Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228123 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 91795 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2007, 11:36:57 AM »

Itune sales are not included in the record sales and I don't think that Contraband was availbable on itunes previously, and the insentive to buy Contraband on itunes (i.e. extra tracks).

As for the leaks, I am not basing this information on the leaks alone. They have played several of the leaks in concert which is generally a pretty good representation of what it will be like on the album. I don't like their interpretations of most of the original GNR content as well, it's probably more modern sounding and I prefered the older vibe. I liked the more Aerosmith-like sounding GNR than the NIN or Marilyn Manson-like GNR. I'm not saying they don't have talent, just personal preferance and I hate shredding-style guitar solos. While they require a technically gifted player, it does nothing to add to the emotion of the song, in fact I find it cheapens it.

As for the fans of the bands coming to the boards and respecting the boards ideals, I do hope you are not serious. That is dictatorship and not democracy. You should also have freedom of choice and expression. If you choose to like VR more than GNR that is your right and if you choose to like GNR more than VR that is also your right. I don't go around disrespecting nu-GNR fans for liking the nu-GNR. I respect them and I am a fan of the nu-GNR as well. What I don't respect is people thrashing VR just because they don't like them. You can say your opnion and then move on and not make it your life mission to diss them in every thread that is posted. That doesn't happen in the GNR topics cause they are more closely moderated and not as much is tolerated. I also frequent a few VR boards and I would stand up to those thrashing the nu-GNR as well, but for the most part they are really good on the VR boards I visit and I have not seen the same type of behaviour displayed there as there is here.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2007, 11:42:57 AM »

Itune sales are not included in the record sales and I don't think that Contraband was availbable on itunes previously, and the insentive to buy Contraband on itunes (i.e. extra tracks).

Actually if someone buys the whole album from iTunes or any other legal, official digital source it gets counted by Soundscan.  If you notice, Billboard has a "digital albums" chart and they too track digital album sales and count them if someone buys the album from one of these sources
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »

No, it's not dictatorship - I used the word respect.

Liken this site to a different country. If you travel and experience different cultures I hope you don't sit there and bag what you see around you. More likely, you'd be at a restaurant experiencing the local delicacy or vising some tourist spots. Moreover, you've made the choice to save up and visit that particular country.

Like when I went to Vietnam, I learnt that you have to place your chopsticks lying across your soup bowl and not sticking up in the soupbowl because that is seen as an offence to the ancestors. Fair enough. We got on fine!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »

A country is a democracy, because it's rules and costums and decided by the people. A website cannot be compared to a country because a limitted amount of people decide its direction and rules. I'll give you points for trying but your argument is void and non-valid.

However; if you want to use your restaurant example please stop placing your chopsticks sticking up in the soupbowl and disrespecting and dissing the band that alot of us like just for your pleasure.  That type of behaviour is not tolerated in the GNR topics and should not be here either. I have no problem with people stating they don't like VR or GNR, but don't make it your lifes mission to diss and pick arguments with fans of the band you don't like.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2007, 12:03:28 PM »

So, who's fault is it that it didn't go to #1 even though the release was pushed back from May to July?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »

A country is a democracy, because it's rules and costums and decided by the people. A website cannot be compared to a country because a limitted amount of people decide its direction and rules. I'll give you points for trying but your argument is void and non-valid.

However; if you want to use your restaurant example please stop placing your chopsticks sticking up in the soupbowl and disrespecting and dissing the band that alot of us like just for your pleasure.? That type of behaviour is not tolerated in the GNR topics and should not be here either. I have no problem with people stating they don't like VR or GNR, but don't make it your lifes mission to diss and pick arguments with fans of the band you don't like.

As this is a GN'R fan forum, you are confusing people's opinions about VR ?and seeing it as people's "life missions" to pick arguments. You are hearing other people's opinions and these opinions don't match your own views. Some people don't view VR through rose tinted glasses. If you want to only hear good things about VR there are aother countries that you can also visit. It's your choice.

Customs are inherent to certain countries, some governments ban certain customs. But hopefully the government voted in by the people will uphold those customs. Now who runs this site?

On this site, my chopsticks are most of the time laid across my bowl because I understand the ideaology of the people who have created this site.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2007, 12:16:58 PM »

So, who's fault is it that it didn't go to #1 even though the release was pushed back from May to July?

/jarmo

Well jarmo, when you bill yourself as a vicious, ass kicking rock band and then release a mediocre, alternative/pop rock album like Libertad, you can't blame the general public for seeing through the facade.  Just because Slash plays a bluesy solo on a song doesn't mean the song is bad ass rock

Despite all the positive press the general public just aren't falling for it
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #467 on: July 27, 2007, 12:24:02 PM »

People on these boards are always quick to point fingers and put blame on somebody.

Nobody seems to blame anybody which is very odd.

Hopefully this is a new trend!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2007, 12:30:05 PM »

Well, I think that in the Libertad Discussion thread people were commenting about how Slash's presence doesn't seem to be on the album.

Slash's perscription drug addiction (opiate) that he admitted to this year? was cited as one of the things that could be to blame.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #469 on: July 27, 2007, 12:30:16 PM »

I bought my copy while I was on vacation in the UK, its my fault  hihi
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #470 on: July 27, 2007, 01:23:31 PM »

To Stolat
As this is a GN'R fan forum, you would assume that many GNR fans would also be fans of VR (like myself). The same is true of VR boards, many are also fans of GNR and STP. The difference is you'll get someone that may say the new GNR material that I've heard sucks and then they will move on, they don't proceed to say that OVER AND OVER AND OVER again in every thread. For the most part I guess they would rather discuss what they do enjoy and like. I'm just surprise by the mentality (or lack-there of) of some people here who just want to put down something because they have nothing better to do. You would think that GNR is actually doing something again (touring) that you would focus your energy on that. I don't look at VR through rose-tainted glasses, their velvet tainted (pun intended). I'm not one of those fans that thinks the group I listen to are Gods. VR members are human being like us and they make mistakes like us and like Axl (believe it or not). There is certain things they could have done to have better album sales (i.e. including Messages on the album, released it in May like they had planned, and the label could have promoted it better). Are VR capable of making a better record, yes I think so. However; I also love this record, there are some songs that verge on pop, but this album is more true to the roots rock and roll than what we have heard of the nu-GNR material. And in the end what is really more important, album sales or producing a product you are happy with and you can go out and play in concert. I'm sure they would love to have both, but fanbase is something that can come and go really fast, look at the sales of the Spagethi Incident.

I don't think that Slash's drug adiction has any bearing on the album. Slash is a member of the band and plays as a member, this isn't a solo effort, or if you want this in GNR language, he still plays the best version of It's So Easy, Used to Love Her and Mr. Brownstone. BTW, this is exactly what I mean by cheap shots, there is no reason for you to even mention the drug adiction thing. He admitted it and got help, you have to respect someone who is man enough to do that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #471 on: July 27, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »

I bought my copy while I was on vacation in the UK, its my fault  hihi

Shouldn't that mean it's #1 in the UK then?  Wink

/jarmo

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #472 on: July 27, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »

To darth monkey:

At least you got my pun about "rose tinted' glasses.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #473 on: July 27, 2007, 03:49:51 PM »

To darth monkey:

At least you got my pun about "rose tinted' glasses.

To stolat:

Use PM's

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #474 on: July 30, 2007, 04:20:33 PM »

CHART DATE: 07/30/2007
LAST UPDATE: 07/30/2007 13:12:19
NOW IN: 37.74%

28   50   VELVET REVOLVER   LIBERTAD RCA/RMG   3,783

LAST UPDATE: 07/30/2007 14:07:35
NOW IN: 44.70%

28   41   VELVET REVOLVER   LIBERTAD RCA/RMG   5,883

LAST UPDATE: 07/30/2007 18:58:30
NOW IN: 56.78%

28   43   VELVET REVOLVER   LIBERTAD RCA/RMG   7,157

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:56:06 AM by jarmo » Logged

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #475 on: July 30, 2007, 04:26:48 PM »

Shocked Whoa. I'm speechless.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #476 on: July 30, 2007, 04:27:53 PM »

This thing is almost dead.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #477 on: July 30, 2007, 04:33:50 PM »

This thing is almost dead.

yeah, it's kinda sad and kinda.. can't find the word.. i'm not the biggest fan of the band, but i'm a fan of 2 of members so.. i hope slash and duff starts something new if the trend (and music) doesn't changes
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #478 on: July 30, 2007, 10:39:31 PM »

I almost feel ilike I should buy the album again to help out. My one purchase looks like it may make a dent next week...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #479 on: July 30, 2007, 10:40:11 PM »

I don't think they will pass "Ain't Life Grand". 
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: