Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:36:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Post Your Dream Chinese Democracy Limited Edition Ideas Here!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post Your Dream Chinese Democracy Limited Edition Ideas Here!  (Read 9506 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 11:43:05 PM »

Great idea!!
i think they most Definitely need to include something bonus to help sell physical copies.. in this case i think a dvd of some kind would be great!

if they do the whole leather case thing, that would rule too!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 12:34:12 AM »

Releasing the thing on blue ray or some other fancy high tech thing might be nice. Especially since not many media exists so far for those.

also releasing something via USB sticks might be nice.
Imagine a GNR logo shaped USB stick with cd on it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 12:40:35 AM »

How about including a copy of Mao's Little Red Book?!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 01:10:04 AM »

Here's an idea: The CD itself.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 04:29:11 AM »

Here's an idea: The CD itself.

thats incredible, how did you come up with that???

I rekon they will definetly do something really appealing for the general public in ordre for it to sell alot of copies...
After all its chinese democracy...

It is worlds apart from any cd that could ever be released along side it... beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
CSS
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 04:49:20 AM »

Releasing the thing on blue ray or some other fancy high tech thing might be nice.

Blu-ray? hihi

Maybe it there was a DVD...
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 04:59:55 AM »

Maybe Jarmo could nudge Beta or somebody to have a look at this idea..... I think its pretty cool.  Cool
Hoggsg2
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 05:19:59 AM »

that design and idea is great. well done.

i also like the idea of different versions of songs, especially with the different members but i believe this could be a big legal pain in the arse
GNRFan333
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 07:38:41 AM »

that zip case  drool  please tell me thats been photoshopped and theres nowhere to actually get it...it looks amazing! drool
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »

Great idea!!
i think they most Definitely need to include something bonus to help sell physical copies.. in this case i think a dvd of some kind would be great!

if they do the whole leather case thing, that would rule too!!!

Haha, glad you guys like it... how do I show this idea to the band?  Wink

Secondly, how do I get them to put my name in the liner notes if they use it? Tongue

elmir
VIP

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 09:01:37 AM »

Haha, glad you guys like it... how do I show this idea to the band?  Wink

considering this thread has been up for two days now, chances of someone from the band's camp having seen it are pretty good.....so if they get in touch with you...you score....if they don't....then you don't....

i like the idea of a 4 disc package, although i'd like to have as much new material as possible, as opposed to having a CD and then a demo CD of pretty much the same songs....they must leak the demos online afterwards.....rather pack the second disc with some more new tunes.....the livd dvd disc is a cool idea, and so is the making of movie.....

the packaging idea is (sorry to say) terrible...a leather bound cd sleeve couldn't be cheesier....but then again, i don't have a better suggestion, as long as they release whatever they plan on releasing....even if its in the shittest jewel cases available...i'll take two of each....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 09:48:33 AM »

Haha, glad you guys like it... how do I show this idea to the band?? Wink

considering this thread has been up for two days now, chances of someone from the band's camp having seen it are pretty good.....so if they get in touch with you...you score....if they don't....then you don't....

i like the idea of a 4 disc package, although i'd like to have as much new material as possible, as opposed to having a CD and then a demo CD of pretty much the same songs....they must leak the demos online afterwards.....rather pack the second disc with some more new tunes.....the livd dvd disc is a cool idea, and so is the making of movie.....

the packaging idea is (sorry to say) terrible...a leather bound cd sleeve couldn't be cheesier....but then again, i don't have a better suggestion, as long as they release whatever they plan on releasing....even if its in the shittest jewel cases available...i'll take two of each....

I agree, but personally if I were the label I would try to recover as much money as possible while still keeping the fans happy. Thus, I would release a set like this every year (if the material is out there). As a fan, that would be my dream release schedule. I remember thinking when the illusions came out that I would have preferred that they were a year apart. When you get it all at once there's nothing to look forward to for years with bands that only release quality material like Gn'R.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »

They could do the Bond thing!

Bond films used be released every second year - something to look forward to.

It was either going to be a Bond year or a Pink Panther year!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 10:44:27 AM »

When you get it all at once there's nothing to look forward to for years with bands that only release quality material like Gn'R.

good point....although a proper world tour to promote the album is a highlight...that's something to look forward to, singles on radio and tv is also a highlight, music videos.....interviews, appearances, all the usual media and promotion crap which goes with a new release.....there's a lot a band can do in a space of say two years before they drop another one....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 10:46:05 AM »

When you get it all at once there's nothing to look forward to for years with bands that only release quality material like Gn'R.

good point....although a proper world tour to promote the album is a highlight...that's something to look forward to, singles on radio and tv is also a highlight, music videos.....interviews, appearances, all the usual media and promotion crap which goes with a new release.....there's a lot a band can do in a space of say two years before they drop another one....

Oh I agree, but Gn'R don't follow the 2 year rule.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »

Oh I agree, but Gn'R don't follow the 2 year rule.

yeah, but you also have to agree that not following any of the so called "rules" is the reason we're so obsessed with them (him) in the first place....also, you mentioned about the label recouping funds.....i honestly wouldn't worry about that....any label exec or record industry bigwig is never going to lose serious cash....so they could be complaining about gnr and pleading poverty, but i'm almost 99% certain that its all nonsense....i don't feel bad for them one little bit...

a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

Those special cases are nice and all, and great work on the design, but I'm not a fan of them. They're nice for about the first 5 minutes then after that you can never find a decent spot on your CD shelf for them or in your car. I end up taking the CD out and putting it in a cheap plastic case as it's actually usable.

Great design though, it really does look good!

a.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 11:15:23 AM »

I think the "standard" approach of a regular disc and a second edition (simultaneous release) with either dual disc or a DVD makes the most sense.

Cheaper to produce than the leather case, easier for the fans who only have to purchase one edition.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 02:31:08 PM »

Just limited talk and just a release would be fine.  Seriously, I wouldn't mind the 1st being a double C.D. followed by a DVD/Live issue and finally 2 seperate C.D's about  8 months apart.   That would allow time for touring and then time to write and hit the studio again before people start crying again.  That's about 4-5 years worth of stuff.  This is only if there are 4 albums currently available, if not I'll take whatever they put out.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 05:50:52 PM »

Hardbook edition with 48 or 64 page book featuring photos, lyrics, and interview.
CD version of album.
DVD with videos, live versions of new songs.
Insert CD for download link to 'secret' part of GNR website with rare MP3's : demos, live versions, alternate mixes that aren't going to be on the singles.

Then...
approx 3 months later. "Chinese Democracy LIVE" DVD with live show, bonus rare tracks from TV (i.e. RIR3, etc.), soundcheck, TV appearances and documentary. This band are fascinating and a lack of interviews from them is frustrating. I'd love to hear Robin's thoughts on the band, for example.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: