Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Neurotic Outsiders
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neurotic Outsiders  (Read 12526 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: September 01, 2007, 08:17:02 AM »

Looking at a past post/poll in regards to best song from a post GN'R project and it appears Neurotic Otsiders were forgotten. Pretty cool album, where Duff dropped the base to play rythym.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

I'm sure there are existing topics about Neurotic Outsiders if you do a search, but I don't mind seeing another thread, because they were a kickass band and made a kick ass album, and I'd love to hear another one someday! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »

Yeah I really like a lot of stuff on that album. "Good News", "Nasty Ho", "Jerk", all fuckin rock. Theres a couple songs I almost always skip but the others are good enough to make up for them.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
darkdays_01
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:42:40 PM »

I would love to see those guys do another album I really dug there release. Only thing i thought would have made it better is let Duff and John taylor do all the lead vocals, dont care to much for Jonsey's singing.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 02:15:39 AM »

I love the Neaurotic Outsiders, I'd say that is easily the best album from the ex gunners.  story of my life, union, good news, better way, etc, alot of great songs, i like all the vocals that each member contributes to, especial Jonseys!  I would really like to see another album by them but i doubt that will ever happen. i think the record was mostly songs that steve Jones wrote for a solo album.
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 08:28:38 PM »

I absolutely love the Neurotic Outsiders. I would have loved to see what a second album from them would have been like. In terms of the best ex-gunner album, that is a tough one. I am tied between Neurotic Outsiders, Izzy's 117 Degrees, and Velvet Revolver's Contraband. Each album is a bit different and it's really hard for me to compare them. It really depends on the mood I am in. If I am feeling like agressive - Neurotic Outsiders for sure. Layed back and relaxed - 117 Degrees. Introspective - Contraband.

Now who the best consistant artist out of those three groups, Izzy hands down.

-= iZzBo =-
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 06:14:18 PM »

Youpp it'a  very good harmless straight forward punk thing, like it a lot.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »

Libertad to me is the best ex-GNR member album..
CSS
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »

Man, did you have to bump a thread just to say that? Tongue (It was a joke!)

I also love Neurotic Outsiders, it's shame that they didn't stick together.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »

Man, did you have to bump a thread just to say that? Tongue (It was a joke!)

I also love Neurotic Outsiders, it's shame that they didn't stick together.

Real fuckin shame!! I was listening to that album just the other day, and i like it as much as when i first heard it....i just can;'t get sick of this album! To me this band is a 1000x better than VR and i think the members gave up too soon becaue it didn't achieve the comercial success they had hoped for.

I had high expectations for VR but honestly after listening to Libertad a few times, besides Get out the Door there just aren't many good songs that i crave hearing.  This N.O. album has it all as far as i'm concerned, i'd say its in my top 10 or 15 albums of all time for sure!  If you like GNR then Neroutic Outsiders will give you the closest thing to what GNR was about...passionate timeless music with amazing lyrics, melodys and guitars.  Fuck i wish they'd have a reunion!!!

Could someone who knows how to play guiatar post some Neroutic tabs?.....there are only like 4 tabs on the whole net.....and no tabs for one of my fav songs. "Story of my life"
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »

Neurotic Outsiders wasnt a real project.
it was just for shit's n' giggles... and they got to release a kick ass album too!

as far as i know they never meant to be too seriuos.

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 04:42:57 PM »

I remember when N.O were on Rockline just before the album droppped and a caller asked about a 2nd album.....I clearly remember Duff saying that the'd have to see how the 1st album does (sells)  and he used an analogy of whether a movie would make a sequal before the first ones out,  if its a flop obviously there won't be a follow up.

If this band had better management and promotion, great things could have come from them.  Real shame.
CSS
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 05:49:59 PM »

as far as i know they never meant to be too seriuos.

Well, it was also "planned" to record a second album - I'd say that's meant to be at least something remotely serious.

Too bad that it didn't happen, because that band had a real fucking future.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »

that band had a real fucking future.

no it didn't, according to the history
CSS
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 06:50:12 PM »

Oh, please...

Maybe because they only played like two, or three shows? And the album had literally no promotion whatsoever, but they did release one(?) single and a video.

My point was that they would've had a bright future if they would have continued the project, which was the intension at one point.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 10:25:47 PM »

Oh, please...

Maybe because they only played like two, or three shows? And the album had literally no promotion whatsoever, but they did release one(?) single and a video.

My point was that they would've had a bright future if they would have continued the project, which was the intension at one point.

NO shit!! Too bad you had to explain yourself.....CheapJon was just being a difficult prick.

People are allways talking shit about the "negative" people on this board complaing about why CD isn't out, when the REAL negative users and idiots like Cheapjon who doen't  add anything to the thread....but are just negative for the sake of it.  thanks dude, we know N.O. weren't a commerical success....the point is they had great songs and alot of potential as a  band...had they had the promotion then  "History " might have been different, they could have had a bright future..... get the point Cheapjon?
darkdays_01
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »

I remember the day this album came out. I was stoked just for the fact that John Taylor and Duff McKagan were in the same band. When i was a small kid Duran Duran was like the shit to me. Still think they are a damn good band. At the time our local station when it played real rock was playing Revolution quite a bit.  So i assumed when i bought it Duff sang lead vocals on all the songs. I still remember thinking how kick ass that album was after i listened to it. Like i had mentioned in the previous post my only complaint was Jonsey's vocals. John and Duff should have sang everything but i have grown to like some of Jonsey's songs especially Union. It is a real shame that there was absolutely zero promo for this album.  If properly promoted it would have sold alot more. Still am holding out some hope someday to see album number 2. Does anyone know about the live cd that pops up on ebay ocassionally ? It looks official and always sells for a ton.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 03:24:12 PM »

A live album eh!? Didn't know that! Cool, i'll keep my eyes out for that on ebay! thanks! beer
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »

Oh, please...

NO shit!! Too bad you had to explain yourself.....CheapJon was just being a difficult prick.

People are allways talking shit about the "negative" people on this board complaing about why CD isn't out, when the REAL negative users and idiots like Cheapjon who doen't? add anything to the thread....but are just negative for the sake of it.? thanks dude, we know N.O. weren't a commerical success....the point is they had great songs and alot of potential as a? band...had they had the promotion then? "History " might have been different, they could have had a bright future..... get the point Cheapjon?

boy, oh boy hihi rofl

there's a guy who certainly can take a joke Wink

..and thanks for calling me names Cheesy

still the funniest thing wasn't that you overreacted over my joke, but that you say that i was negative, nothing i said was negative i was just stating a fact that the band didn't have a future since it's gone Tongue

BTW, i got what she meant from the begining Grin

I even like the band.. you should get off the internet and not take everything so serious? ok

// Love CJ love
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 03:33:26 AM »

Sorry dude.....didn't get your "joke"...good one...hilarious  Roll Eyes 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: