Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:33:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60842 times)
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »

VR DOES have a good album out now and even though the attendence may not be as great as what it should be, they are putting on kickass shows.
no they dont have a good album.. it sounds like nickelback with 2 bluesy solos
and no they dont have a good show.. it is boring as hell..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2007, 04:39:42 PM »

I think it's the other way around, most VR fans don't diss GNR until some psycho crazy GNR fan disses VR.

well, someone says something you dont like about VR so the only way you can defend them is to say something bad about GnR.   You guys can't do it any other way.

VR DOES have a good album out now and even though the attendence may not be as great as what it should be, they are putting on kickass shows.
no they dont have a good album.. it is sound like nickelback with 2 bluesy solos

agreed, Libertad is not a good album.  Its very average.    sorry if the truth hurts.   However, this wont stop me from going to see them.   I agree with Falcon tho a theatre or club show would not only suit them much better, they would probalby be better shows.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

hihi Ignorance is bliss
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2007, 04:47:38 PM »

hihi Ignorance is bliss

You would know now wouldn't you?  Wink
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2007, 04:53:50 PM »

hihi Ignorance is bliss

You would know now wouldn't you?? Wink

Stop the insults back and forth.

Now.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

Il will tell you why he despises the band now , he is part of the "Big Machine" and he now is one of the yes men to good old Axl. That's why.

It can't be because the music isn't good enough. Noooooo...... That's impossible. Everybody loves bland boring music with shitty lyrics and a singer with a boring voice.

As long as it's dangerous rock n' roll!  drool

Several GN'R fans share my opinion on VR. How are you gonna explain that?  Roll Eyes

"Big Machine"..... Fucking conspiracy theorists....

Manson, NIN, Nugent, Skynyrd, The Cure, Oasis, etc.  Many bands from different genres with huge fanbases and a back catalog to support it

The list is endless.

Oasis never made it big in America did they?

A band like the Dave Matthews band (which only is big over there it seems) still sell out arenas....

I think one key is the audiences the bands are aimed at.

VR is aimed at teenagers. And people who were into the previous bands.

I remember Duff even talking about how he went to some rock show with his nanny or something and how sad it was. There was no real rock bands (except them) around....

Seems like that market is more into My Chemical Romance than VR.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2007, 07:15:47 PM »

Il will tell you why he despises the band now , he is part of the "Big Machine" and he now is one of the yes men to good old Axl. That's why.

It can't be because the music isn't good enough. Noooooo...... That's impossible. Everybody loves bland boring music with shitty lyrics and a singer with a boring voice.

/jarmo

Yay! VR bashing again! Cheesy I thought it was taking too long. It?s kinda funny cos supposedly, according to the GnR fans this thread should be full of VR fans bashing Gn?R which in 7 pages did not occur. But alright...  Roll Eyes  That?s what the purpose of this section is right? Trashing the band... well at least you guys have some fun doing it. Well done.  yes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »

My opinions

The album is good.

They should be doing smaller venues.

They should be promoting better.

They are great live shows.

I am going to see them Oct. 2nd.

The Last Fight is decent enough to be on radio, don't know why no stations play it, but still play that bs "rock star" song by Nickelback.

Jim Bob, even you think its worth seeing VR for Slash and Duff alone.  I think its cool as hell you are going to the show, even though you hate a lot of what they do.

Years from now we will apprectiate what VR is doing now.  I promise.  They are doing what they believe in, and that is cool as hell.  When they are broken up and in their 50's, you will sit around and think, hmmm, I should have checked them out when they were still touring and putting good albums out.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2007, 07:58:21 PM »

hihi Ignorance is bliss
so you must blissed...

if im talking it is cuz i know..
saw VR and was boring
heard libertad a lot, trying to like it.. and it is simply a bad album
i like contrabad.. it was ok, a fun album, not a masterpiece.. but def fun
libertad is extremely boring and tiring, apart from gravedancer i didnt find anything good there

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2007, 08:07:16 PM »

Jim Bob, even you think its worth seeing VR for Slash and Duff alone.  I think its cool as hell you are going to the show, even though you hate a lot of what they do.

i am prolly going, its not definite yet.   tix are still available and i may have nothing else to do.   I dont hate what they do, I'm just not a fan of most of their music.   I like STP, and I like their old work in Guns, so I'm a fan of the guys in the band just not them as a collective.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »

so you must blissed...

As I said here:

hihi Ignorance is bliss

You would know now wouldn't you?? Wink

Stop the insults back and forth.

Now.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »

/jarmo

Yay! VR bashing again! Cheesy I thought it was taking too long. It?s kinda funny cos supposedly, according to the GnR fans this thread should be full of VR fans bashing Gn?R which in 7 pages did not occur. But alright...  Roll Eyes  That?s what the purpose of this section is right? Trashing the band... well at least you guys have some fun doing it. Well done.  yes

You really need to get a clue.

The guy was posting total bullshit lies about me and you attack me.

That makes sense.

How about I make shit about you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2007, 08:48:07 PM »

Never to the extent they did in Europe of course, pretty big success early in the Wonderwall/Champagne Supernova era.

No real staying power though.

A band like the Dave Matthews band (which only is big over there it seems) still sell out arenas....

Mathews is a different breed of cat, a very "Greatful Dead" like following over here. ?I'm not sure if I'd even classify them as a rock band at this point.

I think that's a fair characterization for the most part. ?I'd broaden it a bit to "rawk" fans in general.

Not trying to add fuel to any ongoing fire here, but aren't the numbers we're seeing from this VR arena tour fairly similar to that of GNR's here in '06? ?

Arena rock just isn't good business over here, for whatever reasons.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2007, 08:50:47 PM »

Never to the extent they did in Europe of course, pretty big success early in the Wonderwall/Champagne Supernova era.

No real staying power though.

Mathews is a different breed of cat, a very "Greatful Dead" like following over here. ?I'm not sure if I'd even classify them as a rock band at this point.

I think that's a fair characterization for the most part. ?I'd broaden it a bit to "rawk" fans in general.

Not trying to add fuel to any ongoing fire here, but aren't the numbers we're seeing from this VR arena tour fairly similar to that of GNR's here in '06? ?

Falcon, yes, they are very similar and GNR had a huuuuge name to tour behind.  I don't know what America's problem is other than the Internet and Youtube over exposing everything.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »

Not trying to add fuel to any ongoing fire here, but aren't the numbers we're seeing from this VR arena tour fairly similar to that of GNR's here in '06? 

I haven't seen any details about VR selling out any shows on this leg while GN'R did sell out several shows.

GN'R playing a sold out show in Quebec and VR playing for like 3-4000 in Montreal.

Toronto, GN'R played Air Canada Center and VR played some smaller place.

Not to mention the shows in Europe which were even more successful in that regard.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:53:18 PM by jarmo » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2007, 09:07:46 PM »

I haven't seen any details about VR selling out any shows on this leg while GN'R did sell out several shows.

Me either on the VR end.

As for GNR, would it be a fair assumption that most of the shows done in the US in '06 were to less than capacity audiences?

If that was indeed the case, would it be fair to say that particular GNR tour wasn't a success?

Not looking to argue, just feedback and educated opinion.

GN'R playing a sold out show in Quebec and VR playing for like 3-4000 in Montreal.

Totonto, GN'R played Air Canada Center and VR played some smaller place.

No clue about the state of arena rock for me in Canada, maybe one of our Canadian board members could shed some light.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2007, 09:17:47 PM »

VR played the Air Canada Center...it's now called the Molson Center...check the facts Jarmo. Then again, I would not expect you to be too accurate given your history of posts in this section.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2007, 09:23:55 PM »

Me either on the VR end.

As for GNR, would it be a fair assumption that most of the shows done in the US in '06 were to less than capacity audiences?

If that was indeed the case, would it be fair to say that particular GNR tour wasn't a success?

Considering they weren't on the radio or TV with a new song out, I'd say it was a success.

Not all shows sold out, but you seem to forget how many shows they actually played.

They did four arena shows in Florida alone. I think most bands play maybe two arena shows there.

As you mentioned, not many bands can play arenas these days.

GN'R can, all over the world.

VR played the Air Canada Center...it's now called the Molson Center...check the facts Jarmo. Then again, I would not expect you to be too accurate given your history of posts in this section.

From their official web site:

08.12.07     toronto     ON    CA    Molson Amphitheatre

A simple Google search resulted with the following URL: http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/molsonamp/

The Air Canada Centre still seems to be there: http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/

It's still the home of the Maple Leafs.....

I don't expect to see an apology from you considering your attacks against me.....

/jarmo

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2007, 09:26:39 PM »

Totonto, GN'R played Air Canada Center and VR played some smaller place.

No clue about the state of arena rock for me in Canada, maybe one of our Canadian board members could shed some light.

It's a lot different up here from what I can see. Most rock shows up here sell out if the bands are good. I know at least pretty much every show GNR has ever done up here have been either sold out or pretty close to being sold out. I think it probably has to do with the fact that quite a few bands only play the major cities like Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton/Calgary etc so people are probably more willing to travel to see there favorite bands play. A few years ago the Stones played in Moncton New Brunswick and people traveled from all over the country (and the north eastern US) just to see the show. So I guess were just starved for great live shows up here.  Undecided
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2007, 09:32:30 PM »

Actually Jarmo, I guess you are right. At least I can admit when I am wrong. They are different venues. It appears that most concerts occur now at the Molson Amphitheater. Aerosmith will be playing there soon. They are however similar sized venues once you incorporate the stage in the hockey and basketball arena.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: