Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 58138 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »

Axl's GNR with all the classic GNR elements? The only thing that is the same is the voice, the guitar, bass, and drumming style are vastly different and there is an influx of other sound effects. Anyways I believe we were talking about the Montreal show.  yes ?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2007, 04:24:39 PM »

I like how you guys take the stupid comments of one or two posters in EVERY SINGLE THREAD in this section and use it to drill VR and it's fans over and over... instead of making comments relevant to the people who are being level-headed about the whole situation (you know? the ones who aren't reacting like it's the end of the world that a fucking band changed it's mind about what songs it's going to play live on tour).

Oh please.

I remember how I personally really wanted to like the first Snakepit album because Slash was on it. A GN'R member made a new album. I wanted to like it and I wanted to support it.

Same thing with Duff's solo album in 1993.

Then after a while you realize it's not really all that great....

I see the same kind of mentality in some posters here that I had at that time.

They want to like VR, so anything they do is just amazing.

You're a Slash fan for example, so you have to love VR. Even though the quality of what he's doing isn't even near the quality of the material that made you become a fan in the first place.

It's the same with all bands.

Before you say that I'm like that with GN'R, I can assure you that I don't have to force myself to like it. I hear the new songs and it sounds like an updated GN'R with all the classic ingredients that I always liked.

With VR, I hear it and I start thinking about STP.

/jarmo

So you can tell us since we are "slash" fans we must like VR , but can't say that about you HAHAHA

listen you are an axl fan , an axl is 110% right fan. Better sounds like axl's poor attempt at creating a song for the masses , not to mention whats up with the stupid keyboard fill , a misplaced technically amazing solo , and of course a GNR song can't be GNR without the other guitarist attempting to be slash and do another solo!!! Your mentality is the exact fucking same

Anything GNR do is just amazing to you , even though the quality of material Axl's is doing is no where near as good as what he did with slash and co. You say its the same with all bands but then say Oh no not me though , as if.

Anyways I think the words of Slash can sum this up pretty well for all you assholes that seem to want to keep fucking poking around and starting shit

"So when we're doing our stuff, I think more people probably look into it a little deeper than we're actually looking at it. It's just fun and it's something that we have every right to play 'cause we wrote it."
 beer
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2007, 04:30:14 PM »

At this point the only guitarist that has come anywhere near slash is Ron , I've never seen a guitarist with as much emotion and connection as Slash in his music. Did it ever occur to you that Slash made the guitar parts genius? There is no irony

Oh, there's plenty of irony

Like giving Slash the lion's share of the credit for a song he had no part in writing and allegedly didn't even like or want to record
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2007, 04:32:57 PM »

At this point the only guitarist that has come anywhere near slash is Ron , I've never seen a guitarist with as much emotion and connection as Slash in his music. Did it ever occur to you that Slash made the guitar parts genius? There is no irony

Like giving Slash the lion's share of the credit for a song he had no part in writing and allegedly didn't even like or want to record

OMFG DUDE you where there with the band , OMG what else did Slash not want to record? I heard he also had NO PART in writing ANYTHING off AFD that it was all Tracii Guns?!??!! IS THIS TRUE TELL ME

Yea fucking right dude why in the hell am I going to believe a random fan telling me he had NO part in writing a song , and "allegedly" learn what that means its an allegation , doesn't mean its true. But then again you where there with the band because you know this stuff!!! Roll Eyes

EDIT: Also according to your sig Matt Sorum is a former employee ( im not going to contest that ) so do you think that Thal , Robin and such are also just "employees" ?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »

Oh please.

I remember how I personally really wanted to like the first Snakepit album because Slash was on it. A GN'R member made a new album. I wanted to like it and I wanted to support it.

You're a Slash fan for example, so you have to love VR. Even though the quality of what he's doing isn't even near the quality of the material that made you become a fan in the first place.

Before you say that I'm like that with GN'R, I can assure you that I don't have to force myself to like it. I hear the new songs and it sounds like an updated GN'R with all the classic ingredients that I always liked.

I understand that there are some people who do this... they try to "force" themselves into liking the music because of who's performing it.

I like Stone Temple Pilots. ?Scott is probably the reason I'm into this band, I never really cared for Snakepit or Neurotic Outsiders... I haven't taken the time to listen to Izzy's solo records (though I suspect I might actually like them), but I never tried to force myself into liking them. ?Is it that hard to believe that a GN'R fan might also like STP and enjoy a band that sounds like that? ?Maybe it is hard to believe for you because "STP was only popular in North America"....

I don't force myself to like the new GN'R either... I think songs like Silkworms, Oh My God, Rhiad and the Bedouins and Chinese Democracy (until recently) are really weak. ?There are also some new songs that are amazing.

However, that wasn't really my point. ?I used your quote of VR being labelled better than GN'R as an example of how some of you "VR haters" will take a comment by one stupid poster who IS labelling VR better out of spite, apply it to the rest of us (or focus in on it), and hang around this section arguing pointless BS.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2007, 04:36:44 PM »

I like how you guys take the stupid comments of one or two posters in EVERY SINGLE THREAD in this section and use it to drill VR and it's fans over and over... instead of making comments relevant to the people who are being level-headed about the whole situation (you know? the ones who aren't reacting like it's the end of the world that a fucking band changed it's mind about what songs it's going to play live on tour).

Oh please.

/jarmo

So you can tell us since we are "slash" fans we must like VR , but can't say that about you HAHAHA

listen you are an axl fan , an axl is 110% right fan. Better sounds like axl's poor attempt at creating a song for the masses , not to mention whats up with the stupid keyboard fill , a misplaced technically amazing solo , and of course a GNR song can't be GNR without the other guitarist attempting to be slash and do another solo!!! Your mentality is the exact fucking same

Anything GNR do is just amazing to you , even though the quality of material Axl's is doing is no where near as good as what he did with slash and co. You say its the same with all bands but then say Oh no not me though , as if.

Anyways I think the words of Slash can sum this up pretty well for all you assholes that seem to want to keep fucking poking around and starting shit

"So when we're doing our stuff, I think more people probably look into it a little deeper than we're actually looking at it. It's just fun and it's something that we have every right to play 'cause we wrote it."
 beer

First off, Slash has openly admitted he did not want to do "Sweet Child O' Mine" and that if it weren't for Axl, that song would never have gotten done. ?Second, "Better" is about learning from a failed relationship, coming to grips with what happened, and moving on now that you know "better". ?To say that Robin is trying to be like Slash is ridiculous. ?Slash is not the only guitarist in the world who can play melodically and with feeling during solos. ?Listen to the solo in "Catcher In The Rye". ?Are you gonna say that Brian May is trying to be like Slash there?

Ali
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

Oh please.

/jarmo

beer

First off, Slash has openly admitted he did not want to do "Sweet Child O' Mine" and that if it weren't for Axl, that song would never have gotten done.  Second, "Better" is about learning from a failed relationship, coming to grips with what happened, and moving on now that you know "better".  To say that Robin is trying to be like Slash is ridiculous.  Slash is not the only guitarist in the world who can play melodically and with feeling during solos.  Listen to the solo in "Catcher In The Rye".  Are you gonna say that Brian May is trying to be like Slash there?

Ali

Wait this song is Patience right? YEA not Sweet Child , as if Axl didn't contest material either. If you guys haven't been in a band you have NO idea what creative process goes down. Its not the feeling its the style, its imitation.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »

OMFG DUDE you where there with the band , OMG what else did Slash not want to record? I heard he also had NO PART in writing ANYTHING off AFD that it was all Tracii Guns?!??!! IS THIS TRUE TELL ME

Yea fucking right dude why in the hell am I going to believe a random fan telling me he had NO part in writing a song , and "allegedly" learn what that means its an allegation , doesn't mean its true. But then again you where there with the band because you know this stuff!!! Roll Eyes

Seems you missed the point.  First of all, Izzy wrote Patience.  Slash did not write it, that's not an allegation, it's a well known fact.  But you insist on giving Slash the credit for Patience for some reason.  He didn't write the song.  I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you like a little kid who just found out Santa Clause doesn't exist, but it's the truth so you should accept it and move forward

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/releases/gnrlies/patience.html

Second, it was Axl that said Slash wanted nothing to do with Patience, not me.  I'll believe his word over yours on what went down behind the scenes, any day of the week.  It's impossible for to prove this so I added "allegedly" on there in order to avoid one of you guys complaining about me stating it like a fact, but I guess I shouldn't have bothered
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2007, 04:43:54 PM »

Seems you missed the point.  First of all, Izzy wrote Patience.  Slash did not write it, that's not an allegation, it's a well known fact.  But you insist on giving Slash the credit for Patience for some reason.  He didn't write the song.  I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you like a little kid who just found out Santa Clause doesn't exist, but it's the truth so you should accept it and move forward

Second, it was Axl that said Slash wanted nothing to do with Patience, not me.  I'll believe his word over yours on what went down behind the scenes, any day of the week.  It's impossible for to prove this so I added "allegedly" on there in order to avoid one of you guys complaining about me stating it like a fact, but I guess I shouldn't have bothered

Slash didn't write ANY guitar part right? You know this stuff. I didn't say he wrote the song i said GUITAR parts. Oh yes because ALL axl's speaks is law around here hahahah , ok thats fucking great Axl said that about an Ex-memeber who he doesn't care for.  In the end.....

O BTW what the fuck am I arguing about , NONE OF THE NEW GUNS N ROSES WROTE MOST OF THE MATERIAL THEY ARE PLAYING ( which is also a fact ) , but thats fine right? It's ok for Ron and Robin and all the others to play GNR songs , but NOT for Slash and Duff OH NO get real.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »

Oh please.

/jarmo

beer

First off, Slash has openly admitted he did not want to do "Sweet Child O' Mine" and that if it weren't for Axl, that song would never have gotten done.? Second, "Better" is about learning from a failed relationship, coming to grips with what happened, and moving on now that you know "better".? To say that Robin is trying to be like Slash is ridiculous.? Slash is not the only guitarist in the world who can play melodically and with feeling during solos.? Listen to the solo in "Catcher In The Rye".? Are you gonna say that Brian May is trying to be like Slash there?

Ali

Wait this song is Patience right? YEA not Sweet Child , as if Axl didn't contest material either. If you guys haven't been in a band you have NO idea what creative process goes down. Its not the feeling its the style, its imitation.

You said, what else did Slash not want to record, there is an example.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »

Slash didn't write ANY guitar part right? You know this stuff. I didn't say he wrote the song i said GUITAR parts

If he was a part of the writing process, he would be a credited writer on the song

The credited writers are the people who write the music and the lyrics.  In the case of Patience, Izzy wrote both the music and the lyrics.  If Slash wrote parts for the song then Izzy wouldn't be the lone credited writer now would he?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2007, 04:47:53 PM »

Slash didn't write ANY guitar part right? You know this stuff. I didn't say he wrote the song i said GUITAR parts

If he was a part of the writing process, he would be a credited writer on the song

The credited writers are the people who write the music and the lyrics.  In the case of Patience, Izzy wrote both the music and the lyrics.  If Slash wrote parts for the song then Izzy wouldn't be the lone credited writer now would he?

Yup you're right I forgot Izzy wrote the guitar solo's as well , Slash made his own part in the song. I DOUBT Izzy wrote the entire song complete with solo's fills and all.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2007, 04:50:19 PM »

Yup you're right I forgot Izzy wrote the guitar solo's as well , Slash made his own part in the song. I DOUBT Izzy wrote the entire song complete with solo's fills and all.

Slash plays guitar on the song.  It doesn't mean he wrote it.  There's a distinction there that you don't seem to understand. 

He also played guitar on LALD and KOHD.  Do you think he wrote those songs too?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »

Slash plays guitar on the song.  It doesn't mean he wrote it.  There's a distinction there that you don't seem to understand. 

Want to get sarcastic dip shit where did I say he wrote it? I said guitar parts GUITAR PARTS

need to be slowed down

g-u-i-t-a-r ( A six stringed instrument of which Slash plays ) parts.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2007, 04:59:41 PM »

Want to get sarcastic dip shit where did I say he wrote it? I said guitar parts GUITAR PARTS

need to be slowed down

g-u-i-t-a-r ( A six stringed instrument of which Slash plays ) parts.

If you write a song on the guitar, you get credited for it.  If someone else writes a song on the guitar by themselves and you come in later and play guitar or or piano or whatever else over what they've already done, you didn't "write" the song which is what you claimed Slash did. 

The person who writes the lyrics isn't the only person that gets credit for writing the song.  Let's go step by step again.  Izzy wrote the song on his guitar.  He wrote the lyrics to the song.  Slash came in after the fact and played guitar on a song that Izzy had already written.  You claimed Slash wrote the song.  You were wrong

I'm dealing with facts here, you're dealing with opinions.  No matter how bad you wish Slash wrote the music of Patience, he didn't.  Izzy did
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »

O BTW what the fuck am I arguing about , NONE OF THE NEW GUNS N ROSES WROTE MOST OF THE MATERIAL THEY ARE PLAYING ( which is also a fact ) , but thats fine right? It's ok for Ron and Robin and all the others to play GNR songs , but NOT for Slash and Duff OH NO get real.

Get this through your head already: They're Guns N' Roses, they play songs recorded and released by Guns N' Roses.

Just like Alice In Chains isn't doing songs by the Spice Girls because they're still called Alice In Chains.

Are you really not getting it already?

You don't buy a ticket for GN'R and think they won't play the old hits.

You owe me for this. Just like every artists owes you an album.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »

Slash wrote the guitar melodies and solos on "Estranged" and "November Rain" and he didn't get credited as a songwriter.

So, Slash not getting songwriting credits for writing solos was standard in GN'R.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2007, 05:02:58 PM »

Axl's GNR with all the classic GNR elements? The only thing that is the same is the voice, the guitar, bass, and drumming style are vastly different and there is an influx of other sound effects. Anyways I believe we were talking about the Montreal show.  yes ?

The voice is there, the great lyrics, great guitar sounds.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2007, 05:05:26 PM »

Get this through your head already: They're Guns N' Roses, they play songs recorded and released by Guns N' Roses.

Just like Alice In Chains isn't doing songs by the Spice Girls because they're still called Alice In Chains.

Are you really not getting it already?

You don't buy a ticket for GN'R and think they won't play the old hits.

You owe me for this. Just like every artists owes you an album.  rofl

/jarmo

But the argument here is Slash didn't write it , why should he be playing it in a new band. NEWSFLASH Izzy isn't in gnr anymore and they still play Patience but thats alright. Alice in chains is a majority of the original line up , unlike Axl and gang. Point is why is it such a FUCKING BIG DEAL for slash to play on those songs jesus christ.

EDIT: Also Ali yes thats what i'm saying but according to Shotgunblues , Slash didn't write anything on Patience because thats what the Lies Booklet says!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2007, 05:08:58 PM »

Slash should get more credit.  Izzy's simple chord structure with nothing else if very bland, but put creative Slash solo's all over it and you have great music.  Basically, that is all izzy did, strummed chords and said... hmm  Slash, you should do a solo hear and steal the show... Ha!  I agree Chords to songs and Lyrics count as writing, but the other members add so much to the song that they should be mentioned. But the music industry doesn't do that. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: