Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:25:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60657 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2007, 08:25:14 AM »

Lies about you ..WTF... I am just stating my opinion. It has been very clear to me why you have this animosity toward VR and there fans. This board used to be a great place for discussion about GnR, past members etc. Then you  (Jarmo) started to get contacted by various people in the GN'R circle. You became a part of that circle. All of the sudden VR was just hype and you didnt buy it. You became one of Axl's yes men, and we all know a yes man to Axl could not say anything good about anything associated with VR. This is all switch and bait , like someone previously posted. That is the only reason you leave this VR section up. Why else would you leave it up, you dont leave it up because you like the band or it's fans that is for sure. It just gets old watching you harass the fans of VR. Before you say it i will, yes i dont have to visit here , but i do, i have made a few really cool internet friends on this board and do enjoy watching the speculation on the release of CD. It just gets really frustrating watching all of the bullshit you bring into these VR threads and blame the VR fans. I myself could careless what either band bring in for each gig, i could careless how many copies Libertad sells. I enjoy there shows and the the cd Libertad, that is all that matters to me. And until Axl delivers this epic, long awaited CD and proves it was worth his so called wait, it is nothing but a joke, and furthermore tarnishes the name Guns n Roses. My question to you is how much will you kiss Slash and Duff's ass if there ever is a GN'R reunion HuhHuhHuh ok

Your opinion is a lie and bullshit.

Here's a couple of question for all you VR fans (Darthmonkey, Falcon, darkdays, RageNIN etc. (Ines is excused because her show was cancelled and she's waiting for the next money making European tour):

Did you go or are you going to see any concert(s) on this leg?

If the answer is no: Why not?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darkdays_01
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2007, 09:09:15 AM »

Yes, i have seen VR this leg at Camden. Great Set list. My only complaint was the mix, just as on the Contraband tour.

Listen Jarmo, i am not stating lie nor fact, that is my opinion.? If it is wrong, and not how you feel so be it. Life goes on. I am over arguing about a bunch of millionares. I enjoy there music thats all, some of us take offense about somethings, and i am stating that on both sides.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:14:53 AM by darkdays_01 » Logged
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2007, 09:10:13 AM »

Yes I did go see VR in Toronto for the warm-up leg of the current tour where they played smaller venues and then I went and saw them in Montreal which was the first concert of the current leg of the tour. The show I saw in Montreal was the best concert I have ever been to. I also saw VR in Ottawa and GNR in Ottawa also. I was never lucky enough to see the classic GNR lineup. I was supposed to go see them in Montreal in 92 but I couldn't make it.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2007, 09:38:18 AM »

Lies about you ..WTF... I am just stating my opinion. It has been very clear to me why you have this animosity toward VR and there fans. This board used to be a great place for discussion about GnR, past members etc. Then you? (Jarmo) started to get contacted by various people in the GN'R circle. You became a part of that circle. All of the sudden VR was just hype and you didnt buy it. You became one of Axl's yes men, and we all know a yes man to Axl could not say anything good about anything associated with VR. This is all switch and bait , like someone previously posted. That is the only reason you leave this VR section up. Why else would you leave it up, you dont leave it up because you like the band or it's fans that is for sure. It just gets old watching you harass the fans of VR. Before you say it i will, yes i dont have to visit here , but i do, i have made a few really cool internet friends on this board and do enjoy watching the speculation on the release of CD. It just gets really frustrating watching all of the bullshit you bring into these VR threads and blame the VR fans. I myself could careless what either band bring in for each gig, i could careless how many copies Libertad sells. I enjoy there shows and the the cd Libertad, that is all that matters to me. And until Axl delivers this epic, long awaited CD and proves it was worth his so called wait, it is nothing but a joke, and furthermore tarnishes the name Guns n Roses. My question to you is how much will you kiss Slash and Duff's ass if there ever is a GN'R reunion HuhHuhHuh ok

Here's a couple of question for all you VR fans (Darthmonkey, Falcon, darkdays, RageNIN etc. (Ines is excused because her show was cancelled and she's waiting for the next money making European tour):

/jarmo

Opinions can't be lies you idiot , that makes no sense they are OPINIONS! I agree with everything he said ,  beer thats how you come off. If Axl gives the green light on it , Jarmo is in ( and if Jarmo is in so is Jim Bob ) its sad and stupid. If axl came out and said you know what I need Slash back in the band , i need everyone back lets get it set up all again , Jarmo would say Yes Axl is right he knows what he is doing. All praise Axl's 100% god correctness. You came in this thread and started this whole mess. Axl has given us nothing and I credit him for exactly the amount that he has given me , nothing. People go see Axl to hear the music Slash ,Duff , Izzy ,Steven and Matt made.

To answer the question I saw them in 04 and in 07 i will see them this month , here in houston and I can't wait. Great live act , Great music , sorry it doesn't sell to your standards but never the less its good stuff  beer Don't try too bring it back on topic know and act like some good samaritan you fucked this thread up deal with it. You think that the board is a communist thing , where you lead all in the way of Axl's right doings hahah!
darkdays_01
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2007, 10:19:31 AM »

Lies about you ..WTF... I am just stating my opinion. It has been very clear to me why you have this animosity toward VR and there fans. This board used to be a great place for discussion about GnR, past members etc. Then you? (Jarmo) started to get contacted by various people in the GN'R circle. You became a part of that circle. All of the sudden VR was just hype and you didnt buy it. You became one of Axl's yes men, and we all know a yes man to Axl could not say anything good about anything associated with VR. This is all switch and bait , like someone previously posted. That is the only reason you leave this VR section up. Why else would you leave it up, you dont leave it up because you like the band or it's fans that is for sure. It just gets old watching you harass the fans of VR. Before you say it i will, yes i dont have to visit here , but i do, i have made a few really cool internet friends on this board and do enjoy watching the speculation on the release of CD. It just gets really frustrating watching all of the bullshit you bring into these VR threads and blame the VR fans. I myself could careless what either band bring in for each gig, i could careless how many copies Libertad sells. I enjoy there shows and the the cd Libertad, that is all that matters to me. And until Axl delivers this epic, long awaited CD and proves it was worth his so called wait, it is nothing but a joke, and furthermore tarnishes the name Guns n Roses. My question to you is how much will you kiss Slash and Duff's ass if there ever is a GN'R reunion HuhHuhHuh ok

/jarmo

Opinions can't be lies you idiot , that makes no sense they are OPINIONS! I agree with everything he said ,? beer thats how you come off. If Axl gives the green light on it , Jarmo is in ( and if Jarmo is in so is Jim Bob ) its sad and stupid. If axl came out and said you know what I need Slash back in the band , i need everyone back lets get it set up all again , Jarmo would say Yes Axl is right he knows what he is doing. All praise Axl's 100% god correctness. You came in this thread and started this whole mess. Axl has given us nothing and I credit him for exactly the amount that he has given me , nothing. People go see Axl to hear the music Slash ,Duff , Izzy ,Steven and Matt made.

To answer the question I saw them in 04 and in 07 i will see them this month , here in houston and I can't wait. Great live act , Great music , sorry it doesn't sell to your standards but never the less its good stuff? beer Don't try too bring it back on topic know and act like some good samaritan you fucked this thread up deal with it. You think that the board is a communist thing , where you lead all in the way of Axl's right doings hahah!

I was wondering that myself. How could my opinion be a lie HuhHuh I do believe that is the first time someone has ever told me i was starting a lie about them over an opinion HuhHuh?/ Huh

Rock on RageNirvanaNIN beer
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2007, 10:46:18 AM »

Don't try too bring it back on topic know and act like some good samaritan you fucked this thread up deal with it. You think that the board is a communist thing , where you lead all in the way of Axl's right doings hahah!

I think this, by far, proves that you are definitely the idiot.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »

Yes I did go see VR in Toronto for the warm-up leg of the current tour where they played smaller venues and then I went and saw them in Montreal which was the first concert of the current leg of the tour. The show I saw in Montreal was the best concert I have ever been to.

That's the one with like an attendance of about 3000?

Yes, i have seen VR this leg at Camden. Great Set list. My only complaint was the mix, just as on the Contraband tour.

Was it sold out?

Opinions can't be lies you idiot , that makes no sense they are OPINIONS! I agree with everything he said ,  beer thats how you come off. If Axl gives the green light on it , Jarmo is in ( and if Jarmo is in so is Jim Bob ) its sad and stupid. If axl came out and said you know what I need Slash back in the band , i need everyone back lets get it set up all again , Jarmo would say Yes Axl is right he knows what he is doing. All praise Axl's 100% god correctness. You came in this thread and started this whole mess. Axl has given us nothing and I credit him for exactly the amount that he has given me , nothing. People go see Axl to hear the music Slash ,Duff , Izzy ,Steven and Matt made.

Enjoy your extra "credit".

I love how people who weren't even around when GN'R released their first albums think they know me. You don't have the slightest clue and when I set the record straight, you refuse to believe me. After all, you all know me so fucking well.

I never met you and never will.

People go see Axl because he's Axl fucking Rose. Get it though your head. His name is far more recognizable than you want to give him credit for.

If it the only requirement to fill arenas is to play old GN'R songs, how come Adler's Appetite isn't doing that?

If anybody's an idiot, it's you. But then again, I guess your age shows a lot.

You can't discuss anything without trying to insult me.

Axl has given us nothing? What fucking planet are you from? Do they speak English there?

My prediction is that you won't last long here. Fucking troll.

Last warning.....

I was wondering that myself. How could my opinion be a lie HuhHuh I do believe that is the first time someone has ever told me i was starting a lie about them over an opinion HuhHuh?/ Huh

Rock on RageNirvanaNIN beer

You keep repeating something over and over, which is an insult and based on made up lies.

How about this: My opinion is that you and this RageNINNirvana guy are siblings married to each other and you live in a trailer park. You caught him cheating on your with your brother.

That explains the anger in your posts.

I can say that about you and you don't mind it?  Huh

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:57:01 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »

Yes I did go see VR in Toronto for the warm-up leg of the current tour where they played smaller venues and then I went and saw them in Montreal which was the first concert of the current leg of the tour. The show I saw in Montreal was the best concert I have ever been to.

That's the one with like an attendance of about 3000?

Was it sold out?

Enjoy your extra "credit".

I love how people who weren't even around when GN'R released their first albums think they know me. You don't have the slightest clue and when I set the record straight, you refuse to believe me. After all, you all know me so fucking well.

I never met you and never will.

People go see Axl because he's Axl fucking Rose. Get it though your head. His name is far more recognizable than you want to give him credit for.

If it the only requirement to fill arenas is to play old GN'R songs, how come Adler's Appetite isn't doing that?

/jarmo

A: Axl+Guns N Roses name+ Guns N Roses big hits= many people seeing the shows

It?s as simple as that.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2007, 11:22:13 AM »

A: Axl+Guns N Roses name+ Guns N Roses big hits= many people seeing the shows

It?s as simple as that.

At least you're smart enough to give credit where it's due unlike that guy.

/jarmo

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2007, 11:24:02 AM »

I'm I the only one who could careless if a show is sold out? the only thing I care about is if the show was good. And so gar every time I have seen VR live they have kicked ass.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »

I'm I the only one who could careless if a show is sold out? the only thing I care about is if the show was good. And so gar every time I have seen VR live they have kicked ass.

Well for some album sales matter, but then a few years later they don't.....

As far as concerts goes, when a show is sold out, there's a buzz about it.

But it doesn't guarantee the show will be better (audience wise) than one that isn't sold out. It all depends on the audience.

/jarmo

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »

Yes, the Montreal show I went to was the one you say had 3000 people at. I'm not sure what the exact number was. There were several sections that were packed. Regardless of the size of the audience, the show was rocking, the music was great and they put on a kick ass show. I was bebating going to Toronto and seeing the show the next night again, but I have to work. I'll go see VR again next time they come in the Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto area.

The GNR show in Ottawa was great too, but the band didn't have the same energy as VR. I wouldn't travel to Toronto to see them, possibly Montreal. This isn't cause I like VR...personally I don't like their show as much anymore, the band is too big and it's less intimate. I thought the same thing in 1992. I liked the smaller touring band that they had in 1991 and 1993 better.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2007, 12:14:49 PM »

what did Gilby and Dizzy do on recordings/songs that are of any notice?
nothing that I couldn't be without.

What did Matt do? Certainly nothing most people could live without...

UYI and TSI without drums?....awesome

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
elmir
VIP

« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2007, 12:31:44 PM »

UYI and TSI without drums?....awesome

no disrespect....but those albums hardly contain any "creative" drumming....any session drummer can play those....besides, those songs were already written when he got there....so he just had to learn...and play....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2007, 12:33:51 PM »

No Jarmo, have not and will not.

They're playing arenas, no desire to see them in that kind of setting.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
elmir
VIP

« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »

i don't feel like reading through this argument again...so sorry if i'm asking you to repeat yourself....you won't go and see a band that you like because they're playing in an arena?

where would you like to see them?
outdoor?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2007, 12:48:28 PM »

Well for some album sales matter, but then a few years later they don't.....

Well, for you who almost literally woke up one day and started hating VR...I would think that you of all people would know how peoples opinion can change.
if sales mattered to people a few years ago, but not now...it's not more of a deal than your own opinion on VR changing, who the fuck cares?!

talk about devoting a huge amount of time on something you don't like. do you even have time to visit the rest of the forum anymore?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:50:28 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2007, 12:50:12 PM »

i don't feel like reading through this argument again...so sorry if i'm asking you to repeat yourself....you won't go and see a band that you like because they're playing in an arena?

outdoor?

I am not the person you directed the question to? But I think he likes to see the band in a smaller venue an amphitheater setting is probable more of what he likes.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2007, 12:51:53 PM »

you won't go and see a band that you like because they're playing in an arena?

Nope, not a fan of arena rock shows. ?

outdoor?

I prefer club or theatre gigs, simple as that.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2007, 01:04:07 PM »

in the end we all know that the only "cool" thing about a VR show are the covers..
and im not the only one saying it.. most of professional reviews say it
is very easy to understand whty they are not selling tickets..

Perhaps, the VR covers are the most attractive in the shows, but is the same case in New Guns n' Roses, its sold out is due to the classics songs, It is evident the most of people don't know or cares the new leaks, they only want to hear November Rain, Scom, Paradise city, etc...

You're very confused.

It doesn't matter how Guns N' Roses sell out: they're selling out arenas with their own songs.

Newsflash for you: this is not the proper place for you. Go to the fucking Velvet Revolver forum and there you'll have a nice play to say ''New GNR''. Hurry up... join the VR board while there's still a contract between VR and RCA.

Asinine comments like these are the best. "there own songs" .....I am reading liner notes right now and for some reason they forgot to credit, Stinson, Fortus, and Finck on every album Guns n Roses has released...Hmmm strange.

Well, ''November Rain'' and ''Estranged'', probably the best two GNR songs of all times have not Slash/Duff/Matt on the credits and they are still Guns N' Roses songs. No one in the band (in 1993) had participation in the writting process of ''You Aint The First'' but they played it live... was that a cover?

Some of you VR fans need to ACCEPT how things are. You can like the current status of things or you can hate it. But you can't deny it: Guns N' Roses is ONE band who had several lineup changes with the pass of time. GNR was born without Slash/Duff and its still alive (and rocking) without them. Does this FACT make you angry? Not my problem. But your anger will not change a motherfucking thing.

Then you make another fantastic comment about VR and RCA's recording contract. I just dont get how some of you fools just act like Duff and Slash were never apart of the band.

I am being honest: you OBVIOUSLY dont like how things are going with Guns N' Roses. And this forum is mainly dedicated to the PRESENT of Guns N' Roses, so the conclussion is also obvious: this is not the proper place for you. If you believe that the band that rocked japan in july is a cover band this is DEFINITELY not the place for you.

But there is at least ONE place where you may feel a little more confortable at: the Velvet Revolver forum. And because I dont see VR existing and releasing more albums after they end their contract with RCA, I suggest you joining NOW the VR forum because VR wont last forever.

No Guns n Roses arent selling out arena's for there songs. They are drawing a crowd to hear a very good cover band play Axl and his former band members songs. Unless you are talking about CD, Maddy, IRS and Better. I forgot about those tracks  Roll Eyes

People go to GNR concerts (GNR has sold out around 40 shows since 2001) because they want to hear GNR songs and GNR plays them. And they not only play them: they play them better than ever. Simple as that. Guns N' Roses is not only the lineup that includes Slash... deal with it, think about it, and then accept it for god's sake. The immaturity you all VR fans are showing is embarrasing.

I do like Fortus and Bumblefoot they seem like great dudes.

I think I know why you're not mentioning Robin... classic synptom of a resentful VR fan  hihi

It just sucks reading an interview with them and hear them say , " i have no clue when the album is coming" that has to be frustrating for them. That is my biggest bitch about the new GN'R. Really, how can you call that a band when 3/4 of the musicians know about as much as we do about when there album is gonna be released .  I dont know how anyone can argue about that.

Do you REALLY think that they dont know a shit about the new album status? Are you that naive?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: