Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Songs that you would like to hear Axl sing
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs that you would like to hear Axl sing  (Read 116195 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »

I was just surfin' the net the other night looking for information on this band...trust me it's not easy...
  hihi hihi You sound like me looking for good Elastica websites. Its not easy. Its just a bunch of dead forums and sites not updated in years. hihi Pretty sad. Thanks for the info about the Radicals. I'll go check it out. Now I have an album besides CD to look forward to this year. You should definitely start a New Radicals thread, although it might just be the two of us posting in it. hihi

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »

I was just surfin' the net the other night looking for information on this band...trust me it's not easy...
? hihi hihi You sound like me looking for good Elastica websites. Its not easy. Its just a bunch of dead forums and sites not updated in years. hihi Pretty sad. Thanks for the info about the Radicals. I'll go check it out. Now I have an album besides CD to look forward to this year. You should definitely start a New Radicals thread, although it might just be the two of us posting in it. hihi

Yep, we live in a parallel world.

All the sites I found were mostly "Did you know they broke up 7 years ago?" or old message boards that havn't had a user in like 3 years. Weird thing is though, since they broke up so Gregg Alexander could persue producing, almost every year he uploads an anonymous and untitled track of his onto P2P networks. The guy has a total "Axl Rose-ish" following as his fans are so desperate for new material they eat up these anonymous tracks when they recognize his voice afer the first listen. I only found maybe one active board, and all the threads are pretty much speculative on a new album, or even more so than we are on Chinese Democracy hihi

It's funny how old, almost forgotten bands like that get no attention on the forums, while Gn'R who hasn't released an album in like 15 years has a huge following on the net.. hihi

The other thing too is that even after the first listen of that album, I knew that a follow up would be just as, or even more superb! I just got from a vibe from Gregg  that he has no shortage of great material already written to turn to in the future when he decides he's ready..

BTW, betcha didn't know Gregg wrote and produced the Santana & Michelle Branch song, "Game of Love" from '05 Tongue

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2006, 03:09:59 PM »

? hihi hihi You sound like me looking for good Elastica websites. Its not easy. Its just a bunch of dead forums and sites not updated in years. hihi Pretty sad. Thanks for the info about the Radicals. I'll go check it out. Now I have an album besides CD to look forward to this year. You should definitely start a New Radicals thread, although it might just be the two of us posting in it. hihi

Yep, we live in a parallel world.

All the sites I found were mostly "Did you know they broke up 7 years ago?" or old message boards that havn't had a user in like 3 years. Weird thing is though, since they broke up so Gregg Alexander could persue producing, almost every year he uploads an anonymous and untitled track of his onto P2P networks. The guy has a total "Axl Rose-ish" following as his fans are so desperate for new material they eat up these anonymous tracks when they recognize his voice afer the first listen. I only found maybe one active board, and all the threads are pretty much speculative on a new album, or even more so than we are on Chinese Democracy hihi

It's funny how old, almost forgotten bands like that get no attention on the forums, while Gn'R who hasn't released an album in like 15 years has a huge following on the net.. hihi

The other thing too is that even after the first listen of that album, I knew that a follow up would be just as, or even more superb! I just got from a vibe from Gregg? that he has no shortage of great material already written to turn to in the future when he decides he's ready..

BTW, betcha didn't know Gregg wrote and produced the Santana & Michelle Branch song, "Game of Love" from '05 Tongue
No, I didnt know he was involved with 'The Game of Love'. I love that song. Yes, I think he has amazing potential, and it looked like he was gonna pull an Axl and waste his prime. I'm glad he's coming back. If you have any of those unreleased songs, send them to me in PM. I'd appreciate it. beer

Back on topic, I just listened to 'Sweet Thing' by Mick Jagger, and I think Axl doing this would even kick more ass than Jagger did. Its a pretty obscure Jagger solo tune, but kicks major ass.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

Supertramp - Long Way Home.
The piano, the Harmonica...it's a kick ass song! There's a  very "Use Your Illusion 2" vibe.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2006, 03:25:24 PM »

Initially I would have agreed with you about him wasting his prime like Axl, but he's been running his own production company since he disbanded NRs, and ironically not even a week after he quit the band, artists were already lining up around the corner to work with him..so Id have to say he's released more music as a producer in the past 8 years than Axl has since TSI?:

He stated that he "accomplished all of his goals with this record" and that "the fatigue of traveling & getting three hours sleep in a different hotel every night to do boring 'hanging and schmoozing' with radio and retail people, is definitely not for him," that he "lost interest in fronting a 'One Hit Wonder' to the point that he was wearing a hat while performing so that people wouldn't see his lack of enthusiasm." and that he would go on to form a production company to focus on producing and writing songs freelance for other artists

Sounds both understandble and admirable as a true musician usually is... Wink

Right now, I only have one unreleased track called "A Love Like That", because the others are excrusiatingly hard to find on Limewire almost always. Id be happy to send it to you, but how do I PM a song? ?Embarrassed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Megaguns
« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2006, 06:53:58 AM »

This Time Imperfect,,,by  AFI. He could do it justice
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2006, 07:48:42 AM »

Tears of the Dragon...
Oh, wait Shocked

It's to good for him to sing..
Gordi
« Reply #327 on: February 24, 2006, 10:29:46 AM »

Dude the New Radicals were the only new band I really liked in 1999, I'd love to see them reform, or to hear Axl sing "Someday We'll Know" - best song ever -
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #328 on: February 24, 2006, 11:26:31 AM »

I would love to hear AXl's voice on the following Velver Revolver songs:
1. Suckettrain Blues.
2. Do It for the kids
3. Fall To Pieces
4. Set Me Free
5. You Have No Right
6. Slither.

Something about the music that seems to be compatible with Axl's voice of old. I don't know what exactly?!
 Grin
MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #329 on: February 24, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »

Temple of the Dog- "Hunger Strike"
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »

I would love to hear AXl's voice on the following Velver Revolver songs:
1. Suckettrain Blues.
2. Do It for the kids
3. Fall To Pieces
4. Set Me Free
5. You Have No Right
6. Slither.

Something about the music that seems to be compatible with Axl's voice of old. I don't know what exactly?!
 Grin
MNW

I don't think he'd sound quite as good as Scott on Fall to Pieces.. he has too much of a shreik in his voice to really have the smooth effect that the song demands.  Just my opinion.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #331 on: February 24, 2006, 01:27:18 PM »

Ministry-Stigmata
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2006, 01:43:17 PM »

FREE BIRD!!! no just kidding would be kinda cool thou.
thunder struck would be sweet or a song from skid row i remember you wasted time youth gone wild it would be even cooler if bach went up with him!

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #333 on: February 24, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »

Mr. Roboto ; that would be hilarious. I'd pay to see that show. Or maybe a VR song, that would be funny too.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2006, 02:30:39 PM »

Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #335 on: February 24, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »

Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin

Here you go: http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1TZME2LDCGN542PR2Z7VTRREEM

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #336 on: February 24, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »

i aint no nice guy - ozzy osbourne and lemmy and slash.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #337 on: February 24, 2006, 04:35:47 PM »

AAwwwwwwwwwwww he could include Axl's Blues on the set list of the European tour.
Bon Jovi can suck my d*ck? ?hihi
Then he could play the? Asshole song during the encore? rofl
Seriously
Ozzy Osbourne Crazy Train ( Bach recorded it and it's awesome. I wonder how it would sound with Axl singing)
Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned
Very cool post btw. Bit annoying though. Can't stop thinkin which songs would sound cool with Axl singing  drool
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 04:47:45 PM by NiGhTrAiN? » Logged
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2006, 04:38:11 PM »

thanks

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #339 on: February 24, 2006, 07:12:34 PM »

AAwwwwwwwwwwww he could include Axl's Blues on the set list of the European tour.
Bon Jovi can suck my d*ck? ?hihi
Then he could play the? Asshole song during the encore? rofl
Seriously
Ozzy Osbourne Crazy Train ( Bach recorded it and it's awesome. I wonder how it would sound with Axl singing)
Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned
Very cool post btw. Bit annoying though. Can't stop thinkin which songs would sound cool with Axl singing? drool

GNR should play WILD WORLD it's just cuz, we all know it's a' amazing song,  hihi  Mr. BIG could go n' eat at McDonnell in 1993-1995 all cuz of they played this track a that time too but GNR shall sell out every album around the planet for sure if they include it into the Chinese democracy album, you guys try to imagine Axl singin' this song!!!   beer
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: