Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60674 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »

Because Dizzy, Steven, and Gilby had very little to do with the writing and orchestration of the material, I guess I should have included the others for completeness shake, but the jist of the argument still holds true.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »

what did Gilby and Dizzy do on recordings/songs that are of any notice?
nothing that I couldn't be without.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2007, 05:19:43 PM »

funny how the biggest thread flamer on this board is the person who runs the board... Lips Sealed

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2007, 07:20:08 PM »

What did Matt do? Certainly nothing most people could live without...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »

yeah, great, a hard rock band without any percussion, great idea cb  Cheesy

plus, 'fish says that if you met sorum on the street you'd be on your knees in about 3 seconds.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:21:02 PM by Robman? » Logged
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »

Lets see Matt recorded the drums on 2 cd's worth of material for GNR , I think that qualifies as something , no?
CSS
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2007, 08:53:01 PM »

Stop with the fucking bullshit.

They were all very important at the time they were in GN'R, and Dizzy still is.

There you go.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »

yeah, great, a hard rock band without any percussion, great idea cb  Cheesy

plus, 'fish says that if you met sorum on the street you'd be on your knees in about 3 seconds.

If you are going by that logic then what the guy posted before me is crap.I stand by my statement that matt has never done anything worth mentioning. Id hardly call his drumming great.

As for whatever "fish" says, well let's just say I don't give a fuck and leave it at that.  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2007, 09:18:05 PM »

Because Dizzy, Steven, and Gilby had very little to do with the writing and orchestration of the material, I guess I should have included the others for completeness shake, but the jist of the argument still holds true.

Matt wrote which songs?

hihi

Not discrediting him at all. I know what GN'R records he was on!

But you conveniently tried to discredit the input of the original drummer (who plays on the original versions of the songs Matt is currently playing on tour with VR).

The original question didn't mention any writing credits whatsoever. It was merely a question of who had part in making GN'R what it is.

It is selling based on the legacy that Axl, Izzy, Duff, Matt, and Slash have created for the band.

Dizzy can be heard on several albums, just like Matt.

If you wanna credit Matt for something, focus on his solo album or VR.

Don't try to discredit the others who were in GN'R for what they did just to make Matt seem really important.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2007, 09:26:04 PM »

Matt wrote which songs?

hihi

Not discrediting him at all. I know what GN'R records he was on!

But you conveniently tried to discredit the input of the original drummer (who plays on the original versions of the songs Matt is currently playing on tour with VR).

The original question didn't mention any writing credits whatsoever. It was merely a question of who had part in making GN'R what it is.

It is selling based on the legacy that Axl, Izzy, Duff, Matt, and Slash have created for the band.

Dizzy can be heard on several albums, just like Matt.

If you wanna credit Matt for something, focus on his solo album or VR.

Don't try to discredit the others who were in GN'R for what they did just to make Matt seem really important.

/jarmo

Because keyboards play just an instrumental role as DRUMS , listen to UYI w/o drums. It's funny how suddenly Adler matters you people , you guys pick and chose when to use certain stuff , that goes for both VR and GNR fans. I'm a fan of ROCK N ROLL , bands that are GOOD are GOOD. Guns N Roses sells tickets because of songs Adler , Izzy , Duff , Slash and Matt created , not because of what Ron or Robin have made  ( here comes the but they are GUNS N ROSES they play GUNS N ROSES songs arguments ).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2007, 09:58:20 PM »

Guns N Roses sells tickets because of songs Adler , Izzy , Duff , Slash and Matt created

Didn't you forget somebody very important? Somebody who had a bigger part in GN'R's legacy than the drummers?

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »

Guns N Roses sells tickets because of songs Adler , Izzy , Duff , Slash and Matt created

Didn't you forget somebody very important? Somebody who had a bigger part in GN'R's legacy than the drummers?

rofl

/jarmo

You are still missing the point , yes I completely understand AXL ROSE was instrumental , in fact with out GNR would never be the same. But the same goes for the rest of the gang IMO. You think you can down play a point but a little rofl point is , Guns N Roses hasn't done anything in the past decade or more , and the way it looks will continue not to make anything anywhere near as changing as AFD and UYI's , which is what the band lives off of. Past members and legacies , sure VR plays a couple GNR songs , but Axl plays the ENTIRE back catalog and has nothing new to offer. He will continue to sell out arenas because people want to hear Welcome To The Jungle , Paradise City , November Rain etc... no one goes to hear IRS or the Blues. Axl is living in the past a lot more than VR is.
CSS
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2007, 10:08:22 PM »

Some are indeed going to hear new material with the old catalouge being a bonus.

That's how it is, whether you like it or not.

And I'm definitely one of them - either way, I don't want to drag the thread off-topic more than it already is.

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »

Some are indeed going to hear new material with the old catalouge being a bonus.

That's how it is, whether you like it or not.

And I'm definitely one of them - either way, I don't want to drag the thread off-topic more than it already is.

Majority of the people are not though and Axl isn't giving any new material so looks like everyone wins right , Axl plays 20 year old songs with a back up band and the people get to hear them!  ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28:19 PM »

The 2006 or 2002 GNR tours were not successful unless it was a huge market like LA, Chicago, or NYC.? In Detroit, it is a fact, VR got a larger crowd in 2004 than GNR did in 2002.?

And VR in 2004 compared to 2007?

/jarmo

Jarmo, I keep fucking saying my concert has not come up yet that I am seeing them at.  So how the fuck would I know?HuhHuh
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2007, 10:35:14 PM »

Jarmo, I am going to see VR on Oct. 2nd in Birmingham, AL.? When they came here in 2004, It was slammed at the venue.? Probably 5-6,000.? Its a small music hall with some seating.? When I saw them in 2005 in Detroit, they had well over 10,000.? When I saw GNR in Detroit in 2002, it was about 6,000.? GNR never came through may part of the country in 2006 so I have no reference point.? But in 2002 there was no album, just like 2006 and if I remember, the numbers were not "that" different.? And why would they be?? I will have more data to compare come Oct. 2nd.

By the way, VR is playing a larger venue this time around.  We shall see.  It is a Tuesday night vs. last time being a Friday night.  Not making an excuse, but that does affect ticket sales a little.  I will take that into consideration.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:39:52 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2007, 11:54:21 PM »

OMG. You guys should read through this thread and see your posts. You sound like a bunch of whiny teenage girls. Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
darkdays_01
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2007, 01:46:34 AM »

Il will tell you why he despises the band now , he is part of the "Big Machine" and he now is one of the yes men to good old Axl. That's why.

It can't be because the music isn't good enough. Noooooo...... That's impossible. Everybody loves bland boring music with shitty lyrics and a singer with a boring voice.

As long as it's dangerous rock n' roll!? drool

/jarmo

Yay! VR bashing again! Cheesy I thought it was taking too long. It?s kinda funny cos supposedly, according to the GnR fans this thread should be full of VR fans bashing Gn?R which in 7 pages did not occur. But alright...? Roll Eyes? That?s what the purpose of this section is right? Trashing the band... well at least you guys have some fun doing it. Well done.? yes

You really need to get a clue.

The guy was posting total bullshit lies about me and you attack me.

That makes sense.

How about I make shit about you?

/jarmo

Lies about you ..WTF... I am just stating my opinion. It has been very clear to me why you have this animosity toward VR and there fans. This board used to be a great place for discussion about GnR, past members etc. Then you? (Jarmo) started to get contacted by various people in the GN'R circle. You became a part of that circle. All of the sudden VR was just hype and you didnt buy it. You became one of Axl's yes men, and we all know a yes man to Axl could not say anything good about anything associated with VR. This is all switch and bait , like someone previously posted. That is the only reason you leave this VR section up. Why else would you leave it up, you dont leave it up because you like the band or it's fans that is for sure. It just gets old watching you harass the fans of VR. Before you say it i will, yes i dont have to visit here , but i do, i have made a few really cool internet friends on this board and do enjoy watching the speculation on the release of CD. It just gets really frustrating watching all of the bullshit you bring into these VR threads and blame the VR fans. I myself could careless what either band bring in for each gig, i could careless how many copies Libertad sells. I enjoy there shows and the the cd Libertad, that is all that matters to me. And until Axl delivers this epic, long awaited CD and proves it was worth his so called wait, it is nothing but a joke, and furthermore tarnishes the name Guns n Roses. My question to you is how much will you kiss Slash and Duff's ass if there ever is a GN'R reunion HuhHuhHuh ok
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:10:05 AM by darkdays_01 » Logged
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2007, 02:02:19 AM »

Amen brother.
darkdays_01
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:25 AM »

in the end we all know that the only "cool" thing about a VR show are the covers..
and im not the only one saying it.. most of professional reviews say it
is very easy to understand whty they are not selling tickets..

Perhaps, the VR covers are the most attractive in the shows, but is the same case in New Guns n' Roses, its sold out is due to the classics songs, It is evident the most of people don't know or cares the new leaks, they only want to hear November Rain, Scom, Paradise city, etc...

You're very confused.

It doesn't matter how Guns N' Roses sell out: they're selling out arenas with their own songs.

Newsflash for you: this is not the proper place for you. Go to the fucking Velvet Revolver forum and there you'll have a nice play to say ''New GNR''. Hurry up... join the VR board while there's still a contract between VR and RCA.

Asinine comments like these are the best. "there own songs" .....I am reading liner notes right now and for some reason they forgot to credit, Stinson, Fortus, and Finck on every album Guns n Roses has released...Hmmm strange. ? Then you make another fantastic comment about VR and RCA's recording contract. I just dont get how some of you fools just act like Duff and Slash were never apart of the band.

No Guns n Roses arent selling out arena's for there songs. They are drawing a crowd to hear a very good cover band play Axl and his former band members songs. Unless you are talking about CD, Maddy, IRS and Better. I forgot about those tracks ?Roll Eyes I do like Fortus and Bumblefoot they seem like great dudes. It just sucks reading an interview with them and hear them say , " i have no clue when the album is coming" that has to be frustrating for them. That is my biggest bitch about the new GN'R. Really, how can you call that a band when 3/4 of the musicians know about as much as we do about when there album is gonna be released .  I dont know how anyone can argue about that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:37:54 AM by darkdays_01 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: