Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Post your real rare (!) Axl pics here!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 220 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post your real rare (!) Axl pics here!  (Read 1423494 times)
AxlFuckinRoseIsBac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1440 on: September 14, 2006, 09:29:09 AM »

another pics??
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #1441 on: September 14, 2006, 10:51:06 AM »

Where's Axl?
axlslover
« Reply #1442 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:48 AM »

Its not rare, just stupid
Amberhoney
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1443 on: September 14, 2006, 11:48:22 AM »

Hmm I don't know. I kind of like the tongue.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1444 on: September 14, 2006, 11:49:15 AM »

Its not rare, just stupid

that picture is fucking classic...i always laugh when i see it rofl

Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1445 on: September 14, 2006, 11:49:57 AM »

The picture isn't Dylan, Del's kid or any ideas posted...its acutally Lonn Friend's daughter, Megan. Lonn is the ex editor of RIP magazine, also used to be on Headbangers Ball and KNAC.com and now has a new book out about his experiences being the editor of RIP.

He **was**? very close with the Gnr camp. Del James wrote for RIP and I think one of their senior writers/editors. Lonn had probably the most access to Axl than any other writer. Unfortuantely, Lonn was one of the "people from the past" Axl alienated. Lonn is still "cool" with Del, but hasn't seen Axl in years.

Anyway, the night the photo was taken, Lonn was having a birthday party I believe? (not 100% sure on that tho), and Axl showed up to help celebrate. From what Lonn has told me, Megan loves the picture (she's 16 now). She was only four months old when it was taken.

The pic is posted on Lonn's myspace page now. Thats where the person got it at.

If you want to read a pretty darn good book...check out his new one, Life On Planet Rock. Some good GnR stories, plus every band that was popular during the late 80s and early 1990s. Lonn formed a strong friendship with Metallica and Bon Jovi, as he did with Axl.

And yes, blah blah blah, this is true.? Lonn is my writing mentor and dear friend. Well plus, just go check out his page for proof its Megan. www.myspace.com/lonnsworld. He's a super great guy and has TONS of great stories! Including great Axl ones..like the time Axl and Sebastian Bach sang Amazing Grace in his kitchen out of the blue!

AylaRose

Axl held her at four months and to this day, no serious after effects.   rofl

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #1446 on: September 16, 2006, 02:37:01 AM »

He also said "History has erased Guns N' Roses" on the Metallica Behind the Music.  Grin

Funny you mentioned this....this was posted tonight on Lonn's blog....edited for length..see his website for the entire blog...

"There is a message on my voice mail from Doug Goldstein. "Lonn, listen, thanks for the blind side," he says with a tension laden snap. "We're finished. Fuck off." I'm floored by this. Doug and I had been so close through the GN'R years.

Doug was the tour/security guy. It's Doug you see pulling Axl out of the crowd and saving his life during the St. Louis riots when a biker wouldn't stop rolling videotape prompting the red head from Layfayette to take matters into his own hands. Doug went onto manage GN'R when the band parted ugly ways with Niven. The heart and soul of the GN'R family was Doug Goldstein. Now what could have turned those blue eyes red? One sentence. One utterance, edited and taken out of context.

It was the line where I (to paraphrase because I don't have a copy of the program to look at) said something like isn't it amazing how Guns N' Roses has been virtually erased from memory while Metallica has gone onto rule the world, whatever, you get the drift.

Axl saw the BTM and flipped out. He sent Doug on a Paul Revere raid of the industry to let anyone within earshot family or not know that they fucked up by tarnishing the ring on television. Axl was livid with Metallica, especially Jason, who laid into the frontman for not stepping up the night James caught fire and playing a kick ass set to compensate the fans for the freak accident. Instead, Axl got pissed and performed an abbreviated set that ignited the fragile pysches of a gang of testosterone fans with lighter fluid and Bics.

Doug and I did not speak for almost a year until during my six month tenure at Interscope in mid 99, Jimmy Iovine called me into his office to talk about one of his label's acts that he couldn't get a handle on. He knew I had history. For an hour, I sat with Jimmy and talked about Axl. He was genuinely curious, listened attentively and then launched into his own rap about the business.

At the end of the session, I told him about the VH1 rift and that if I could explain to Axl the context of my sentence-- that I was referring to how the 'media' had wiped away the memory of GN'R and fostered a perception that they were done  "Write him a letter. You're a writer." And so I did, speaking from the heart, from where I always speak from unless my own ego sticks its big swollen dick into the picture. A week passes and Doug is in the building for a meeting with Jimmy about Axl. My office was right next to the Chairman's.

Doug stuck his head in and said, "Hey man, listen, life's too short..." Before he could finish, I swirled from behind my desk, walked over and hugged him. "I'm sorry, man. I had no idea." Doug's really strong. When he hugs you like he really loves you, he can turn one of your ribs to dust.

"So, Axl read my letter? What was his reaction?" Doug took a breath and started to smile. "Well, he said, his comment was 'Lonn has a lot to say.'" And that was that.

Seven years have passed and I've kept an eye on Planet Rock's most misunderstood rock star from afar. I have not seen or talked to Axl Rose since 1994 when we ran into each other in Century City and he told me about having his house in Malibu exorcised to remove the black stains on the walls and evil energy left behind by his former supermodel girlfriend Stephanie Seymour. We are not what you would call friends.

So there you go....all questions answered, by weird concidence/posting...plus full of good Axl stories....

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #1447 on: September 18, 2006, 11:20:46 AM »

I dont know if those pics are very rare but their quality very good , they are big pics

http://i9.tinypic.com/3z6bc7m.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/4bqixzm.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/2e1vl0j.jpg

Elrothiel
« Reply #1448 on: September 18, 2006, 02:52:51 PM »

Cooooool I hadn't seen the first and third ones before! Thanks Alina!! *huggle*
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1449 on: September 18, 2006, 03:28:17 PM »

@Alina: Great pics! Never seen the first one before.

@Ayla: Very interesting story. Thanks for posting! Can you give me the link to that guy's site?

He also said "History has erased Guns N' Roses" on the Metallica Behind the Music.? Grin

Funny you mentioned this....this was posted tonight on Lonn's blog....edited for length..see his website for the entire blog...

"There is a message on my voice mail from Doug Goldstein. "Lonn, listen, thanks for the blind side," he says with a tension laden snap. "We're finished. Fuck off." I'm floored by this. Doug and I had been so close through the GN'R years.

Doug was the tour/security guy. It's Doug you see pulling Axl out of the crowd and saving his life during the St. Louis riots when a biker wouldn't stop rolling videotape prompting the red head from Layfayette to take matters into his own hands. Doug went onto manage GN'R when the band parted ugly ways with Niven. The heart and soul of the GN'R family was Doug Goldstein. Now what could have turned those blue eyes red? One sentence. One utterance, edited and taken out of context.

It was the line where I (to paraphrase because I don't have a copy of the program to look at) said something like isn't it amazing how Guns N' Roses has been virtually erased from memory while Metallica has gone onto rule the world, whatever, you get the drift.

Axl saw the BTM and flipped out. He sent Doug on a Paul Revere raid of the industry to let anyone within earshot family or not know that they fucked up by tarnishing the ring on television. Axl was livid with Metallica, especially Jason, who laid into the frontman for not stepping up the night James caught fire and playing a kick ass set to compensate the fans for the freak accident. Instead, Axl got pissed and performed an abbreviated set that ignited the fragile pysches of a gang of testosterone fans with lighter fluid and Bics.

Doug and I did not speak for almost a year until during my six month tenure at Interscope in mid 99, Jimmy Iovine called me into his office to talk about one of his label's acts that he couldn't get a handle on. He knew I had history. For an hour, I sat with Jimmy and talked about Axl. He was genuinely curious, listened attentively and then launched into his own rap about the business.

At the end of the session, I told him about the VH1 rift and that if I could explain to Axl the context of my sentence-- that I was referring to how the 'media' had wiped away the memory of GN'R and fostered a perception that they were done? "Write him a letter. You're a writer." And so I did, speaking from the heart, from where I always speak from unless my own ego sticks its big swollen dick into the picture. A week passes and Doug is in the building for a meeting with Jimmy about Axl. My office was right next to the Chairman's.

Doug stuck his head in and said, "Hey man, listen, life's too short..." Before he could finish, I swirled from behind my desk, walked over and hugged him. "I'm sorry, man. I had no idea." Doug's really strong. When he hugs you like he really loves you, he can turn one of your ribs to dust.

"So, Axl read my letter? What was his reaction?" Doug took a breath and started to smile. "Well, he said, his comment was 'Lonn has a lot to say.'" And that was that.

Seven years have passed and I've kept an eye on Planet Rock's most misunderstood rock star from afar. I have not seen or talked to Axl Rose since 1994 when we ran into each other in Century City and he told me about having his house in Malibu exorcised to remove the black stains on the walls and evil energy left behind by his former supermodel girlfriend Stephanie Seymour. We are not what you would call friends.

So there you go....all questions answered, by weird concidence/posting...plus full of good Axl stories....

AylaRose
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 03:32:50 PM by Katrin » Logged
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #1450 on: September 18, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »

I have an appetite for pics today? ?hihi

those looks funny? rofl rofl

visit   annagnr.com she has great gallery
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 04:18:50 PM by Alina » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1451 on: September 18, 2006, 09:43:08 PM »

Does anyone know who the baby is that Axl's holding??

Its Lonn Friends' daughter.
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #1452 on: September 19, 2006, 12:17:36 AM »

@Ayla: Very interesting story. Thanks for posting! Can you give me the link to that guy's site?

http://www.myspace.com/lonnsworld

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1453 on: September 19, 2006, 08:35:56 AM »

Thanks!  ok
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1454 on: September 19, 2006, 10:02:34 AM »

i couldn't help it.i saved a few.
the shower one there.i have a pic on myspace under pic's.it is me in the shower lol.i call it my axl shower pic lol.i took the pic just to be funny also.

the one an only horsey !
anythinggoes
« Reply #1455 on: September 19, 2006, 10:08:06 AM »

cool picture there never seen it before

MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #1456 on: September 19, 2006, 10:56:52 AM »

cool picture there never seen it before

Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #1457 on: September 19, 2006, 02:14:08 PM »

Thanks to the person who posted the pics.... very nice

You're welcome. Smiley

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #1458 on: September 19, 2006, 05:52:41 PM »

I hope this isn't an old one,