 28 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center
Apr. 30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
May 02 - Charlottesville, VA @ John Paul Jones Arena
May 05 - Raleigh, NC @ RBC Center
May 07 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
May 09 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Boardwalk Hall
May 11 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena
May 13 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Center
May 15 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
May 18 - Hershey, PA @ Giant Center
May 20 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
May 23 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
May 25 - Providence, RI @ Dunkin Donuts Center
May 28 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena
May 30 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
June 02 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena

Tickets for the band's previously scheduled dates are good for the new shows. Refunds are also available at point of purchase.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #798 on: March 19, 2008, 12:28:25 AM »

You be the judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMY-tEyMJ8o
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #799 on: March 19, 2008, 03:18:47 AM »

^The hypocrisy is kind of ironic ... especially since they threw Mike under the bus.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: