Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Spoke to Eddie Trunk tonight about CD -
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spoke to Eddie Trunk tonight about CD -  (Read 11109 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 06:34:24 AM »

No offense to the original poster nor Eddie Trunk but that is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

We know for fact that the newer artists (members) involved with the record have laid down guitar and drums on tracks for mixing and we know that the album was worked on a lot over the past year, who do you think is paying for this exactly?, out of the goodness of their heart alone.

Exactly.

Worst case seneraio, in a couple of years the record company will force CDs release in a massive court battle to recoup their money.
Misya Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 06:37:32 AM »

Ron doesn't know anything...as Eddy, and maybe as Axl himself.

GNR Milan, Gods Of Metal 4th June '06
VR Milan, Gods Of Metal 2nd June '07
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 06:48:22 AM »

Why would anyone think Eddie Trunk is high up in the GNR news world?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 07:06:16 AM »

I can't see why BBF wouldn't tell eddie trunk......who has a radio show.....that tens of thousands of people listen too information about the release of the forth coming album? Roll Eyes

it's not rons job to tell him when the record is coming out. and lets say he does say it'll be out november 07 and it doesnt come out then everyone will say ron dont know shit blah blah blah. if i recall eddie trunk didnt even know who was in GNR before the axl interview last year. i highly doubt he would know any of the new songs so why would he know when the cd is coming out? and i dont think trunk has 10 thousand listeners. just my 2 cents.
CSS
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 07:21:25 AM »

Eddie Trunk doesn't know, Ron doesn't know, I'm sure even Axl doesn't have a faintest idea when the record will come out.

Then you obviously must know?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 07:29:39 AM »

eddie trunk needs to stop smoking pot.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 07:55:32 AM »

I can't see why BBF wouldn't tell eddie trunk......who has a radio show.....that tens of thousands of people listen too information about the release of the forth coming album? Roll Eyes
in that case GNR might aswell tell the release date at some kind of festival or at a concert.....with all those people there  Roll Eyes Ron himself said that you wouldn't be hearing any news coming out of his mouth, because it wasn't his place to do so. Just look at all those rumors last year concerning release dates, that didn't turn out to well, now did it.

I personally don 't think we're going to be hearing any kind of release date/ direction until they are completely certain that CD will be released in that period/on that date.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 08:25:06 AM »

I don't think Eddie KNOWS anything, he's just stating his honest opinion.  The fact that Ron didn't give him an answer on when CD is coming out is not surprising.  Even if he knew he wouldn't tell him.  Axl would have his balls in a jar if he did that.  Unfortunately Eddie is not the only one with these morbid thoughts.  Hopefully Axl and co. can prove those people wrong. (fingers crossed)

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 08:28:34 AM »

The album exists and its out there sitting pretty behind a locked door soemwhere.  I have full confidence in  Axl and GNR and i know this record will drop.  I can't say when this will happen but it will someday.  Even the man himself released a newsletter stating the tentative release date of March 6, 2007.  All i keep saying to myself and the people who ask me is that i think the release of this record is alot sooner then we all think. ok
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 08:32:43 AM »

The album exists and its out there sitting pretty behind a locked door soemwhere.? I have full confidence in? Axl and GNR and i know this record will drop.? I can't say when this will happen but it will someday.? Even the man himself released a newsletter stating the tentative release date of March 6, 2007.? All i keep saying to myself and the people who ask me is that i think the release of this record is alot sooner then we all think. ok
And oh what a glorious day that will be.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 08:49:03 AM »

I bumped in to Eddie at the Marilyn Manson/ Slayer show in jersey tonight, he knows me because I bump into him at every concert.

I was wearing my Chinese Democracy T-shirt and he knows how hardcore I am so I just asked the Question

Whens It Coming out?

He told me he really thinks it'll Never Come out. He spoke to Bumblefoot last week and he said he doesnt know.

I'm writing this thread only as a news update. not to bring negativity

Eddie Is high up in the GNR News world and he really believes its never coming out

He's not the only one that thinks that and I've been saying it for some time now Embarrassed
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 09:16:03 AM »

Eddie Trunk is not high in the GN'R Camp. Love his show(s).  Last year Eddie Trunk claimed there were 2 contracts for a European GN'R tour. One for the current line up, and another for the original. Also I don't think he's much of a GN'R fan. I saw him at the 1st H-Stein show in the VIP section. He appaerantly stopped in to rub elbows and left to do his FRI NIGH ROCKS show before GN'R came on.
Also he rarely plays GN'R on his show.
GeraldFord
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 09:16:14 AM »

Why isn't this locked ?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 09:36:45 AM »

am i misguided in thinkin that this year is now lookin very unlikely, when you allow for "proper promotion"? i mean, traditional promo to me means a single a month to 2 weeks before the album, and we should know the release date of both before the single comes out (often by a couple months or more)...?

maybe they wont do things that way, but since the "surprise release" bullshit, it seems they are pushin a more traditional line now...?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 09:45:03 AM »

So just because he doesn't have a release date to spread around to people, he says it's never coming out?  Roll Eyes

I also suspect that the updates that matter regarding the album and its release won't come from Eddie Trunk.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 09:46:03 AM »

Damn what a waste of time. So if this is true, we have jacking off here for no real reason...   rant  hihi
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »

Hmm....

Obviously theirs a cd out their to be released, and it is most likely locked away in Axls hiding places somewhere ?rofl,

but whenever the hell its released is the 13 million dollar question,
and considering theirs no more scheduled tours for the rest of the year, or for the future to say the least at this point in time...
Then we should be hearing from them very soon,

cause now they have aaaaaaaaallllllll the time in the world to prepare chinese democracy and its release/promotion,
and theres no more excuses such as "we had to do finishing touches/tour Japan/fire Manager"

Hopefully its smooth sailing from this point on, and
HOPEFULLY WE HEAR FROM THEM BEFORE THE YEARS OUT

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 09:58:38 AM »

I only wish they tell us if there's any chance of album coming out in this year.
it's a disgracefull that after "album definitely in 2006", the 2007 passes without them even mentioning the album.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 10:03:09 AM »

I only wish they tell us if there's any chance of album coming out in this year.
it's a disgracefull that after "album definitely in 2006", the 2007 passes without them even mentioning the album.

thats a good way to put it,

2006 WAS fully hyped up for chinese democracy, and so far this year , apart from the imfamous "tentative " release date,
we havent even heard axl talk about the album at all this year?

Whats going on...
last year he was mentioning it in every second sentence?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 10:09:57 AM »

its fucking pathetic what we as fans have gone through LOL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: