Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:16:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 58091 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »

Also, you choose to call another another poster "a fucking liar". If that's not an insult then I don't know what is (it might be true, for all I know, but it's still an insult) - again, violation of your own forum rules.

If you make up lies about me, I'll call you a fucking liar because that's what you are.

It's the VR fans who keep bringing up GN'R. Go figure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »

that's a decent cover, thx for posting.
weiland is ok on this one, a relax version.

maybe i'm wrong, but it sounds as an answer to axl who performed don't cry.

i've read all these topic, and others, and the fact is all these guys are gunners
(minus scott of course, who has a difficult role here, cause no one pretend singing
as axl, but it does his job in is own way (the most part of the time without too much savour imho)

so of course we compare their work, that's inevitable. i have personally no problem
to argue with hardcove VR fans, with respect. i think the guys have more respect for
each others than the fans have for other fans.

i suppose it's because we all have a little passion yeeaaaaaaaaaah  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2007, 09:16:44 PM »

dude that shit last night does not even come close to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nNeRs_jPo

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Slash's solo may be more true to the album version, but I honestly prefer what Robin does here.   He makes it his own and in a way that still does justice to the original.

I prefer Slash guitar playing, it so fucking awesome! His tone is perfect. I also think Matt is doing the best drumfills sound pretty much like the old guns. Axl's voice is still the best on earth but Scott makes a fucking great job when he's not messing with the melodies. I would love to see some proshot on VR doing Patience.

Robin dose a great job on his solo to but I prefer Slash  peace
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2007, 09:18:44 PM »

their fucking great live.....you should see them....seen them 5xs and this sat will make 6 hihi

yea i'm sure its a cool show, and tickets are only like 50 bucks.   i have no doubt i'd enjoy a VR show, even if I'm not big on some of the material.

James Robert, you must see them!  I think you really do like certain parts of VR!  Maybe a good live show will show u something more to like. 

if my girl wants to go we are going, its up to her.  shes not a big VR fan but she does like AIC and she does like going to the strip anytime there is an excuse to go.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »

Maybe Scott and Axl could do a duet and we could get past all the hate!!!! ?I think it is cool they played the song. ?I had to travel to Detroit and Vegas to see GNR in 02..... ?GNR is not on tour now. ?So this will carry me till they tour the Southeast US again. ?

VR is an excellent live act with a killer set list.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2007, 09:20:23 PM »

The point is someone has made it their personal vandeta to minimize VR on this board and that is sad...like I said time and time again, it is your site and that's fine. I think it's the only site that I frequent that has choosen to purposefully put down and belittle another band. I agree this is a GNR board and that should be the priority, but there was no harm in having the VR section the way it was.

You are trying to create friction between VR and GNR fans when there is no need to have friction and people can like both bands. I will buy Chinesse Democracy when it comes out (if I'm still alive) and will go see GNR in concert, the same as I support VR.

We can co-exist   peace

Nothing is minimized. The VR section doesn't generate the traffic here and I'm not gonna try to get that kind of traffic either.

Talking of putting others down and belittling. That's what VR are doing in most of their interviews.  Roll Eyes

Go visit the VR forum and see how high up GN'R are listed.

It's under "Other Music" even thought 3/5 of the band have a history in GN'R. Is that something that offends you?

You're the same person who says many VR fans love both bands. Doesn't it upset you that they are putting down GN'R by putting them all the way down with "Other Music". The section dedicated to bands like Poison and My Chemical Romance is higher up than GN'R.

Are you upset?

Edit: It's not like it's hidden or you need to click more times to get here. It clearly says Velvet Revolver with a link to this section on the index page.  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:39:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2007, 09:23:14 PM »

Maybe Scott and Axl could do a duet and we could get past all the hate!!!!  I think it is cool they played the song.  I had to travel to Detroit and Vegas to see GNR in 02.....  GNR is not on tour now.  So this will carry me till they tour the Southeast US again. 

well shes not a gnr fan either, she likes slash way more than axl.  rofl

but yea i'm sure its a cool live show.  probably a good time.  i dont expect much but getting to see Slash and Duff tear it up is always a good thing.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »

Actually the VR board I vist have GNR as their own section and it does get a fair amount of traffic, probably not as much traffic as your VR section here gets but it's up to date and most people post accurate and reliable information and don't talk shit about them like some talk about VR on this site. It has actually now replaced this board as my favorite board to visit just cause this one is now targetted and not objective and these arguments are so childish. The other board encourages freedom of speech but yet demands members are respectful. Swearing (even by the webmaster) is not tolerated. And this might be a new concept to you, thrashing of GNR on a VR website is not encouraged or even tolerated....wow what a novel concept. I just can't believe the changes that have happened here over the last 1/2 a year. I had never posted here before and was a silent observer but now I've started to speak up a bit cause this is somewhat insane.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »

Maybe Scott and Axl could do a duet and we could get past all the hate!!!!? I think it is cool they played the song.? I had to travel to Detroit and Vegas to see GNR in 02.....? GNR is not on tour now.? So this will carry me till they tour the Southeast US again.?

well shes not a gnr fan either, she likes slash way more than axl.? rofl

but yea i'm sure its a cool live show.? probably a good time.? i dont expect much but getting to see Slash and Duff tear it up is always a good thing.

Whats wrong with that?

I like them about the same.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »

Maybe Scott and Axl could do a duet and we could get past all the hate!!!!  I think it is cool they played the song.  I had to travel to Detroit and Vegas to see GNR in 02.....  GNR is not on tour now.  So this will carry me till they tour the Southeast US again. 

well shes not a gnr fan either, she likes slash way more than axl.  rofl

but yea i'm sure its a cool live show.  probably a good time.  i dont expect much but getting to see Slash and Duff tear it up is always a good thing.

Whats wrong with that?

I like them about the same.

nothing, shes not a fan of either but she dispises axl.   its just a little ironic.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »

I had never posted here before and was a silent observer but now I've started to speak up a bit cause this is somewhat insane.

Yeah, it's insane how quick people forget the exciting years like 1998 and 2005.

Instead they come here to attack GN'R when everybody else is excited about a tour, a new interview or something similar.

The other board encourages freedom of speech..... Swearing (even by the webmaster) is not tolerated.

Good for them. So they claim to encourage freedom of speech while censoring certain words they find offensive.

If that's your definition of freedom of speech, good for you.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:42:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »

Maybe the can go real nostalgic and play SCOM since slash invented that song and probably convinced himself he wrote the lyrics

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »

i wouldnt mind hearing an instrumental version of Scom
music89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2007, 10:45:50 PM »

how long did Alice In Chains play for at this show, and also how long did VR play for, just want to figure this out so I could get my rides together for this saturday at Jones beach, btw, best fuckin version of Patience since the Lies CD came out
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2007, 10:48:42 PM »

btw, best fuckin version of Patience since the Lies CD came out

That's just..... Something.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »

dude that shit last night does not even come close to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nNeRs_jPo

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Slash's solo may be more true to the album version, but I honestly prefer what Robin does here.? ?He makes it his own and in a way that still does justice to the original.

you don't know me D.? I am even considering going to see VR when they hit Vegas next month!? did you know that?? ok

Jim Bob, you are a great GNR fan, but, Fink did not improve that solo at all, and, as usual, it was an improv mess for him...  Nice, but not well constructed like Slash's.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2007, 10:52:15 PM »

/jarmo

I dont understand if you don't like VR why do you come to this section?  I think it was a great version of the song , vocals aren't that bad and the band of course was good , love to hear slash do his acoustic stuff. Best version of the song far from it , but enjoyable none the less.

EDIT: Whoever posted the KRQQ version , he doesn't improve the solo to me seems like a simple imrpov over it , and slash like to me. But DAMN Axl's vocals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0ziXQIsQMbeer  ok
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:55:43 PM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2007, 10:56:25 PM »

/jarmo

I dont understand if you don't like VR why do you come to this section?? I think it was a great version of the song , vocals aren't that bad and the band of course was good , love to hear slash do his acoustic stuff. Best version of the song far from it , but enjoyable none the less.

EDIT: Whoever posted the KRQQ version , he doesn't improve the solo to me seems like a simple imrpov over it , and slash like to me. But DAMN Axl's vocals...

It was great to hear them play that song!  I loved it.. Scott sounded great (not Axl great) but a better singer on this song than Robin is when he plays it if that makes sense.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2007, 10:58:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fc7i1yugKw

Another clip from the other side of the stage.  The sound is awesome..
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »

/jarmo

I dont understand if you don't like VR why do you come to this section?  I think it was a great version of the song , vocals aren't that bad and the band of course was good , love to hear slash do his acoustic stuff. Best version of the song far from it , but enjoyable none the less.

It was great to hear them play that song!  I loved it.. Scott sounded great (not Axl great) but a better singer on this song than Robin is when he plays it if that makes sense.

Scott did the song more justice vocal wise than robin did guitar wise ,  beer agreed
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: