Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:28:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Help on Rocket Queen & Patience
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help on Rocket Queen & Patience  (Read 18272 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »

Isn't it crazy, how many versions of the story are out there?? When Axl retires a full fledged biography written by Axl himself would be such a great money making project for him, and even better for all of us who have wondered about so much for so long!!!!

Now that, I would buy.

keithos27
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »

yeah but who knows if a) that would ever happen and b) how much does he actually remembe (correctly at that!).

would be cool to get a video documentary or something... man that would be sweet!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 01:49:11 PM »

I always loved this pic of Axl & Erin.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:50:57 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

keithos27
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »

can't see it Sad
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2007, 02:05:25 PM »

linky:

http://hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/ph-axl006.gif

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2007, 08:43:24 PM »

theres actually a story on Rocket Queen published in the recent Rolling Stone I believe about Rocket Queen.

Patience was primarily an Izzy song.? Slash and Duff didn't want to do it.

And Used to lover Her was about Izzy's dog Tongue
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »

- Barbi's sister had a? motorycycle called "Rocket Queen" = the beginning
- band called "Rocket Queen" (later "Hardley Dangerous") <-- Barbi wrote some lyrics for them
- GN'R had interest in those special RQ ones (probably bought copyrights and stuff) and edited lyrics, the song in general etc. so Barbi's lyrics "Here I am Your Rocket Queen" (Rocket Queen the motorcycle) was changed by GN'R to "Here I am, and you're a Rocket Queen" (= no motorcycle but some girl) and Barbi simply liked how they changed it.

sounds pretty clear to me?

(by the way Barbi WAS in contact with GN'R back then)

Huh Sounds abit garbled to me!

Seriously, the Barbi stuff is simply a distortion of the truth. Believe me, at the time Axl would have done nothing to jepardize his relationship with other band members by sleeping with another's ex, let alone one of Steven's ex's. The band was way too important to him!

There is a very funny story about the Rocket Queen bicycle (NOT motorbike). I have a very distinct childhood memory about it. I would love to share the story with y'all someday however, there are about 5 or 6 other people involved............and I also would like to wait until things settle down on this forum.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

Believe me, at the time Axl would have done nothing to jepardize his relationship with other band members by sleeping with another's ex, let alone one of Steven's ex's.

I'm pretty sure it was Steven's g/f. I don't think GNR were particularly sensitive people back in the day.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2007, 11:29:44 AM »

Believe me, at the time Axl would have done nothing to jepardize his relationship with other band members by sleeping with another's ex, let alone one of Steven's ex's.

I'm pretty sure it was Steven's g/f. I don't think GNR were particularly sensitive people back in the day.

That's if you want to believe Barbi's distortion of the truth in the first place.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »

That's if you want to believe Barbi's distortion of the truth in the first place.

Barbi was someone else. The name of Steven's girlfriend was Adriana Smith.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2007, 11:44:20 AM »

some facts about "Rocket Queen" from August 2004, official message board/blog from Barbi Von Greif www.barbivongreif.com (this site now is offline though)

quote from a fan question:

"[.....]Before I heard about you, I read on a site(gnrinfo.tk) that Axl had written(or dedicated)
the lyrics of RocketQueen to a special girl that had been a friend of the band and that had a band named RocketQueen. I've never heard of anyone other
than Axl writing Novemeber Rain(I read Tracii Guns mentioning Axl working on it way back in 85' or 86') but I could be misinformed. Some of the members
on the forum I freguent asked if you helped write the lyrics or were the woman who was moaning in the background during the middle of the Rocketqueen.
If you or any of your fans can answer these questions I've raised that would be awesome! Thanks again. Keep on being an artist cause your style rocks!
Later"

quote/reply from "Barbi Von Greif":

"[....]Adriana did the moans..( dancer whom was dating Steven and I think she did a great job, don't you?)
My sister had a motorcycle called the RocketQueen when I was little which is where the name started. I wrote a version for the band Rocket Queen
which used my material and later morphed into the girl band Hardley Dangerous. The song itself was later morphed into the one you now know and I
think they did a #@*%!ing great job on it to be honest. ( Example "Here I am Your Rocket Queen" was changed to "Here I am, and you're a Rocket Queen" )
I'm not the chick in the studio! I wrote at home!"

2 pics from Barbi:

Yeh, no all this ^ including the photos is not true. No-one had straight hair in the 80s.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Lolita
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »

Yeh, no all this ^ including the photos is not true. No-one had straight hair in the 80s.

Robin Wright Penn had,  Smiley
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »

stolat,
i wrote exact this: "some facts about "Rocket Queen" from August 2004, official message board/blog from Barbi Von Greif".
this is HER story about it, you surely will get a different story from everybody else being involved. however unlike many others at least she was telling HER story openly on her board/blog.

and those 2 pics are from 200+ (grabbed them from her official site) not from the 80s.

Re-Union time, baby!!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2007, 12:14:50 PM »

- Barbi's sister had a  motorycycle called "Rocket Queen" = the beginning
- band called "Rocket Queen" (later "Hardley Dangerous") <-- Barbi wrote some lyrics for them
- GN'R had interest in those special RQ ones (probably bought copyrights and stuff) and edited lyrics, the song in general etc. so Barbi's lyrics "Here I am Your Rocket Queen" (Rocket Queen the motorcycle) was changed by GN'R to "Here I am, and you're a Rocket Queen" (= no motorcycle but some girl) and Barbi simply liked how they changed it.

sounds pretty clear to me?

(by the way Barbi WAS in contact with GN'R back then)

Huh Sounds abit garbled to me!

Seriously, the Barbi stuff is simply a distortion of the truth. Believe me, at the time Axl would have done nothing to jepardize his relationship with other band members by sleeping with another's ex, let alone one of Steven's ex's. The band was way too important to him!

There is a very funny story about the Rocket Queen bicycle (NOT motorbike). I have a very distinct childhood memory about it. I would love to share the story with y'all someday however, there are about 5 or 6 other people involved............and I also would like to wait until things settle down on this forum.

You're confused. Rocket Queen was inspired by Barbi, the lyrics are about her. The girl Axl fucked for the sex noises in the song is a different girl. That is Adrianna Smith, which was Steven's girl or ex-girl at the time. Two totally different people.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2007, 12:18:10 PM »

No I am not confused.

Rocket Queen has nothing to do with Barbi.

OK, I will obviously edit this post, as jarmo was seeking some clarification. ^

The information about Rocket Queen that Limulus has taken from the now non-existant website www.barbivongrief.com is not correct. Whoever was posing as Barbi on that website has taken the story and changed some facts.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 01:11:53 PM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »

No I am not confused.

I think you're very confused.

Look in your AFD booklet in the thank yous: Barbi (Rocket Queen) Von Grief is thanked.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2007, 12:53:58 PM »

Ok, she is thanked.......... doesn't say for what in particular.......

But who is she really??

Someone has taken the story about Rocket Queen, called themself Barbi and changed the story to a sister's motorbike. She has posted the story on a website that no longer exists. So the Barbi that I refer to as having nothing to do with Rocket Queen is the one that has posted that story on the website that another poster has referred to in this thread. According to that Barbi the story is about a sister and a motorbike......

There is a book where Axl is quoted as saying that Rocket Queen has to do with a bicycle and a brother.......

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:05:35 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »

No I am not confused.

I think you're very confused.

Look in your AFD booklet in the thank yous: Barbi (Rocket Queen) Von Grief is thanked.

/jarmo

Jarmo, you just made my day!

thatdude always thinks he is right, if you say white, he'll say black!

all hail the fool who did not know! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

read the booklet next boyo!
 smoking

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »

I think that you were too quick to reply!

Read the post above yours for the clarification.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »

yeah, that edit post function is really great isn't it  Undecided

is that the first time you have used it, or do you often change your posts to change what you first said?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: