Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:37:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The Re-Recorded AFD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Re-Recorded AFD  (Read 6645 times)
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« on: August 21, 2007, 05:33:10 PM »

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but since you all are Die-Hard GNR fans like myself you probably do.

Axl says he has recorded all of Appetite for Destruction excluding the last two songs, and if I remember correctly he replaced those with YCBM and Patience.

Anyone know what this thing is doing besides collecting dust? It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of being online here.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:34:21 PM »

i think the songs they didn't record were you're crazy and anything goes.

i'd kill to hear it.   i'd love to see it released as a kind of bonus.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »

I would love to just hear it and see what, if anything, has been changed in each song.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »

Ehhh I wouldn't want to hear Buckethead ruin those solo's , because most of the AFD work was fairly simple stuff and BH would always over do it live. Now if we had a re-recorded AFD with Ron , that be the shit!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 06:00:44 PM »

Ehhh I wouldn't want to hear Buckethead ruin those solo's , because most of the AFD work was fairly simple stuff and BH would always over do it live. Now if we had a re-recorded AFD with Ron , that be the shit!

I agree with that, BH added too many notes to a solo- it sounded more mathmatical than emotional.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »

I agree with that, BH added too many notes to a solo- it sounded more mathmatical than emotional.

YES exactly, it started to sound like my computer booting up , Ron knows how to keep it original while still adding his own take on it.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 06:10:10 PM »

That's something I hope they never release, no matter how good it is. It would be cool to hear from a fans point of view, so I wouldn't complain if it leaked, but a full on release would be ridiculous. There's no point trying to improve perfection.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 06:10:51 PM »

most of the AFD solos are played by Robin anyways.

That's something I hope they never release, no matter how good it is. It would be cool to hear from a fans point of view, so I wouldn't complain if it leaked, but a full on release would be ridiculous. There's no point trying to improve perfection.
it would make a cool bonus tho to a boxed set or a cool extra disc to a cd/dvd release.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »

most of the AFD solos are played by Robin anyways.

it would make a cool bonus tho to a boxed set or a cool extra disc to a cd/dvd release.

Yeah, like I said it's something I'd like to hear, and as a bonus disc or something would be ok, just not as an out and out individual release.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 06:39:07 PM »

they recorded it when Josh Freese was in the band, if I remember correctly

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 06:47:51 PM »

It was Axl, Robin, Tobias, Dizzy, Tommy, and Freese
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »

I think it was more of a warm up to the writing/recording of Chinese Democracy. To make an All Star line up sound like a tight band.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »

a lot of that stuff (original) was not simple... they made it sound simple.  and appetite was re-recorded before buckethead joined...
isa
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »

I also read that on a mag. n I remember that he also said it was a new recording with the new members, n in that way the new ones could know the level that they had to reach.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 07:45:53 PM »

If they were smart they would have released it this year, July to be precisely, the 20th Aniversary... But guess they don?t wanna make tons of money by releasing it and have milions of Guns fans and music fans buying it.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »

I think it would be really cool if instead of releasing an album of Appetite done over they did like Anthrax did with "The Greater of Two Evils". They had all their fans vote online for what songs they wanted to hear redone for it since the line up had changed so much over the years (Ala GNR). I think it would be a lot cooler track listing and theres a lot fo songs on the Illusions I would like to hear this line up play.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 06:39:45 AM »

It was Axl, Robin, Tobias, Dizzy, Tommy, and Freese

indeed  yes

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 06:48:54 AM »

Really? I did not know that!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »

I think it would be really cool if instead of releasing an album of Appetite done over they did like Anthrax did with "The Greater of Two Evils". They had all their fans vote online for what songs they wanted to hear redone for it since the line up had changed so much over the years (Ala GNR). I think it would be a lot cooler track listing and theres a lot fo songs on the Illusions I would like to hear this line up play.

yeah man that would be fucking amazing
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:07 AM »

It would be rubbing it in to the 'old' lineup though........don't you think?

........and the comparisons would be never ending..........he does it better, no he does!

This site would go off its dial!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:02:37 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: