Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60818 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2007, 03:26:39 PM »

Yes this is a gnr board, but we are in the VR-section. So what is the problem Jarmo. I'm a big fan of both bands. If you don't like VR, why are still replying on this section? I prefer the VR version two. Just because the solo slash plays is closest to the original version.

You know, I could make this problem go away really easily if you want.

A couple of clicks and you can't say "this is the VR section" anymore.

Stop using that excuse.

This is a Guns N' Roses site for GN'R fans.

Not a VR site for VR fans who wish GN'R will fail.

I'm a GN'R fan posting on a GN'R site. What the fuck is weird about that?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2007, 03:27:26 PM »

Why can't we ever have a civil, on-topic discussion without bringing GNR into the mix in this section? I honestly can't remember a single topic that hasn't gone horribly off-track and become a flame/bash fest.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
elmir
VIP

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »

At every show I've been at people have had no idea that Slash isn't in the band anymore.  Hell, in the May 15th Hammerstein show (which as Axl said was the die hard GN'R fans) you can hear some guy yell out "Where's Slash" on the audio.  Outside of the message boards, people in attendance are expecting the old band. 

it isn't as bad as that...true, general public may not know the new guys in the band...(it feels weird calling them new, considering some of them have been there for so long).....but most people are well aware that Slash is no longer there....i remember when the SA shows were announced, there were many radio promos to win some tickets to the shows, and throughout the whole time, before it got canceled, everyone seemed well informed as to what the general status of gnr was.....

but in Velvet Revolver is Duff and Slash (emblem of Guns n' Roses),

hey man, if the material is not appealing, then its not appealing.....regardless of who plays it....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »

Why can't we ever have a civil, on-topic discussion without bringing GNR into the mix in this section? I honestly can't remember a single topic that hasn't gone horribly off-track and become a flame/bash fest.

I asked some questions about the topic, but didn't get any replies.

You can fucking bash me all you want, I'm stating facts about the ticket sales and just because I love GN'R, those facts don't matter?

I made a simple remark about how some of you were bashing GN'R's ticket sales last year (a fact) while none of you say anything about VR's sales which are lower than GN'R''s.

Seems like VR gets way with anything.

Unfortunately for some of you, there are GN'R fans who aren't afraid to point out the facts when the rest of you are living in your pink VR bubble.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2007, 03:39:24 PM »

I asked some questions about the topic, but didn't get any replies.

You can fucking bash me all you want, I'm stating facts about the ticket sales and just because I love GN'R, those facts don't matter?
Who is this toward? If it's me, I wasn't trying to bash you. I was just pointing out that every thread here recently turns into a shit storm. No remarks towards anyone in particular.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2007, 03:49:40 PM »

I wasn't one of those people that bashed GnR ticket sales last year ?and yet I still have to hear you immaturely attack VR. ?I am not bashing you for your facts, I am going to bash you for being a hypocritical ass that I believe loves to start flame wars here in the VR section. Do you want to help put an end to the belief that one can only solely be a GnR Fan or a VR fan? or do you advocate this seperation and constant bickering between the two?

You run this place, and therefore set a big example, if your own insecurities about the current line up of GnR prevent you from ever helping this problem, I really think you should consider removing the VR section. ?Right now it looks like this forum promotes segregating the fans into two seperate camps. ....but maybe that is what you want
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »

I fully expect the VR section on this board to be gone. It's great that you can supposedly say whatever you want as long as it doesn't class with the dictatorship-like views of the webmaster of this site. It will be a shame to see this section go for those people that were fans of both bands, but then again this section has gone way downhill since someone decided he would hate VR anyways.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »

I agree this section should be removed.  I suggested this awhile ago when Jarmo couldn't get along with the people that post in the VR section of his GNR board!
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2007, 04:13:09 PM »

I would love to see it stay, there should be a VR section on a GNR board, just like there should be a VR section in an STP board and a GNR and STP section in a VR board. The difference is a few people wreck the VR section on this board, regardless of the half-baked justifications they have.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2007, 04:54:31 PM »

there should be a VR section on a GNR board

No there shouldn't. It's 2 separate bands, one has nothing to do with the other.
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2007, 05:00:14 PM »

Except that a large portion of the band is responsible for all of us knowing how the fuck GNR is, and the same with Scott and STP. You should remember and respect the history behind it.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2007, 05:03:29 PM »

It's 2 separate bands, one has nothing to do with the other.

You do know Slash, Duff, and Matt were all in GnR right?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2007, 05:09:57 PM »

they aren't now
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »

I agree this section should be removed.  I suggested this awhile ago when Jarmo couldn't get along with the people that post in the VR section of his GNR board!

I don't get along with all the people posting in the GN'R section either.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna remove it from the board.

Let's see if any VR fans want to talk about the ticket sales soon or if they'd rather focus on something else (which I can understand considering the facts)....

/jarmo

chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2007, 05:52:42 PM »

they aren't now

ummm duh? He said they have nothing to do with eachother, as there is no connection between the two bands, I was showing him the relation between the two groups and why most boards do choose to have sections for the other bands.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2007, 06:34:29 PM »

I don't get along with all the people posting in the GN'R section either.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna remove it from the board.

Let's see if any VR fans want to talk about the ticket sales soon or if they'd rather focus on something else (which I can understand considering the facts)....

/jarmo\

We where all talking about the sales , but when you BRING UP the other band it tends to getting annoying.  OH yea we dont want to talk about it because they cant pack arenas BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY only bands that do are good...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2007, 06:43:26 PM »

No there shouldn't. It's 2 separate bands, one has nothing to do with the other.

Slash and Duff played a very instrumentally part in making the songs that are still played today. ( Even though some people on this board think Axl was the only mastermind , even coming up with the guitar parts on piano ). Zig Zag doesn't get it , the point is this guy says psh VR has NOTHING to do with GNR. Yea right , sorry but if you think that you're living a lie. 3/4 of the music played at GNR concerts was created with the input of these guys , sure they may play it but they CREATED it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »

Slash and Duff played a very instrumentally part in making the songs that are still played today. ( Even though some people on this board think Axl was the only mastermind , even coming up with the guitar parts on piano ). Zig Zag doesn't get it , the point is this guy says psh VR has NOTHING to do with GNR. Yea right , sorry but if you think that you're living a lie. 3/4 of the music played at GNR concerts was created with the input of these guys , sure they may play it but they CREATED it.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth! What I said was they are 2 separate bands. Is anyone in GNR in VR or vice versa? Thought not, therefore there should not be a VR section on a GNR board plain and simple.
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »

Get rid of the VR section...just do it.  Unless you keep it around just to spew out your venom and hatred.  Then by all means keep it.  After all it is your site.

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2007, 08:25:05 PM »

Thanks for putting words in my mouth! What I said was they are 2 separate bands. Is anyone in GNR in VR or vice versa? Thought not, therefore there should not be a VR section on a GNR board plain and simple.

NO you said they have NOTHING to do with each other , nothing meaning there is no in any way shape or form relation between the 2 bands. Saying no one in GNR is in VR is very different from saying GNR has NOTHING to do with VR.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: