Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 08:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Honky Toast
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Honky Toast  (Read 5799 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 12:00:39 PM »

Why don't you go troll somewhere else.

My attitude?

Yeah, I read posts by unfunny ass clowns like yourself day after day.

I'm sure you can relate. Think about the warts you have in your private parts. They're there day after day.....

/jarmo

PS Bye!

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CSS
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 12:17:46 PM »

Have they released more than one record?

I haven't really listened to the first bunch of songs, but they seem cool.
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 02:39:25 AM »

Well, I finally got my $3 copy of the Honky Toast album a few days ago (the internet is a goldmine, not a garbage can!). Not at all bad for three dollars. The singer reminds of a cross between Eric Dover, Jani Lane, and Perry Farrell... Anyway, it's a fun album. Not exactly great, but hey... And for those of you that were hoping for some great Richard and Frank... well... let's just say that there is nothing on this album quite as good as what we've heard them play live this year... Just modern, late 90s rock.

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 05:58:14 AM »

Well, I finally got my $3 copy of the Honky Toast album a few days ago (the internet is a goldmine, not a garbage can!). Not at all bad for three dollars. The singer reminds of a cross between Eric Dover, Jani Lane, and Perry Farrell... Anyway, it's a fun album. Not exactly great, but hey... And for those of you that were hoping for some great Richard and Frank... well... let's just say that there is nothing on this album quite as good as what we've heard them play live this year... Just modern, late 90s rock.

Did you get that off eBay? Just curious where I can pick one up.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »

I also got a copy of this album from ebay and I loved it...

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 09:24:10 AM »

thanks jarmo!  cool stuff

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 09:58:29 AM »

I also got a copy of this album from ebay and I loved it...

I'm gonna go ahead and try that today. I liked what I heard on the Myspace page.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

Damn, that rocked.

Just wondering if anyone thinks "Shakin and a Bakin" is an allegorical reference to some thing other than women. Shake and bake was an idiom used in certain cliques back in the day.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 01:46:26 AM »

Actually, I nabbed it off of AMAZON. Search for Honky Toast under the "Music" tab, and search the "Used and New" listings. Here's a quick link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000I15C/ref=dp_olp_2/002-5345234-1098445?ie=UTF8&qid=1189230232&sr=1-1

Take a look. The one I got was factory sealed, but it had one of those holepunches on the cover, like one of the promotional CDs that I get from Borders Books. Prices start at $0.01 USD with a $2.98 shipping charge. Not a huge loss!

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 08:28:57 AM »

Actually, I nabbed it off of AMAZON. Search for Honky Toast under the "Music" tab, and search the "Used and New" listings. Here's a quick link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000I15C/ref=dp_olp_2/002-5345234-1098445?ie=UTF8&qid=1189230232&sr=1-1

Take a look. The one I got was factory sealed, but it had one of those holepunches on the cover, like one of the promotional CDs that I get from Borders Books. Prices start at $0.01 USD with a $2.98 shipping charge. Not a huge loss!

Kick ass....just ordered mine. Thanks for the tip.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »

i like the music...illustrations are pretty cool too....those who end up buying the disc, let me know if any of that artwork made it onto the sleeve....interested to see how they did it...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
HTF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »

Well, first of all, I must say thanks for checking out the site y'all, and thanks to Jarmo for bringing it to your attention.
There's a few questions that have come up about the band, which I will try and answer as best I can.

Have they released more than one record?

The album "Whatcha Gonna Do Honky?" was the only major release of the band (1999).
They also released an EP in 1997, called Meat the Honky. It has 8 tracks, plus hello/goodbye type tracks (10 in total). Only two of these tracks are not featured on the album, but there are different mixes of the other songs available here also. Probably recommended more for hardcore fans.
HTF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »

i like the music...illustrations are pretty cool too....those who end up buying the disc, let me know if any of that artwork made it onto the sleeve....interested to see how they did it...

The illustrations you see on the profile, and in the photo album, are from the album "Whatcha Gonna Do Honky?" Artwork by Frank Melton. A comic book was also released as a promo for the album. Unfortunately I do not have that in my posession, though. YET.? Wink

FYI There is a great band photo up on the profile now...stay tuned for more additions soon.
HTF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 09:36:21 AM »

Ebay, Amazon, CD Universe, name your online store/auction house of choice? Grin
HTF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 09:40:41 AM »

This is really great stuff! Who are the other members in the band? Are they famous or something?

You can now read about them, in the Featured Bios

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:34:03 AM by HTF » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 11:27:45 AM »

Thanks for the informative posts HTF. Cheesy
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »

I can't listen to the music online, whats it like?

Here today...ready to rock
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 12:39:49 PM »

Wow, great dirty rock!  I love the guitars....

Don't kill me, but some of this is similar sounding to some Slash's Snakepit (shakin and bakin).  And that is a good think.  Just straight ahead rock!

I also hear some Jet, but better than Jet.   I like all the songs.  Love Bites rocks pretty good too!  Love Bites is AC/DC esque.  Singer sounds a lil like Bon Scott on this one!

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »

Love the guitars and drumming......  Guys, some of this sounds so much like Adler and Slash to me... Maybe me loco..  Really cool rock!  Thanks for Sharing Jarmo!  Love the guitar playing!
HTF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 08:42:32 PM »

I can't listen to the music online, whats it like?

The list of influences on the profile is compiled from what the band themselves said they sounded like, what reviewers said, and what I think they sound like. The interesting thing about Honky Toast is (and you will probably only believe me if you hear the entire album), their songs can vary a lot. So if you listen to Love Bites, then you may say they sound like ACDC, but if you listen to a different song, they may sound like nothing so much as the Rolling Stones, and so on.
Also it depends if you are talking about vocal influences, guitar influences etc.
Here's the list, it's not exhaustive: Heartbreakers (listen to LAMF and try to argue with this one), old NY Dolls, MC5, The Stooges, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, old Aerosmith.

Wow, great dirty rock!? I love the guitars....

Don't kill me, but some of this is similar sounding to some Slash's Snakepit (shakin and bakin).? And that is a good think.? Just straight ahead rock!

I also hear some Jet, but better than Jet.? ?I like all the songs.? Love Bites rocks pretty good too!? Love Bites is AC/DC esque.? Singer sounds a lil like Bon Scott on this one!

Straight ahead rock indeed. And feel free to hear what you will in the sound.? ok You're not the first to draw a VR/Slash connection.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: