Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Post Your Dream Chinese Democracy Limited Edition Ideas Here!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post Your Dream Chinese Democracy Limited Edition Ideas Here!  (Read 9509 times)
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 09:09:50 PM »

My best attempt at the rest with my crappy Paint Shop Pro skills. I know this is a little generic and unimaginative, but it still paints an idea of how the finished product could look. I won't even attempt the booklet.

Disk 1

Disk 2

DVD 1

DVD 2

The Set

what font did you use for disks 1 and 2?

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »

I didn't use font, it was an image cropped from the tour poster.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »

What a clever idea!  Wink

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »

it certainly looks good.i like the leather idea also with the zipper.very kool idea so far.

the one an only horsey !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »

Very nice art. I dig that on the dvd ones.

My dream one would be...the HTGHT limited edition? hihi
Or the downloading mofo limited edition. As we owe the band for having those welsh things.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »

That's the one without the music?
greendog
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »

That's the one without the music?

rofl

this zip case looks really nice.. id love to get something like that
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2007, 02:07:27 PM »

No sir. Not by that chrome thingy.
with the music. something like chocking designed.
On the live dvd and the demo cd, the band members choose the clips and the demos for HTGHTers.
plus HTGTH logo should be on them.  Grin
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »

My best attempt at the rest with my crappy Paint Shop Pro skills. I know this is a little generic and unimaginative, but it still paints an idea of how the finished product could look. I won't even attempt the booklet.

Disk 1

Disk 2

DVD 1

DVD 2

The Set

what font did you use for disks 1 and 2?

drool x 100

I want that drool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2007, 03:10:05 PM »

You guys are making my week! All this positive feedback is awesome. I really hope someone from inside the GN'R camp sees this. I'm pretty amazed that there appears to be about a 90% approval rating from posters so far. That seems to be a pretty good approval rating by any standard.

AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2007, 04:26:07 PM »

my hand to god, i nearly shit myself when i saw the zipper case, i would be very pleased if that was the acutal case ok ok

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

i haven't said anything about how i like this yet (because i've been lazy) but I really like this stuff too yes beer
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2007, 10:02:51 AM »

Most big releases these days seem to come with at least one limited edition version.  DVDs with the "making of" are pretty much standard.  I'd be happy with just the album, to be honest, but a "making of" thing would be interesting.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »

yeah dude, this is awesome!

how did you get the idea for the case?
has it been done before?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

All of these are great ideas...I would love the Hammerstein concerts to be released. Im just hoping for the actual cd....nothing more. JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2007, 02:09:46 PM »

FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE!

i just want that zipper case FULL with every song Axl and company has written in the last 14 years, with maybe an explanational DVD as to WHY it took so long. Ya know kinda like a behind the music. drool

Axl, please be reading this, you wanna make money and pay off all that studio time? Release the album, then 2 or 3 months later release that zipper case cause thats just the coolest fucking thing in this thread, with all of what others and i have said in previous posts.

THEN tour for 2 or 3 more years and repeat (only if wanted Grin)

peace headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »

has it been done before?

Aerosmith did a denim one. Not anything like this really. I google searched "CD Cases" looking for an empty jewel case, this came up (just an image of the leather case) and I thought of the Aerosmith Ltd. Edition and though GN'R could rock a leather case. From there I just experimented with several cases, and thought of the contents to justify such a case. I thought 2 cds and 2 dvd's would justify a heavier price tag.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »

FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE!

i just want that zipper case FULL with every song Axl and company has written in the last 14 years, with maybe an explanational DVD as to WHY it took so long. Ya know kinda like a behind the music. drool

Axl, please be reading this, you wanna make money and pay off all that studio time? Release the album, then 2 or 3 months later release that zipper case cause thats just the coolest fucking thing in this thread, with all of what others and i have said in previous posts.

THEN tour for 2 or 3 more years and repeat (only if wanted Grin)

peace headbanger

Thanks for being so enthusiastic! Do you have any idea how cool it would be for me to think Axl even read this post?

peace
James

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2007, 06:05:14 PM »

has it been done before?

Aerosmith did a denim one. Not anything like this really. I google searched "CD Cases" looking for an empty jewel case, this came up (just an image of the leather case) and I thought of the Aerosmith Ltd. Edition and though GN'R could rock a leather case. From there I just experimented with several cases, and thought of the contents to justify such a case. I thought 2 cds and 2 dvd's would justify a heavier price tag.
cool

i really hope they think about something like this, cuz its fuckin' special , man!

the aerosmith one, was it just a denim slip on cover or something and normal cd/dvd case inside or did it have those "pages"?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »

has it been done before?

cool

i really hope they think about something like this, cuz its fuckin' special , man!

the aerosmith one, was it just a denim slip on cover or something and normal cd/dvd case inside or did it have those "pages"?

It was lame. Was a typical cardboard case, like GN'Rs greatest hits with denim glued over it. Problem was the inside was clear glued plastic. So when I opened mine the clips that held in the cd was broken and beginning to peel off the backing. Thus, I think my design is better. But the Aerosmith case "A little South of Sanity Ltd Edition" was a far cry from what I've laid out. You can still see the Aerosmith cd at Amazon.com, it's the blue one with a patch of the Aerosmith logo ironed on the front. I guess it is meant to resemble a jean jacket with a patch on it.

Also, the Aerosmith booket was glued inside to the case itself, which I thought was lame, the case folded out 3 times thus, booklet, cd1, cd2.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:04:20 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: