Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The last days of Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The last days of Kurt Cobain  (Read 16773 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:41 PM »

because it's a disgrace that people still remember him.

He was a member of one of the most famous bands of the 20th century. I don't think people will forget him any time soon.

Nirvana is completely over rated.? Had he not killed himself Nirvana would have flamed out along with all the other grunge bands.? Nirvana gets credit for ending the 80s hair/hard rock scene, but I think they are more known for that then their actual music.

I agree that they are sometimes overrated. And they're one of my favourite bands.

But I don't know that they would have disappeared though had Cobain lived. They seemed to have too much of an impact to have just faded away. Then again, I wasn't there to see it (well, I was, but a bit young to be listening to Nirvana).

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »

Cobain was a revolutionary genius that put an end to the shit that was being played on the radio then ... along with a few others.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 03:11:22 PM »

Cobain was a revolutionary genius that put an end to the shit that was being played on the radio then ... along with a few others.

i think thats exaggerating a bit.  "revolutionary genius"  c'mon.

they had one album. their impact is more on putting an end to 80s music than their actual music.  If anything, grunge not only killed the whole 80s scene, but has ruined music for over a decade now.  Grunge was a flash in the pan, it was a fad.  what have we had since then?  absolutely nothing.  ESPECIALLY for rock.  Name one REALLY good rock act that has had a giant impact in music since 1995?  there hasn't been a Beatles, stones, zeppelin, GNR since that time.  Creed? NIN? fall out boy?  kid rock!?!?  hihi

After grunge you didn't even have to know how to play guitar, just a few chords.  it killed the guitar solo for crying out loud!

totally fucked rock in the ass.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »

Damn you are cool..

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 03:39:39 PM »

His wife defintely didn't help him with his addictions. ?I feel bad for his daughter over anyone else's false sense of loss. ?He was tired of his addiction and depressed and that's lethal. ?I do think it's a cowards way out but to him, it was his only way out. ? Addictions sucks regardless of the pleasure. ?Some can handle the stopping part and some can't. ?That's why people reach out to help thoughs who can't deal with it, so they don't choose to end their life rather than start living it. ?Am I an addict? no but I stopped drinking when I felt I got too good at it. (Now an occasional beer is rare years even)It's mind over matter and some people just can't do that though. ?Do I know addicts? ?Yeah Who doesn't? ?Some deal with it and are doing well and some took their lives rather than living through the pain or solace of their demon. ?Sad stuff to watch someone deteriorate that way too. ?He had people who could have helped more but in the end He chose not to be helped. ?I was not a fan of his grundgy ass (a few songs yes) But looking at it from a compassionate point of view, It's a Damn shame that he blew his brains out because of mental struggles and addiction.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 03:40:13 PM »

Damn you are cool..

yeah .... he is fonzie cool.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 07:49:21 PM »

As Doug Stanhope would say, how the hell do you know Cobain dyng then wasn't a good thing.  Maybe he filled every hole, used every drug and came out at the end empty realizing the "dream" was just that.  He knew he was done so he offed himself.  How do you know that if Hendrix hadn't died he wouldn't be doing some half-time superbowl show with Elton John playing Rocket Man and everyone is saying "Man I wish he would have died 30 years ago, that guy was my hero."

Nirvana was sub-par at best.  How many bands called themselves Nirvana or played the sappy grundge shit out of Seattle?  There were alot and Kurt Cobain got lucky.  I'm not saying the man didn't have talent, but this legacy and cult following portrays a much different man then the one that existed.  Besides, this is a GN'R forum.  Nirvana and GN'R don't mix, even Cobain himself said that shit  Grin.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 09:02:38 PM »

He wrote great lyrics, the music felt good and was very influencal as we gotten to learn. Not very overated imo peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 11:04:53 PM »

I don' t see how anyone can talk shit about Cobain

Like him or not, U can't discredit what an amazing songwriter he was.

He DID revolutionlize music whether anyone wants to give him credit or not and this guy was FUCKING REAL unlike all these God damn Woe IS ME POSERS who pretend to be abused and tortured as an IMAGE to SELL RECORDS.

When Cobain swore he didn't have a gun, it brought u chills cause u knew he was capable of killing himself.

HE DID KILL HIMSELF

This guy was the REAL THIng no matter what the fuck some of u try to say .
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:16:11 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 01:17:22 AM »

what was revolutionized?  3-4 years worth of music?  and now over a decade later we are getting some of the worst rock music in the past 40-50 years.  sorry, i thought the music was average then and i don't think it even comes close to holding up now. 

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 01:25:08 AM »

Trent Reznor was the revolution. Nirvana was devolution.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 01:33:42 AM »

Trent Reznor was the revolution. Nirvana was devolution.

oh please, i can count on one hand the number of bands they influenced. Manson and stabbing westward....c'mon.  After grunge it was just lame attempt after lame attempt to be "the next big thing".  things might have been cool at the time, but they got so played out so quickly.  hard to believe limp bizkut used to be cool.  or that people actually bought kid rock records.  or that creed sold millions of albums. 

early pearl jam and Korn, tool and pantera are the only good things that came out of the 90s.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 02:34:15 AM »

I saw this sarvo, was pretty interesting. Its funny tho coz if it was just another person I wouldn't have given a fuck but being that it was Kurt Cobain made me feel a bit sorry for him. Normally I wouldn't give junkeis the time of day.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 03:21:30 AM »

Here's my deal with Cobain and Nirvana.

I HATE that because of Cobain we have stupid emo poseurs who make crappy music, and always list him at the top of their list of influences.

I love their music though.  It's not complicated stuff, but it gets the job done.  Nevermind rocks pretty hard, and there is a lot of catchy stuff.  In Utero is pretty great too, and the Unplugged album has some great covers.

I love flannel.

The guy did change music though, and I credit him for ending all that cheesy hair metal crap.  (See, mrlee)

I don't know, maybe since I was a 90's kid, the stuff has been ingrained in my subconscious, but I have no problems with Nirvana or KC.

It wasn't cool that he killed himself, but I heard he had stomach cancer and he was gonna die anyway.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 03:53:22 AM »

He wrote great lyrics, the music felt good and was very influencal as we gotten to learn. Not very overated imo peace

Sorry I have to disagree with you on the lyrics. I grew up a Nirvana fan and I think Kurt, while not a gifted musician, was a great songwriter and a really good singer. That being said, he had a couple lyrical gems here and there but in my opinion I could count them on one hand and still be able to tell someone "peace out" visually. His lyrics kind of started a trend in rock of stringing words together that are sometimes nothing more than sentence fragments.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 04:01:13 AM »

^Yeah, his lyrics were sometimes jibberish, but somehow he made it work.

Just like their musical abilities.  They really weren't great musicians, but they turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

They just had the right chemistry for the time, and they made something out of it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 04:04:44 AM »

When Nirvana hit, there was nothing like them, period. I remember a DJ saying "I don't know what the hell this guy is saying, but I absolutely love it."  hihi
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 04:26:08 AM »

I don' t see how anyone can talk shit about Cobain

Like him or not, U can't discredit what an amazing songwriter he was.

He DID revolutionlize music whether anyone wants to give him credit or not and this guy was FUCKING REAL unlike all these God damn Woe IS ME POSERS who pretend to be abused and tortured as an IMAGE to SELL RECORDS.

When Cobain swore he didn't have a gun, it brought u chills cause u knew he was capable of killing himself.

HE DID KILL HIMSELF

This guy was the REAL THIng no matter what the fuck some of u try to say .

It's my personal belief that Cobain, in certain ways, was a fraud.

He always claimed that he hated success, yet he never turned down a photo or video shoot. The dude contradicted himself way too much for my taste. Don't say that you hate something yet still do it with a smile on your face.

That being said, I can count the Nirvana songs that I like on one hand, and definitely need to agree that they're the most overrated band of all time.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007, 04:39:43 AM »

When Nirvana hit, there was nothing like them, period. I remember a DJ saying "I don't know what the hell this guy is saying, but I absolutely love it."? hihi

We thought that a line in 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' was "I'm beater, not a skater"...... rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007, 04:57:33 AM »

I dislike the term 'overrated' anyway. Usually just means "music that lots of people like, but I don't". Just say you hate the fucking music! hihi

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: