Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:39:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 91523 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #360 on: July 24, 2007, 09:09:17 PM »

Explain.

I'll leave that to Booker & The Magic Quotes.? ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, you have not heard album.  Hear, then judge.  Its a good album.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #361 on: July 24, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »

Explain.

I'll leave that to Booker & The Magic Quotes.? ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, you have not heard album.? Hear, then judge.? Its a good album.

Well, in all fairness, he isn't saying that the album is bad or filled with filler.  He's saying that IF you are putting all your eggs in the basket of that one song to save the album sales-wise, what does that say about the quality of the rest of the songs?  It's more of a hypothetical question than a strict judgement.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #362 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:18 PM »

True, but he says this having never heard the album. 

Anyway, you are right.

The Last Fight
GOTD

I would go with those.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »

Explain.

I'll leave that to Booker & The Magic Quotes.  ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, you have not heard album.  Hear, then judge.  Its a good album.

Having heard the album myself I can say without a doubt it sucks. I don't know how anyone with ears can call that a good album...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2007, 10:12:04 PM »

Not to get technical but Axl did actually talk about the old band on Eddie Trunk.

He was talkin about Its So Easy and how it was a different song, totally I cant remember the word, Rockabilly maybe? and then he said Slash dirtied it up and Axl gave his best Iggy Pop over top of it and izzy was like "what happened to my song.....

I think answering questions is much better than saying "NO Comment"

If u say No Comment it leads to speculation that could further lead to bigger feuds cause people will interpret it like u hate them or something.

If u are asked, Answer nicely and politely, move on to the next.  I see nothing wrong with answering honestly about someone u know well.

Slash has been nothing but complimentary to Axl, even on the Behind The Music he talks of what a brilliant guy Axl is.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2007, 11:11:21 PM »

Not to get technical but Axl did actually talk about the old band on Eddie Trunk.

He was talkin about Its So Easy and how it was a different song, totally I cant remember the word, Rockabilly maybe? and then he said Slash dirtied it up and Axl gave his best Iggy Pop over top of it and izzy was like "what happened to my song.....

I think answering questions is much better than saying "NO Comment"

If u say No Comment it leads to speculation that could further lead to bigger feuds cause people will interpret it like u hate them or something.

If u are asked, Answer nicely and politely, move on to the next.? I see nothing wrong with answering honestly about someone u know well.

Slash has been nothing but complimentary to Axl, even on the Behind The Music he talks of what a brilliant guy Axl is.

Slash has not been nothing but complimentary towards Axl.  He has dissed him time and again, although not recently.  He has never dissed his talent, though and Axl has never dissed Slash's talent either.

You mention answering honestly about someone you know well, and the fundamental flaw in that in this particular instance is that you have two men that haven't spoken in a decade.  Maybe they knew each other once, but not anymore.  I would think the best option would be to say I haven't spoken to him in a while or not say anything at all.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2007, 11:25:17 PM »

Is there any evidence whatsoever that you have to support the notion that there was a "Don't Ask Axl About the Old Band" clause to him appearing on the Eddie Trunk show?? No, so why would you think that there is?

Ali

Hence, the "lets speculate"... Roll Eyes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2007, 11:31:34 PM »

yea lets speculate on axl's interviewing dos and donts in the VR section.   well done keeping your topics in order falcon.  ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »

yea lets speculate on axl's interviewing dos and donts in the VR section.? ?well done keeping your topics in order falcon.? ok

Jarmo spearheaded this one JB....  What is falcon going to do?  Kick him out or lock thread? 
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2007, 11:53:26 PM »

I said that he has, but the frequency in which he has mentioned the old members has greatly decreased in the last several years to almost nothing the past two years.

How many interviews has he done in the last two years.

The difference with the legal press release as opposed to the 2002 tour press release you mentioned is that one directly quoted Axl the other didn't. 

They still speak on behalf of Axl Rose.  He certainly approved the content.  Theres really no difference. 

His biggest, longest interview this decade, the Eddie Trunk show, was one were he never mentioned Slash or Duff once.

Thats right, and I noted that.  He also wasnt asked about them - how often do you think Slash and Duff mention Axl without being asked about him?

Can't win with you, huh?  Look at the frequency in which he mentions Slash or Duff in the interviews from '99 to '02, now look at the interviews from the last two years (with John Norris at 2006 VMAs, Story where he mentioned the album saying it could not be Shaq at the free-thow line, KROQ interview announcing the Inland Invasion show, January 2006 RS story at Korn party, Eddie Trunk show), and you see a lower frequency of him mentioning the old band.  He isn't bringing them up on his now.  You mentioned the rants and I say name one rant in 2006 or 2007 where he mentioned Slash or Duff and you say nothing.  He isn't bashing them onstage or in interviews to stir up controversy and attention for himself. 

There is a difference between the legal press release and the interviews.!!  You are the one who brought up the legal press release as an instance where Axl brings up Slash and Duff and there is NO DIRECT QUOTE from Axl in there!  He was simply restating what Slash told Beta that night Slash visited his house.  Those were Slash's words being quoted, not Axl's!!!

Ali

Axl's mentioned the old band twice in interviews just in the past year. The only reason he hasn't done it more is because he only crawls out of his hole to talk to people 2 or 3 times a year. We see more of Slash's quotes because he's out there doing tons hundreds of interviews all over the country to promote the VR albums, it's obvious that the question will get asked at some of those interviews.

Still, it's totally overblown, if Slash gets asked about Chinese Democracy and mentions Axl's name, that means he's looking publicity? Like everyone is going to hear the name Axl Rose and flock to the interview? "OMGZ HE MENTIONED AXL!!! WE MUST GO BUY THE VR ALBUM!". Some of you guys seriously need to come into the 21st century. Axl's name doesn't hold anywhere near the weight it once did and the idea that Slash mentions him once an interview to "get publicity" is fucking laughable.

As you said, he's never dissed Axl's talent and visa versa from Axl, but both obviously have different views on the demise of the band and have made no bones about talking about it in interviews they've done.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:55:14 PM by ZRO » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2007, 11:56:07 PM »

Having heard the album myself I can say without a doubt it sucks. I don't know how anyone with ears can call that a good album...

You need to clean out the wax once in a while...

Fuck 'Em All.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #371 on: July 25, 2007, 12:22:08 AM »

I said that he has, but the frequency in which he has mentioned the old members has greatly decreased in the last several years to almost nothing the past two years.

The difference with the legal press release as opposed to the 2002 tour press release you mentioned is that one directly quoted Axl the other didn't.?

They still speak on behalf of Axl Rose.? He certainly approved the content.? Theres really no difference.?

His biggest, longest interview this decade, the Eddie Trunk show, was one were he never mentioned Slash or Duff once.

Thats right, and I noted that.? He also wasnt asked about them - how often do you think Slash and Duff mention Axl without being asked about him?

Can't win with you, huh?? Look at the frequency in which he mentions Slash or Duff in the interviews from '99 to '02, now look at the interviews from the last two years (with John Norris at 2006 VMAs, Story where he mentioned the album saying it could not be Shaq at the free-thow line, KROQ interview announcing the Inland Invasion show, January 2006 RS story at Korn party, Eddie Trunk show), and you see a lower frequency of him mentioning the old band.? He isn't bringing them up on his now.? You mentioned the rants and I say name one rant in 2006 or 2007 where he mentioned Slash or Duff and you say nothing.? He isn't bashing them onstage or in interviews to stir up controversy and attention for himself.?

There is a difference between the legal press release and the interviews.!!? You are the one who brought up the legal press release as an instance where Axl brings up Slash and Duff and there is NO DIRECT QUOTE from Axl in there!? He was simply restating what Slash told Beta that night Slash visited his house.? Those were Slash's words being quoted, not Axl's!!!

Ali

Axl's mentioned the old band twice in interviews just in the past year. The only reason he hasn't done it more is because he only crawls out of his hole to talk to people 2 or 3 times a year. We see more of Slash's quotes because he's out there doing tons hundreds of interviews all over the country to promote the VR albums, it's obvious that the question will get asked at some of those interviews.

Still, it's totally overblown, if Slash gets asked about Chinese Democracy and mentions Axl's name, that means he's looking publicity? Like everyone is going to hear the name Axl Rose and flock to the interview? "OMGZ HE MENTIONED AXL!!! WE MUST GO BUY THE VR ALBUM!". Some of you guys seriously need to come into the 21st century. Axl's name doesn't hold anywhere near the weight it once did and the idea that Slash mentions him once an interview to "get publicity" is fucking laughable.

As you said, he's never dissed Axl's talent and visa versa from Axl, but both obviously have different views on the demise of the band and have made no bones about talking about it in interviews they've done.

Then how do you explain the fact that Axl never once mentioned Slash or Duff onstage this year or last?  He did plenty of times in 2002.  Maybe he's just moving on?

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #372 on: July 25, 2007, 12:23:53 AM »

yea lets speculate on axl's interviewing dos and donts in the VR section.   well done keeping your topics in order falcon.  ok

Jarmo spearheaded this one JB....  What is falcon going to do?  Kick him out or lock thread? 

not really.  what happened in this topic is due to the typical vr fan/gnr hater defense of 'oh since you dont like vr/libertad i'm going to tell you axl sucks blah blah blah'.   the only way these guys can defend their band is by dissing axl and guns n roses.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #373 on: July 25, 2007, 12:32:09 AM »

Is there any evidence whatsoever that you have to support the notion that there was a "Don't Ask Axl About the Old Band" clause to him appearing on the Eddie Trunk show?? No, so why would you think that there is?

Ali

Hence, the "lets speculate"... Roll Eyes

O.k. ?Fine. ?We can speculate about anything and everything, but if you wnat to do that, fine. ?He was asked about Slash at the Korn party in January of last year, and he responded "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though." ?Nothing rude or insulting about that.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #374 on: July 25, 2007, 01:29:39 AM »

yea lets speculate on axl's interviewing dos and donts in the VR section.? ?well done keeping your topics in order falcon.? ok

Moderating advice from Jim Bob.

Oh the irony... Cool

It is a GNR forum you know. rofl

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:31:56 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2007, 03:01:22 AM »

anytime bro  Smiley   i like u despite the fact that you gave me 2 of my 3 neg karma points, and i wanna help out however possible.  smoking

i would speculate that axl quite possibly makes it clear not to ask questions of the old band and it would make sense that he would rather focus on what he is doing now as opposed to whats going on with the past.  but who knows.

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2007, 03:25:19 AM »

The difference with the legal press release as opposed to the 2002 tour press release you mentioned is that one directly quoted Axl the other didn't. 

They still speak on behalf of Axl Rose.  He certainly approved the content.  Theres really no difference. 

Thats right, and I noted that.  He also wasnt asked about them - how often do you think Slash and Duff mention Axl without being asked about him?

Can't win with you, huh?  Look at the frequency in which he mentions Slash or Duff in the interviews from '99 to '02, now look at the interviews from the last two years (with John Norris at 2006 VMAs, Story where he mentioned the album saying it could not be Shaq at the free-thow line, KROQ interview announcing the Inland Invasion show, January 2006 RS story at Korn party, Eddie Trunk show), and you see a lower frequency of him mentioning the old band.  He isn't bringing them up on his now.  You mentioned the rants and I say name one rant in 2006 or 2007 where he mentioned Slash or Duff and you say nothing.  He isn't bashing them onstage or in interviews to stir up controversy and attention for himself. 

There is a difference between the legal press release and the interviews.!!  You are the one who brought up the legal press release as an instance where Axl brings up Slash and Duff and there is NO DIRECT QUOTE from Axl in there!  He was simply restating what Slash told Beta that night Slash visited his house.  Those were Slash's words being quoted, not Axl's!!!

Ali

Then how do you explain the fact that Axl never once mentioned Slash or Duff onstage this year or last?  He did plenty of times in 2002.  Maybe he's just moving on?

Ali

He isn't really talking about ANYTHING on stage these days though. His ranting days are pretty much over.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2007, 04:06:37 AM »

hey guys, we don't know shit ! It's like the story about Slash came to Axl house...

We are just nerds who loved GNR music ! Slash/Axl know better than anyone else (from the 1-post member to the admin Jarmo) the facts of GNR history. They didn't ask us when they rock the world in 92'. Remember they were best friends at the time so maybe we should shut the fuck up because they don't care of our advices. You know it's like if someone you don't know comes and says "what the fuck you did with your girlfriend? Roll Eyes ".

I just don't like how some GNR extremist fans want to break old members image because Axl told "naaa Slash is the bad guy". It's funny how these same fans might not dare watching their Tokyo DVDs and listen to old cds ("Slash IS the bad guy ! New lineup IS guns n' roses contrary to old one ! Amen !")
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 04:08:22 AM by Pingouirose » Logged
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2007, 04:42:21 AM »

by the way Its so easy was duff and wes arkeens song, not izzys.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2007, 04:44:32 AM »

I just don't like how some GNR extremist fans want to break old members image because Axl told "naaa Slash is the bad guy".

Sadly, I think the old members did a good enough job at breaking their own images......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: