Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 58341 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2007, 07:07:31 PM »

Ok... I give up. I?m wasting words on this and it seems useless... you don?t even try. Did you even bother reading what I write? Nevermind...  no

It's really hard to follow your rambling there.

Something about Axl posters and not despising the old members.

The funny thing is that just because I think some of them constantly say stupid shit and their music is boring doesn't mean I despise them. No matter what you tell yourself.

If the fact that I moved a section upsets you that much, I bet you get used to it over time.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:13:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2007, 07:16:54 PM »

Jarmo, I just don't understand why you post so much in the VR section, besides finding new ways to justify and rationalize your hate of the band, or should i say "dislike".  It'll make it a lot easier and calmer if you just let it be without fuelling more arguments over whether they deserve to cover GNR songs, or how much the new album sucks or how big of an asshole Weiland is.   All your doing is inciting the type of arguments that cause New GNR bashing to retort VR bashing, and its an endless cycle of dissing bands and musicians that many of us like and respect.  The 2 bands aren't mutually exclusive, one could, and many do, like both.  Whereas you feel that if one likes VR, therefore its a fact that they hate New GNR and should "Fuck off" and discuss VR on another board.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »

Ok... I give up. I?m wasting words on this and it seems useless... you don?t even try. Did you even bother reading what I write? Nevermind...  no

It's really hard to follow your rambling there.

Something about Axl posters and not despising the old members.

If the fact that I moved a section upsets you that much, I bet you can used to it over time.

/jarmo

Those three sentences above sum it all for me. That?s what I wanted to know. Thank you!  peace

It just came to my mind that it is completely useless to argue with you... it?s just a waste of time. You have all things formatted on your head and whatever others say, you automatically have your answer and don?t even, by a second, stop to contemplate other?s opinion. I thought I could handle this but I can?t... its way too overwhelming now to simply ignore it all. I?m done with this. It?s sad. To be completely honest I liked this place... a lot... until this point.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2007, 07:30:28 PM »

What's sad is that I made a decision based on things that have taken place and I presented the reasons, it was very clear why I did it and most people have no problem with that, except you.

You on the other hand make it personal. It's all about you and your posters and the kind of fan you are.

No consideration to the fact that the most popular section of this site is dedicated to GN'R or the fact that GN'R events generate the most traffic and excitement on this board.

None of that matters, what matters is that you are sad and you shouldn't have to feel guilty about posting about how much you love VR.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »

I am upset at your lack of respect for us. I AM a GNR fan and a VR fan (yes you can be fans of both) and many people probably are. I was a huge fan of the original GNR lineup and I am a fan of the Nu GNR (not as much so, but I still am). What was nice about this board (and that option is still somewhat there although you have to go through more steps) is that you could read the latest news on 2 of the bands you liked and followed from the same site. Whether you ?choose to admit it or not many GNR fans are interested in what VR is doing, as are many of the STP fans. There is nothing wrong with liking music from multiple bands.

What is weird is if all the GNR topics are so cutting edge and current, why do you spend so much time posting in a section of a band you truly dislike? Guess some people have too much free time... peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »

I am upset at your lack of respect for us.

What the fuck are you on about?

/jarmo

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2007, 07:35:16 PM »

The fact that you dismiss there are people that like both bands. Of course you couldn't read the rest of my post to get that or maybe you did and had to argument for it so you just swear...Great comeback  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »

The fact that you dismiss there are people that like both bands.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=48240.msg983803#msg983803

I never did, you fucking liar.

Let's see you apologize.

We just don't need certain type of VR fans on this site. The miserable ones who hold a grudge.

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2007, 07:42:24 PM »

What's sad is that I made a decision based on things that have taken place and I presented the reasons, it was very clear why I did it and most people have no problem with that, except you.

/jarmo

Are you that sure about it? Just me? Only me? Damn... I must be having a really bad day then  Sad

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2007, 07:43:09 PM »

I hold no grudges, but I won't apologize...you're the one that holds the grudge by refusing to give the same amount of attention to any VR news items as you do to anything guns or ex-guns member (other than VR) related. Like I said before it is your board and your choice, but shit at least be honest and have a little credibility.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »

I hold no grudges, but I won't apologize...you're the one that holds the grudge by refusing to give the same amount of attention to any VR news items as you do to anything guns or ex-guns member (other than VR) related. Like I said before it is your board and your choice, but shit at least be honest and have a little credibility.

dude, the focus here is GUNS N ROSES.   say it with me.  GUNS N ROSES.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2007, 07:45:41 PM »

Really???

i had no clue. I thought I was on a boys 2 men fan site.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2007, 07:47:28 PM »

Why exactly should I do that?

They have time and time again wished to be given their own identity while talking shit about GN'R.

Can't be more honest than that. Also, credibility and VR don't mix.  ok

If I had no credibility, I'd be trying to get al the VR fans to come here and have leaks posted for all to enjoy.

This is a Guns N' Roses site and VR is not GN'R.

I lost interest in that band.

I don't pretend to like them to be "online buddies" with you and get more visitors.

/jarmo

Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2007, 07:47:50 PM »

Why are some people focusing on how bad VR are then?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2007, 07:55:33 PM »

I came on hear trying to find news about the show and get stuck in a cock fight hihi
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2007, 07:55:46 PM »

I lost interest in that band.

/jarmo

So... you lost interest in the band. I assume by the time u created the Velvet Revolver section you had some interest in it. So, now you don?t anymore and what does happen? It is moved into  a sub-forum. So... who is making this personal? (You on the other hand make it personal. It's all about you and your posters and the kind of fan you are.) Me or you?
This is end of discussion for me... but to finish I advise you to give a look at my stats and check in which section most of my posts were made so that you can see how wrong you are by calling me a VR fan.

Peace. smoking

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »

So... you lost interest in the band. I assume by the time u created the Velvet Revolver section you had some interest in it.

Yes, I thought they were fun to see live before I saw the real deal.

So, now you don?t anymore and what does happen? It is moved into  a sub-forum. So... who is making this personal? (You on the other hand make it personal. It's all about you and your posters and the kind of fan you are.) Me or you?

So you want to force me to post VR news on the site even though I have no interest or motivation to do that?

You want to make me to make this board to be about a band I don't really care about?

The subforum thing is completely different from the fact that I don't feel like promoting VR on the main site anymore.

I stopped posting VR news ages ago for the reason.

I moved this section to make sure the few clueless VR fans would understand that this is a Guns N' Roses site. Just to avoid confusion.

Maybe you have more site suggestions for me? In that case, feel free to post it in the feedback section.

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »

When they play those STP and GNR songs it is not like they are doing anything that artists like Roger Waters, Paul McCartney, Sebastian Bach, Robert Plant & Jimmy Page, and countless other acts haven't done by playing songs they were a part of writing even though they aren't in said band anymore. 99.8% of the general public want to hear those songs and see the people who helped write them play them, they aren't concerned they aren't in those bands anymore or touring under that brand name. It is not like those guys ceased to be apart of those songs just because they are doing different things now.

We can debate about the covers issue all we want, but it is not like they are hiding from playing their new material. 8 out of 12 songs from the new album is about as much new stuff as any act out there is playing, so it is not like the new covers have come at the expense of playing their new stuff. 22 songs is pretty darn good, and I think more fans probably left the shows last night thinking how cool the show was and not pissed off that they were playing covers from their previous bands.

great post ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2007, 08:06:33 PM »

So you don't have any problems with them adding more covers to their set even though the lead guitarist clearly has stated they'd do otherwise?

You seem like one of those "objective" fans who see things the "way they are", but yet this doesn't cause any reaction from you.

I just wonder why.....

/jarmo

people change their mind dude...don think to hard about it.....how many times has axl?   a video of patience turned up on Youtube......it was fucking awesome Cool
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2007, 08:08:54 PM »

THat version of Patience is Fuckin Excellent!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: