Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:31:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION  (Read 30786 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »

The problem is not that VR plays GN'R songs.
The problem is that those (otherwise average) GN'R songs are the highlights of their shows even for the unbiased critics.

By average I by no means mean bad. Just that those are not the big guns of GN'R.

Axl basically has a new band , and they play music that they didn't create for most of their set and that is the highlight of it all...... I don't see how Slash and Duff , who had a hand in writing and creating the music of Guns N Roses are to be told not to play their songs? For without them THEY WOULDN'T exist!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »

and that is the highlight of it all...

Well that's normal, since it's GN'R ...

You know the word "new" is a bit absurd. This version of GN'R exist since 1999. Longer than the other lineup. "New" is not the word anymore.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 02:00:18 PM »

and that is the highlight of it all...

Well that's normal, since it's GN'R ...

You know the word "new" is a bit absurd. This version of GN'R exist since 1999. Longer than the other lineup. "New" is not the word anymore.

So its normal for a band to play music that only 1/5 of it created and be normal but not for a band where 2/5 created it isn't?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 03:32:08 PM »

Once again the homophobic VR fan decides that, in order to justify VR playing GN'R songs, he has to start talking about GN'R.

Do people who go see the Foo Fighters expect to hear Nirvana songs?

No, it's a different band with a different name.

Do you expect to hear Metallica songs at a Metallica concert even though the line-up hasn't stayed the same through the years? How about when you see the Rolling Stones? Iron Maiden? AC/DC?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2007, 03:57:26 PM »

Once again the homophobic VR fan decides that, in order to justify VR playing GN'R songs, he has to start talking about GN'R.

Do you expect to hear Metallica songs at a Metallica concert even though the line-up hasn't stayed the same through the years? How about when you see the Rolling Stones? Iron Maiden? AC/DC?

I expect to hear GnR and STP songs because they are velvet revolver and thats what they do, You been following them for years now so you should know as well, get over it already.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2007, 05:05:42 PM »

/jarmo

Foo fighters is one man from nirvana ( kinda like AXL ROSE ) with a new band , only difference is Grohl changed the name. Metallca , AC/DC , and Maiden are line ups where it is mostly the original members.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2007, 05:48:47 PM »

/jarmo

Foo fighters is one man from nirvana ( kinda like AXL ROSE ) with a new band , only difference is Grohl changed the name. Metallca , AC/DC , and Maiden are line ups where it is mostly the original members.

Actually in Foo Fighters there is also a guitar player who used to play on Nirvana. But yeah... I agree with you. Velvet Revolver have all the rights to play Guns songs.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2007, 05:52:11 PM »

/jarmo

Actually in Foo Fighters there is also a guitar player who used to play on Nirvana. But yeah... I agree with you. Velvet Revolver have all the rights to play Guns songs.

Pat Smear I think right?? He was a live guitarist strictly is what I thought , so he never really helped in creating the Nirvana sound. But yea VR has the rights to play ALL GNR songs but in reality they know that some songs they just shouldn't attempt to touch ( a la paradise city , jungle , NR , Estranged ) but to play ISE , Used to love her , Patience its not that bad , it sounds good and people enjoy it. Just because certain people think it's shit doesn't really make a difference if the majority of people enjoy it.  beer
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:54:53 PM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2007, 06:15:40 PM »

/jarmo

Foo fighters is one man from nirvana ( kinda like AXL ROSE ) with a new band , only difference is Grohl changed the name.

Nope. Foo fighters are not nirvana so that they don't play nirvana songs.

yeah any band has the rights to cover classics.
nothing wrong with a band which main attractions are covers of their former bands.  yes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

Think about it, if you can.

Different band name, different act, different songs.

Same band name, same band's songs.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with who's in the band.

Pearl Jam occasionally play a song by Mother Love Bone (which featured two PJ members). But I don't expect to hear them play it at every show.

I do expect them to play lots of PJ songs.

I know some of you want VR to keep playing GN'R songs because it reminds you of the old days which will never come back no matter how much you wish. I wonder how many VR fans would like to see them play more GN'R songs or more of their own songs....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:18:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »

Think about it, if you can.

Different band name, different act, different songs.

Same band name, same band's songs.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with who's in the band.

Pearl Jam occasionally play a song by Mother Love Bone (which featured two PJ members). But I don't expect to hear them play it at every show.

I do expect them to play lots of PJ songs.

I know some of you want VR to keep playing GN'R songs because it reminds you of the old days which will never come back no matter how much you wish. I wonder how many VR fans would like to see them play more GN'R songs or more of their own songs....

/jarmo

This is a guns n roses board, would you be surprised to find out that VR fans on this board love hearing Gnr songs? and they are a different name and a different act, 3 songs out of 20+  is much different than a GNR show. Plus 44 is a new band name, and they still play blink 182 songs at their shows. Its like you are arguing some unwritten rules you came up with or something.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2007, 08:52:16 PM »

This is a guns n roses board, would you be surprised to find out that VR fans on this board love hearing Gnr songs? 

I didn't say VR fans on this site did I?

/jarmo

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2007, 08:58:02 PM »

This is a guns n roses board, would you be surprised to find out that VR fans on this board love hearing Gnr songs? 

/jarmo

Anyways , I just read the topic title and wow are we off anyways  beer for VR at KRQQ
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2007, 09:27:05 PM »

/jarmo

Anyways , I just read the topic title and wow are we off anyways  beer for VR at KRQQ

Says the homophobe who brought up GN'R.

beer

/jarmo

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2007, 09:46:14 PM »

/jarmo

Says the homophobe who brought up GN'R.

beer

/jarmo

Once again fuck you Jarmo , read through the topic did I bring GNR up? NO i talked about it but didn't bring it up.  I try to make the board better by tracking back to the subject at hand and you fucking insult me. Your childish and immature.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:49:15 PM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2007, 09:49:06 PM »

Your childish and immature and you wonder why your board is a shit hole.

Ah! Now I know why you stick around then.

It's like coming home for you isn't it?

Oh, and just to prove to you that I can be serious and act like an adult: Fuck you!

/jarmo

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2007, 09:50:54 PM »

Your childish and immature and you wonder why your board is a shit hole.

Ah! Now I know why you stick around then.

It's like coming home for you isn't it?

/jarmo

Yup ,  care to keep antagonizing me? It's pretty pointless.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2007, 09:53:50 PM »

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2007, 09:54:19 PM »

Why do you think you have been warned like five times already?

Is it because you're such a grown up? Noooo....

Is it because you're too stupid to understand our rules: Yeeeeees.

/jarmo

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2007, 09:56:44 PM »

Why do you think you have been warned like five times already?

Is it because you're such a grown up? Noooo....

Is it because you're too stupid to understand our rules: Yeeeeees.

/jarmo

Why haven't you been warned for name calling and being a dick? Because you are a moderator , it doesn't make you above anything but of course you don't get penalized. After I try to get the subject back , you insult me? You decide to provoke another argument and for what?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: