Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:23:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60789 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2007, 01:39:09 AM »

in the end we all know that the only "cool" thing about a VR show are the covers..

in the end we all know that the only "cool" thing about a VR show are the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS covers..

What?!! You don't like Guns N' Roses songs?
Tsk,Tsk.

with Weiland on vocals?

no, thanks.
agreed.  he just doesn't have the pipes for the material.   he should sing stuff like Interstate Love Song.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2007, 02:10:41 AM »

in the end we all know that the only "cool" thing about a VR show are the covers..

in the end we all know that the only "cool" thing about a VR show are the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS covers..

What?!! You don't like Guns N' Roses songs?
Tsk,Tsk.

with Weiland on vocals?

no, thanks.

Point noted.

Fuck 'Em All.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2007, 03:12:50 AM »

From most accounts it seems as though this VR tour is playing to around the same average numbers GNR did in '06, fair to say?

If that's the case give or take a few, why is one successful and the other not?

From all the reviews I've read and judging from the show I saw, VR is selling a few thousand less than Axl did on average per show. Taking into account that GNR tix were more expensive and that VR just released an album, selling a couple thousand less is a pretty bad failure IMO.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2007, 03:39:31 AM »

From most accounts it seems as though this VR tour is playing to around the same average numbers GNR did in '06, fair to say?

From all the reviews I've read and judging from the show I saw, VR is selling a few thousand less than Axl did on average per show. Taking into account that GNR tix were more expensive and that VR just released an album, selling a couple thousand less is a pretty bad failure IMO.

and VR is touring with Alice in fucking Chains to boot.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2007, 07:09:46 AM »

GNR is touring with the GNR name, that is a huge fucking difference. They're getting fans from their old material. They haven't released anything to merit their own fan base. This is a stupid argument. There is a huge difference in fanbase for a band that has been around since 1985 to one that has been around since 2003. Lets get back to VR.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2007, 07:10:02 AM »

Il will tell you why he despises the band now , he is part of the "Big Machine" and he now is one of the yes men to good old Axl. That's why.

It can't be because the music isn't good enough. Noooooo...... That's impossible. Everybody loves bland boring music with shitty lyrics and a singer with a boring voice.

As long as it's dangerous rock n' roll!  drool

/jarmo

Yay! VR bashing again! Cheesy I thought it was taking too long. It?s kinda funny cos supposedly, according to the GnR fans this thread should be full of VR fans bashing Gn?R which in 7 pages did not occur. But alright...  Roll Eyes  That?s what the purpose of this section is right? Trashing the band... well at least you guys have some fun doing it. Well done.  yes

You really need to get a clue.

The guy was posting total bullshit lies about me and you attack me.

That makes sense.

How about I make shit about you?

/jarmo

Lol Fair enough. This thread has turned into an arena fight anyway... No... actually it has turned into a "who sells more? GnR or VR?" thread which seems just like what you wanted since your first posts in here.

Concerned to that... I?m not surprised to see that GnR sold more seats that VR this year. GnR will always be one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever... they?re huge all around the world. And although I know many people go see their shows thinking Slash will be there, Axl+GnR name+GnR hits= many tickets sold. What?s the surprise in there? Big deal...

VR are more of a Audioslave type of band... although they?re very successful they will never reach the same success as their previous bands. That?s quite easy to see.

Anyway... I?m done with this "topic"... quite boring anyway... Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2007, 07:17:32 AM »

Some of you guys are scary. I mean your obsessions seem to be on the same level as Mark Chapman (who murdered John Lennon) and Nathan Gale (who murdered Dimebag).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2007, 11:16:41 AM »

Didn't I already answer this?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2007, 12:15:27 PM »

and im not the only one saying it.. most of professional reviews say it
is very easy to understand whty they are not selling tickets..

I enjoy every song in the Velvet Revolver's show, obviously I enjoy more the Guns n' Roses covers due to I am a GN'R fan and to see Slash and Duff performing GNR songs is unpayable, but I really like and enjoy every songs from Contraband and Libertad too and I am not the only one say it...

Perhaps, the VR covers are the most attractive in the shows, but is the same case in New Guns n' Roses, its sold out is due to the classics songs, It is evident the most of people don't know or cares the new leaks, they only want to hear November Rain, Scom, Paradise city, etc...

In short it is same thing in both bands, just change the name of the band, but I enjoy theirs new songs (The Blues, Madagascar/ Slither, Fall to pieces) and the classics songs that I love (Nightrain, November Rain/ Patience, Mr, Brownstone, etc...)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:17:18 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »

The 2006 or 2002 GNR tours were not successful unless it was a huge market like LA, Chicago, or NYC.  In Detroit, it is a fact, VR got a larger crowd in 2004 than GNR did in 2002. 

Guns N Roses is one of the Biggest Rock Bands EVER from the US!  Yet, Poison avereged more ticket sales than the 2006 tour at smaller markets.  That is amazing Poison tours better than GNR, don't you think?  This is just a bad couple of years for rock shows. 
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »

Perhaps, the VR covers are the most attractive in the shows, but is the same case in New Guns n' Roses, its sold out is due to the classics songs, It is evident the most of people don't know or cares the new leaks, they only want to hear November Rain, Scom, Paradise city, etc...

You're very confused.

It doesn't matter how Guns N' Roses sell out: they're selling out arenas with their own songs.

You need to understand for once in your life that ''November Rain'', ''Welcome To The Jungle'', ''The Blues'' and ''Better'' are ALL OF THEM Guns N' Roses song. You can whin and cry all you want, but that's how things are and your resentment wont change a thing.

And how can you say ''it's evident most of the people dont care about the new songs'' if you've never went to a Guns N' Roses concert? How do you know what people wants? Do you know what I want?

The only purpose of your post was suggesting that this band is not Guns N' Roses, and that this band sells out just because they ''play GNR covers'', am I right?

Newsflash for you: this is not the proper place for you. Go to the fucking Velvet Revolver forum and there you'll have a nice play to say ''New GNR''. Hurry up... join the VR board while there's still a contract between VR and RCA.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2007, 01:22:04 PM »

The 2006 or 2002 GNR tours were not successful unless it was a huge market like LA, Chicago, or NYC.  In Detroit, it is a fact, VR got a larger crowd in 2004 than GNR did in 2002. 

And VR in 2004 compared to 2007?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2007, 01:28:39 PM »

The 2006 or 2002 GNR tours were not successful unless it was a huge market like LA, Chicago, or NYC.? In Detroit, it is a fact, VR got a larger crowd in 2004 than GNR did in 2002.?

/jarmo

Jarmo, Why you insist in make a competition of this...

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:15:09 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »

You're very confused.

It doesn't matter how Guns N' Roses sell out: they're selling out arenas with their own songs.

You need to understand for once in your life that ''November Rain'', ''Welcome To The Jungle'', ''The Blues'' and ''Better'' are ALL OF THEM Guns N' Roses song. You can whin and cry all you want, but that's how things are and your resentment wont change a thing.

And how can you say ''it's evident most of the people dont care about the new songs'' if you've never went to a Guns N' Roses concert? How do you know what people wants? Do you know what I want?

The only purpose of your post was suggesting that this band is not Guns N' Roses, and that this band sells out just because they ''play GNR covers'', am I right?

Newsflash for you: this is not the proper place for you. Go to the fucking Velvet Revolver forum and there you'll have a nice play to say ''New GNR''. Hurry up... join the VR board while there's still a contract between VR and RCA.

Oh c'mon man, take a few breaths and relax a little, and while you're at it reevaluate what he said and what you're saying. ?Your perspective is severely jarred if you believe the new songs have anything but the most minimal impact on ticket sales. That is not an attack on the new material, as I like the new songs.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »

That's exactly right, GNR is NOT selling tickets based on it's new material. It is selling based on the legacy that Axl, Izzy, Duff, Matt, and Slash have created for the band. It is hard to build a fanbase than to cater to one that has already existed. Why is this argument continuing?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »

Why is this argument continuing?

Good question... Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »

/jarmo

So you don't think comparing VR's ticket sales in Detroit in 2004 to 2007 is interesting, but comparing the 2004 ticket sales to GN'R's 2002 ticket sales is?

Weird.

That's exactly right, GNR is NOT selling tickets based on it's new material. It is selling based on the legacy that Axl, Izzy, Duff, Matt, and Slash have created for the band. It is hard to build a fanbase than to cater to one that has already existed. Why is this argument continuing?

How come you left out Dizzy, Gilby and Steven?

Is it because Dizzy is still in the band and none of them are in VR?

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2007, 04:15:02 PM »

/jarmo

and lets not forget Ted Zig Zag
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »

/jarmo

So you don't think comparing VR's ticket sales in Detroit in 2004 to 2007 is interesting, but comparing the 2004 ticket sales to GN'R's 2002 ticket sales is?

Weird.

/jarmo

We are talking about VR and GNR ( thanks to you ) so of course he is going to say slash , duff and matt those are the people being discussed.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2007, 04:59:01 PM »

/jarmo

Weird.

/jarmo

We are talking about VR and GNR ( thanks to you ) so of course he is going to say slash , duff and matt those are the people being discussed.

Why is Izzy mentioned then? He's not in GN'R or VR.

Explain.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: