Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Osama bin Laden plans on new video on 9/11
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden plans on new video on 9/11  (Read 13754 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« on: September 06, 2007, 11:55:02 PM »

hey people looks like this? s o b is at it again. I did a quick serch and didn't find anything so i thought i'd post it before i went to bed.

"CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Osama bin Laden will release a new video in the coming days ahead of the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks in what would be the first new images of the terror mastermind in nearly three years, al-Qaida's media arm announced Thursday.

The White House said any new video from bin Laden would serve to highlight threats the West faces. Analysts noted that al-Qaida tends to mark the Sept. 11 anniversary with a slew of messages, and the Department of Homeland Security said it had no credible information warning of an imminent threat to the United States.

Still, bin Laden's appearance would be significant. The al-Qaida leader has not appeared in new video footage since October 2004, and he has not put out a new audiotape in more than a year, his longest period without a message.

One difference in his appearance was immediately obvious. The announcement had a still photo from the coming video, showing bin Laden addressing the camera, his beard fully black. In his past videos, bin Laden's beard was almost entirely gray with dark streaks.

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/bigpic.jsp?photoid=20070906NY173

Bin Laden's beard appears to have been dyed, a popular practice among Arab leaders, said Rita Katz, director of the SITE Institute, a Washington-based group that monitors terror messages.

``I think it works for their (al-Qaida's) benefit that he looks young, he looks healthy,'' Katz said.

The announcement and photo appeared in a banner advertisement on an Islamic militant Web site where al-Qaida's media arm, Al-Sahab, frequently posts messages.

``Soon, God willing, a videotape from the lion sheik Osama bin Laden, God preserve him,'' the advertisement read, signed by Al-Sahab. Such announcements are usually put out one to three days before the video is posted on the Web.

IntelCenter, which monitors Islamic Web sites and analyzes terror threats, said the video was expected within the next 72 hours, before the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 suicide hijacker attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

The anniversary has always been a major media event for al-Qaida - a chance for it to drum up support among extremists, tout itself as the leading militant group and show off its continued survival.

``They've always gone out of their way to commemorate it,'' said Ben Venzke, chief executive officer of IntelCenter, which is based in Alexandria, Va. ``Historically the anniversary of 9-11 has never been drawn to attacks. It's drawn to video releases.''

But the fact that bin Laden is delivering the message is significant, he said. Whether the message will indicate a potential attack will depend on what bin Laden says.

The White House said that any new video message from bin Laden would only underscore the threat the United States and other nations face from extremists.

``Six years after 9/11, the arrests in Germany and Denmark this week and the battles we fight against al-Qaida in Iraq, Afghanistan, southeast Asia and around the world remind us of the continuing threat we face from extremists and why we must continue to take the fight to them wherever they are,'' said Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the National Security Council at the White House.

Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said he could not confirm the existence of a tape, ``and there is no credible information at this time warning of an imminent threat to the homeland.'' But he said increased activity overseas and recent arrests of militants in Germany reinforce the department's assessment that the country is currently in a period of increased risk.

If bin Laden does appear in new footage, it would be the first images of him since an Oct. 29, 2004 videotape, just before the U.S. presidential elections. In that appearance three years ago, he said America could avoid another 9-11 style attack if it stopped threatening Muslims.

The new video would also end the longest period bin Laden has gone without releasing a message. His last audiotape was on July 1, 2006, in which he welcomed new leader of al-Qaida in Iraq succeeding the slain Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Bin Laden went silent for a similar long stretch before - from Dec. 28, 2004 to Jan. 19, 2006. That absence sparked widespread speculation he was ill, wounded or possibly dead.

There has been little such speculation since then. U.S. officials have repeatedly said over the past year they believe the al-Qaida leader is alive. He is thought to be hiding in the tribal regions of western Pakistan near the border with Afghanistan.

During bin Laden's silence, his deputy Egyptian-born Ayman al-Zawahri has been frequently issuing videos and audiotapes.

Al-Zawahri appeared in a 2006 video marking the 9-11 anniversary. An anniversary video in 2003 showed footage of bin Laden and al-Zawahri walking through mountain paths, with voice-over messages from both leaders.

Associated Press writers Eileen Sullivan in Washington and Sarah DiLorenzo in New York contributed to this report.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

i thought he was dead........guess not. Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:59:53 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

Obviously we should invade Kyrgyzstan.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:03:30 AM »

Its a disgrace and an embarrassment that this prick is still making videos 6 years after 9-11.

shitty article to read as I saw the twin tower lights tonight  Undecided

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 12:08:44 AM »

Heard it all before.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:49:24 AM »

Heard it all before.

i bet the tape is really Cheney in make up with Bush doing a voice over.  Got any loose change buddy?  ok    hihi

i kid, i kid

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 07:09:19 AM »

Too bad he's been wearing the same clothes for the last 2 years  hihi
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 08:07:45 AM »

It will blow somewhere on 9/11..

They got caught in Denmark and Germany.

But where did they not get?
I think France or GB might get a poff poff.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 10:16:18 AM »

It will blow somewhere on 9/11..

They got caught in Denmark and Germany.

But where did they not get?
I think France or GB might get a poff poff.

i hope nothing happens at ANYTIME - but i would think 9-11 is to obvious for an attack.  I would imagine security will always be heightened on 9-11.  this german attack would have been a week away?  thats close enough and then 9-11 would come and we'd just be reminded.

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »

I think the US should try to find out where he bought the "Just for Men" hair coloring that he put into his beard to make him look younger. Trace the steps all the way back to the person buying the product and bam, you have your man. Seriously, who colored the beard? Him? I think it is crazy that the most feared terrorist killer with no regard for life, colors his beard to look young and healthy. WTF? He doesn't have other worries, like someone might find him anyday? Or do you think he is pretty cocky now, thinking that if the US hasn't found him by now, they never will?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »

Obviously we should invade Kyrgyzstan.

Why not, the invasion of fuckedupistan is almost complete.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »

they cant attack england again, they only attacked us 2 years back, and im going to london next month for a week.....so im shitting it officially now  nervous

html sucks
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 06:26:57 PM »

There were two Islamic students arrested outside of Tampa last week.  They had bombs with them and were around a naval base.  I'm not suprised that it wasn't reported around here since who some Republican fucks is more important than national security.  Something is being planned and I wish people would focus on important things rather than who's blowing who.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 07:13:54 PM »

There were two Islamic students arrested outside of Tampa last week.  They had bombs with them and were around a naval base.  I'm not suprised that it wasn't reported around here since who some Republican fucks is more important than national security.  Something is being planned and I wish people would focus on important things rather than who's blowing who.

Who is blowing who is what the NeoCons like to focus on. Many here listed it as an "important issue" during the last election (ie, gay marriage, gay rights.) The only reason it became such a sensation is because they are complete fucking hypocrites, and nothing else. Anybody with half a brain could see what the point was.

More irony is that you constantly spout off about "fighting them there, so we don't have to fight them here," then turn around and say something is "being planned". Guess they didn't get the memo huh?

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 09:31:06 PM »

USM didn't give any threats in his message.  From what I read, it sounded like he was recruiting Americans to join him or just rambling.  He may get a few wack-jobs Americans to join him (like under 10), because once you've tasted freedom like we have here in the US, you don't run off to some god forsaken shithole to train to fight against freedom with AK-47s and no body armor.  This guys has to be the least scariest bad guy in history. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 11:18:01 PM »

Its a disgrace and an embarrassment that this prick is still making videos 6 years after 9-11.

The OBL show, brought to you by the NeoCons.

It appears that in the latest installment he urges Americans to convert to Islam in order to end the war in Iraq. Wonder if Bush is considering it?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 11:35:22 PM »

As-Salamu Alaykum Rummy!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 11:39:21 PM by Bill213.14 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 04:26:39 AM »

once you've tasted freedom like we have here in the US,

people GOTTA stop with our so called freedom. we ain't free pal. we're afraid.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »

In the grand scheme of things, he is about as relevant as the Queen of England ... just a figure head.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »

The OBL show, brought to you by the NeoCons.

It appears that in the latest installment he urges Americans to convert to Islam in order to end the war in Iraq. Wonder if Bush is considering it?

By this comment you are saying that if the Democrats had been in power during 9/11, we'd have caught UBL by now?  I'm thinking you are being sarcastic because I've never heard that opinion from anyone, even the hardcore democrats I know don't think having a democrat for president would lead to the capture of UBL.  If anything, conventional thinking would say that the Democrats would have been less aggressive than Bush in hunting him down.  Certainly Clinton wasn't very agressive when he turned down UBL when he was offered up by the Sudan.  That's not to excuse Bush for his mistakes, or accuse Democrats of being inadequate in anyway.  Bush should have captured UBL by now, but I'm guessing navigating the political winds in Pakistan is harder than we all know.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 12:37:17 PM »

once you've tasted freedom like we have here in the US,

people GOTTA stop with our so called freedom. we ain't free pal. we're afraid.

I feel bad for you man. I'm not even the least bit afraid.  You have obviously never visited an oppressed country or else you would never utter such nonesense as this.  We live in a very very very free society where we can even openly question our leaders.  What do you think happens in oppressed countries when you opening question the leadership?

I don't want to insult you on line because that's just a lame thing to do.  But you really need to think for yourself before you type.  I might meet 200 people a week where Ilive and not one of them is afraid of UBL or radical Islam.  See, freedom will do tthat for you.   Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: