Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 58275 times)
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »

So you don't have any problems with them adding more covers to their set even though the lead guitarist clearly has stated they'd do otherwise?

You seem like one of those "objective" fans who see things the "way they are", but yet this doesn't cause any reaction from you.

I just wonder why.....

/jarmo

Axl said he would'nt play Don't cry anymore but he did... Slash said they wouldn't play more Guns songs. People changes their mind, you seem like one of those "objective" fans to.

I just wonder why......
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »

why are they adding more GnR songs to their setlist?  Roll Eyes 

Why not? Coz they do what they want to do, I guess, which has always been the way.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2007, 06:15:47 PM »

So you don't have any problems with them adding more covers to their set even though the lead guitarist clearly has stated they'd do otherwise?

You seem like one of those "objective" fans who see things the "way they are", but yet this doesn't cause any reaction from you.

I just wonder why.....

/jarmo

Axl said he would'nt play Don't cry anymore but he did... Slash said they wouldn't play more Guns songs. People changes their mind, you seem like one of those "objective" fans to.

I just wonder why......

Show me proof where he said he would never sing Don't Cry again. I've seen it said time and time again and no one can ever provide any evidence as to where he said it. I can provide proof that slash said he wouldn't do gnr songs again, so now it's time to prove Axl said he wouldn't do that song.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

I think cause they are on tour with a huge band they need to bring on some  more of their hits so they stand out as a headliner.

But Patience isn't their hit.

Nobody associates that song with Velvet Revolver.

/jarmo

Neither is Wish You Were Here. Who cares? Everyone plays covers at their gigs, especially ones they originally played on. No big deal. Its nice too see them add some surprises to the setlist.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2007, 06:22:15 PM »

I have no problem VR playing songs Slash and Duff were apart of

I will admit however, that it seems they are doing this to help attract more concertgoers to maybe help boost sagging ticket sales.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »

I just wonder why.....

/jarmo

I just wonder why......

Show me proof where he said he would never sing Don't Cry again. I've seen it said time and time again and no one can ever provide any evidence as to where he said it. I can provide proof that slash said he wouldn't do gnr songs again, so now it's time to prove Axl said he wouldn't do that song.

Well I ain't got any proofs, I just read something like that sorry if I'm wrong! Axl made a satement that the release date would be anounced soon when Buckethead leaved the band but he didn't! I just wanted to say that people change their minds. Their is nothing wrong with playing great music and be able to hear the real guitar player and bass player doing "their" song again is amazing news to me! I'm music fan and I like when people plays good music.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2007, 06:25:13 PM »

Damn... I?m really dissapointed... not that you?d care of course... I?m just one of many people that come here everyday to hang out with people who supposedly had the same tastes and likes... This is just sad. I know you don?t give a shit but I think this ain?t the right way to do things! You can?t just shut people up! This is sad and with the way things are turning up I guess many people will end up leaving this board... And again, you don?t care about that and that?s what is sadder. After this, I?ll consider my staying in here (not that many people, including you I?m sure, will be to concerned about).

Sad... just sad.  no

I'll tell you what's sad. A bunch of VR fans coming to this site to bash Guns N' Roses.

I mean, this is a Guns N' Roses site.

That's sad, but it doesn't upset you. What upsets you is the fact that I moved the VR section.

Weird priorities.

You're right, if those people I mentioned above leave this site, I really don't care.

/jarmo

Allright I don?t get you and you don?t get me... at least that?s straight up.
Yeah, I?ll tell the truth: I?m a VR fan undercover who instead going to VR fan boards (which would be way smarter and healthier btw) decided to come up here, to bash the new GN?R band (which I have never done) and have seen live already(and, for the record, loved the show) and its singer (named Axl Rose), which I hate to death despite having 4 full posters of that person in my bedroom (what a mad girl I am indeed). Leaving the irony apart, what?s wrong with me then? I?m no VR fan, I?m a Gn?R fan but I got a damn great flaw! I don?t despise the old guys... I do the opposite! I respect them! So... it?s kinda obvious you would feel comfortable going to a GN?R board and feel free (IN THE RIGHT SECTION- cos in no fucking way you have seen me talking about Slash or whoever in the GnR section) to talk about the old guys and their current work without feeling that one?s doing something wrong! If I had to leave this board, I?d go to another Gn?R board, not a VR one... thats not them I love, that I?m a fan of! It?s fucking Guns N? Roses! But if you can?t talk in a free and distressed way about all the things related to it (ex-members included)... how come you enjoy what being a GnR fan is, at its fullest?
But again, what?s sad is that you don?t even try to get to what I?m saying... you simply label me as a VR fan... it?s far easier indeed.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »

I have no problem VR playing songs Slash and Duff were apart of

I will admit however, that it seems they are doing this to help attract more concertgoers to maybe help boost sagging ticket sales.

So? That's good for them and good for the atracted people. If someone don't want to listen to the music can skip it. It's good for everybody except the people who disslike the song Patience.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2007, 06:27:53 PM »

who the hell care why the add the song?

I think all the people bitching about the set list should just shut he fuckup.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2007, 06:30:13 PM »

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_GVwvlj4wY

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDiUXePoRE

Velvet Revolver Montreal -Patience part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiBapfAhXRg
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2007, 06:31:52 PM »

Damn... I?m really dissapointed... not that you?d care of course... I?m just one of many people that come here everyday to hang out with people who supposedly had the same tastes and likes... This is just sad. I know you don?t give a shit but I think this ain?t the right way to do things! You can?t just shut people up! This is sad and with the way things are turning up I guess many people will end up leaving this board... And again, you don?t care about that and that?s what is sadder. After this, I?ll consider my staying in here (not that many people, including you I?m sure, will be to concerned about).

Sad... just sad.  no

I'll tell you what's sad. A bunch of VR fans coming to this site to bash Guns N' Roses.

I mean, this is a Guns N' Roses site.

That's sad, but it doesn't upset you. What upsets you is the fact that I moved the VR section.

Weird priorities.

You're right, if those people I mentioned above leave this site, I really don't care.

/jarmo

Yeah, I?ll tell the truth: I?m a VR fan undercover who instead going to VR fan boards (which would be way smarter and healthier btw) decided to come up here, to bash the new GN?R band (which I have never done) and have seen live already(and, for the record, loved the show) and its singer (named Axl Rose), which I hate to death despite having 4 full posters of that person in my bedroom (what a mad girl I am indeed). Leaving the irony apart, what?s wrong with me then? I?m no VR fan, I?m a Gn?R fan but I got a damn great flaw! I don?t despise the old guys... I do the opposite! I respect them! So... it?s kinda obvious you would feel comfortable going to a GN?R board and feel free (IN THE RIGHT SECTION- cos in no fucking way you have seen me talking about Slash or whoever in the GnR section) to talk about the old guys and their current work without feeling that one?s doing something wrong! If I had to leave this board, I?d go to another Gn?R board, not a VR one... thats not them I love, that I?m a fan of! It?s fucking Guns N? Roses! But if you can?t talk in a free and distressed way about all the things related to it (ex-members included)... how come you enjoy what being a GnR fan is, at its fullest?
But again, what?s sad is that you don?t even try to get to what I?m saying... you simply label me as a VR fan... it?s far easier indeed.

I feel exactly like you!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »

thanks for posting, so it wasn't scott who whistled hihi he should learn the melody, cool anyway yes
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »

This is fucking great!  peace Awesome version  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »

Honestly, I don't know what your problem is.

I moved a section to make sure EVERYBODY knows this is a GUNS N' ROSES board.

I didn't think a GUNS N' ROSES fan would have a problem with a VELVET REVOLVER section being moved.

(Yeah, yeah, you're fan of both I get it).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »

thanks for posting, so it wasn't scott who whistled hihi he should learn the melody, cool anyway yes

that was just putrid.  awful vocals.   
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »

that was just putrid.  awful vocals.   

The worst part was the ending. Scott does not have the range to do the high parts at the end of the song. Slash's solo wasn't the best either. I've seen him do much better with that solo.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2007, 06:48:33 PM »

Honestly, I don't know what your problem is.

I moved a section to make sure EVERYBODY knows this is a GUNS N' ROSES board.

I didn't think a GUNS N' ROSES fan would have a problem with a VELVET REVOLVER section being moved.

(Yeah, yeah, you're fan of both I get it).

/jarmo

Ok... I give up. I?m wasting words on this and it seems useless... you don?t even try. Did you even bother reading what I write? Nevermind...  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2007, 06:54:06 PM »

That was amazing, I was getting worried as the music was leading up to the vocal part, but what a relief when it sounded good. The ending didn't sound bad, but it definitely did sound lackluster compared to the original. In my opinion, I believe they do the song justice, and I am envious of everyone getting to see them perform this.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2007, 07:01:49 PM »

fucking hell that rendition of patience rocks!? beer
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2007, 07:04:29 PM »

It was much better than I thought it would be, had a cool vibe to the song too, and the sound quality was pretty good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: