Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:34:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UNOFFICIAL Use Your Illusion I And II' DVD Due In October
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Use Your Illusion I And II' DVD Due In October  (Read 9275 times)
MYWIFEMYLIFE
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 06:12:29 AM »

it willl prolly be narrated by some ex-hookers and junkies, that were lucky enuff to talk about a band that were in their town when they were around, rather than blowing and get fucked,for 5 dollars.

will be like "i wuz there maaan, izzy just passed by me and i knew 14 years would be on the album with izzy's vocals but later he would quit the band.."
or "i walked on the sidewalk that axl spit 3 days ago and it was obvious that those albums would be huge and hit bb top 200 at 1 and 2, i also knew november rain would be a piano ballad made by axl...."

if you're not a die-hard collector don't ever buy this crap, if you're a die hard collector just dload the fuckin dvd artwork and put it on your dvd shelf, even the empty dvd case would have more accurate info about gnr.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 10:09:11 AM »

Chrome Dreams has

That's all you need to know!

nervous

I can't say I've been impressed with some of their previous releases.

/jarmo

How bad are they? I just googled them and it looks like they do a lot of "unauthorized" shows.
I?m not sure but I think they did other crappy DVDs before like that one of "sex,drugs and Rock&Roll" so you can have an idea...

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 11:32:11 AM »

Oh man, I've seen the "Sex Drugs and Rock N Roll" and another one about Axl (that I can't remember the name) and they were awful.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »

Oh man, I've seen the "Sex Drugs and Rock N Roll" and another one about Axl (that I can't remember the name) and they were awful.

Prettiest Star?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2007, 02:56:38 PM »

Prettiest Star?

Yeah, that was it. Horrible.

Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »

Awesome Grin

Fincklosophy
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »

Chrome Dreams

That's all I needed to read.  Avoid it like the plague.  They are the same company behind the Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll atrocity.  And I see they are already reiterating their ignorance and lack of GN'R knowledge with the "September 1990" release dates.  Dumbasses couldn't even get the band members' names right in their first mockumentary.  Who the hell is Izzy STRADIN???

Anyone who gives these idiots their money deserves to have their nuts twisted.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2007, 09:30:12 PM »

CHROME DREAMS=GARBAGE
Worst waste of money ever....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2007, 11:30:31 PM »

I loved how they used background music from other bands cause they couldn't use gnr's..  how lame.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 07:30:50 AM »

keep your money to buy the reckless road book dudes

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »

I saw it being advertised on national TV today and sure I was excited about this. If this has rare footage including those of the UYI making on the studio, which I have never seen, I can?t wait to have it being played on my DVD player! Sounds cool to me! Why are some of you not that excited about it? Did I miss something?  Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »

Read the thread?
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »

Why the illusions..Great albums..But why now ? 20 years since AFD..CD on the rise..Why ?Tongue

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 06:41:34 PM »

Read the thread?

Well to be honest (as I always try to be) I didn?t. I was in a cybercaf? and had 2 mins left lol so...  hihi But now I did, carefully. So... above all that (non-related band people being interviewed, dreadful previous documentaries and false information- the UYI release date) which are already  good reasons enough to dispise this DVD lol... it still does have rare footage of the band in those years doesn?t it? From the studio and all that... I?d really liked to see it... wouldnt you too?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »

This seems like it'll be as bad as "Guns N' Roses: Sex, Drugs and Rock N' Roll."

At least I'm pretty sure that's what that bullshit DVD was called.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »

This seems like it'll be as bad as "Guns N' Roses: Sex, Drugs and Rock N' Roll."

How bad was it? I have never seen it.

BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »

It's pretty rough, best I can remember is only one or two actual interviews the GN'R members and it's from the mid-eighties so it's not even close to current.? Also, if memory serves correctly, Axl is really nowhere to be seen except in the lame pictures they use.? The only thing it really offers is the story of GN'R's coming together from different people that knew the band, but hardly any of them tell the same story (most conflict with one another at least a bit).? So instead of hearing it from the band, you hear their photographers, hookers and tatoo artists talking about what it was like meeting axl.  And one motherfucker calls him "Alex"...! Alex Rose, come the fuck on.? Big waste of 20 bills.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:32:08 PM by the bucket » Logged

BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 07:28:14 PM »

PS - there's also not even a SPECK of guns music in it.  Like not one goddamn song.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 08:32:20 PM »

It's pretty rough, best I can remember is only one or two actual interviews the GN'R members and it's from the mid-eighties so it's not even close to current.  Also, if memory serves correctly, Axl is really nowhere to be seen except in the lame pictures they use.  The only thing it really offers is the story of GN'R's coming together from different people that knew the band, but hardly any of them tell the same story (most conflict with one another at least a bit).  So instead of hearing it from the band, you hear their photographers, hookers and tatoo artists talking about what it was like meeting axl.  And one motherfucker calls him "Alex"...! Alex Rose, come the fuck on.  Big waste of 20 bills.

PS - there's also not even a SPECK of guns music in it.  Like not one goddamn song.

Lol Alex?? Ok now that was funny  rofl And no Gn?R music? Omg.. it sounds much more awful than I was thinking about... thanks for sharing  ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 08:33:44 AM »

thats very fuckin lame.   i wouldn't pay for $5  for this thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: