Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:29:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy  (Read 11769 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 08:00:12 AM »

I hadn't read that interview before ... he is one down to earth dude, and you gotta love his politics.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »

Could we start a thread detailing what we know about Tommy?

He sure plays a mean pinball

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 08:43:28 AM »

I think your thinking of that deaf, dumb and blind kid.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Lafayettecopssuck
Opening Act

Live your life like its a coma

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 11:25:47 AM »

He has the most prolific legacy out of anyone in the current lineup in GNR, outside of Axl.

Yes, an amazing list of achievements!

.............and then there's Fortus and The Psychadelic Furs!!!!  ok

What's interesting is that both have worked with Ben Folds! Another link to little old Adelaide! Ben Folds married an Adelaide girl and lived here for a while!

So proud! It just gets better and better!  ok

ben folds used to walk my dog, yes down the street

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 11:36:38 AM »

Photographer credit:? Ken Settle

Related Tommy threads in Bad Obsession:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16757.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=48414.0

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »

I thought I was the body-table king.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »

I thought I was the body-table king.

You lost me on that one, but I'm drunk ... "Tommy can you hear me" HERE

Ever wonder where "Moon The Loon" got his nickname?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 12:19:51 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 12:34:29 PM »

Apparantly,? he made quite a spectacular entrance to a party once by driving/riding a bike/car into a swimming pool.

Came flying over a fence or something....... rofl

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:25:32 PM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2007, 01:54:15 PM »

I had forgot about that.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 02:08:14 PM »

New soundtrack math: 4 episodes, 8 tracks
By Tamara Conniff
Aug 23, 2007

You heard about the innovative music being used in Showtime's new series "Californication" here first. Now the show is going one step further: A soundtrack will be released -- but not on a round disc and not all at once.

If TV is the new radio, then this may be the new soundtrack. "Temptation: Music From the Showtime Series 'Californication' " is going to be released exclusively via iTunes by ABKCO Records in installments of eight-song "track packs." In essence, it will be an evolving digital soundtrack. The show's music supervisors Budd Carr and Nora Felder had initially approached ABKCO about using the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want" in the show. Then they and ABKCO vp Alisa Coleman asked themselves: Why wait until the end of a show's season to release a soundtrack? 'Tis the digital age, no?

Because ABKCO -- which is home to works by such acts as the Stones, Sam Cooke, the Animals and Marianne Faithfull -- had a strong existing relationship with iTunes, the marriage of show and record label made sense.

Coleman notes that offering the soundtrack while "Californication's" first season is on the air can make "passive viewers" into "active viewers." They watch, they buy. They buy, they watch.

The first pack of eight songs will be available Sept. 10 and is chock-full of cool tracks, including the first-time digital release of Paul Oakenfold's remix of the Doors' "L.A. Woman," "Mojo" by Peeping Tom (the new project from Mike Patton of Faith No More) as well as songs by Tommy Stinson, Mindy Smith, Josh Blake, the Country Gentlemen, Arco and My Morning Jacket. A new track pack of songs will be available after every four "Californication" episodes for $7.92. Showtime also will offer a video podcast on iTunes with behind-the-scenes interviews with the show's cast and producers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/columns/music_reporter/e3i30e53e28d8226c06dcd43fee51ae0220

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »

In an interview in Blender about the time VGH was released.. Tommy said he hurt himself (broke something, cant remember what), half way through RIR3... He kept playing on tho  ok
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »

New soundtrack math: 4 episodes, 8 tracks
By Tamara Conniff
Aug 23, 2007

You heard about the innovative music being used in Showtime's new series "Californication" here first. Now the show is going one step further: A soundtrack will be released -- but not on a round disc and not all at once.

If TV is the new radio, then this may be the new soundtrack. "Temptation: Music From the Showtime Series 'Californication' " is going to be released exclusively via iTunes by ABKCO Records in installments of eight-song "track packs." In essence, it will be an evolving digital soundtrack. The show's music supervisors Budd Carr and Nora Felder had initially approached ABKCO about using the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want" in the show. Then they and ABKCO vp Alisa Coleman asked themselves: Why wait until the end of a show's season to release a soundtrack? 'Tis the digital age, no?

Because ABKCO -- which is home to works by such acts as the Stones, Sam Cooke, the Animals and Marianne Faithfull -- had a strong existing relationship with iTunes, the marriage of show and record label made sense.

Coleman notes that offering the soundtrack while "Californication's" first season is on the air can make "passive viewers" into "active viewers." They watch, they buy. They buy, they watch.

The first pack of eight songs will be available Sept. 10 and is chock-full of cool tracks, including the first-time digital release of Paul Oakenfold's remix of the Doors' "L.A. Woman," "Mojo" by Peeping Tom (the new project from Mike Patton of Faith No More) as well as songs by Tommy Stinson, Mindy Smith, Josh Blake, the Country Gentlemen, Arco and My Morning Jacket. A new track pack of songs will be available after every four "Californication" episodes for $7.92. Showtime also will offer a video podcast on iTunes with behind-the-scenes interviews with the show's cast and producers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/columns/music_reporter/e3i30e53e28d8226c06dcd43fee51ae0220

I just saw episode 2 last night and the closing song was "Light of Day" and it fit really good.  It is a really cool song and a pretty wild show. It makes me happy that Tommy is in GNR because the guy is pure rock and roll....He seems kind of cocky but that is what makes him special too.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »

he did a solo album called Village Gorilla Head which was quite good.

NOT QUITE GOOD! FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motivation hands down an amazing fucking song!

Fuck All Y'all
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2007, 12:27:20 AM »

Well, I think this one is the member more ridiculous after Buckethead, his wear is pathetic, his performance is too boring (and his chorus sucks), Tommy should watch and learn legends of rock as Duff Mackagan, Steve Harris, Jason Newsted, Cliff Burton,etc...

Anyone know "The Replacement"?  hihi

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2007, 12:36:50 AM »

Well, I think this one is the member more ridiculous after Buckethead, his wear is pathetic, his performance is too boring (and his chorus sucks), Tommy should watch and learn legends of rock as Duff Mackagan, Steve Harris, Jason Newsted, Cliff Burton,etc...

Anyone know "The Replacement"?  hihi

Tommy doesn't need to watch and learn anybody, he is his own and a fucking legend in his own right.

buckethead isn't in the fucking band.

go somewhere else.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2007, 09:31:39 AM »

just ban that fucker..

here's a cool pic of baz and tommy found on baz's myspace:
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »

Anyone know "The Replacement"? hihi

Why would someone want to "down buzz" on someone as humble as Tommy? Dude, learn some humility, it might just save you.

madagas
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

http://www.harpmagazine.com/articles/detail.cfm?article_id=4735&searchword=Tommy%20Stinson

best quote ever from a very qualified source

Tommy Stinson

"There are people who say Keith Richards is the walking embodiment of rock-'n'-roll, but it's Tommy Stinson. And I know 'em both."

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:53 AM »

http://www.harpmagazine.com/articles/detail.cfm?article_id=4735&searchword=Tommy%20Stinson

best quote ever from a very qualified source

Tommy Stinson

"There are people who say Keith Richards is the walking embodiment of rock-'n'-roll, but it's Tommy Stinson. And I know 'em both."

What more can be said, anyone who referenced Ry Cooter and the T-man, ... my new favorite Bass player ... (What Jim Bob used to say).

madagas
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2007, 11:49:34 AM »

that guy worked pretty intimately with Bob Dylan too....nuff said ok
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:48:29 PM by madagas » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: