Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:44:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60885 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »

you won't go and see a band that you like because they're playing in an arena?

Nope, not a fan of arena rock shows. 

where would you like to see them?
outdoor?

I prefer club or theatre gigs, simple as that.

So when your favorite band gets big enough to play an arena, you stop attending their shows?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2007, 01:19:42 PM »

I think that is a very stupid thing to say, Everyone has different opinion. I think the current band butchers the GNR songs. The guitarist (while some are technically more gifted than Slash) cannot do justice to the music and their presence on stage sucks ass. It is much more exciting watching Slash and Dave run around. But that is my opinion, which I'm entitled to. You can't tell me what to think and like. If you like the new GNR band, that's great for you. Obvioously there is something that you look for differently than I do. And this bullshit about song ownership....fuck give it a rest already!!!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2007, 01:31:14 PM »

So when your favorite band gets big enough to play an arena, you stop attending their shows?

VR's not my favorite band, you know that. ?Wink

The whole concept of "big" usually takes away from the experience for me, I usually lose a bit of interest once it hits that level.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »

VR's not my favorite band, you know that.  Wink

The whole concept of "big" usually takes away from the experience for me, I usually lose a bit of interest once it hits that level.

So let's pray The Cult doesn't sell any records so they can keep playing clubs?

Tongue

I think that is a very stupid thing to say, Everyone has different opinion. I think the current band butchers the GNR songs. The guitarist (while some are technically more gifted than Slash) cannot do justice to the music and their presence on stage sucks ass. It is much more exciting watching Slash and Dave run around. But that is my opinion, which I'm entitled to. You can't tell me what to think and like. If you like the new GNR band, that's great for you. Obvioously there is something that you look for differently than I do. And this bullshit about song ownership....fuck give it a rest already!!!!

#1 - How many shows did you attend?

#2 - Slash moves on stage?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »

I've been to 3 VR shows and 1 GNR show. By Slash's moves I mean the running around and jumping around. He has always been an energetic guitarist. What is amazing is that Dave is even more wired. He's so much fun to look at on stage.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »

I prefer club or theatre gigs, simple as that.

wow, the will to refuse to go and check out a band you love must be strong with you then....just joking, i admire the integrity...can't say the same for myself though....i'd go watch gnr no matter what.....stadium....arena, theater, club...fuck, i even went to Greece...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2007, 03:07:34 PM »

VR's not my favorite band, you know that.? Wink

So let's pray The Cult doesn't sell any records so they can keep playing clubs?

Tongue

Lucky enough for me, they're already announced as headlining the Jagermeister Alternative Music Tour here in the states this fall so units shifted will not affect the venue size I'll be seeing them in over the course of the tour.

All theatres baby!!

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2007, 03:17:31 PM »

wow, the will to refuse to go and check out a band you love must be strong with you then....just joking, i admire the integrity...

It's not really a case of integrity, it's just preference.  I've seen so many arena shows over the years
it's just a phase of my concert going life I've outgrown.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »

Falcon, I think what you do is cool.  GNR at the Joint in Vegas blows away GNR in an arena.  Period.  Same for VR.  The smaller the place, usually, the better the time!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »

Falcon, I think what you do is cool.? GNR at the Joint in Vegas blows away GNR in an arena.? Period.? Same for VR.? The smaller the place, usually, the better the time!

It works for me at this point, no doubt about it.

I've been to shows ranging from large festivals to small clubs and all points in between, my most vivid memories are always derived from the smaller gigs.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

madagas
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2007, 01:13:52 PM »

that just means Falcon is old! Unfortunately, so am I. Personally, I don't mind the smaller arena shows 10,000 and under. I saw Tool at the Gwinnett Center in Atlanta and it was incredible. However, in a 1500-5000 seat theatre it would be even better. Small venues just have much better sound and energy. ok And, when you get older, you simply don't like the crowds. That's why I flew to the Hammerstein shows in NY. I even like to *gasp* sit down....

Now, for the topic, I can't believe that pollstar doesn't have any tour data on the current US/Canada VR tour. Gnr averaged 8600 on the 2002 tour and the 2006 tour. VR's tour is very similar and there should be tour information available. Undecided
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:15:40 PM by madagas » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

that just means Falcon is old! Unfortunately, so am I. Personally, I don't mind the smaller arena shows 10,000 and under. I saw Tool at the Gwinnett Center in Atlanta and it was incredible. However, in a 1500-5000 seat theatre it would be even better. Small venues just have much better sound and energy. ok And, when you get older, you simply don't like the crowds. That's why I flew to the Hammerstein shows in NY. I even like to *gasp* sit down....

Now, for the topic, I can't believe that pollstar doesn't have any tour data on the current US/Canada VR tour. Gnr averaged 8600 on the 2002 tour and the 2006 tour. VR's tour is very similar and there should be tour information available. Undecided

I thought that the GN'R 2006 NA tour was higher, closer to 9500 per show.  Where did you get the information?  Pollstar?

Ali
madagas
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »

there was some pollstar info a while back that had how many shows, average gross and average ticket price. I believe I just did the math.....but it came from billboard or pollstar and it was very similar to 2002. In my opinion, they did well considering no new album and the fact that a very very large majority of the audience knows only Axl is left from the original band.  Undecided
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »

Dallas 09.27.07 Smirnoff Music Centre attendance < 6000

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-velvetrevolver_0928gl.ART.State.Edition2.4318808.html

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2007, 11:03:06 AM »

I'm surprised that they only played "Patience" at that show.  But, I've read the ~6000 number a few times on this tour.  I made some of those same observations when I saw VR a couple of weeks ago.  Slash was definitely the star of the show.

Ali
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2007, 07:34:31 PM »

wasn't GNR slated by all reviews when they played download? or did u miss them jarmo??

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2007, 07:50:19 PM »

wasn't GNR slated by all reviews when they played download? or did u miss them jarmo??

Yes, that's got a lot to do with the attendances for the VR tour.

Kerrang's crappy review of GN'R headlining at Download in 2006 has a lot to do with VR not selling out shows in North America in 2007.

ok

/jarmo

Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2007, 07:59:11 PM »

can i ask what your point is buy proclaiming that VR aren't selling out arenas, the only person that seems to be making a song and dance about it is u! you haven't heard the band complain?

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2007, 05:41:04 AM »

can i ask what your point is buy proclaiming that VR aren't selling out arenas, the only person that seems to be making a song and dance about it is u! you haven't heard the band complain?
What point? this topic is called 'hows Velvet Revolver's attendance' with the lead-in to the topic being 'On this recent tour is it sold out or is it barely selling tix ?'  they're just answering whoever made this topic's question.  Tongue

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2007, 05:44:10 AM »

Artistic integrity has absolutely nothing to do with album sales or concert attendance. Hence, Tom Waits.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: