Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:06:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 100468 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2007, 05:48:12 AM »

this discussion is simply ridiculous.... no

slash talks about axl to get attention? yeah right... he gets the attention of some gnr internet whores like us, but that`s it.
the sales numbers and chart position of libertad should be evidence enough.

point is, there is no war between the original gnr members anymore, if there ever was. the only people still discussing this shit are, again, the gnr internet whores...   slash said he was a big part in the old gnr breaking up and he isn`t bitter about axl anymore, unlike some years ago. interviews should prove that aswell...  unlike some years ago he doesn`t talk shit about axl anymore, but only mentions him in a more than polite way. many members of this board seem to ignore this fact though. like there are lots of people bashing axl no matter what he does, there are people on this board finding reasons to bash slash at any opportunity as well..

it`s seems absurd to me, how anyone on this board expects slash, duff or axl to stop mentioning each other, considering their past.  i think it takes an enormous amount of arrogance to judge about things like that. it`s their past and you think you have the fuckin`right to tell them what to do?    sorry, but you can`t be serious...

for like 2-3 years we only hear nice things from slash, duff and axl. they got over it, unlike many people on this board...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2007, 06:04:27 AM »

Good points - however, going on some of the things that have been raised over the past few days, it has also been important to remind people of certain things that went on between band members - the comments by Adler have been very misleading. And Scott certainly does not have my forgiveness in any way.......

I agree, all should move on......hopefully things have been put straight so that the new GN'R album can be released and discussed without all this shit being raised again.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:08:45 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2007, 06:31:39 AM »

this discussion is simply ridiculous.... no

slash talks about axl to get attention? yeah right... he gets the attention of some gnr internet whores like us, but that`s it.
the sales numbers and chart position of libertad should be evidence enough.

point is, there is no war between the original gnr members anymore, if there ever was. the only people still discussing this shit are, again, the gnr internet whores...? ?slash said he was a big part in the old gnr breaking up and he isn`t bitter about axl anymore, unlike some years ago. interviews should prove that aswell...? unlike some years ago he doesn`t talk shit about axl anymore, but only mentions him in a more than polite way. many members of this board seem to ignore this fact though. like there are lots of people bashing axl no matter what he does, there are people on this board finding reasons to bash slash at any opportunity as well..

it`s seems absurd to me, how anyone on this board expects slash, duff or axl to stop mentioning each other, considering their past.? i think it takes an enormous amount of arrogance to judge about things like that. it`s their past and you think you have the fuckin`right to tell them what to do?? ? sorry, but you can`t be serious...

for like 2-3 years we only hear nice things from slash, duff and axl. they got over it, unlike many people on this board...

I would just like to make a correction to your post. You refer to the only people discussing this shit are the "gnr internet whores" - in my opinion, it has been the VR internet whores who have been more anatgonistic......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2007, 06:45:06 AM »

21   28   VELVET REVOLVER   LIBERTAD RCA/RMG      21,361   -35%

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2007, 06:55:37 AM »

Right, back on topic then...... Tongue

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2007, 06:59:35 AM »

oh my..  i had no idea it was that far back.   i'm not sure it can come back from that.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2007, 07:18:01 AM »

oh my..  i had no idea it was that far back.   i'm not sure it can come back from that.

definitely not...  i can`t see songs like the praised last fight push this album back into the top ten...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:20:03 AM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #387 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »

The Kurt Loder interview:

Rose: I mean, what people don't know is, the [Slash's] Snakepit album, that is the Guns N' Roses album. I just wouldn't do it.
Loder: Really?

Rose:? I walked out on it, because I wasn't allowed to be any part of it. It's like, "No, you do this, that's how it is." And I didn't believe in it. I thought that there were riffs and parts and some ideas, I thought, that needed to be developed. I had no problem working on it, or working with it,
[/color]---

In retrospect, Rose sees the band's massive success as part of it's undoing. ''The proverty is what kept us together,'' he says. ''That was how we became Guns N Roses. Once that changed...''?

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed........ Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

Rose confesses to being stung by skeptics who doubt what he can do. There was only one way out, and I found it. Otherwise, you know, I believe my career was just going down the toilet. I figured out how to save my ass and then tried to bring everybody with me.''

I've just read through Booker's posts regarding comments made by Axl about Slash. He has posted them as an example of Axl going off about Slash. They are very balanced. I've highlighted some important sentences in red. I don't see it as Axl bitching about Slash at all.

If Slash felt he could pull off an album without Axl's input why hasn't that been reflected in the latest VR album?

Fact is, Axl is a very gifted and talented musician and composer (classically trained) - seems ridiculous to me that the rest of the band didn't want his input on that last album (the one that became Slash's Snakepit). Slash must have had a really distorted view of reality at the time. Success had really gone to his head......

Guns N' Roses without Axl, is more like VR with Scott as the lead singer....... confused

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:13:18 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #388 on: July 25, 2007, 09:14:12 AM »

booker used those quotes to prove axl talked about slash and duff......

of course he did.  but he was fair ok

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #389 on: July 25, 2007, 09:23:45 AM »

He has barely mentioned the ex-members in interviews.

Huh

How many interviews has he done in the last 13 years?

There was the "Oh My God" press release, where he demonstrated the following pettiness:"Musically the song was primarily written by Paul Huge over two years ago, with Dizzy Reed writing the musical hook of the chorus. Former member Duff McKagan as well as former employee Matt Sorum failed to see its potential and showed no interest in exploring, let alone recording the piece. When the demos were played for the new band, Josh, Tommy and Robin were as they say 'all over it."

I'm sure I did read the words "where he demonstrated the following pettiness".........

But yes, Axl has been more than fair.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2007, 09:43:06 AM »

i think dimestore rock. beggars and hangers on, take it away, doin fine, i hate everybody but you, back and forth again, what do u want to be are pretty solid songs that woulda been great as the next guns n roses album i guess Slash wanted everything his way which is a pretty gay way to be acting in a band, im always open to new ideas in my band
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2007, 09:47:15 AM »

http://www.gnrfrance.net/presse/details_int.php?itw_id=16&page=5

BTW.....Axl did mention Slash during the Eddie Trunk interview, it's about halfway down the page.

Axl:  .....Use Your Illusion is....(sigh) basically Slash wanting to take over the band........

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »

BTW.....Axl did mention Slash during the Eddie Trunk interview, it's about halfway down the page.

Axl:? .....Use Your Illusion is....(sigh) basically Slash wanting to take over the band........

You can almost see it in the Estranged video or is it somewhere in Dead Horse. There are shots of Slash's strutting around with no shirt on.....Axl is in the baggy t-shirt/short gear........just a visual observation to illustrate your point.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2007, 10:13:43 AM »

Axl:? .....Use Your Illusion is....(sigh) basically Slash wanting to take over the band........

You can almost see it in the Estranged video or is it somewhere in Dead Horse. There are shots of Slash's strutting around with no shirt on.....Axl is in the baggy t-shirt/short gear........just a visual observation to illustrate your point.

Sorry, I don't understand.  Slash with no shirt on means he's trying to take over?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »

Sorry, I don't understand.? Slash with no shirt on means he's trying to take over?

No shirt + strutting - it's all in the body language....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2007, 10:19:38 AM »

21   28   VELVET REVOLVER   LIBERTAD RCA/RMG   ? ?21,361   -35%

/jarmo

This should have been enough to get the thread back on topic.

So..

Back on topic.

Anyone have any idea the actual numbers and % drop off Contriband had in its 3rd week?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2007, 10:23:12 AM »

/jarmo

So..

Back on topic.

Anyone have any idea the actual numbers and % drop off Contriband had in its 3rd week?

Aren't those the numbers Jarmo posted above?

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »

Yes, the numbers are also part of the analysis as to why Libertad may have debuted well below Contraband. ?Tongue

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »

/jarmo

So..

Back on topic.

Those are Libertad's

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GeraldFord
« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2007, 10:29:26 AM »

/jarmo

So..

Back on topic.

Those are Libertad's
Going from 21 to 28 isn't all that bad. Wait for the new single to get some spins (although it's dumb to wait a month) and the tour to start. Libertad could be like the last Buckcherry, which took a while to go platinum. I know a lot of you want this album to bomb, but don't start digging the grave of VR just yet.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: