Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 12:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How's VR attendance
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's VR attendance  (Read 60771 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2007, 12:09:43 PM »

can i ask what your point is buy proclaiming that VR aren't selling out arenas, the only person that seems to be making a song and dance about it is u! you haven't heard the band complain?

Is English your first language?

I didn't even start the thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2007, 06:32:11 AM »

but u bombard VR threads with negativity, are we allowed to do that in the main GNR board?

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2007, 06:49:34 AM »

arent you the guy that liked VR untill you were told not to?
Just like Snakepit, the music isn't good enough to stand the test of time.....

But what do you know about good music.
/jarmo

Jarmo... one clear thing you're forgetting.  And it's a massive thing.  And I think as a once respected forum moderator, you should remember this ...

Music is subjective.

So when you say Snakepit etc doesn't stand the test of time.... It's 5 o'Clock Somewhere was released in 1995, and I had it on last night.  Because I love it.  I thjink it's one of the coolest albums I own.

Subjective.  Very important word man...

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2007, 11:30:12 AM »

but u bombard VR threads with negativity, are we allowed to do that in the main GNR board?

Is this a VR fan site aimed at VR fans?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »

Then get rid of the VR forum already.  Holy crap...reading the discussions back in forth is laughable. 

You do not like VR jarmo...and that is quite well known.  Why do you keep the forum up then?  To allow GnR fans a place to talk about another band they like?  Or for you to rant and name call and bump your chest when you post about how much VR sucks, are liars, phonies, puppy killers, etc?  Or is it to bait posters into getting into arguments with you?  I think it is the latter...but it is your board, so you can do what you please.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2007, 01:19:16 PM »

Then get rid of the VR forum already.  Holy crap...reading the discussions back in forth is laughable. 

You do not like VR jarmo...and that is quite well known.  Why do you keep the forum up then?  To allow GnR fans a place to talk about another band they like?  Or for you to rant and name call and bump your chest when you post about how much VR sucks, are liars, phonies, puppy killers, etc?  Or is it to bait posters into getting into arguments with you?  I think it is the latter...but it is your board, so you can do what you please.

I don't take part in the majority of threads posted on this board. I don't like wrestling.... Maybe I should just get rid off them too?

Why don't you stop whining about it already?

I keep repeating this for some of you time after time after time.

I don't know what the problem is with certain VR fans and the need for me to repeat it.

This section isn't a VR shrine for me. It's for those GUNS N' ROSES fans who support GN'R in 2007 but are curious about what the former members are doing today. Same reason why we have a Ex-Gunners section in the first fucking place.

Just because certain former members talk more shit than others, doesn't mean I should remove the VR section.

You don't like the fact that I post what I think.

I don't go to VR or Slash sites to post my opinion because I know those sites are aimed at a different crowd.

So shut the fuck up already. This section isn't here for me, but it doesn't mean I can't say what's on my mind when I see something I don't agree with.

Some of you VR fans seem to have bumped your heads badly this week:

#1: Why can't you change the rules? Freedom of speech!
#2: Why do you have the VR section, because you personally don't like the band?

I've answered those questions more than once.

You just refuse to listen and since you refuse to listen, you keep repeating the same shit over and over.

Must be great. Ignoring the simple truth and answers just so you can feel you're right.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

Then get rid of the VR forum already.? Holy crap...reading the discussions back in forth is laughable.?

You do not like VR jarmo...and that is quite well known.? Why do you keep the forum up then?? To allow GnR fans a place to talk about another band they like?? Or for you to rant and name call and bump your chest when you post about how much VR sucks, are liars, phonies, puppy killers, etc?? Or is it to bait posters into getting into arguments with you?? I think it is the latter...but it is your board, so you can do what you please.

This section isn't a VR shrine for me. It's for those GUNS N' ROSES fans who support GN'R in 2007 but are curious about what the former members are doing today. Same reason why we have a Ex-Gunners section in the first fucking place.

You just refuse to listen and since you refuse to listen, you keep repeating the same shit over and over.

/jarmo

This is the main problem Jarmo. This board is for Guns fans who are just curious about VR? You?re immediately rejecting the fans of this band. You don?t like VR fans even if in the first place, they are Guns N? Roses fans. I can?t get it really cos I mean... how does it affect you if many of the guys posting here actually like VR? It?s almost as you?re discriminating them as saying that this is aimed to people who are just curious about the band. Why can?t you accept that we can be fans of both bands? I mean... we feel as we?re doing something really bad lol... like it?s a great sin or whatever. Another thing you point at us is that we go to the Guns board and spread negativity through there... I won?t deny... some do. But not the majority! I?ve never done that. I respect the guys who post there even if in some ways I disagree with them. That doesn?t happen in this board... at all. You know... this is kinda sad cos we?re making a "war" here... when our reason to be here is the same among us all: we?re all Guns N? Roses fans. But feuds start happening when we decided that Guns fans are different from each other... some are more fans than others... some are less... and that?s crap... I don?t think it should be that way... at all.

Oh and btw your last sentence in your quote... it should be aimed at you too.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2007, 04:21:37 PM »

I am a Guns n Roses fan.   That is why I joined this site in the first place.   I do not belong to any VR or Slash forum.  I enjoy coming here and getting new info on GnR, talking about GnR and related bands and artists...which includes VR. 

You must love the word "fuck" as you use it every chance you can.

You are just a bully.  Your site would be nothing today if it wasn't for the fans of GnR past and present.  If you banned or limited the site to those that ONLY are interested in the 2007 version of the band...it would be quite a lonely message board. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2007, 04:55:29 PM »

This is the main problem Jarmo. This board is for Guns fans who are just curious about VR? You?re immediately rejecting the fans of this band.

So?

Why is that such an issue?

We love GN'R. That's why we're here.

If you love VR and loved GN'R in 1992, it doesn't really matter. You're on the wrong site then.

I really don't need to welcome people who's only interest in GN'R is to remind us how great everything was when certain people were still in the band.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Please explain. I'm really trying to understand why you can't just realize that we are not a site aimed at every individual in this solar system who have loved GN'R at some point in time between now and 1985.

This section is for those GUNS N' ROSES fans who are curious about what the ex-members are doing and want to keep up with that. It's not for those VR fans who think they have a right to bash GN'R because of "freedom of speech".

Why is it that people in this section are always lecturing me about what kind of site I should run?

I appreciate feedback and suggestions, but this campaign you guys are having is beyond ridiculous.

Why can?t you accept that we can be fans of both bands?

Where do you get this shit?

#1: You MUST be a GUNS N' ROSES fan. Meaning, 2007 style.
#2: I don't care if you're a Fall Out Boy fan in addition to that.

Oh and btw your last sentence in your quote... it should be aimed at you too.

Listen here Ines, just because you and your VR fan buddies here don't like how this site is run doesn't mean I have to change it.

Do you get that or do I have to keep repeating it for you?

If I didn't listen, I wouldn't be replying to the same shit day after day after day because you keep crying about it now would I?

You are just a bully. 

Says the guy who's attacking me with a hand full of others because I refuse to do what you think I should do.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 04:57:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2007, 05:26:23 PM »

well it seems Im totally out on a limb!!!  I have seen GNR, VR and MCR over the last two years, have bought music that I love from two of them, hopefully will get some music off one of them soon!!! BUT I love them all!!!!  IT IS ALLOWED  xxxx
GeraldFord
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2007, 05:35:17 PM »

I don't feel like reading 13 pages of bullshit to find an answer, but does anyone know how VR's tickets are selling in 2007, compared to 2004?
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »

No probably not!!!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »

I really don't need to welcome people who's only interest in GN'R is to remind us how great everything was when certain people were still in the band.

This section is for those GUNS N' ROSES fans who are curious about what the ex-members are doing and want to keep up with that. It's not for those VR fans who think they have a right to bash GN'R because of "freedom of speech".

/jarmo

When have I done that? Oh wait... maybe I do it by posting on this board? Whenever I say I?m really looking forward to the Slash?s book or to VR to come to Lisbon? Is that reminding you how great everything was when certain people were still in the band? I don?t think so but maybe that?s it. If that?s the case I?m trully sorry then. I should have been more careful. I should have joined the others and say "oh... VR sucks, Slash is a fucking liar, oh there is he again talking about Guns..." so that I?d feel more accepted. And maybe adding that I love Chris Pittman. Well I won?t do that. I don?t feel that is right. However, I?ve never done one thing since I joined: criticize the current band. Have you ever saw me doing that? I respect the guys god damnit. Would they come here again like 3 times a year I?d go to all those gigs. I think they are a cohesive band these days and deliver really good performances. But that doesn?t matter does it?

Even if there are VR fans who go bitch to the Guns board (which I think is fucking lame... ), which there are, there are exceptions! And those who are exceptions don?t have to feel apart... like they don?t belong here. I feel I do belong here just like some really good members who come here to offend Slash. Maybe I?m seeing things wrong. It?s my fault if that?s so... and for that I?m sorry.

Do you get that or do I have to keep repeating it for you?

If I didn't listen, I wouldn't be replying to the same shit day after day after day because you keep crying about it now would I?

/jarmo

Well for me this is getting fucking boring also. Not only for you. Everyday same discussions happen here. Yet we don?t stop. Maybe it?s my fault and my "VR buddies" cos we should stop posting here everyday when there are much better VR forums for that purpose (and for that I am to blame too cos I had promised not to post in this board ever again... ) but you are to blame as well, posting every single day in a board dedicated to a band you don?t even like.
We all are to blame. And by keeping this 12/13 pages of "bull fight" per thread? we ain?t getting anywhere for sure. And that is bad either for you and for me and my "VR buddies".

I really wish you could take what I said above in consideration instead of keeping on labeling of whatever kind of things. This is end of discussion for me.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 07:24:46 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2007, 01:41:11 AM »

When have I done that?

Why do you take everything I say personally?

Are you "people"?

I thought you were "a person".

If you think Slash is the most honest person to have graced the face of earth, or that Scott is the saviour of rock n' roll, that's your business.

Don't expect all GN'R fans to share those opinions.

/jarmo

Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2007, 08:13:27 AM »

should we agree to disagree? Grin

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #255 on: October 08, 2007, 08:39:58 AM »

How about all the VR fans admitt that the tour is a faliure ?

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: October 08, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »

I don't know if the tour is a failure or not, but I saw them in Tampa Saturday night at the Ford Ampitheater and that place was fucking packed. It has 9,500 reserved seats, then the pit, then the lawn.  I know the seats were full and the pit, where I watched, was jam packed (probably easily put a couple hundred people in there). I didn't check out the lawn area, but it looked full.

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2007, 05:23:16 PM »

I don't understand how selling six THOUSAND tickets at a show is a failure?!

How much per ticket ?  $30 ?  ... That's 6000 x 30 = $180,000

Sorry but 180,000 dollars is a fucking LOT of cash, and if they take those figures and average them to the whole tour, over however many dates, this tour will be generating MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars... couple that with all the international ticket sales, the sales of Libertad, and festival shows etc... plus any promo deals, and licencing with whatever ...

Take off the wages and costs and I guarantee you, you're still talking about a few million dollars in profit.

I mean ... why is everyone here so quick to slag this kind of ticket sales off?

If Guns N' Roses sold only this many tickets, it would technically be a massive failure sure, because of the massive amount riding on the shoulders of that band name ... but VR selling that many tickets?  Do you know how many bands would die to sell half that per show?

Grow the fuck up everyone.  Just fucking grow up.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #258 on: October 08, 2007, 05:24:29 PM »

maybe you should find yourself a Velvet Revolver forum.
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2007, 05:25:31 PM »

maybe you should find yourself a Velvet Revolver forum.

Sorry ... what?  What has that got to do with anything?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: