Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:24:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60656 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 02:37:57 AM »

And another topic is ruined in 4 posts.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »

Any true rock band these days, are doing good to bring in 5,000 let alone 12,000. I dont know what Axl's band did but if they drew anything around 9,000+  that is great especially for a rock band. The music industry is fucked.

They did a lot better than some of you wanted them to or want to give them credit for.

That's why you get some pissed off by me mentioning GN'R. They outsold VR. It makes VR look bad.

None of you would be annoyed if it was the other way around.

Bitch and whine at us and look who is the first to bring up another band , it just comes to show the maturity here...

What do you think of VR's ticket sales on this tour?

Was it what you expected?

Are you excited that they're playing for arenas that are 1/4 - 1/2 full?

Do you think they're an arena rock band like Foo Fighters, GN'R, Pearl Jam and others?

Why do you think nobody seems to give a fuck about their shows?

Did you attend any show(s)? If you didn't, why not?

Do you think the VIP package mess hurt ticket sales?

/jarmo

What do those questions have anything to do with the fact that within like 5 posts you decided to bring GNR up? And then you say how VR fans argue we'll when you bring it up thats what happens.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 05:32:35 AM »

Any true rock band these days, are doing good to bring in 5,000 let alone 12,000. I dont know what Axl's band did but if they drew anything around 9,000+ that is great especially for a rock band. The music industry is fucked.

They did a lot better than some of you wanted them to or want to give them credit for.

That's why you get some pissed off by me mentioning GN'R. They outsold VR. It makes VR look bad.

None of you would be annoyed if it was the other way around.

I think people are more amused than annoyed...
anyways, how do you usually feel when a VR fan brings up GNR in here?
you claim that it's wrong and that GNR has nothing to do in this sub-forum, while at the same time you seem to love it, because it gives you an unbeatable formula for an argument...same as the other side has now. you slipped up, just admit it...(yeah right).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:39:32 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 07:35:02 AM »

What do those questions have anything to do with the fact that within like 5 posts you decided to bring GNR up? And then you say how VR fans argue we'll when you bring it up thats what happens.

Fair enough. You're not interested in the topic.

Got it.  ok

you claim that it's wrong and that GNR has nothing to do in this sub-forum, while at the same time you seem to love it, because it gives you an unbeatable formula for an argument...same as the other side has now. you slipped up, just admit it...(yeah right).

I mentioned GN'R because of the double standards.

All of you are so annoyed because as I said, that mention makes VR's ticket sales look bad.

Not very popular among people like you....

None of you are posting about this when GN'R is mentioned by one of your own and it's used to make VR look good. Very amusing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 09:10:24 AM »

Poor record and ticket sales are definitely not a good sign.

I don't see much future for this band... just one more record.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »

I don't see much future for this band... just one more record.

they'll milk it for a few more years....200.000 units in this day and age, and 7.000 people in shows is definitely not a reason to pack it up....its not world shattering....but its income....they'll keep going for a while still....

Just like Snakepit, the music isn't good enough to stand the test of time.....

now now....even though it wasn't commercially very successful...(and it had bad vocals)....Snakepit albums are good guitar albums....some great guitar work on them....i'd say even better than VR's guitar work.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
darkdays_01
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »

Any true rock band these days, are doing good to bring in 5,000 let alone 12,000. I dont know what Axl's band did but if they drew anything around 9,000+? that is great especially for a rock band. The music industry is fucked.

]

If you would have read my post, i actually did give them credit. yes

What is annoying is people like yourself always gotta make a piss ass statement about VR. Maybe if your boy Axl would get the guts and finally release his fucking album the critics would be silenced. At this point he cant do it, and is touring, actually doing exactly what Steven Adler is doing , but bigger platform and better musicians. Until he delivers an album , imo he has nothing on VR.  HE has the GnR name going for him, you tour that band under a different name, they would be doing what VR are or less. Probably less
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:39:29 AM by darkdays_01 » Logged
elmir
VIP

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2007, 11:14:58 AM »

you tour that band under a different name, they would be doing what VR are or less. Probably less

never less....probably more....don't forget that Axl Rose sounds like no one else out there.....and his song writing is completely different from anyone else out there....

if he performed under a different name....he would do better than VR....not a load better.....but definitelly better....

at least he can do WTTJ and PC and SCOM in his set....which VR can't...(well, they can, but i shudder to think what that would sound like)...so that alone will pack arenas....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »

at least he can do WTTJ and PC and SCOM in his set....so that alone will pack arenas....

Not in the US...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
elmir
VIP

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 11:42:39 AM »

Not in the US...

not without the album....no....but it will elsewhere...South America....Asia....Africa.....for a while....then they will start asking questions about the album too....by that point US would have forgotten all about it....so he can start there again..... hihi

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2007, 01:48:30 PM »

Not in the US...

not without the album....no....but it will elsewhere...South America....Asia....Africa.....for a while....then they will start asking questions about the album too....by that point US would have forgotten all about it....so he can start there again..... hihi

I've been thinking about the 2006 GNR tour recently. In retrospect, a lot of fans did get to see the band live, but in regards to promoting the album it was pointless. When the albums released they'll have to tour all those areas again to promote the album.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »

rofl

Suddenly 7000 isn't too bad......

Funny how different it sounded in 2006. "They're not selling out arenas".

They refers to another band who did sell out multiple dates on their last North American tour.

/jarmo

Bitch and whine at us and look who is the first to bring up another band , it just comes to show the maturity here...

Yeah nice example of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it...

oh please... how easily you guys forget this is a GN'R board, not a VR board, so naturally not everyone is going to get all ga ga over VR.? ?however you'd think everyone here is a fan of GN'R.? Not the case.

but in Velvet Revolver is Duff and Slash (emblem of Guns n' Roses), so you should have respect for them, or you are only a stupid boy who knew GNR six years ago and think that the current line up is on Guns n' Roses discography?....

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »

but in Velvet Revolver is Duff and Slash (emblem of Guns n' Roses), so you should have respect for them, or you are only a stupid boy who knew GNR six years ago and think that the current line up is on Guns n' Roses discography?....

I don't think anybody has disrespected their part in the GN'R legacy. That would be stupid.

But it doesn't mean a GN'R fan has to support Adler's Appetite, Velvet Revolver, Gilby Clarke or Izzy Stradlin just because they all were part of GN'R.

I never got into Gilby's music for example. No matter how hard I tried. Something about his albums.... I always liked Izzy's albums though.

I prefer the Stones to the Beatles. Maybe that explains it.

Does that make me less of a GN'R fan?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »

I prefer VR's version of Patience to the version by the new line-up (post 1996) version of GN'R.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »

I prefer VR's version of Patience to the version by the new line-up (post 1996) version of GN'R.

It makes you a VR fan on a GN'R site?

/jarmo

Meanbone1980
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 03:07:28 PM »

Yes this is a gnr board, but we are in the VR-section. So what is the problem Jarmo. I'm a big fan of both bands. If you don't like VR, why are still replying on this section? I prefer the VR version two. Just because the solo slash plays is closest to the original version.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »

Nope, that's what you people intepret it as an that's why there are so many stupid posts on this site. It makes me a VR fan, but it doesn't perclude me from being a GN'R fan. Being a VR fan does not make you a GN'R hater. I know it's an incredibly hard concept to understand that you can like both bands, but the sooner some of you wrap your heads around it, the sooner we can have some meaningfull posts on this site (especially this section) again.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2007, 03:13:29 PM »

Fair enough. You're not interested in the topic.

Got it. ok

I mentioned GN'R because of the double standards.

All of you are so annoyed because as I said, that mention makes VR's ticket sales look bad.

Not very popular among people like you....

None of you are posting about this when GN'R is mentioned by one of your own and it's used to make VR look good. Very amusing.

/jarmo

"people like you".....are you serious?
and yes, it is popular among "people like me", because the entertainment value at the VR section these days are tremendous.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »

Time out here. ?I love the "New Gn'R" moreso than the original (mainly because you can approach guys like Ron and Richard), but you can't knock VR's attendance by using GN'Rs now. ?At every show I've been at people have had no idea that Slash isn't in the band anymore. ?Hell, in the May 15th Hammerstein show (which as Axl said was the die hard GN'R fans) you can hear some guy yell out "Where's Slash" on the audio. ?Outside of the message boards, people in attendance are expecting the old band. ?I wish that weren't true, but it is. ?I just hope that after people leave a GN'R show they have a new love and respect for the current band and the new material.

I'm going to see VR today at the Gorge in Washington and expect it to be pretty damn full. ?My previous VR concerts have been packed, so I don't see why this would be any different. ?I never got why people can't like VR and GN'R at the same time. ?I admit Libertad didn't live up to my expectations, but I might say the same thing when I hear Chinese Democracy finally (although I love everything thus far). ?VR put out a good album that in my opinion is better than any of the other stuff out there. ?The reality is that rock n' roll isn't as big as it was 17 years ago. ?Shit like Rap and pop are the flavor of the day, so you can't expect the Illusion era attendance and attention.

I hope both bands are successful and wish them both the best. ?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2007, 03:24:50 PM »

rofl

Suddenly 7000 isn't too bad......

Funny how different it sounded in 2006. "They're not selling out arenas".

They refers to another band who did sell out multiple dates on their last North American tour.

/jarmo

Yeah nice example of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it...

oh please... how easily you guys forget this is a GN'R board, not a VR board, so naturally not everyone is going to get all ga ga over VR.   however you'd think everyone here is a fan of GN'R.  Not the case.

Slash and Duff are no longer in Guns N Roses.  So maybe you should have some respect for the guys who are in the band now.  or are you only a stupid boy who comes to a GNR site to troll for people that haven't been in the band for 10 fucking years?

btw, i have never disrespected the legacy they left in the band.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:27:48 PM by Jimmy "Zig Zag" Bobiadis » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: