Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 91784 times)
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »

thats because slash has no credibility..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2007, 12:28:53 AM »

No, of course not, Slash's statements weren't derogatory.?

Right, but I asked if that fact has stopped posters like Jarmo, chineseblues, and shotgunblues78 from criticizing him for it. Derogatory has nothing to do with it anymore, they criticize any mention of Axl by Slash.? Its paranoid and petty.

Booker, I personally think that if Slash brings up Axl unprompted, that is one thing.  But if you ask a question and answer it, that's just common courtesy.  I think in an interview/Q&A type situation, it is highly unlikely that the interview subject would bring something up unrelated to the subject of their interview (their current project).

I think that the lack of hostility in both Axl and Slash's comments towards each other means that their both moving on and focusing on their current professional situations.  That's a good thing.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2007, 12:56:35 AM »

No, of course not, Slash's statements weren't derogatory. 

Right, but I asked if that fact has stopped posters like Jarmo, chineseblues, and shotgunblues78 from criticizing him for it. Derogatory has nothing to do with it anymore, they criticize any mention of Axl by Slash.  Its paranoid and petty.

Talk about paranoid and petty.  That would be pulling my name out of left field and bringing it up in a conversation about something that I haven't really commented on. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 02:07:11 AM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #443 on: July 27, 2007, 12:59:45 AM »

was probably just a Freudian slip, seeing as how you are one of the biggest axilites on here bro
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #444 on: July 27, 2007, 01:45:19 AM »

was probably just a Freudian slip, seeing as how you are one of the biggest axilites on here bro

If by Axlite you mean I think the new GnR songs are great and the ex-Gunners in VR are wasting away in a band that doesn't allow their talent to fully shine, and that I don't hesitate to voice my opinion on either matter, then so be it.  Call me an Axlite.  You caught me

But I'd appreciate it if Velvet Revolver's resident knight in shining armor doesn't claim I said something that I didn't actually say when he comes riding in to save the day.  I mean I know he has to further his little crusade against us big mean Axlites but don't bring me up in a conversation I have nothing to do with. 
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #445 on: July 27, 2007, 05:35:47 AM »

Talk about paranoid and petty.  That would be pulling my name out of left field and bringing it up in a conversation about something that I haven't really commented on. 

My mistake if thats the case, but your name certainly didnt come out of left field.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #446 on: July 27, 2007, 07:45:56 AM »

Answering one question about Axl means they aren't focused on their own band? Get over yourself. Axl is answering questions about the old band and playing songs they helped write, does that mean he's not focused on his new band?

Please.

Just look at what gets them headlines.

Duff and Slash say one good thing about Axl in an interview. Then somebody picks it up and writes a headline around it. All of a sudden Duff and Slash are so supportive of Axl in the eyes of VR fans.

It doesn't matter that their past actions have proved otherwise.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #447 on: July 27, 2007, 08:30:27 AM »

Answering one question about Axl means they aren't focused on their own band? Get over yourself. Axl is answering questions about the old band and playing songs they helped write, does that mean he's not focused on his new band?

Please.

Just look at what gets them headlines.

Duff and Slash say one good thing about Axl in an interview. Then somebody picks it up and writes a headline around it. All of a sudden Duff and Slash are so supportive of Axl in the eyes of VR fans.

It doesn't matter that their past actions have proved otherwise.

/jarmo

well, why does it bother you that they are supportive of Axl?
past actions? past is past...people change their priorities and opinions with time.

do you still agree with everything you have ever said and done in your life?
in that case I will need your autograph, cause you are one of a kind!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #448 on: July 27, 2007, 08:34:33 AM »

or, he's cynical....?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #449 on: July 27, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »

past actions? past is past...people change their priorities and opinions with time.

It bothers me?

I just think it's all a game for them. Get headlines, make themselves look good, sell records, pretend to be dangerous etc. etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: July 27, 2007, 09:38:09 AM »

It bothers me?

I just think it's all a game for them. Get headlines, make themselves look good, sell records, pretend to be dangerous etc. etc.

/jarmo

Far out, some people are just unbeliveable.  Roll Eyes
They are in a band. It's their cash earner, so of course they want to get headlines and attention, as any band does. Why wouldn't they want to do whatever to help sell records? All bands want to sell their records.
And as said time, and time, and time again- the 'dangerous band' thing is just a tag-a marketing slogan. Who gives a fuck? Really?
Some people are so pedantic.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #451 on: July 27, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »

But pedantic means a person who emphasies trivial points of learning!

Or

A narrow minded teacher who insists exact adherence to the rules!

(not when your site is called "Unofficial"....)

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #452 on: July 27, 2007, 09:51:02 AM »

Or

It also means to be overly concerned with minute details.
Seems to fit with what I was saying doesn't it?
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #453 on: July 27, 2007, 10:04:50 AM »

I don't really understand all the rivalry here. Why can't people be grown up and let VR be VR and do their thing. Is it impossible for some people to understand that some people may prefer VR over Axl's GNR. I was a huge GNR fan, but even though the nu GNR is still called GNR it isn't the same band I loved. I still like and will support GNR but VR do a better job of the GNR songs they play (although Axl is better on vocals than Scott). I love Libertad alot more than the leaks we have heard from GNR. Thye new songs are good, not great. GNR has evolved and changed, some people will like it more and that is their right, others like me will like it less and that is our right. For me VR is the closest thing there is to GNR now. They don't replace the old GNR and I don't think they ever claimed to do so, their music is very much different than the old GNR just like Axl's GNR is very much different than the old GNR. It's unfortunate that a truce can't be reached and that the GNR stuff stay in the GNR topics and the VR stuff stay in the VR topics instead of having people attack each others prefered bands just for the sake of doing so.

As for VR's lack of success with Libertad, there are many reason...one of which that hasn't been mentioned on this board is itunes. Several fans will have bought the album on itunes instead of buying a hard copy, especially since it had a bonus track (Messages) included. It will be interesting to see how itunes affects Chinesse Democracy when that finally comes out, especially if there is a bonus track for itunes only.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #454 on: July 27, 2007, 10:11:15 AM »

Or

It also means to be overly concerned with minute details.
Seems to fit with what I was saying doesn't it?

Well, if we must be pedantic about things....then yes.? Roll Eyes

To Darth Monkey:

Here are some more minute details.

1. Certain members of VR demonstrate time and time again that they have not grownup.

2. You may not like the leaks you have heard, that is beacuse they are merely leaks. They do not give you any indication of how the songs will really sound.

3. VR stuff staying in VR topics and GNR stuff staying in GNR topics = segregation.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:31:36 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #455 on: July 27, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »

To Stolat:

Members of VR or fans of VR? Cause that is two very different things. As for the leaks, yes I agree the quality will be somewhat improved on the album but not much. I've heard the songs in concert and I prefer the old GNR material which was hard rock-blues based not the new industrial sounding dance like beaks to their songs. This is why I prefer VR's music cause it is more hard rcok-blues based with a touch of punk and other sounds. GNR has totally changed it's style and for me personally it is to a type of music I do not like as much. Like I've said other fans will prefer the more electronic dance-like beats and that is fine with me, that's why there are many different types of music. As for the keeping the bands in seperate topics =  segregation, yes that is, and there is no reason not to segregate the two. They are split into different topics for a reason, cause they are different bands. Did anyone ever think the reason they get so many questions about ex-band members is because we choose to keep them together. It is great that both bands are on the same board. Fans of both bands like myself can follow the latest news of both bands on the same message board, but I don't really need to see GNR fans bitch about VR in the VR topics section and vice-versa in the GNR topics. There is already some segregation as the power that be of this board have opted not to put any VR-related news on the front page of this website...of course the rules will probably change if there is ever any negative VR press to share.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2007, 10:44:27 AM »

2. You may not like the leaks you have heard, that is beacuse they are merely leaks. They do not give you any indication of how the songs will really sound.

What an odd thing to say...  Huh
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2007, 10:48:15 AM »

And from all that I say:

* industrial sounds? As with the old adage: you can't always believe what you read on the internet, that should also ?pertain to what you hear on the internet......

( rofl I just got the irony of leaks!)

* people who come to this board should embrace the ideaology of this board and it's views and opinions of VR members and GN'R history. Those who don't hold the same ideaology need to show some respect here and try and understand some alternate views.

* your last sentence has a negative tinge to it!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2007, 10:53:24 AM »

What an odd thing to say...? Huh

hihi Yeah, demos are meant to show how a song will sound, aren't they?

Anyhow- back on topic.
darth monley does raise an interesting point about iTunes. Are iTune sales taken into account when dealing with sales figures?
Because from my memory I don't think iTunes were selling albums online when Contraband came out. Not saying that the iTunes sales would bring the total way up to where Contraband is, but it was 2nd most DLd there wasn't it? That must be quite a bit.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2007, 11:00:12 AM »

What an odd thing to say...? Huh

hihi Yeah, demos are meant to show how a song will sound, aren't they?

Not if it is known that demos have been leaked..... hihi

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: