Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:30:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60695 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2007, 12:33:52 PM »

upset about what??? Vr not selling out shows?

The GN'R mentions and this going off topic.

Judging by all the whining, you're all very interested in keeping this on topic.

So go for it!  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »

On topic...

The attendance figures don't surprise me at all, this bill would have been much better served
by playing in 2000+ theatres. 

US arenas just aren't the right fit unless it's an Aerosmith type or some sort of reunion like VH.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
elmir
VIP

« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2007, 01:25:34 PM »

Poor album, poor marketing, the hype is gone.
There's not enough people who wants to hear She Builds Quick Machines in the markets to fill the arenas to half full.

The album is not necessarily poor, there is some good work on there, and it belongs as the part of any decent rock collection.....but it is at times very "boring" and i mean this in the nicest way possible.....it just isn't much of a departure from Contraband, which i think is problem nr.1....they didn't variate enough from the initial formula....

marketing bad?
from what i have seen, they have been all over the radio and tv, doing interviews, performances on Letterman, press interviews, all sorts of stuff....i'd say their PR machine is working overtime.....

The names Scott Weiland or Slash doesn't make enough people wanna pay for tickets to fill half full arenas.

as sad as this makes me.....i have to semi-agree.....although i'd pay a good price to hear Slash's guitar on Mr. Brownstone.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »

I had made the promise not to come to this VR section again (now I go to another forum to discuss that band... a place where I can talk about VR related new in a peacefull and distressed way). I?d only go to this board to check on Gn?R news (which everyone knows is the best for that purpose). But watching this thread made me feel quite angry and upset (my fault cos I didn?t have to come here) as I always were whenever I posted in here.

I read this thread from page 1. It started about VR?s attendance. A question about ("On this recent tour is it sold out or is it barely selling tix ?"). Someone answered it ("The concert industry is touch and go right now-7,000 isn't too bad actually-Kelly Clarkson, who has sold a ton of albums, cancelled a tour rercently-I know the project revolution tour (I'm not that familiar with the bands) did not come clost to selling out here, and Van Halen still isn't sold out here").

And here?s what happens next: Jarmo gets in action puting Gn?R into the topic out of nothing ("Suddenly 7000 isn't too bad......Funny how different it sounded in 2006. "They're not selling out arenas".They refers to another band who did sell out multiple dates on their last North American tour.")

And now what is he saying?
/jarmo

So... something?s quite wrong here. Jarmo was the one talking about Gn?R in this thread ruining it. But now he?s saying its the others in this topic that get off-topic and that mention Gn?R... hummmm. ok!

Now I ask... how come the VR section is still up? It is now a general knowing that you hate VR.

It?s quite interesting too seeing that you used to post on velvetrevolver.com (with 889 posts... more than I have here) from 2003 to 2006.
Posts regarding every band member (including Matt Sorum: http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ca6d816bbcb140669e4792c95d682666&topic=20530.msg149494#msg149494~), many providing articles about the band (http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8926.msg192142#msg192142, http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=19761.msg93144#msg93144) tour dates (http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=9750.msg252085#msg252085)

Can u imagine that now?

Oh... and apparently he saw VR 5 times (http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6979.msg230586#msg230586, http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7794.msg227811#msg227811) probably more than many of us, supporters of VR.

So, apparently he was a fan like us, he was all interested in the band (like we are now), wanting to know the news, sharing with others, going to the gigs, posting tour dates etc, etc.

Now everything has changed. He doesn?t like the band, he doesn?t like people who support it, he ruins the VR threads in this section. I wonder... what happened Jarmo? What made you not support the band anymore? Cos I mean... the guys are the same from Contraband, the album is not that different soud-wise to Contraband... What is different? I understand you may not feel interested in the band anymore... it happens all the time, all around the world. That is normal. But to start hating it? That?s kinda weird. You could just not give a fuck about the band anymore... but instead, you give it attention by coming to every fucking thread VR-related to ruin every discussion. Again... something?s wrong here- you could simply ignore the band as you don?t like it anymore or you just don?t feel the "hype" anymore as you say. But from your posts these days... there?s definately some hate in there. I wonder why...

I know you?ll give me a "whatever Ines" kind of answer, but I just wanted people to know who you really are (or were). Of course you can delete my post too... that?s up to you. 

Now... back to the topic... Yes... VR are not having a good American Tour... at least comparing to the one they did for Contraband (see? I didn?t bring GnR last american tour to compare... there?s no need for that). That might have to do with album sales, or the general reception of the album (although I prefer it to Contraband)... who knows. But one thing I know for sure... that won?t make me like less the band, or not make me see them when they come to my country.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »

Now everything has changed. He doesn?t like the band, he doesn?t like people who support it, he ruins the VR threads in this section. I wonder... what happened Jarmo? What made you not support the band anymore?

Guns N' Roses happened! Didn't I tell you this before?

I seem to be repeating the same thing over and over for you VR lovers. I tried to enjoy the band, the shows I saw were entertaining (I also had fun seeing Adler's Appetite) etc etc. Then I woke up!

I thought It's Five O'Clock Somewhere was great! When it came out in 1995..... Then a few months later I didn't think so. I used to listen to Believe In Me a lot in 1993 too... Then I just stopped and when I went back, I noticed the quality wasn't what I first thought.

I used to post on that VR forum. I helped create it as a favor to a "friend". Somebody who used to post here years ago.

I also used to post VR news on this site as well. Go ahead and quote each of the VR news stories I posted.  Kiss

On topic...

The attendance figures don't surprise me at all, this bill would have been much better served
by playing in 2000+ theatres. 

US arenas just aren't the right fit unless it's an Aerosmith type or some sort of reunion like VH.

Pearl Jam?

Arenas work for bands who know how to work an arena crowd and who have the fanbase.

Not many rock bands do.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:19:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2007, 02:39:27 PM »

Pearl Jam?

Does PJ consistently sell out arenas in the US?  I've never followed them so I really have no idea.
With 17 years of legacy I'd think they'd have a shot at it.

Arenas work for bands who know how to work an arena crowd and who have the fanbase.

Not necessarily.

There's plenty of bands with huge fanbases with plenty of experience in working arena crowds over the careers that don't pack them in like they used to here in the states.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »

There was another band that toured last year in NA and Jarmos right, they sold out multiple shows and played others in half filled arenas .... wait didn't most of those arenas seat around 18-20 thousand, so half filled was more like 9-10 thousand.... but i guess 7000 isnt too bad either.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2007, 02:40:30 PM »

Now everything has changed. He doesn?t like the band, he doesn?t like people who support it, he ruins the VR threads in this section. I wonder... what happened Jarmo? What made you not support the band anymore?

Guns N' Roses happened! Didn't I tell you this before?

I seem to be repeating the same thing over and over for you VR lovers. I tried to enjoy the band, the shows I saw were entertaining (I also had fun seeing Adler's Appetite) etc etc. Then I woke up!

Humm... ok. You lost interest. And as I said... that?s normal. But what you feel for VR isn?t indiference... and I would understand that. You hate the band. And that is shown by every post you make in this section.
Another thing I can?t understand, which made me join another forum, is why you can?t stand people who (like you did once) like VR and come to this section to discuss the band. I thought that was the point of this section... discussing VR by people who like VR and Gn?R (which I think is not a crime btw). But apparently it ain?t. Answer me this: why does the VR sections exists in this board right now and what?s its purpose?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »

But apparently it ain?t. Answer me this: why does the VR sections exists in this board right now and what?s its purpose?

to piss you off
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »

Jarmo, I agree with Ines on this one. You have been entering a lot of threads in this section and starting controversy with a couple people in each thread. It's your forum, you have a right to do so.

I don't see a lot of discussion regard GNR vs VR in this section anymore, unless you bring it up, then someone takes offence to it, and it starts and argument. If you have no interest in VR anymore, you could do as Ines said, and just no bother to respond to the threads. Or, since its up to you, if VR annoys you so much, to the point that you even hate them, just get rid of this section all together, and just have it in with Ex gunners. I'm sure that would cause a lot of the people you see as 'GNR haters' to leave and seek a VR only forum.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »

But apparently it ain?t. Answer me this: why does the VR sections exists in this board right now and what?s its purpose?

to piss you off

and you don't throw trash in the food pantry you through it the garbage can, so you keep the GNR stuff in the pantry and the VR stuff in the other place, same house though

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2007, 02:53:09 PM »

When the VR guys start acting differently, maybe then things will change.

As long as they keep this charade going, some of us will comment.

As long as they keep mentioning GN'R, GN'R fans will notice all the bullshit.

Not necessarily.

There's plenty of bands with huge fanbases with plenty of experience in working arena crowds over the careers that don't pack them in like they used to here in the states.

A band like Marilyn Manson?

I think part of it has to do with the fact that the music scene has changed a bit since they started. As well as their music.

VR didn't even seem like an arena band in the days of the multi-million selling Contraband.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:09:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2007, 02:58:06 PM »

When the VR guys start acting ldifferently, maybe then things will change.

As long as they keep this charade going, some of us will comment.

As long as they keep mentioning GN'R, GN'R fans will notice all the bullshit.

Huh Is that the answer for my question? Or you?re not going to answer?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:00:37 PM by Ines » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »

I've answered it time after time.

There are GN'R fans who like VR.

This isn't the right site for VR fans who want to come here to stir up shit.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2007, 03:14:56 PM »

Which VR fans hate GNR?  I thought most here were GNR fans first, like me, and are now also VR fans...  hmmm
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »

I've answered it time after time.

There are GN'R fans who like VR.

This isn't the right site for VR fans who want to come here to stir up shit.

/jarmo

Lol oh well...  Undecided It?s impossible isnt?t it? "There are GnR fans who like VR" yup... I?m one of them. However... I don?t feel confortable anymore in this section and I?m pretty sure many of others ain?t aswell. Even a GnR fan gets tired of the "GnR vs VR threads" as you turned this one. And I like how you blame the "VR fans" of causing this. Ok... Roll Eyes Although you claim this is for GnR fans who like VR it ain?t... at all. It is a place to bash VR... and their fans. For whatever reason... which you can?t explain to me.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »

dude u guys can keep bagging on jarmo for bringing  up GnR in this thread.

that doesnt' change the fact that every other time its been brought up in this section, its because someone didn't like something that was said about VR so they retaliate with a snide remark about GnR.    <-- more often then not thats how it goes.  its the only way some ppl know how to defend VR.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

I think it's the other way around, most VR fans don't diss GNR until some psycho crazy GNR fan disses VR. For some reason they think they have to worship Axl and try and diminish VR. Anyways regardless, VR DOES have a good album out now and even though the attendence may not be as great as what it should be, they are putting on kickass shows. I can't wait to get one of the new concerts from the last leg on DVD.
darkdays_01
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »

I had made the promise not to come to this VR section again (now I go to another forum to discuss that band... a place where I can talk about VR related new in a peacefull and distressed way). I?d only go to this board to check on Gn?R news (which everyone knows is the best for that purpose). But watching this thread made me feel quite angry and upset (my fault cos I didn?t have to come here) as I always were whenever I posted in here.

I read this thread from page 1. It started about VR?s attendance. A question about ("On this recent tour is it sold out or is it barely selling tix ?"). Someone answered it ("The concert industry is touch and go right now-7,000 isn't too bad actually-Kelly Clarkson, who has sold a ton of albums, cancelled a tour rercently-I know the project revolution tour (I'm not that familiar with the bands) did not come clost to selling out here, and Van Halen still isn't sold out here").

And here?s what happens next: Jarmo gets in action puting Gn?R into the topic out of nothing ("Suddenly 7000 isn't too bad......Funny how different it sounded in 2006. "They're not selling out arenas".They refers to another band who did sell out multiple dates on their last North American tour.")

And now what is he saying?
/jarmo

So... something?s quite wrong here. Jarmo was the one talking about Gn?R in this thread ruining it. But now he?s saying its the others in this topic that get off-topic and that mention Gn?R... hummmm. ok!

Now I ask... how come the VR section is still up? It is now a general knowing that you hate VR.

It?s quite interesting too seeing that you used to post on velvetrevolver.com (with 889 posts... more than I have here) from 2003 to 2006.
Posts regarding every band member (including Matt Sorum: http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ca6d816bbcb140669e4792c95d682666&topic=20530.msg149494#msg149494~), many providing articles about the band (http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8926.msg192142#msg192142, http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=19761.msg93144#msg93144) tour dates (http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=9750.msg252085#msg252085)

Can u imagine that now?

Oh... and apparently he saw VR 5 times (http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6979.msg230586#msg230586, http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7794.msg227811#msg227811) probably more than many of us, supporters of VR.

So, apparently he was a fan like us, he was all interested in the band (like we are now), wanting to know the news, sharing with others, going to the gigs, posting tour dates etc, etc.

Now everything has changed. He doesn?t like the band, he doesn?t like people who support it, he ruins the VR threads in this section. I wonder... what happened Jarmo? What made you not support the band anymore? Cos I mean... the guys are the same from Contraband, the album is not that different soud-wise to Contraband... What is different? I understand you may not feel interested in the band anymore... it happens all the time, all around the world. That is normal. But to start hating it? That?s kinda weird. You could just not give a fuck about the band anymore... but instead, you give it attention by coming to every fucking thread VR-related to ruin every discussion. Again... something?s wrong here- you could simply ignore the band as you don?t like it anymore or you just don?t feel the "hype" anymore as you say. But from your posts these days... there?s definately some hate in there. I wonder why...

I know you?ll give me a "whatever Ines" kind of answer, but I just wanted people to know who you really are (or were). Of course you can delete my post too... that?s up to you.?

Now... back to the topic... Yes... VR are not having a good American Tour... at least comparing to the one they did for Contraband (see? I didn?t bring GnR last american tour to compare... there?s no need for that). That might have to do with album sales, or the general reception of the album (although I prefer it to Contraband)... who knows. But one thing I know for sure... that won?t make me like less the band, or not make me see them when they come to my country.

Il will tell you why he despises the band now , he is part of the "Big Machine" and he now is one of the yes men to good old Axl. That's why.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2007, 04:35:17 PM »

A band like Marilyn Manson?

Manson, NIN, Nugent, Skynyrd, The Cure, Oasis, etc. ?Many bands from different genres with huge fanbases and a back catalog to support it

The list is endless.

I think part of it has to do with the fact that the music scene has changed a bit since they started. As well as their music.

I think that's a very valid point, no argument here.

VR didn't even seem like an arena band in the days of the multi-million selling Contraband.

No they didn't. which for me was a good thing. ?

Case in point, I'm a fan of the band and like both their records but have absolutely no desire to see this tour solely based on it being taken to the public via arenas.

If this bill was packaged in theatres I'd be all over it, simple as that.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: