Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 58170 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_GVwvlj4wY

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDiUXePoRE

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiBapfAhXRg

thanks for posting, so it wasn't scott who whistled hihi he should learn the melody, cool anyway yes

that was just putrid.? awful vocals.? ?

I hate fuckin hypocrisy

U guys can bitch all u want about supposed VR only fans talkin shit in the GNR section but U guys spend more time in the VR section than I do and I am a HUGE VR fan.

For the record on ISE and Patience *the regular parts not the wailing parts*, I think Scott sounds amazingly similiar to Axl.

Slash's solo is the best solo in it I've heard since he last did it on the Illusion tours.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »

I hate fuckin hypocrisy

U guys can bitch all u want about supposed VR only fans talkin shit in the GNR section but U guys spend more time in the VR section than I do and I am a HUGE VR fan.

For fuck's sake!

#1 - This is a Guns N' Roses site.
#2 - It's not required for Guns N' Rose fans to like Velvet Revolver.
#3 - Some GN'R fans do, some don't.
#4 - People who come to a Gn'R site to talk shit about GN'R are obviously on the wrong fucking site in the first place.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2007, 08:18:23 PM »

I agree but why do GNR fans come to the VR section to start and talk shit?

Isn't it kind of the same thing u despise happening in the GNR section?

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2007, 08:19:26 PM »

Since you quoted me D i wonder if you by guys mean me too? if so what the fuck are you talking about?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »

Since you quoted me D i wonder if you by guys mean me too? if so what the fuck are you talking about?

Sorry CheapJon

was talkin directly to Jim Bob about his Scott hating.  His vocals are awesome on that boot.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2007, 08:20:43 PM »

I hate fuckin hypocrisy

For fuck's sake!

#1 - This is a Guns N' Roses site.
#2 - It's not required for Guns N' Rose fans to like Velvet Revolver.
#3 - Some GN'R fans do, some don't.
#4 - People who come to a Gn'R site to talk shit about GN'R are obviously on the wrong fucking site in the first place.

/jarmo

well, was it Guns N Roses that played in Montreal or Velvet Revolver because the topic seems to be about the Montreal show VR played and your talking about talking shit about GnR who were not in Montreal......so why would you want to tak sht about GnR in this topic ?? Huh
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

Cause VR played another "GNR" song in concert even though the guys who played it had just as much to do with its creation as Axl.

There are some songs VR can't play live.

November Rain *cant do it*
Estranged *cant do it*
Sweet Child O Mine *cant Do it* Scott singing about Axl's ex wife would be weird*

To me songs like:

Its So easy
Brownstone
Patience

I have no problem with

I am not a big fan of Used To Love Her by either band as that has to be the corniest/Cheesiest GNR song ever.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2007, 08:43:44 PM »

so i'm not allowed to dislike VR's take on Patience?   

And if you think thats the best version of Patience since the Illusion tours you obviously weren't at the Hammerstein last year on May 17th when Izzy joined them.    Robin in particular did an amazing job on the guitar, and always has since he joined the band.

Scott has no place singing this song, in my opinion.  He makes up his own melodies and its annoying.   

I don't hate everything about VR.  I quite enjoy the song, Let it Roll.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »

Slash's solo is the best solo

Its more true to the album version and I dig the album version of the solo alot.

If u want to hear a horrible version of Patience check out Patience from RIR 3 or Patience where RObin or somebody fucked it up. ok

kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »

So Jarmo, why don't you adhere to the forum rules?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14144.0

Instead of just banning people who won't accept the rules, you choose to engage in a verbal fight. This is something that should be kept on PM level, according to the rules. Instead, you contribute to take the debate completely off topic. Totally understandable when you have the chance to simply explain in one post that "any more protests and you're out". ?Also, you choose to call another another poster "a fucking liar". If that's not an insult then I don't know what is (it might be true, for all I know, but it's still an insult) - again, violation of your own forum rules.

What's the point in having rules if you don't ban the people that violate them, and equally important, stick to them yourself? It just doesn't make any sense to me. If the thread is called "Montreal show" I want to read about the show and related issues ("subjects evolve, that's understandable"). What we have in large parts of this thread has nothing to do with the show. Cut the crap!

To the people who haven't yet opened their eyes: This is Jarmo's forum. If you want your rules to count, start your own fucking discussion forum. Jarmo owes us nothing, just the same as Axl doesn't owe us an album and VR doesn't owe us this or that song on the setlist. (Neither do any current or previous member of GNR owe us the truth through interviews or whatever, and they are free to change their mind whenever they want.)

What I do expect is that the owner of the forum adheres to his own set of rules. I suspect that Jarmo has just forgotten about them in the heat of the moment. I beg you, instead of ruining the threads with off-topic fights, take it on PM with the persons involved or simply kick them out.

Nothing in this post is untrue, so there is really no reason to discuss it further, but everyone should take this to heart.

NOW, BACK ON TOPIC: How was the show?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2007, 08:48:29 PM »

^ easy their dr. phill...........

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »

so i'm not allowed to dislike VR's take on Patience?? ?

And if you think thats the best version of Patience since the Illusion tours you obviously weren't at the Hammerstein last year on May 17th when Izzy joined them.? ? Robin in particular did an amazing job on the guitar, and always has since he joined the band.

Scott has no place singing this song, in my opinion.? He makes up his own melodies and its annoying.? ?

I don't hate everything about VR.? I quite enjoy the song, Let it Roll.

I think u do what Jarmo is talkin about in the "Fuck Off" thread.

U latch on to a song or two just so your opinion doesn't appear to be biased when it truly is biased as hell. U had your mind made up u were gonna hate "Patience" before u even opened the link. I know people like u and u cant fool me.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2007, 08:49:42 PM »

dude that shit last night does not even come close to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nNeRs_jPo

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Slash's solo may be more true to the album version, but I honestly prefer what Robin does here.   He makes it his own and in a way that still does justice to the original.

you don't know me D.  I am even considering going to see VR when they hit Vegas next month!  did you know that?  ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2007, 08:57:29 PM »

dude that shit last night does not even come close to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nNeRs_jPo

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Slash's solo may be more true to the album version, but I honestly prefer what Robin does here.? ?He makes it his own and in a way that still does justice to the original.

you don't know me D.? I am even considering going to see VR when they hit Vegas next month!? did you know that?? ok

their fucking great live.....you should see them....seen them 5xs and this sat will make 6 hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2007, 08:59:59 PM »

James Robert, I too, like D, love the raw version of patience VR did. ?I loved hearing those familiar backing vocals of duff we have all grown to love. ?Of course axl sings it better, but Scott did a great effort and at the end he sang with conviction. ?I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait to see them in October. ?Looks like a fun show!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2007, 09:01:10 PM »

their fucking great live.....you should see them....seen them 5xs and this sat will make 6 hihi

yea i'm sure its a cool show, and tickets are only like 50 bucks.   i have no doubt i'd enjoy a VR show, even if I'm not big on some of the material.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2007, 09:02:38 PM »

James Robert, I too, like D, love the raw version of patience VR did.  I loved hearing those familiar backing vocals of duff we have all grown to love.  Of course axl sings it better, but Scott did a great effort and at the end he sang with conviction.  I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait to see them in October.  Looks like a fun show!!!

to each his own yo.

I just don't think Scott is cut out to sing those songs.   I do enjoy their STP covers and don't think they are missing anything.  but when Scott Weiland sings a GnR song, something huge is missing and it jus rubs me the wrong way.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2007, 09:03:37 PM »

The point is someone has made it their personal vandeta to minimize VR on this board and that is sad...like I said time and time again, it is your site and that's fine. I think it's the only site that I frequent that has choosen to purposefully put down and belittle another band. I agree this is a GNR board and that should be the priority, but there was no harm in having the VR section the way it was.

You are trying to create friction between VR and GNR fans when there is no need to have friction and people can like both bands. I will buy Chinesse Democracy when it comes out (if I'm still alive) and will go see GNR in concert, the same as I support VR.

We can co-exist ? peace
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2007, 09:04:16 PM »

yea i'm sure its a cool show, and tickets are only like 50 bucks.? ?i have no doubt i'd enjoy a VR show, even if I'm not big on some of the material.

James Robert, you must see them! ?I think you really do like certain parts of VR! ?Maybe a good live show will show u something more to like. ?
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »

As for those dissing the VR version of Patience, remember Scott has not sung this song that often...the vocals will improve as he sings it more often just as Brownstone and It's So Easy have. I actually prefer Brownstone and It's So Easy by VR over the nu-GNR, but I prefer the classic GNR the most.

To each his own though. Some people will prefer the nu-GNR versions and I think that's great that we can be exposed to this great music more. I for one don't like Robin and Bumblefoot as much, I find their take on the songs cheapens it, but that's what makes us individual.

Now back to the topic...that was the BEST CONCERT I EVER SAW !!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: