Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:03:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 91492 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »

I won't. now that I know this, Im gonna follow JB's example and download CD like he did with Libertad. if it comes out that is.

Well then I guess you won't be posting here for long.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »

Other than that one negative post on the VR webpage (which wasn't up for long) and Scott's comment at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction of VH has there been any negative comments toward Axl's GNR?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2007, 08:22:23 PM »

I said that he has, but the frequency in which he has mentioned the old members has greatly decreased in the last several years to almost nothing the past two years.

How many interviews has he done in the last two years.

The difference with the legal press release as opposed to the 2002 tour press release you mentioned is that one directly quoted Axl the other didn't. 

They still speak on behalf of Axl Rose.  He certainly approved the content.  Theres really no difference. 

His biggest, longest interview this decade, the Eddie Trunk show, was one were he never mentioned Slash or Duff once.

Thats right, and I noted that.  He also wasnt asked about them - how often do you think Slash and Duff mention Axl without being asked about him?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

^
U obviously havent paid much attention to this forum.

Look at people like Jarmo who use to love Velvet Revolver and would post their news on the main page.

Now, Since Scott started running his mouth, he doesn't and I bet a WHOLE lot of GNR fans share the same sentiment.

I don't want to put words in Jarmo's mouth, but I don't think he ever 'loved" Velvet Revovler.

Lack of sales have nothing to do with any kind of Axl Rose/Weiland feud. They just don't.

Are some suggesting that Jarmo's feelings towards VR have affected sales for VR? When Tommy Stinson solo albums and Izzy Solo albums make the front page news and VR doesn't that does mean their is a slight bias against VR. So forum wise only, I could see VR sales dropping here. Outside of forum, has no effect. What sux is Jim Bob, an anti VR guy, downloaded it for free, then bashes the album. Atleast he could have paid for it, like I will Chinese Democracy.

I won't. now that I know this, Im gonna follow JB's example and download CD like he did with Libertad. if it comes out that is.

Good idea.  Lets see if we like it first. If we like it, we buy it.  If only 2-3 songs good, fuck wasting our money. Right JB?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:25 PM »

His biggest, longest interview this decade, the Eddie Trunk show, was one were he never mentioned Slash or Duff once.

Ali

Was he asked?

No, but that is exactly my point, ?He didn't bring them up on his own to stir up attention. ?

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »

Ali

Was he asked?

No, but that is exactly my point, ?He didn't bring them up on his own to stir up attention. ?

Ali

Let's speculate:

How would he have responded if asked?

Was a stipulation of his appearing that he not be asked?

Does Eddie Trunk have the sack to go against a request not to ask and endanger the interview?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:30:04 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #346 on: July 24, 2007, 08:28:13 PM »

No, but that is exactly my point,  He didn't bring them up on his own to stir up attention. 

Yet thats exactly what he did with those legal press releases, as well as the 2002 press release to some extent.

And you probably havent read my last post yet, but Ill ask again: how often do Slash and Duff bring up Axl for no reason?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »

No, but that is exactly my point,? He didn't bring them up on his own to stir up attention.?

Yet thats exactly what he did with those legal press releases, as well as the 2002 press release to some extent.

And you probably havent read my last post yet, but Ill ask again: how often do Slash and Duff bring up Axl for no reason?

Pretty much never.

I am sure Dave and Scott like it that way too. 
Ali
Legend

« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2007, 08:38:19 PM »

I said that he has, but the frequency in which he has mentioned the old members has greatly decreased in the last several years to almost nothing the past two years.

How many interviews has he done in the last two years.

The difference with the legal press release as opposed to the 2002 tour press release you mentioned is that one directly quoted Axl the other didn't.?

They still speak on behalf of Axl Rose.? He certainly approved the content.? Theres really no difference.?

Thats right, and I noted that.? He also wasnt asked about them - how often do you think Slash and Duff mention Axl without being asked about him?

Can't win with you, huh? ?Look at the frequency in which he mentions Slash or Duff in the interviews from '99 to '02, now look at the interviews from the last two years (with John Norris at 2006 VMAs, Story where he mentioned the album saying it could not be Shaq at the free-thow line, KROQ interview announcing the Inland Invasion show, January 2006 RS story at Korn party, Eddie Trunk show), and you see a lower frequency of him mentioning the old band. ?He isn't bringing them up on his now. ?You mentioned the rants and I say name one rant in 2006 or 2007 where he mentioned Slash or Duff and you say nothing. ?He isn't bashing them onstage or in interviews to stir up controversy and attention for himself. ?

There is a difference between the legal press release and the interviews.!! ?You are the one who brought up the legal press release as an instance where Axl brings up Slash and Duff and there is NO DIRECT QUOTE from Axl in there! ?He was simply restating what Slash told Beta that night Slash visited his house. ?Those were Slash's words being quoted, not Axl's!!!

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »

Ali

Was he asked?

Ali

Let's speculate:

How would he have responded if asked?

Was a stipulation of his appearing that he not be asked?

Does Eddie Trunk have the sack to go against a request not to ask and endanger the interview?

Is there any evidence whatsoever that you have to support the notion that there was a "Don't Ask Axl About the Old Band" clause to him appearing on the Eddie Trunk show?  No, so why would you think that there is?

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2007, 08:44:59 PM »

Back on topic, Libertad dropped 35% with a little over 21,000 copies sold.  Bringing the three week total to about 150K.  RCA is making a bad move by waiting for almost another full month to release the second single.  At this rate Libertad still won't have matched Contraband's first week sales by the time The Last Fight gets released to radio
Ali
Legend

« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »

No, but that is exactly my point,? He didn't bring them up on his own to stir up attention.?

Pretty much never.

I am sure Dave and Scott like it that way too.?

The same Scott that wrote a pathetically petulant letter on his own website bashing Axl for things his own guitarist allegedly (edit:  I'll say allegedly to be PC, even though I believe Slash did say those things) said about him.

I never said Slash and Duff bring up Axl for no reason. ?Maybe you are confusing me with someone else, man. ?I'm just saying that it seemed to me there was some notion that Axl brings up Slash and Duff for no reason to bash them and/or draw attention to himself. ?Yes, he did bring them up and criticized them from '99 to '02, especially on stage, but he hasn't at all the last couple of years, not onstage once.

Keep bringing up that legal issue press release all you want, but remember this: ?If it wasn't for Slash and Duff suing him for an ASCAP clerical error that press release would've never been issued. ?It was in response to a frivolous lawsuit that should've been dropped once they realized it was without merit.

Ali
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:50:52 PM by Ali » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »

how often do Slash and Duff bring up Axl for no reason?

Please. Why do you think they get asked?

Because journalists know they'll get something to write a story around.

If they knew they wouldn't get anything, they wouldn't ask.

Wasn't Slash supposed to stop talking about Axl because it would always come back and bite him in the ass? What happened to that?

Did he realize he has to play the game and keep answering the questions so VR can get the publicity to sell more records or did he just "forget" he had said that? I bet you have a quote that answers that questions somewhere.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »

Back on topic, Libertad dropped 35% with a little over 21,000 copies sold.  Bringing the three week total to about 150K.  RCA is making a bad move by waiting for almost another full month to release the second single.  At this rate Libertad still won't have matched Contraband's first week sales by the time The Last Fight gets released to radio

Is this the miracle song that's gonna sell the album?

I mean, it almost sounds like the album is filled with filler tracks if you put that much faith into one track.  Huh

/jarmo

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #354 on: July 24, 2007, 08:53:35 PM »

Yes.

I mean, it almost sounds like the album is filled with filler tracks if you put that much faith into one track.  Huh

Explain.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2007, 08:54:18 PM »

Back on topic, Libertad dropped 35% with a little over 21,000 copies sold.? Bringing the three week total to about 150K.? RCA is making a bad move by waiting for almost another full month to release the second single.? At this rate Libertad still won't have matched Contraband's first week sales by the time The Last Fight gets released to radio

I mean, it almost sounds like the album is filled with filler tracks if you put that much faith into one track.? Huh

/jarmo

I don't know about miracle, but I think that it is a strong song and that along with "Get Out The Door" should help push units. ?That is, if the record company isn't so stupid as to not release "Get Out The Door".

I don't understand why it will take another month to get "The Last Fight" out to radio. ?Does it really take that long to send some CDs out?

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2007, 08:58:35 PM »

Good idea.  Lets see if we like it first. If we like it, we buy it.  If only 2-3 songs good, fuck wasting our money. Right JB?

well by my count, there are at least 6 fantastic songs that are supposed to be on the album so that alone should make it worth the purchase. 

but if you dont support GnR you have no fucking business on this site.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2007, 09:01:40 PM »

/jarmo

Well, it does have a lot of filler on it in my opinion.   But that aside, I don't think the album has a miracle single, but I think the second single The Last Fight will do better than the dud that SBQM was.  I don't think this album has anything close to a Slither or FTP level hit.  But by waiting this long to release the second single they are damaging the album's chances at recovering and selling a decent amount
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »

Explain.

I'll leave that to Booker & The Magic Quotes.  ok

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #359 on: July 24, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

Good idea.? Lets see if we like it first. If we like it, we buy it.? If only 2-3 songs good, fuck wasting our money. Right JB?

well by my count, there are at least 6 fantastic songs that are supposed to be on the album so that alone should make it worth the purchase.?

but if you dont support GnR you have no fucking business on this site.

JB, you can support the band by traveling all over america to see them, like me.  I have all their cd's.  But if you look at VR's ticket sales, it exceeds their album sales.  Hmmmm. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: