Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:13:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 100662 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #420 on: July 25, 2007, 08:17:21 PM »

Not to get technical but Axl did actually talk about the old band on Eddie Trunk.

He was talkin about Its So Easy and how it was a different song, totally I cant remember the word, Rockabilly maybe? and then he said Slash dirtied it up and Axl gave his best Iggy Pop over top of it and izzy was like "what happened to my song.....

yeah, I was just gonna mention that.
he said how Its So Easy was a country diddle written by Duff and West Arkeen, and that it didnt take shape till Slash and himself started raping it.
and it was Duff, not Izzy, that went 'what happened to my song?'

He did, but it obviously wasn't in any derotagory kind of sense.

Ali
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #421 on: July 25, 2007, 10:31:31 PM »

Slashs latest comments werent either and that didnt stop your friends from piling on, did it?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #422 on: July 25, 2007, 11:35:15 PM »

Not to get technical but Axl did actually talk about the old band on Eddie Trunk.

He was talkin about Its So Easy and how it was a different song, totally I cant remember the word, Rockabilly maybe? and then he said Slash dirtied it up and Axl gave his best Iggy Pop over top of it and izzy was like "what happened to my song.....

he said how Its So Easy was a country diddle written by Duff and West Arkeen, and that it didnt take shape till Slash and himself started raping it.

Ali

When was the last time Slash said something bad about Axl though?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #423 on: July 26, 2007, 06:23:28 AM »

Ali

to be more exact... it was west not duff ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #424 on: July 26, 2007, 06:26:53 AM »

WOW are those US sell figures?

If so that really sucks and is disappointing...................

Last thing about Axl and I am officiallyshutting up about it:

Its naive to think that the US press aren't gonna have a field day asking questions about the old bandmembers.

Axl will either have to have some sort of deal NOT to have any questions or he will have to be diplomatic and just give the political "Im glad they are doing well and I wish them the best" line or say NO Comment.

Foreign Press are a little more respectable but the US press are gonna ask

"What Happened to the old band"
"Why did u keep the name"

He is gonna be asked that so many times here and thats just the way it is.

So unless he doesn't plan to do much press in the US for Chinese Democracy, He is gonna have to say something about the old bandmembers and He, like Slash and Duff won't be doing it for publicity or for anything else other than to answer a question and get to the next one.

Like it or not they will forever be linked.

i don?t think axl will have a problem with talking about the old members.... he already did and he`ll continue to answer those questions. i think the "difficult" phase is over

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #425 on: July 26, 2007, 10:33:28 AM »

I think Axl is past it too. When he went on Eddie Trunk's show, he really did'nt seem to have any problems discussing anything, and has said some nice things about Slash in the past year or so.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #426 on: July 26, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »

Slashs latest comments werent either and that didnt stop your friends from piling on, did it?

Are you trying to hold me accountable for someone else's words? 

Oh yeah, I misspelled derogatory Smiley

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #427 on: July 26, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »

Ali

When was the last time Slash said something bad about Axl though?

It's been a while, yes, but for a few years his comments indicated resentment towards Axl.  He's never dissed his talent, though.  His moron singer does that.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #428 on: July 26, 2007, 12:36:08 PM »

The point I am making is

GNR die hards like Jarmo and Jim Bob are tryin to act like Slash talks about Axl to promote VR and to try and get publicity which is bullshit.

Just like WHEN Axl talks about the old bandmembers in future interviews, he won't be doing it for publicity or to promote the new GNR.

U get asked questions and u answer them, I've never once heard Slash or Duff volunteer anything about Axl.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #429 on: July 26, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »

The point I am making is

GNR die hards like Jarmo and Jim Bob are tryin to act like Slash talks about Axl to promote VR and to try and get publicity which is bullshit.

Just like WHEN Axl talks about the old bandmembers in future interviews, he won't be doing it for publicity or to promote the new GNR.

U get asked questions and u answer them, I've never once heard Slash or Duff volunteer anything about Axl.

I don't think it's for publicity either, on anyone's end.

A different point is that the notion Slash has always been supportive is crap.  I remember him saying that he wanted to hear the new GN'R record to see what Axl destroyed (or some word to that effect) the band for.  But, just like Axl has stopped ranting onstage about Slash, Slash has also made more and more positive comments about Axl lately.  Maybe they're both moving on.

Ali
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #430 on: July 26, 2007, 04:31:08 PM »

Are you trying to hold me accountable for someone else's words? 

No, although you do have a habit for defending statements they make.

I simply asked a yes or no question, one which I know you know the answer to.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2007, 05:06:26 PM »

The point I am making is

I said I suspect they don't want to piss off the journalists who are helping them to promote the album by telling them "no GN'R related questions please" or "no comment".

Instead they just keep going on and on about Axl even after Slash said he would stop.

I kinda understood the GN'R related questions back when Contraband came out because Slash and Duff had basically been out of the picture for the mainstream rock fans since they left GN'R.

But it's not 2004 anymore and yet they keep talking about it.

Are they ever gonna just focus on their own band instead of having to talk about others who they have no contact with?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #432 on: July 26, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »

Answering one question about Axl means they aren't focused on their own band? Get over yourself. Axl is answering questions about the old band and playing songs they helped write, does that mean he's not focused on his new band?

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #433 on: July 26, 2007, 05:55:55 PM »

Not to mention GNR is finally off their asses and actually doing something to promote themselves. If anything GNR should pay VR cause they publicize GNR more than GNR have publicized themselves in the last few years. And as for the questions Slash routinely gets asked about colaborations he's done with other artists such as Bob Dylan from the early 90s.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »

Are you trying to hold me accountable for someone else's words??

No, although you do have a habit for defending statements they make.

I simply asked a yes or no question, one which I know you know the answer to.

I have a habit for defending other people's statements.  No, sir.  It's up to those who make the statements to defend them, not me.  No, of course not, Slash's statements weren't derogatory.  They've both refrained from making negative remarks about each othe recently.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #435 on: July 26, 2007, 09:32:34 PM »

The point I am making is

I said I suspect they don't want to piss off the journalists who are helping them to promote the album by telling them "no GN'R related questions please" or "no comment".

Instead they just keep going on and on about Axl even after Slash said he would stop.

I kinda understood the GN'R related questions back when Contraband came out because Slash and Duff had basically been out of the picture for the mainstream rock fans since they left GN'R.

But it's not 2004 anymore and yet they keep talking about it.

Are they ever gonna just focus on their own band instead of having to talk about others who they have no contact with?

/jarmo

I just don't think its a big deal when Slash has basically given Axl his blessing. I don't see how that is a bad thing. His last interviews to me have been very supportive and a burying of the hatchet on his end.

They don't have to reunite as a band to end a feud.

I do however have a huge theory about Duff's interview where he said he wish he would've salvaged the relationship with Axl.

My feeling is, Duff and Slash know that Scott alienated Die Hard GNR fans when he insulted Axl, I mean u don't insult Axl the way Scott did, that was truly stupid and uncalled for.

So to me Duff's interview and Slash's are in a way a kind of spin control trying to possibly win back fans Scott alienated.

To me the numbers dont lie.

It may not be a huge reason Libertad has tanked, but if u are making people choose between u or Axl, Axl is gonna win.

People act like its ignorant to think people would stop supporting VR but hell its happened on this forum.

Matchbox20 once dissed Bon Jovi and I never listened to them again afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:40:04 PM by D » Logged

GeraldFord
« Reply #436 on: July 26, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »

I'm a huge Axl fan and coudn't give two shits and a flying fuck what Scott has to say about Axl. That said I love Libertad.

Well hopefully someday Bon Jovi will diss Bon Jovi and you will stop listening to them too.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »

I'm a huge Axl fan and coudn't give two shits and a flying fuck what Scott has to say about Axl.

Well hopefully someday Bon Jovi will diss Bon Jovi and you will stop listening to them too.

Richard its not across the board, Im like u. I love Axl and I don't hold it against Scott what he said. I actually kind of liked it cause I know when Axl decides to fire back its gonna be one of the greatest rants ever.

Feuds are great for music and entertainment.

That being said, not everyone is like u. I know people personally who won't listen to VR just cause of that.

GeraldFord
« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2007, 09:49:35 PM »

We're just going back-and-forth here, D. I really don't think it matters.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2007, 11:23:26 PM »

No, of course not, Slash's statements weren't derogatory. 

Right, but I asked if that fact has stopped posters like Jarmo, chineseblues, and shotgunblues78 from criticizing him for it. Derogatory has nothing to do with it anymore, they criticize any mention of Axl by Slash.  Its paranoid and petty.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: