Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:35:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60854 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2007, 08:26:32 PM »

Let's see if any VR fans want to talk about the ticket sales soon or if they'd rather focus on something else (which I can understand considering the facts)....

/jarmo

Well let's talk about ticket sales...

Questions?...
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »

Yes this is a gnr board, but we are in the VR-section. So what is the problem Jarmo. I'm a big fan of both bands. If you don't like VR, why are still replying on this section? I prefer the VR version two. Just because the solo slash plays is closest to the original version.

You know, I could make this problem go away really easily if you want.

A couple of clicks and you can't say "this is the VR section" anymore.

Stop using that excuse.

This is a Guns N' Roses site for GN'R fans.

Not a VR site for VR fans who wish GN'R will fail.

I'm a GN'R fan posting on a GN'R site. What the fuck is weird about that?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

HAHA, idle threats. ?Jarmo, you know damn well that you don't have the guts (or possibly permission) to put your money where your mouth is and delete the VR section. ?Why? ?Because this section has a purpose...and it's not simply here b/c Jarmo's altruistic generosity to all fans of GnR members past and present. ?

Since 2004, Velvet Revolver has inadvertently played a vital role in the "bait and switch" marketing of Guns n' Roses to their fanbase. ?By creating and maintaining an intense rivalry between the two bands, you link everything one does to the other. ?The result? ?When Velvet Revolver releases an album, GnR receives a large portion of publicity as well. ?Sure, GnR would gain pub from VR naturally due to the involvement of former members, but in the context of this website, it provides a section for disgruntled GnR fans to vent negativity and build up GnR's accomplishments at the expense of VR. ?

So, in essence the conversation goes like so, "GnR hasn't released an album in over a decade...shhhh...look how shitty Libertad is," or "VR's ticket sales are slow...hey, GnR's concerts sold as well or better." ?Textbook case of minimizing VR's accomplishments to minimize GnR's faults. ?Just take a look at any thread in this section. ?Every promising topic is quickly poisoned by the usual suspects, and blame is spun toward VR fans (many who are also GnR fans, but become collateral damage of the marketing machine). ?Doesn't work the same way in the GnR section, where malcontents are quickly silenced (cue Jarmo crying about "this is a GnR board," like he's reading from a worn out script). ?So what impression does the casual fan perusing this site leave with? ?Things are sunny in the GnR camp, while VR rages with turmoil.

Gotta give credit where it's due. ?It's a brilliant last ditch effort to defend a band that has long been beyond defense. ?So, Jarmo, kudos to you if you prove me wrong and actually delete the VR section, but if you just can't do it, let me make a suggestion. ?Rename this section "Damage Control."
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »

spot on, oldleadbelly, spot on.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2007, 09:57:06 PM »

Yes this is a gnr board, but we are in the VR-section. So what is the problem Jarmo. I'm a big fan of both bands. If you don't like VR, why are still replying on this section? I prefer the VR version two. Just because the solo slash plays is closest to the original version.

Stop using that excuse.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Well fucking do it , Sir. Quit dicking around and fucking do it.

I think we all should leave  the excuse.making for Axl ,dude has gotten pretty good at it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:59:18 PM by Timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2007, 12:47:55 AM »

I agree, there.  Just do it.  Get rid of it.    No, on second thought...don't.....it continues to make for interesting reading and posts!   That's what it's all about, anymore....VR vs GNR, Scott vs Axl.  Although, you know.... I live in a pink bubble.   

I don't give a flying fuck about ticket sales and attendance, for either band.  Who cares?         

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2007, 01:15:32 AM »

I'd hate to see this section go.

It has provided me with many a laugh on the days I needed it most.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2007, 04:37:13 AM »

so...back on topic....show of hands....who thinks that the "dropped" VR attendance at shows is the result of a "below par" album....or just a general state of the music industry overall in 2007?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2007, 04:46:23 AM »

so...back on topic....show of hands....who thinks that the "dropped" VR attendance at shows is the result of a "below par" album....or just a general state of the music industry overall in 2007?

i'm not sure.  the fact that they are touring w/AIC makes me think it could be the state of the industry.   VR isn't a huge name(although the guys in the band are huge names) but AIC definitely is.   Like I said, the show here in Vegas still has plenty (good) seats available and its 2 weeks away.   On the other hand, the Smashing Pumpkins show next week is sold out, but they are playing a much smaller venue.   Perhaps VR should be playing something smaller.   They are playing the Mandalay Bay Events Center (cap. 12,000), when they should be playing in a place like the Joint or the House of Blues.   
elmir
VIP

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2007, 04:48:45 AM »

that's also in the US....which is a terribly tricky market to satisfy.....how did they do worldwide?
other than Europe, which other "out of reach" places did they play at this year, if any?

anyone knows the turnout and reception they received there?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2007, 04:51:20 AM »

that's also in the US....which is a terribly tricky market to satisfy.....how did they do worldwide?
other than Europe, which other "out of reach" places did they play at this year, if any?

anyone knows the turnout and reception they received there?

yea i dont get why US crowds are so hard to please.   Whatever happened to going for the sake of a good rock n roll show.   I'm prolly gonna go see VR, jus as I went to see GNR many times last year.   I'm not a huge fan of their music by any means, but it'll be cool to see Slash and Duff tear it up.   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2007, 08:21:38 AM »

HAHA, idle threats.  Jarmo, you know damn well that you don't have the guts (or possibly permission) to put your money where your mouth is and delete the VR section.  Why?  Because this section has a purpose...and it's not simply here b/c Jarmo's altruistic generosity to all fans of GnR members past and present. 

What a bunch of bullshit from somebody who doesn't have a fucking clue.

Never assume I don't have "the guts".

Poor album, poor marketing, the hype is gone.

There's not enough people who wants to hear She Builds Quick Machines in the markets to fill the arenas to half full.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2007, 09:02:47 AM »

Just get rid of this fucking section ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2007, 09:43:13 AM »

I'm sure if the VR section was deleted someone would make a VR thread in the Bad Obsession section...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2007, 10:39:30 AM »

Poor album, poor marketing, the hype is gone.

There's not enough people who wants to hear She Builds Quick Machines in the markets to fill the arenas to half full.

/jarmo

Will most of that may be true. The poor album thing is only an opinion.

The music market isn't very rock friendly it hasn't been for a good while now.

Sure some rock acts can sell tickets to shows . The Stones, VH ...But those are band with a large vast history. 

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »

yeah, the album is very good in my opinion. I don't want to read snarky posts by people who plaster their own opinion as the general opinion of the world, it's just...what's the word....stupid!

they might sell less tickets than expected at some shows, that's just normal. but it generally don't seem to me like they lack attendance.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2007, 10:52:57 AM »

yeah, the album is very good in my opinion. I don't want to read snarky posts by people who plaster their own opinion as the general opinion of the world, it's just...what's the word....stupid!

Because your opinion differs from the rest of the world, you come to a GN'R board and expect GN'R fans to have the same opinion about VR as you?

Weird logic.

The names Scott Weiland or Slash doesn't make enough people wanna pay for tickets to fill half full arenas.

Maybe you wish that I wouldn't post that fact.

they might sell less tickets than expected at some shows, that's just normal. but it generally don't seem to me like they lack attendance.

Which shows sold out then?

Playing venues with attendances ranging from 1/4 full to half full, I'd say something is lacking.

Maybe it'd be viewed differently if at least some of them were sold out. But I haven't heard of any sold out shows on this tour. Have you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2007, 11:01:32 AM »

Because your opinion differs from the rest of the world, you come to a GN'R board and expect GN'R fans to have the same opinion about VR as you?

Weird logic.

So you speak for the rest of the world....I never got that memo.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:05:36 AM by Timothy » Logged

Meanbone1980
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »

Stop using that excuse.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Well maybe you have to do that. Just like i already said. I like both bands. If Guns n' roses is comming to Holland i'm going to see them. If VR are in Holland i'm going to see them two. I don't think there are a lot of VR fans that wish guns to fail. I think there are more people on this board who wish that VR fails... For me it's perfect. Now I have 2 bands that are on the road who make very cool music (at least that is my opnion).

//Anton
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »

Well maybe you have to do that. Just like i already said. I like both bands. If Guns n' roses is comming to Holland i'm going to see them. If VR are in Holland i'm going to see them two. I don't think there are a lot of VR fans that wish guns to fail. I think there are more people on this board who wish that VR fails... For me it's perfect. Now I have 2 bands that are on the road who make very cool music (at least that is my opnion).

//Anton

Good for you.  ok

For some of us, the material these guys have done since leaving GN'R doesn't excite us in the same way GN'R does.

Weird logic.

So you speak for the rest of the world....I never got that memo.

It was a generalization. You can find people who love every album ever released if you look hard enough.

It's like seeing Buckethead fans coming here and expecting everybody on this board to love his solo albums because he created music with GN'R in the past.

Do you wanna keep dragging this off topic? I thought you guys were very upset.

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »

upset about what??? Vr not selling out shows?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: