Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:31:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 58266 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2007, 11:00:53 PM »

^^^^^Thanks for splainin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByGCYJXAz8&NR=1 

Cool intro into Set me Free
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2007, 11:02:31 PM »

^^^^^Thanks for splainin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByGCYJXAz8&NR=1 

Cool intro into Set me Free

Wow the man still has it no doubt , reminds me of '92 video. I can't wait to see them in September!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2007, 11:05:16 PM »

I think Slash is saying fuck it now.. He is going back to Snakepit/GNR style of no longer holding back... Way to go Slash!  Rock the fuck out!  Maybe Scott is buying into "let Slash be Slash" or something..  I love this, makes me so ready for show!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »

I think Slash is saying fuck it now.. He is going back to Snakepit/GNR style of no longer holding back... Way to go Slash!  Rock the fuck out!  Maybe Scott is buying into "let Slash be Slash" or something..  I love this, makes me so ready for show!

Yea well I guess now they feel a lot more comfortable as a band , as a unit , so he doesn't worry he just lets it all out.  beer Me neither!!!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2007, 12:11:23 AM »

patience, no fucking way, badass

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2007, 12:15:10 AM »

Well i am not going to fight but i like the gnr Patience then V/R but they did ok

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2007, 01:22:56 AM »

Axl said CD would be out in '02.

Patience?

Maybe next leg they can add Paradise City. I heard it's a great way to end a show.

/jarmo

why not.sure velvet revolver is more gnr than than the new gnr are.its axl with a BUNCH OF HIRED MUSICANS that could get the sac any minute,hence the word NEW gnr.ha wouldnt mind see vr do paradice city.actually a few months back slash duff and matt played on camp freddy with the singer from linkin park,thay played paradise city and it was way better than any version the new gnr have done.awsome set list by velvet revolver.cant wait to see them live again with the new album of fresh material.

1- VR has nothing to do with Guns N' Roses. No need to make stupid comparations. You can always go to the VR forum to express your frustrations.

2- You're saying that the PC version played by VR members with the...ehmm... linkin park singer was ''way'' better than any version GNR have done (I wont use the ''new'' prefix 'cause I'm a GNR fan and I dont like to mutilate that glorious name) in 2006-2007? You must be fucking kidding me. I would bet my life you haven't heard any GNR bootleg, or you're definitely deaf, or you're just provoking GNR fans with that kind of stupid comment. Because it's not a matter of subjectivity: we can argue about both instrumental bases (I still think GNR sounds way better, fresher, tighter and a lot more aggresive than VR but that's just my point of view) but if you say you prefer a song sang by Chester Bennington rather than the same song singed by Axl Rose, one of his creators, you're just being hypocrite or you're not a GNR fan.

Everyone always forgets Dizzy...Axl and Dizzy, two original members.

no dizzy is not a original member.check ur facts before u post.

Dizzy could not be an original member, but Axl is. Do I need to remember you that there are no original GNR members in VR?

The original band is the Appetite lineup

Sorry. But you're WRONG.

Do you know the meaning of the word ''original''? GNR was born without Slash/Duff, and obviously without Matt.

You can say that the GNR original lineup did nothing, you can say no-one knows who's Tracii Guns or Ole Beich, you can thank God that that lineup broke up and GNR found Slash and his ''killer guitar melodies''

But you cant say that Duff/Slash are included in the GNR original lineup, simply because that's a  tremendous lie.

They can play Izzy songs if they want and VR can play all the GNR songs they want cause 2 members Duff and Slash had a lot to do with it.

Duff and west wrote Its So easy so one could argue Axl is covering a Duff song

Izzy wrote the lyrics to Brownstone if Im not mistaken and I think Slash did a lot of the guitar shit, so really Slash and Duff have just as much right as Axl to use it.

Paradise City if they WANTED to do it is OK also cause Slash and Duff wrote a HUGE part of that song as well

one more question:

HOW THE FUCK DO U COVER YOURSELF?

Thats as fuckin stupid as back some years ago when the record label tried to sue John Fogerty for Plagarising himself.

It's quite simple man: the band that ended a tremendous mexican/australian/asian tour the last month is Guns N' Roses. It's So Easy, Brownstone and PC are Guns N' Roses songs. Axl participated in the creation of PC and Brownstone but not in ISE. When Duff and West Arkeen wrote that song, they did it for GNR. Conclussion: Mr Brownstone is a Guns N' Roses song that belongs to Guns N' Roses and no-other artist. Wings playing ''Let It Be'' is a cover, doesnt matter that Paul McCartney wrote the song: the song belongs to the The Beatles catalogue, now and forever.

Its So Easy belongs to Guns N' Roses. Duff and Slash are not Guns N' Roses anymore. The band that performed in Japan in July is. That's how things are, for good or bad, and I will never understand why this is so hard to understand for a lot of VR fans.

So you don't have any problems with them adding more covers to their set even though the lead guitarist clearly has stated they'd do otherwise?

You seem like one of those "objective" fans who see things the "way they are", but yet this doesn't cause any reaction from you.

I just wonder why.....

/jarmo

Axl said he would'nt play Don't cry anymore but he did... Slash said they wouldn't play more Guns songs. People changes their mind, you seem like one of those "objective" fans to.

I just wonder why......

I think its quite different, and I agree with chineseblues that I have never found any proof that Axl really said that.

if Axl said that, it was supposed to happen in 1992, right? Well, he can have changed his mind 15 years later.

Slash says a million things, then he said the exact opposite 3 days later. Sometimes I think he's a pathological liar. I dont care. I really dont give a shit about Slash constant lies and contradictions. I just do care when he does cheap shots at Axl or GNR. I think also that this forum should NOT be the place to post those cheap shots, but curiously, the more Slash talks about GNR, the more activity in the VR section of this site.

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_GVwvlj4wY

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDiUXePoRE

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiBapfAhXRg

Jesuschrist, horrible. Sometimes I wonder if Slash and Duff dont realise that Weiland is ruining all the songs they've helped writing. Terrible...

01- I am upset at your lack of respect for us.

02- I AM a GNR fan and a VR fan (yes you can be fans of both) and many people probably are.

03- I was a huge fan of the original GNR lineup and I am a fan of the Nu GNR

And I'm sick at your lack of respect for US, the GNR fans. How can you talk about respect and how can you say you're a GNR fan while destroying the name of the band that way? NuGNR my ass.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2007, 02:25:21 AM »

Listen to Hollywood Rose and then THANK GOD Axl found SLash,Duff,Izzy etc

The Original GNR is the Appetite lineup

To say otherwise is simply being full of shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2007, 03:05:35 AM »

Izzy was in hollywood rose.

The Appetite lineup was not the original band members.  They may be the definitive lineup that made GnR huge, but they weren't the first version of the band.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2007, 03:23:28 AM »

Who played on Live Like A Suicide?

Thats the original band.

Do u know who was in the Original Bon Jovi going by your warped criteria?

Only Jon

SO are u telling me he is the ONLY Original member of Bon Jovi?

U guys are really fuckin reaching and its exactly what I was talkin about in the Admin Section

Fans tryin to discredit the old members as if Axl has used various musicians his whole career under the GNR name so its ok now with an entirely new group.

Whatever makes u feel better but u are dillusional if u think Slash and CO. aren't ORIGINAL MEMBERS.

Go by the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame standards for inductions:

U think Tracii Guns is getting in? NO FUCKIN WAY

The Original band is recognized as Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy,and Steven.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:27:01 AM by D » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2007, 03:36:53 AM »

I listened to GNR's inland invasion again and why do they have to be so SLOPPY on the guitar parts. Just play the fuckin song already.

Thats what drives me crazy about the new members. Improv etc all u want on your songs but U CANT MAKE NOVEMBER RAIN better than it is, so just play it note for note, SCOM is PERFECT, U can't change that solo any. Robin's phrasing and tone are just sloppy

Slash is Sloppy awesome/cool, Robin's annoys me especially when its like he is just doodling.

That solo on Inland is embarrassing just like the solo he'd do before SCOM in 2002 and don't get me started on Christina Aguilera. Nothing says cool like Christina Aguilera Roll Eyes

On a side note, Yeah Axl completely OWNS Scott in every way shape and form. Axl is ridiculously amazing since comin back in 06 even way better than the Illusion tours in my opinion.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2007, 03:44:57 AM »

Let me get this shit straight

Carrie Underwood covers GNR and u guys give her less grief than a band with 3/5th of the former members doing it?

WTF?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2007, 04:44:56 AM »

Who played on Live Like A Suicide?

Thats the original band.

Do u know who was in the Original Bon Jovi going by your warped criteria?

Only Jon

SO are u telling me he is the ONLY Original member of Bon Jovi?

U guys are really fuckin reaching and its exactly what I was talkin about in the Admin Section

Fans tryin to discredit the old members as if Axl has used various musicians his whole career under the GNR name so its ok now with an entirely new group.

Whatever makes u feel better but u are dillusional if u think Slash and CO. aren't ORIGINAL MEMBERS.

Go by the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame standards for inductions:

U think Tracii Guns is getting in? NO FUCKIN WAY

The Original band is recognized as Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy,and Steven.

i guess you didn't see the part where i said
They may be the definitive lineup that made GnR huge, but they weren't the first version of the band.

so i'm not taking away anything from their accomplishments.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2007, 05:00:41 AM »

I can't believe all the really stupid fucking bashing shit going on for what is probably VR's greatest setlist to date! Shocked

Seems as though people will always see the negative, and I seem to keep forgetting that apparently it's some sort of crime to actually like BOTH VR and GN'R...

Anyway, I hope the setlist stays this cool by the time they tour Australia again. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »

Damn! the more I see of this tour the more it makes me wanna grab a plane and go see a show or two, You know I might actually go and do that since I've still got a couple of weeks of from work? peace
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2007, 07:01:13 AM »

So you don't have any problems with them adding more covers to their set even though the lead guitarist clearly has stated they'd do otherwise?

You seem like one of those "objective" fans who see things the "way they are", but yet this doesn't cause any reaction from you.

I just wonder why.....

/jarmo

Axl said he would'nt play Don't cry anymore but he did... Slash said they wouldn't play more Guns songs. People changes their mind, you seem like one of those "objective" fans to.

I just wonder why......

I think its quite different, and I agree with chineseblues that I have never found any proof that Axl really said that.

if Axl said that, it was supposed to happen in 1992, right? Well, he can have changed his mind 15 years later.

Slash says a million things, then he said the exact opposite 3 days later. Sometimes I think he's a pathological liar. I dont care. I really dont give a shit about Slash constant lies and contradictions. I just do care when he does cheap shots at Axl or GNR. I think also that this forum should NOT be the place to post those cheap shots, but curiously, the more Slash talks about GNR, the more activity in the VR section of this site.

Ok I admitted in my post after that, that I may have been wrong. But the point is that Jarmo can be objective to. I'm a fan of the music by my favourite band Guns n Roses and I want to hear more of it. I find it strange that people like Jarmo just can't be happy that they get's some great music played on a concert. Now they can listen to that version to and if they don't like it then they just don't need to listen to it. It don't really mather if Slash said that they wouldn't play more Guns because it's just great that they did, I love to hear good music! I realy love Slash's playing because I'm a fan of this song that I heard the first time on a cd.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2007, 07:12:40 AM »

I am a GNR fan, cause I call the nu GNR the nu GNR or Axl's GNR doesn't mean I'm a fan. I do like to distinguish the new lineup from the old. To me when they play the GNR tunes they are as much of a cover band as VR and I know I'll get jumped all over to say that. Just as Scott isn't as good as Axl on most of the songs he sing (although he does do a really good job), the nu-GNRs guitarists come no where close to Slash and Izzy (or Gilby) IMO. Does  that mean they shouldn't cover those songs? No, they should play them, they are a part of Axl's history and they should be proud and honored to play them, but that isn't my concept of what GNR was and how the songs that I feel in love with 20 years ago sounded, hense the name nu GNR. I'm an objective fan, I don't feel the need to kiss Axl's or Slash's ass. I think both have made some mistakes and mislead fans at times, but the bottom line is that both of them are also in the media spotlight and have had both of their words twisted as well by the media and by fans. No matter what I still enjoy the music from BOTH bands.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »

their fucking great live.....you should see them....seen them 5xs and this sat will make 6 hihi

yea i'm sure its a cool show, and tickets are only like 50 bucks.? ?i have no doubt i'd enjoy a VR show, even if I'm not big on some of the material.

Most of their stuff is much better to experience it live than it is on CD
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2007, 09:15:20 AM »

Izzy was in hollywood rose.

The Appetite lineup was not the original band members.? They may be the definitive lineup that made GnR huge, but they weren't the first version of the band.

well, ask any casual fan who the original lead guitarist of GnR was and I bett 100% say Salsh, not Traci Guns hihi
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2007, 09:26:43 AM »

dude that shit last night does not even come close to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nNeRs_jPo

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Slash's solo may be more true to the album version, but I honestly prefer what Robin does here.   He makes it his own and in a way that still does justice to the original.

you don't know me D.  I am even considering going to see VR when they hit Vegas next month!  did you know that?  ok

Jim Bob, you are a great GNR fan, but, Fink did not improve that solo at all, and, as usual, it was an improv mess for him...  Nice, but not well constructed like Slash's.

You're joking right? Slash's solo there was a meandering mess. I don't think he really knew what the hell he was trying to do.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: