Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:31:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Pitman
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Pitman  (Read 11485 times)
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 12:55:14 PM »

Intelligence?, Guau, if there are guys so inteligent in this board or you are so inteligent, Jarmo, don't should have that reaction. Anyone should.
I just said an personal comment, a logical opinion, the Pittman 's work in live performances is not relevant, because there is another Keyborad in the band already, there are many song from AFP that don't need Keyboards, etc.. ; works of Finck is relevant, Frank and Axl 's work as well, do you notice the different?, It's not hard to understand...

estebanf, whatever you say I don't care, but I would like to state I like current Guns n' Roses, I like their shows, I like their musicians, (Except Tommy and Finck)etc..but I know this band is too far to be "brilliant" (as old GNR) and I like talk about positive and negative things about this band ( like Velvet Revolver) . that's all, take it or leave it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:24:40 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 01:02:02 PM »

you dont like the two guys in this band who have been in this the longest and arguably have the most influence in the new material outside of Axl and Dizzy.  Undecided

But you're a Pitman fan?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 01:02:31 PM »

It's very hard to understand for a person who uses logic how a band would just add members on stage for fun.

It's also very hard to understand for somebody who's seen the band live and heard the new tracks live how anybody could be left out.

And don't bring that crappy band with former members who left ten years ago into this section again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

I know this band is too far to be "brilliant" (as old GNR)
this topic has nothing to do with the old lineup. who cares if you like them more, this isn't about them.

and I like talk about positive and negative things about this band
you mean you actually have positive things to say about the band?  bull fucking shit.  smoking
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 01:33:20 PM »

Ha Ha! I love the way he was presented to us aussies at the concerts! How relevant!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »

Chris is and Absolute champ. Whoever said they dont know why he is on stage with Guns is nuts. His shit sounds awesome in alot of the old songs and is fuckin fantastic in the new stuff. He is also a very funny person and alot of fun on and off stage.

And this thread is only 2 pages long and there is already blewing. Its gettin real fuckin old.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »

I can do with or without Chris right now. Time will tell how important he is IF and when CD comes out.  I seen them live 3 times in 06, and once in 02, and didnt really hear too much outta him on the older songs. SO I guess thats cool. Although sometime during 06, AOL televised a GNR show from somewhere...(maybe RIO?), and thier mix was off a bit. I heard more of Chris than I wanted. During 'jungle' his playing was really prominent and just made that particular song worse in my opinion. I played it back for a few of my friends....casual GnR fans, and they agreed that he had no place in some older songs.  Ill save my final judgement for when I hear CD.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 11:32:40 PM »

The Source of Uncertainty is one of the projects.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 12:29:16 AM »

What exactly does Pittman do during a concert when the band plays songs like WTTJ, etc. that don't need his, er, expertise.

At least some of the old songs have new elements in them that you might not always notice unless you listen very carefully.

/jarmo

Every single old song has been changed in some way and it makes them all better...much better.....whether it be a faster rhythm (go watch rio 01') or adding cooler intros (see rocket queen) or better solos (see nightrain)...the fan that has been there since the beginning can easily hear this. the newer fan may not hear it....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 12:34:43 AM »

I can do with or without Chris right now. Time will tell how important he is IF and when CD comes out.  I seen them live 3 times in 06, and once in 02, and didnt really hear too much outta him on the older songs. SO I guess thats cool. Although sometime during 06, AOL televised a GNR show from somewhere...(maybe RIO?), and thier mix was off a bit. I heard more of Chris than I wanted. During 'jungle' his playing was really prominent and just made that particular song worse in my opinion. I played it back for a few of my friends....casual GnR fans, and they agreed that he had no place in some older songs.  Ill save my final judgement for when I hear CD.

yes, you're talking about the Rock In Rio-Lisbon. AOL, Sic Radical and XM broadcasted it. And the AOL broadcast had a vey fucked up mix where you almost are unable to hear Robin at some points, and Pitman's SFX are extremely loud. LALD was awesome, but a lot of other songs were disastrous. I think it has to do with the horrible mix, not with Pitman.

Pitman does an AMAZING job in some songs. IRS for example. But I dont like some of his ''things'' in the AFD songs.

My opinion is that we will see Pitman in his complete potential in the album. He's a very skilled musician, muti-instrumentalist and he also writes songs! (Silkworms, with Dizzy, for example)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 12:48:50 AM »

BUT i really think Chris is going to have a HUGE impact on CD. By creating textures and samples to songs he will add a new element to GNR that never existed before.

I heard a rumor once on this board that Pitman wrote and or performed the music at the very beginning of all GNR concerts (When the lights go out and before Robin starts playing Welcome to the Jungle).

I'm a well-wisher, as in I don't wish you any specific harm
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 02:04:26 AM »

wow, is jarmo pms-ing again or what?  Tongue

I would do without chris pittman on the old songs ..I guess he is needed on the new songs though

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 02:46:03 AM »

Question: what does pittman do on the old songs?

Answer: he rocks... HARD
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 05:01:51 AM »

I don't know how the hell he plays his keyboard when its flopping around like that.? That alone is brilliant enough for me.?

And this isn't the first time Guns has had a second keyboard player...they used Teddy Andreades(sp?) during the Illusion tour...and his contribution was far less spectacular than Chris'. Let me rephrase that, Teddy's style is very much a Rock orientated balls out attitude while Chris...well, he's just from another dimension!!  rofl
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:15:36 AM by RoCoKiN » Logged

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 05:30:08 AM »

I don't know how the hell he plays his keyboard when its flopping around like that.  That alone is brilliant enough for me. 

exactly!

Chris is fuckin fun to watch on stage Smiley  sippin on his beer and hittin his keys.

the second night in vegas last year he was playing Mr. Brownstone with his arse.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 05:31:27 AM »

And this isn't the first time Guns has had a second keyboard player...they used Teddy Andreades(sp?) during the Illusion tour...a

That is Andreadis!  Don't Knock Zig Zag, he was the heart and soul of the Use Your Illusion Tour  peace
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 06:46:45 AM »

Is there some inherent reason why every topic on this board has to end in arguments and name calling?

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 07:52:48 AM »

Is there some inherent reason why every topic on this board has to end in arguments and name calling?

Because people like to argue.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 11:57:26 AM »

According to HTGTH.com and GNR.com, Pitman is spelled with only one "t".

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/bios/chris.html

Name: Chris Pitman

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060928&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Rose will tickle the ivories on the piano from time to time, and GN'R has retained the services of keyboardist, multi-instrumentalist and "sound designer" Chris Pitman, who used to play in Lusk.

HOW FUCKIN COOL IS THIS!!!? I'm pretty sure it means that Chris is a Synth Scientist/Inventor!!!?headbanger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Pitman

Pitman has also done sound designand Electronic work for Arturia software synthesizers,? A Designs Audio [Peter Montessi], Waves plug ins, Waldorf Synthesizers, Apple's Logic Audio, Digidesign Plug Ins, Moog Synthesizers, Celemony's Melodyne, Ableton Live, Roland USA , Korg Music, and many other Audio Endorsements, Serge Synthesis [SMS], PlanB Synthesis [Peter Grenader}, [Axel Hartmann] Neuron Synthesis, and Symbolic Sounds Kyma.

Its Pittman In the Live Era Booklet! And Pitman in the Lusk booklet.. It dosent matter.. What matters is that he is really talented.
I know there is alot of people out there who cant see that. But you got to have som knowlege about music to understand that.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
suicide
VIP

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 12:46:44 PM »

It's also Pittman on the t-shirts from the 2002 tour (or was that the 2000 tour?). Doesn't mean anything though, just that they didn't pay a lot of attention to details.
Maybe they didn't have enough time to check things back then? I'm sure they had plenty of time to make sure his name will be printed correctly in the Chinese Democracy booklet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: