Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Help on Rocket Queen & Patience
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help on Rocket Queen & Patience  (Read 18293 times)
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2007, 01:14:53 PM »

Believe me, at the time Axl would have done nothing to jepardize his relationship with other band members by sleeping with another's ex, let alone one of Steven's ex's.

I'm pretty sure it was Steven's g/f. I don't think GNR were particularly sensitive people back in the day.
She was Steven's g/f.  I just read an interview with this girl where she talked about this incident.  She slept with Axl to get back at Steven.  Axl went to her and told her his idea for the song.  He said Erin wouldn't do it, but he wanted to find a girl who would. 
She also confirmed Rocket Queen was not about her, but about Barbi, a "junkie whore Axl was in love with."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2007, 01:16:03 PM »

I think that you were too quick to reply!

Read the post above yours for the clarification.

I wrote this song for this girl who was gonna have a band and she was gonna call it Rocket Queen. She kinda kept me alive for a while.
Axl - Hit Parader March 1988

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2007, 01:20:23 PM »

Yep, that is true, although taken out of context.

I think that there is another thread here that discusses GN'R book ideas. Someone quotes Axl talking about Rocket Queen and how the last verse is about hope and friendship. The girl he refers to was in a very lonely place and was going through some emotional issues....

Edit: Did a search, but can't find the actual quote from Axl. Nothing to do with junkie whores though.....

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 01:29:43 PM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »

I think that there is another thread here that discusses GN'R book ideas. Someone quotes Axl talking about Rocket Queen and how the last verse is about hope and friendship.

Wow! are you ever wrong? for that matter, are you Axl? you seem to know so much morenthan everyone else!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »

I think that there is another thread here that discusses GN'R book ideas. Someone quotes Axl talking about Rocket Queen and how the last verse is about hope and friendship.

Wow! are you ever wrong? for that matter, are you Axl? you seem to know so much morenthan everyone else!

Ignore stolat, she seems to think she knows GNR history better than the people who were actually in GNR. If you believe stolat, Axl wrote all of AFD on his piano and then played it back to Slash and told him how to play it on his guitar.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2007, 01:41:06 PM »

As I said earlier, there are also 5 or 6 people involved in the story and things here still need to settle down.

Someday......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »

As I said earlier, there are also 5 or 6 people involved in the story and things here still need to settle down.

Someday......

are you INSANE!

you get beat in a discussion thread and resort to acting like an insider! NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!

so for the record, do you have contact wit Axl rose, or contact with anyone in the old / GnR (this doesn't include you taling to your posters on the wall)?

Ignore stolat, she seems to think she knows GNR history better than the people who were actually in GNR. If you believe stolat, Axl wrote all of AFD on his piano and then played it back to Slash and told him how to play it on his guitar.

yeah i can imagone that discussion

Axl : Godammit Slash.....!

Slash: Uh....umm...

Axl: Fucks sake man, PEN-TA-TONIC, PEN-TA-TONIC!!!!!

Slash: Sorry man, i just know a bunch of blues licks...

hihi

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »

Someday......

are you INSANE!

you get beat in a discussion thread and resort to acting like an insider! NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!

so for the record, do you have contact wit Axl rose, or contact with anyone in the old / GnR (this doesn't include you taling to your posters on the wall)?

Why are you getting so worked up about this Daviebuckethead? have you invested in www.barbivongrief.com or something? You seem to want to oppose everything I write on this forum.

That's your loss mate not mine.

Your rudeness to me is one reason why I do not wish to engage with you any further.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »

im cool with that, you pretty much ruin every conversation on this board anyway. what starts off as light hearted discussion ends up an annoying argument because you think that everyone else is wrong and you're right. its frustrating and exhausting........you're right about one thing, i wont be "engaging" with you again.

it was nice to see you answer the insider question  confused

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »

Barbi also was interviewed for VH1 - Behind The Music "Guns N' Roses", if you ever have seen that 2004 special you will find that girl in there i've posted pics from. Barbi Von Greif is listed as "friend" in there.

Re-Union time, baby!!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »

So those photos that you have posted of "Barbi" are current?

So how old was she when she was supposed to be hanging with the band in the 80s? because in those photos that you have posted she looks about 20 - today she must be well into her 40s.......and for an ex "junkie whore" she is looking remarkably good.

You also admitted in post #52 that this is "her" story (her being the "barbi" of www.barbivongrief.com) but you will surely get a different story from everybody else involved. You admitted that this story came from "barbis" blog off the website that no longer exists.

I'm not saying that I am Barbi. I am saying that Axl's quotes about a bicycle and a brother etc. do indeed have a particular story behind them........

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 02:25:03 PM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2007, 02:39:24 PM »

as said before the pics are from 200+ (meaning 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004). they were promotional pics on Barbi's site in August 2004. and yes, it still is Barbi Von Greif. some people simply dont look that old as the genral public in their age. but i recommend to watch the VH1 special i've mentioned above, you can see she still looks pretty young for her age (not to talk about all the make-up-tricks)!
the site is offline for whatever reasons, yes. but so what, this is internet! in 2003 gnronline.com were still trying to sell tickets for the cancelled 2002 tour? hihi
and yes, i said it is "her" story about Rocket Queen cause you wont get the exact version as soon as more than 1 person is involved. but it appears to be pretty accurate from what we know.

if you are looking for Jarmo setting up an Axl interview just about the song "Rocket Queen" to get "his" version out of him.....good luck!

Re-Union time, baby!!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »

as said before the pics are from 200+ (meaning 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004). they were promotional pics on Barbi's site in August 2004. and yes, it still is Barbi Von Greif. some people simply dont look that old as the genral public in their age. but i recommend to watch the VH1 special i've mentioned above, you can see she still looks pretty young for her age (not to talk about all the make-up-tricks)!
the site is offline for whatever reasons, yes. but so what, this is internet! in 2003 gnronline.com were still trying to sell tickets for the cancelled 2002 tour? hihi
and yes, i said it is "her" story about Rocket Queen cause you wont get the exact version as soon as more than 1 person is involved. but it appears to be pretty accurate from what we know.

if you are looking for Jarmo setting up an Axl interview just about the song "Rocket Queen" to get "his" version out of him.....good luck!

"her" story is about a friend's sister who had a motorbike? You are really clutching at straws here and are trying to link a whole lot of disjointed information.

Axl talks about "a bicycle" and a "brother". He said he wrote the song about a "girl" and has not ever directly made the link to that girl being Barbi. People have just assumed......

And no, I do not need Jarmo to set up an interview with Axl on this one.  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2007, 03:10:54 PM »

what is up with you? Barbi was around in the old GN'R days and you didnt even seem to know about until this topic pointed it out. she got even credits for "RQ" in the AFD booklet which you didnt know.....you didnt believe the pics are Barbi herself and you was proved wrong again.
in 2004 she openly talked about RQ, her version is out, period. have fun collecting quotes from all the magazines and books to get "Axl's version exactly", maybe Mick Wall info will do it for you?! a lot from those stuff IS simply crap. and i surely know about as i own a lot from that shit.

Re-Union time, baby!!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »

No, Mick Wall doesn't have his facts straight and neither do you.

That doco that you talk about has interviews with Steven, Sorum, Slash and Duff, presenting their side of the story.

Enough said really.  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2007, 03:36:22 PM »

all i did in the 1st place was posting info coming from Barbi Von Greif. whats wrong in there?? apperantly YOU ruin this info discussion. and even further YOU are wrong again. the BTM 2004 doesnt have Duff interviewed for that special. but it has Gilby, i can post a list about who is included there if that helps "your" facts.

Re-Union time, baby!!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »

My apologies to Duff then!  Tongue

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
keithos27
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »

where can i view/download/purchase that vh1 "behind the music" on gnr?  when i googled it i only came across a divx link???  is there no dvd to rent from blockbuster or something on this?  amazon.com has a dvd for sale on motley crue... i figured for sure there would be one for sale on gnr?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 04:28:48 PM »

where can i view/download/purchase that vh1 "behind the music" on gnr?? when i googled it i only came across a divx link?Huh is there no dvd to rent from blockbuster or something on this?? amazon.com has a dvd for sale on motley crue... i figured for sure there would be one for sale on gnr?

check the appetite for collection section on this site, i'm sure it's there ok
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »

where can i view/download/purchase that vh1 "behind the music" on gnr?? when i googled it i only came across a divx link?Huh is there no dvd to rent from blockbuster or something on this?? amazon.com has a dvd for sale on motley crue... i figured for sure there would be one for sale on gnr?

Worst behined the music ever..It only includes matt,steven,gilby and slash..And they are all bashing Axl ( sort of ) , and you can?t hardly hear what steven is saying..Some cool footage..But nothing moore..I can understand that you wanna see it, but don?t get your hopes up. ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: