Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:33:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UNOFFICIAL Use Your Illusion I And II' DVD Due In October
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Use Your Illusion I And II' DVD Due In October  (Read 9273 times)
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« on: August 11, 2007, 12:33:46 PM »

Chrome Dreams has set an October 30 release date for the "Guns N' Roses - 2 Classic Albums Under Review: Use Your Illusion I And II" DVD.  According to a press release, "This DVD is a documentary film about the 'Use Your Illusion' double set ? the people who made them, the process of making of them, the tour that surrounded them and, most crucially, the awesome music they contained. It features rare footage of the band from that time, including exclusive backstage film rarely seen before; lengthy interviews from musicians and vocalists who were there working on the records and the tour; comment from friends of the group and scenesters from the L.A. rock underground; insight and critique from biographers, journalists and DJs who championed GUNS N' ROSES throughout their career, and many other notable contributors. Also includes seldom seen photographs, location shots, news footage and much more besides. Released simultaneously in September 1990, the brace of albums making up the 'Use Your Illusion' double set made history before most fans had heard a note ? never before (and never since) had any band or artist occupied the billboard chart positions one and two in the same week."

Bonus Materials:

* GUNS N' ROSES Exclusive Gaming Feature
* "The Pre-Guns Collectives" ? Rare Footage and Insider Comment of and about the bands that predated GUNS N' ROSES
* Full Contributor Biographies
* Beyond DVD section

For more information, click http://mvdb2b.com/search/item.php?SESSION_NO=DDDLUAUM&sku=SIDVD525

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78594
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 12:51:13 PM by jarmo » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:38:23 PM »

GNR game?!
you use guns to shoot at roses Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 12:40:14 PM »

Released simultaneously in September 1990

they could`ve got  that fact straight at least hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 12:48:34 PM »

Yeah, that made me laugh, for a DVD about those albums...lol Grin

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 12:49:47 PM »

Chrome Dreams has

That's all you need to know!

nervous

I can't say I've been impressed with some of their previous releases.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 01:01:27 PM »

Chrome Dreams has

That's all you need to know!

nervous

I can't say I've been impressed with some of their previous releases.

/jarmo

How bad are they? I just googled them and it looks like they do a lot of "unauthorized" shows.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »

will it be on sale in the u.s.a ?
or just another europe thing.i hear about all these books an stuff but never in the u.s.a ?

the one an only horsey !
Guns_4Ever
Opening Act

...Use Your Illusion...

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »

maybe this stuff will be interesting...

but i'm not gonna buy it  Grin

...All we need Is just a little Patience...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:55 PM »

For a minute, I was thinking this was going to be part of of the 'Classic Albums' series which generally gets good reviews, but this is another series altogether.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »

Released simultaneously in September 1990

they could`ve got? that fact straight at least hihi

It really, really, REALLY makes u wonder how these people expect to sell a product, when the info they are giving in the promo is wrong. Oh yea, cant wait to get that!?!? lol Assholes.....

i hate these releases that show like the pizzeria deliveryman in 1986 who delivered a large pie to GNR in their apartment, they ask him questions with like some crappy no-name 80s hair metal music playing in the background.

Why do people even release this garbage?? why not invest that money in a good index fund, like the SnP500 (SPY)........
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 01:29:30 PM »

For a minute, I was thinking this was going to be part of of the 'Classic Albums' series which generally gets good reviews, but this is another series altogether.

Doesn't the Classic Albums series actually have band members and producers talking about the albums in question?

I know some of them have aired on TV so they just seem more professional than this....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 02:09:30 PM »

mybae the game involves building as many new bands as possible out of the original line-up. 

I'm guessing that or a sim city type game where you see how fast you can unravel the most successful rock band in history while you work against a timer.    rofl
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 02:29:21 PM »

Doesn't the Classic Albums series actually have band members and producers talking about the albums in question?

I know some of them have aired on TV so they just seem more professional than this....

/jarmo

Yeah, they do. I've seen the Queen one for A Night At The opera, and Elton John's for Yellow brick road. Both contain interviews and special performances with the original artists. So does the one with Def Leppard.

The classic albums series is controlled by Vh1 Classic, and made by Eagle Rock Entertainment.

I suspect this latest release will be no better than the Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll DVD that Chrome Dreams made. I think we can all agree that was a crappy documentary.
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

I've never bought or really seen any of the unauthorized under review series. Instead I'd be all for the release of the UYI live documentary that was filmed, but as most of us suspect....that'll probably never happen.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 02:40:03 PM »

Heres Queen: Under Review 1973-1980. there seems to be lots of people I've never heard of  no  hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDYQRtB6Qk

and in part two, 2 and a half minutes in they have some shitty guitarist trying to play a song
 rofl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQuEPeV-Z8
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:43:54 PM by Robman? » Logged
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »

mybae the game involves building as many new bands as possible out of the original line-up. 

I'm guessing that or a sim city type game where you see how fast you can unravel the most successful rock band in history while you work against a timer.   

Hehe, that's quite good.

And yeah, Classic Albums is meant to be quite good.  The one on The Number of the Beast is pretty good.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »

/jarmo

Yes, I have those DVDs for Steely Dan's 'Aja' and Nirvana's 'Nevermind'...they score great informative interviews.

So yeah it says UYI came out in September of 1990 and the cover has Steven on it. Very impressive!  ok

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 03:27:52 PM »

So yeah it says UYI came out in September of 1990 and the cover has Steven on it. Very impressive!  ok

Yeah, very.

Must be well-researched.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »

Oh GAWD.... another unofficial DVD....

i can just smell it...

"Guns N Roses is no more... it's all Axl's fault. Axl fired everyone and pressured everyone to quit. Axl caused riots and and was primadonna.

Axl was responsible for 9/11 and the War on Terror. Axl was also responsible for the explosion of the Discovery Space Shutle and Chinese Democracy will never come out."

I wish these releases were illegal... people actually buy them... and believe what they say. They are so stupid.

I wish they did "AFD: Classic Albums". I own Metallica, Nirvana and Queen. They are great documentaries.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 04:36:57 PM »

Maybe it will also have exclusive info about the making of Chinese Democracy and the truth about Buckethead's departure and the 2002 tour.  I mean seriously ... does the band even get money for this shit?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: