Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl mentioned in NY Post (winning essay about Axl as a style icon)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl mentioned in NY Post (winning essay about Axl as a style icon)  (Read 7206 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 04, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »

GUNS 'N POSES
ANSWERING THE QUESTION: WHO TOPS STYLE CHARTS?

September 4, 2007 -- WHO was the most stylish rock star of all time? You might not think biker shorts and scarves are haute couture, but Monni McCleary (inset right), a Manhattan lingerie designer, makes a compelling argument that Axl Rose is a style icon. As winner of last month's essay contest, she wins two tickets to the Fashion Rocks concert, which brings Maroon 5, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson and others to Radio City Music Hall on Thursday night (and will air Friday at 9 p.m. on CBS). McCleary will be driven to the show in the latest Chevrolet, and will receive a free style makeover from Fashion Rocks presenter Cond? Nast Media Group and BCBG, Revlon and Nexxus. Pick up Friday's Post to see McCleary's new look and other celebrities on the red carpet. Meanwhile, here's McCleary's top entry and some honorable mentions:

AXL ROSE

It was May 15, 2006, sometime past midnight, and I was at the Hammerstein Ballroom. The lights just went out, and we were all screaming with excitement and anticipation. The teaser guitar riff begins, and I hang on to it as if it was a life force. Then a bright light shines, and he screams on the top of his lungs, "YOU KNOW WHERE THE F--- YOU ARE?!?!?!?" Yes, I'm talking about Axl Rose, the biggest Rock God and style icon on this planet!

The true originator of '80s rock 'n' roll, bad-boy style of the headband, aviators, ripped-up jeans, leggings, kilts, biker shorts, leather jackets, and don't forget his biggest fashion accessory ... his badass attitude! As I was doing the Axl snake dance and singing along to every song, I noticed how his look has evolved, but stayed true to his original music and style. He's definitely not a sellout. Axl also reminded me how hard true rock 'n' roll style still rocks!

- Monni McCleary, Manhattan

Full story: http://www.nypost.com/seven/09042007/entertainment/music/guns_n_poses.htm

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
suicide
VIP

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 01:04:18 PM »

That was the full story  hihi

Thanks for posting!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:05:17 PM »

That was pretty damn cool!  Good people still think of him!  ok
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »

I don't mean to blow anybody's cover, but damn, is that winner a member of HTGTH?  I think they are!   beer
 Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 02:48:02 PM »

I don't mean to blow anybody's cover, but damn, is that winner a member of HTGTH?  I think they are!   beer
 Cool
a Manhattan lingerie designer?

I agree that he's got an outstanding sense of style.  yes
stone_temple_roses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 03:48:44 PM »

GUNS 'N POSES
ANSWERING THE QUESTION: WHO TOPS STYLE CHARTS?

September 4, 2007 -- WHO was the most stylish rock star of all time? You might not think biker shorts and scarves are haute couture, but Monni McCleary (inset right), a Manhattan lingerie designer, makes a compelling argument that Axl Rose is a style icon. As winner of last month's essay contest, she wins two tickets to the Fashion Rocks concert, which brings Maroon 5, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson and others to Radio City Music Hall on Thursday night (and will air Friday at 9 p.m. on CBS). McCleary will be driven to the show in the latest Chevrolet, and will receive a free style makeover from Fashion Rocks presenter Cond? Nast Media Group and BCBG, Revlon and Nexxus. Pick up Friday's Post to see McCleary's new look and other celebrities on the red carpet. Meanwhile, here's McCleary's top entry and some honorable mentions:

AXL ROSE

It was May 15, 2006, sometime past midnight, and I was at the Hammerstein Ballroom. The lights just went out, and we were all screaming with excitement and anticipation. The teaser guitar riff begins, and I hang on to it as if it was a life force. Then a bright light shines, and he screams on the top of his lungs, "YOU KNOW WHERE THE F--- YOU ARE?!?!?!?" Yes, I'm talking about Axl Rose, the biggest Rock God and style icon on this planet!

The true originator of '80s rock 'n' roll, bad-boy style of the headband, aviators, ripped-up jeans, leggings, kilts, biker shorts, leather jackets, and don't forget his biggest fashion accessory ... his badass attitude! As I was doing the Axl snake dance and singing along to every song, I noticed how his look has evolved, but stayed true to his original music and style. He's definitely not a sellout. Axl also reminded me how hard true rock 'n' roll style still rocks!

Full story: http://www.nypost.com/seven/09042007/entertainment/music/guns_n_poses.htm

nice to hear something positive about axl, rather than the usual criticism
yeah, axl is very stylish

~STR

/jarmo
stone_temple_roses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 03:50:18 PM »

oops, sorry! I think I accidently screwec up my post! i'm very sorry Jarmo, I'm not that good w/computers I sometimes make mistakes. Really sorry about that one

~STR
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 03:50:55 PM »

Very cool.

axi rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »

I'm not so sure if cornrows are really staying true to his original style.... but awsome none the less   ok

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 07:28:25 PM »

Yeah, he dresses pretty stylish now. It would be scary, though, if this winning essay was written in the early 1990s.

isa
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 07:39:18 PM »

GUNS 'N POSES

AXL ROSE

/jarmo

very true, he has everything  drool, but I miss the hair, his long red hair, anyway he looks better than ever
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 11:19:49 PM »

very nice sexkitten! I saw this while on the train goin to work, and was like damn way to go kitten when I saw your pic in the paper!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 11:36:32 PM »

very nice sexkitten! I saw this while on the train goin to work, and was like damn way to go kitten when I saw your pic in the paper!

thanks babe.  Wink
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 05:52:47 AM »

yay! way to go hon!  how's about we toast that with a couple more swigs from the bottle....!   beer  and  smoking

xx
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 08:58:03 AM »

I don't mean to blow anybody's cover, but damn, is that winner a member of HTGTH?? I think they are!? ?beer
 Cool

cant be a member of here, they made their point in less then a page  rofl

only kidding

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Annie
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 09:48:51 AM »

Great essay! I am glad that they won! Truer words have never been spoken!
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 03:54:46 PM »

Hey Peeps,

We must give credit where credit is due. A very obsessed member of this site has just won the Fashion Rocks essay contest sponsored by the NY Post for her submission of Axl Rose: A Fashion Icon. The post sponsored a contest in which you had to pick a person who is a style icon and tell why. To read the story and what was written follow this link:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09042007/entertainment/music/
guns_n_poses.htm

I hope it works, if not, it was from the Post on 9/4/07. She wrote a kick-ass entry! Congratulations are due to SexKitten and her love of everything GNR! If you are reading honey, I know you will meet the man one day! Have a fantastic time and smack some asses of Maroon 5 - tell them to get a clue. Then maybe you could show them how a GNR fan parties! Rock out RCMH! Better be wearing that gnr ticket belt you made too! Congratulations!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 05:00:02 PM »

Sex Kitten, congrats!  Have a fantastic time, and THANK YOU for carrying the flag into battle and coming out on top!

(Good call, Axl4Prez2004!)  beer
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 06:05:14 PM »

Hell yes she is! And she's proud to be a member of the best damn board dedicated to her favorite obsession. Nice to know there are some pretty hot babes representing the house!

I don't mean to blow anybody's cover, but damn, is that winner a member of HTGTH? I think they are! beer
 Cool

Puking doesn't make me horny.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 06:48:50 PM »

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I really appreciate all your enthusiasm.? ok

You know I'm always representin' and always rockin' the free world!? peace

I can give you guys the scoop on Friday (event is tomorrow)...if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:26:23 PM by sexkitten » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: