Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Spoke to Eddie Trunk tonight about CD -
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spoke to Eddie Trunk tonight about CD -  (Read 11074 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 10:10:47 AM »

You think that after the treatment some of his fans gave Axl for talking about the album last year, that he's gonna make the same mistake again?

Think again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2007, 10:11:27 AM »

Oh! A Radio DJ!

Tongue
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 10:24:51 AM »

You think that after the treatment some of his fans gave Axl for talking about the album last year, that he's gonna make the same mistake again?

Think again.

/jarmo

Axl said he would keep us updated in the press release.  So I will go off what Axl said.

/PhillyRiot

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
rubinho.ma
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 10:33:50 AM »

There's not even rumors of any sort of promotion being planned or made. Nowadays, a band like that would never film a videoclip without being discovered, even if they choose to film in Tibet or the North Pole. That said, I have to agree with Eddie. ?drool
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »

Think again.

/jarmo

you mean the 650 000 fans that saw the band in Europe deserve this?

and who gave Axl the treatment?! I didnt know that something that a 14 year old kid on the net says can reflect on the bands decision making?!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 10:40:39 AM »

Think again.

/jarmo

Axl said he would keep us updated in the press release.  So I will go off what Axl said.

/PhillyRiot

So to you it makes no sense to only update when there's something to update about and those things are set in stone....

Even the word tentative went over many peoples' heads.

and who gave Axl the treatment?! I didnt know that something that a 14 year old kid on the net says can reflect on the bands decision making?!

What the fuck are you talking about? European fans?

We all got to see some amazing shows. Did you pay for something else other than a ticket to the concert?

All I'm saying that it makes sense to make sure everything is set in stone before saying anything.

You want updates so you can whine about them later.

This is nothing new. You've been doing this for a while now.

These examples below have actually happened:

We want updates!

Update arrives.

We didn't want that kind of update!

We want updates!

Update says: We hope to....

It didn't happen! Liars!

And you wonder why they're quiet at times.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rubinho.ma
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2007, 10:47:15 AM »

Think again.

/jarmo
Thinking about the treatment from AXL TO THE FANS, everything he may have heard at Eddie's show was not even close to the frustration of waiting all those years for an album, supporting the band on tours (aka $$$ profits help) and seing release dates fail one after the other.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:53:03 AM by rubinho.ma » Logged
JAC185
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2007, 10:48:35 AM »

Valid point on the updates Jarmo.

I guess my major query is, if there isn't anything to give us an update on, why isn't there? At what actual stage is the album right now?

Obviously we'll know when it's coming, but it'd be nice to know what's happening s'all.
rubinho.ma
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2007, 10:53:57 AM »

Valid point on the updates Jarmo.

I guess my major query is, if there isn't anything to give us an update on, why isn't there? At what actual stage is the album right now?

Obviously we'll know when it's coming, but it'd be nice to know what's happening s'all.
I totally agree.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2007, 11:02:32 AM »

Think again.

/jarmo

Axl said he would keep us updated in the press release.? So I will go off what Axl said.

/PhillyRiot

So to you it makes no sense to only update when there's something to update about and those things are set in stone....

Even the word tentative went over many peoples' heads.

Sorry I am not really following you here.? Your first post implied Axl would not speak about the album due to some form of treatment he recieved from the fans.? I am not sure where that was coming from.? All I know is Axl said he would update us as soon as there is something to report.? If you know otherwise, please do tell.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2007, 11:08:53 AM »

If this guy reported that Trunk told him that he heard the CD is out in September, all of you would have been bashing him for spreading more bullshit

I believe what he said, and whether or not he has real knowledge, I guess we'll never know-
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2007, 11:15:42 AM »

Let's ask Stolat.  It knows what's going on.  Apparently there is plenty of news.

I really don't buy the "treatment from the fans" thing as a reason for no updates.  Sure, Axl's human, but you'd hope he'd have a pretty thick skin by now.  The silence just continues to exasperate the situation.

Note for stolat:
exasperate |ig?zasp??r?t| verb [ trans. ] irritate intensely; infuriate

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »

Jarmo is higher on the GNR newswire than Eddie Trunk.

And Bumble simply doesn't want to get fired.

The next update will come from Axl, the record label, or another INSIDE source ( Del James?)

Relax people, it's coming.

age 37....volume always at 10
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »

The silence just continues to exasperate the situation.

Note for stolat:

dood, you mean exacerbate.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »

What the fuck are you talking about? European fans?

We all got to see some amazing shows. Did you pay for something else other than a ticket to the concert?

what the fuck are you talking about?!
You chose to ignore reality and substitute it with your own! (you should be a guest star on Mythbusters)...

I was talking in respect to your statement. you stated how bad the fans treated axl last year....
and from what I remember, he was most welcomed by everybody except for some bad apples here and there.

All I'm saying that it makes sense to make sure everything is set in stone before saying anything.

isnt that something you'd normaly be expecting?

You want updates so you can whine about them later.

This is nothing new. You've been doing this for a while now.

These examples below have actually happened:

We want updates!

Update arrives.

We didn't want that kind of update!

We want updates!

Update says: We hope to....

It didn't happen! Liars!

And you wonder why they're quiet at times.....  Roll Eyes

shiver me timbers...
I had no idea that I was singlehandedly responsible for the album delay, and the lack of info.

back to the topic...

you must have some problems with understanding...
people are not mad about the updates... they are mad because some of the updates are insult to our inteligence.

I'm here for the bloody music, and all I care about is a) seeing them live, b) hearing their music.

I'm sorry that I do not masturbate to "band goes to the zoo" photos. I unfortunately dont get off on things like that.
I'm sure it would have been much easier to stick with the band for the past 8 years if I came every time I saw a photo of one of the members.

for the few of us...hetero males on these forums beer ... there hasnt been much things we can get our panties wet lately and hence the tensions.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 11:34:51 AM »

At times I think that Chinese Democracy isn't an album but the state of Axl's mental status...
slashBOG
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »

I m at that point where I actually believe this,, CD is never coming out unfortunaly.. After Axl said it was out on March 6th.. And not even himself was able to make this happen.. then it's a lost case.. At least we got some pretty good leaks, a good cover band doing tours and VR actually releasing Albums
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »

The silence just continues to exasperate the situation.

Note for stolat:

dood, you mean exacerbate.

No.

The two words sound the same and are often confused, but there's a difference.
Exasperate is as I described.
Exacerbate can be used in the context of "to increase the bitterness of"

So either is really acceptable, depending on what you mean. ?But I meant exasperate.

Having said that - living in North America the butchering of the English language is criminal and people make up new words and new uses of existing words all the time. ?Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 11:36:04 AM »

It can't be about the music anymore; it's all about politics.

It makes sense to think so. There is no sensible musical reason why the band should not give any updates on the situation. It must be legal and financial matters, copyright issues etc., which Axl understandably cannot/does not want to discuss in public. ?

Axl is not a stupid guy. He knows that the fans are growing impatient for information, not to mention the album itself. If the delayed release of CD was only about music, I take it that we would have had much more news and updates all along. Certainly not to the extent that some other bands do - Axl tends to keep things private - but I don't think he deliberately holds back information for years and years just for the hell of it.

Casey Shelton
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »

Think again.

/jarmo

What treatment??  Disappointment that he has not produced or backed up what he has said.  He continues to make excuses as to why it is not out now and its always someone elses fault.

People will hear music this year (2006)

March 6th or soon thereaftrer and if not then an update as to what the holdup is.

Anytime I bring this up, my posts get deleted.  Anytime I bring up that Axl is not following through on his words, my post gets deleted.  Why??  Truth hurts??

I've been a fan since 1988 so I'd say my opinion accounts for something.

Axl needs to stop acting like a fuckin' pussy as do many around here who don't allow an opposing opinion to be expressed.

The album is long overdue for those of us who have stuck around and supported Axl and his new lineup, his new vision.

On with the moterfuckin show already and enough of this moneymaking short tour spurts to pad their pockets.

And quit pacifying Axl already.  You all support the continued delays for CD'S release by doing so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: