Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:46:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 58346 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »

sure velvet revolver is more gnr than than the new gnr are.

after that i stopped reading, "new" GNR is band with 8-9 Current GNR members VR is a band with 2 exmembers... and a former employee hihi
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »

no the current gnr is a band with 6-7 hired muscians and 1 original.the hired members have not wrote any of the appeitte or illusion material that they play at every gig and thay can be fired at any minute.sure just look brain walks out frank walks in.same thing could happin tommorow with 1 of the 3 guitar players.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:48:11 PM by bart123 » Logged
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2007, 03:50:08 PM »

Everyone always forgets Dizzy...Axl and Dizzy, two original members.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2007, 03:55:55 PM »

Axl said CD would be out in '02.

Patience?

Maybe next leg they can add Paradise City. I heard it's a great way to end a show.

/jarmo

why not.sure velvet revolver is more gnr than than the new gnr are.its axl with a BUNCH OF HIRED MUSICANS that could get the sac any minute,hence the word NEW gnr.ha wouldnt mind see vr do paradice city.actually a few months back slash duff and matt played on camp freddy with the singer from linkin park,thay played paradise city and it was way better than any version the new gnr have done.awsome set list by velvet revolver.cant wait to see them live again with the new album of fresh material.

please go away
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2007, 03:57:40 PM »

no dizzy is not a original member.check ur facts before u post.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2007, 04:03:59 PM »

click here, my friend  beer
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=logout
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2007, 04:05:26 PM »

Well, he joined in '90 or '91...didn't replace anyone...didn't get replaced...close enough for me.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2007, 04:16:46 PM »

Axl said CD would be out in '02.

Patience?

Maybe next leg they can add Paradise City. I heard it's a great way to end a show.

/jarmo

why not.sure velvet revolver is more gnr than than the new gnr are.its axl with a BUNCH OF HIRED MUSICANS that could get the sac any minute,hence the word NEW gnr.ha wouldnt mind see vr do paradice city.actually a few months back slash duff and matt played on camp freddy with the singer from linkin park,thay played paradise city and it was way better than any version the new gnr have done.awsome set list by velvet revolver.cant wait to see them live again with the new album of fresh material.

We don't need your kind here. Which is even more apparent after this post.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »

Well, he joined in '90 or '91...didn't replace anyone...didn't get replaced...close enough for me.

Not only that, but he was suppose to join the band before Appetite came out but couldn't after he severely injured his hand in a car accident. That's why Axl dedicates a song to him at I believe the Music Machine '86 show...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2007, 05:09:13 PM »

I was at the concert last night and it was amazing, and yes Patience was amazing, the vocals still need a little practice, but tehy'll get there in time just like Scott's vocals for It's So Easy and Brownstone have really improved. Instrumentally this version of Patience was a lot better than any time I have heard it performed by Axl's GNR, was more bluesly and flowed better.

Patience was played as part of a semi-acoustic set along with The Last Fight and Interstate Love song...all three songs got huge pops (The Last Fight less so cause it is a new song). The semi-acoustic set has been suggested by alot of fans on a VR fansite, which VR frequent and have messaged on. I doubt they read this board cause the webmaster is so insecure he now has to put VR in the ex-gunners folder cause they generate as much readers as the GNR topics.

As for VR playing those 3 GNR and STP songs I see nothing wrong with it. Patience was an Izzy and not Axl song and I don't ever remember Slash or Duff saying they didn't want to record that song. They also played an awesome version of Wish you Were Here, but I guess that's wrong too? But yet it's kewl that Kelly Clarkson sung Sweet Child of Mine before and Courtney Love sang Paradice City?

Bottom line is it was a great setlist and a really rocking concert and I love it and so did alot of other fans there last night on a setlist that was dominated from material from their new album. They played on the songs listed on the standard version of Libertad except 4 of them and played half of Contraband.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2007, 05:13:09 PM »

I doubt they read this board cause the webmaster is so insecure he now has to put VR in the ex-gunners folder cause they generate as much readers as the GNR topics.

I knew somebody would say that.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »

Nothing wrong with stating the truth, and it is your board and your choice.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »

Dizzy is not an original member.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2007, 05:40:33 PM »

Dizzy is a psedo original member....he was supposed to be in the original line-up but broke his hand or something so he didn't join the group then and then they crossed paths again in 1990.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »

Nothing wrong with stating the truth, and it is your board and your choice.

Your version of the truth is weird:

Top Boards

Guns N' Roses         332627
The Jungle       134365
Bad Obsession       70409
Dead Horse       44463
Appetite For Collection       40510
Velvet Revolver       38014

Top 10 Topics (by Views)

The CD release date rumor / speculation thread         238310
Post your real rare (!) Axl pics here!       192928
Guns N' Roses in Youtube.com (post links here)       87563
"OFFICIAL 2006 TOUR" pic thread       87459
the GUNSNROSES.COM thread       77272
What are you listening to right now?       71231
Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!       67015
"Better" - discuss it in this thread       54270
The Board Gallery thread - post your pics       44294
Post your real new (!) Axl pics here       42633

Now let's examine how you made yourself look clueless:

the webmaster is so insecure he now has to put VR in the ex-gunners folder cause they generate as much readers as the GNR topics.

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2007, 05:53:13 PM »

I doubt they read this board cause the webmaster is so insecure he now has to put VR in the ex-gunners folder cause they generate as much readers as the GNR topics.

I knew somebody would say that.  rofl

/jarmo

omg... why did u do it??  Shocked Ok... I guess I?m kinda shocked. But then again, guess I?m too naive to still believe in things... how stupid of me  no But hey! At least you didn?t delete the whole section. Thanks!  ok
oh well.... Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2007, 05:55:23 PM »

omg... why did u do it??  Shocked Ok... I guess I?m kinda shocked. But then again, guess I?m too naive to still believe in things... how stupid of me  no But hey! At least you didn?t delete the whole section. Thanks!  ok
oh well.... Undecided

To make sure everybody knows that the former members current activities are not the main focus of this board.

They're only intended for those Guns N' Roses fans who are interested in seeing what the former band members are currently up to.

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2007, 06:01:57 PM »

oh well.... Undecided

To make sure everybody knows that the former members current activities are not the main focus of this board.

They're only intended for those Guns N' Roses fans who are interested in seeing what the former band members are currently up to.

/jarmo

But why in this world having a Velvet Revolver section in the Wasnt Yesterday Great board would do the other way around? Damn... I?m really dissapointed... not that you?d care of course... I?m just one of many people that come here everyday to hang out with people who supposedly had the same tastes and likes... This is just sad. I know you don?t give a shit but I think this ain?t the right way to do things! You can?t just shut people up! This is sad and with the way things are turning up I guess many people will end up leaving this board... And again, you don?t care about that and that?s what is sadder. After this, I?ll consider my staying in here (not that many people, including you I?m sure, will be to concerned about).

Sad... just sad.  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2007, 06:03:55 PM »

The original band is the Appetite lineup

They can play Izzy songs if they want and VR can play all the GNR songs they want cause 2 members Duff and Slash had a lot to do with it.

Duff and west wrote Its So easy so one could argue Axl is covering a Duff song

Izzy wrote the lyrics to Brownstone if Im not mistaken and I think Slash did a lot of the guitar shit, so really Slash and Duff have just as much right as Axl to use it.

Paradise City if they WANTED to do it is OK also cause Slash and Duff wrote a HUGE part of that song as well

one more question:

HOW THE FUCK DO U COVER YOURSELF?

Thats as fuckin stupid as back some years ago when the record label tried to sue John Fogerty for Plagarising himself.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »

Damn... I?m really dissapointed... not that you?d care of course... I?m just one of many people that come here everyday to hang out with people who supposedly had the same tastes and likes... This is just sad. I know you don?t give a shit but I think this ain?t the right way to do things! You can?t just shut people up! This is sad and with the way things are turning up I guess many people will end up leaving this board... And again, you don?t care about that and that?s what is sadder. After this, I?ll consider my staying in here (not that many people, including you I?m sure, will be to concerned about).

Sad... just sad.  no

I'll tell you what's sad. A bunch of VR fans coming to this site to bash Guns N' Roses.

I mean, this is a Guns N' Roses site.

That's sad, but it doesn't upset you. What upsets you is the fact that I moved the VR section.

Weird priorities.

You're right, if those people I mentioned above leave this site, I really don't care.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: