Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Spoke to Eddie Trunk tonight about CD -
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spoke to Eddie Trunk tonight about CD -  (Read 11128 times)
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: August 06, 2007, 01:06:55 AM »

I bumped in to Eddie at the Marilyn Manson/ Slayer show in jersey tonight, he knows me because I bump into him at every concert.

I was wearing my Chinese Democracy T-shirt and he knows how hardcore I am so I just asked the Question

Whens It Coming out?

He told me he really thinks it'll Never Come out. He spoke to Bumblefoot last week and he said he doesnt know.

I'm writing this thread only as a news update. not to bring negativity

Eddie Is high up in the GNR News world and he really believes its never coming out

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:15:10 AM »

I knew it!!!!

Shocked
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:15:57 AM »

sounds logical to me...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:23:20 AM »

I bumped in to Eddie at the Marilyn Manson/ Slayer show in jersey tonight, he knows me because I bump into him at every concert.

I was wearing my Chinese Democracy T-shirt and he knows how hardcore I am so I just asked the Question

Whens It Coming out?

He told me he really thinks it'll Never Come out. He spoke to Bumblefoot last week and he said he doesnt know.

I'm writing this thread only as a news update. not to bring negativity

Eddie Is high up in the GNR News world and he really believes its never coming out

Eddie is not high up in the GN'R news world.? He knows about as much about GN'R as any of us do.? If you think that Bumblefoot would tell him, think again and remember that the band have signed confidentiality agreements regarding the album.? This isn't a news update regardless as Eddie Trunk is hardly an official source for news for GN'R.

Ali
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:25:18 AM by Ali » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 02:20:48 AM »

As Axl is one who demands perfection, It'll be out when it is ready ...

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 02:25:49 AM »

Ifinglovevr, I trust you 1000% that Trunk saif that...but...honestly, aside from interviewing Axl and having had something to do with some weird GNR moments, I don't think he knows any more than we do when it comes to Chinese Democracy.

Pretty cool that you were able to talk with him though!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:31:11 AM »

Eddie Trunk is the man, whether this is true or not (and no, I'm not calling you a liar). Still, it's something I've been inclined to believe myself for awhile now.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 02:37:16 AM »

Eddie Trunk is the man, whether this is true or not (and no, I'm not calling you a liar). Still, it's something I've been inclined to believe myself for awhile now.
You Believe that Eddie Trunk recons it wont ever come out?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 02:42:16 AM »

I personally am inclined to be believe it won't ever come out. I find it more likely than not that Eddie's come to the same conclusion.

peace
axe
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 02:56:28 AM »

Eddie Trunk doesn't know, Ron doesn't know, I'm sure even Axl doesn't have a faintest idea when the record will come out.

It's obvious that it isn't about music or anybody's perfection. The record has been ready for ages, but the terms in which both Axl and the record company are willing to put it out are not. Chinese Democracy is a hostage. Axl wants his "this and that" before he gives the music to the company, the record company wants their "this and that" before they publish it. And until either one backs down and they get an agreement or a compromise, the record will not come out. And while the lawyers are doing their thing, there's always time for minor tweakings. Or some place on the planet where they haven't yet played on their Still Waiting For Chinese Democracy Tour 2001-2007 yet.

It can't be about the music anymore; it's all about politics.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 02:58:09 AM by axe » Logged
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:01:25 AM »

Don't wanna talk about politics
Refuse to talk about politics
Don't let me talk about politics
Don't give a shit about politics
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 03:03:33 AM »

No offense to the original poster nor Eddie Trunk but that is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

We know for fact that the newer artists (members) involved with the record have laid down guitar and drums on tracks for mixing and we know that the album was worked on a lot over the past year, who do you think is paying for this exactly?, out of the goodness of their heart alone.
Or maybe the plan is to record and album intended never to be released and the backers simply take a share of tour proceeds, along with promoters, managers, road crews, cinematographers, carers, security, venues, retailers and Axl's fucking hairdresser. Brilliant idea, pure genius.

Nobody would come to shows if they didn't think there was a record, not one soul that is obvious so they have to leak shitty demos that they have obviously put no effort into writing to keep the hype up so nobody catches on. You just can't trust these sneaky bastards.

I don't even think Axl really landed on the moon.  rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 03:06:15 AM »

Chinese Democracy is a hostage.

That made me laugh.

This is just Eddie Trunk's opinion.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 03:11:17 AM »

Eddie Trunk doesn't know, Ron doesn't know, I'm sure even Axl doesn't have a faintest idea when the record will come out.

It's obvious that it isn't about music or anybody's perfection. The record has been ready for ages, but the terms in which both Axl and the record company are willing to put it out are not. Chinese Democracy is a hostage. Axl wants his "this and that" before he gives the music to the company, the record company wants their "this and that" before they publish it. And until either one backs down and they get an agreement or a compromise, the record will not come out. And while the lawyers are doing their thing, there's always time for minor tweakings. Or some place on the planet where they haven't yet played on their Still Waiting For Chinese Democracy Tour 2001-2007 yet.

It can't be about the music anymore; it's all about politics.

The problem is that there is nothing obvious about what's going on with this album.  There is so little information that the general public knows about what's going on with the album, how can anything be truly obvious?

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 03:13:00 AM »

Chinese Democracy is a hostage.

That made me laugh.

This is just Eddie Trunk's opinion.

Exactly.  Also, do you really think that Ron would tell Eddie anything?  And what, risk his place in the band and getting a lawsuit for breach of contract for violating a confidentiality agreement?

Ali
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 03:51:10 AM »

Reminds me of my first post here. I was talking to Tommy Stinson in Leeds when he supported Jesse Malin, said he thought it'd be out in the new year. this was 3-4 years ago!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 04:11:21 AM »

Can Stolat be an adverb? ... shit happens.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 05:15:44 AM »

Reminds me of my first post here. I was talking to Tommy Stinson in Leeds when he supported Jesse Malin, said he thought it'd be out in the new year. this was 3-4 years ago!

Never listen to tommy.. Well regardless of what eddie trunk thinks one thing is for sure there's nothing set to happen otherwise I'm sure he would have heard of a video being done or the  something about promo..
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 05:26:10 AM »

If Bumblefoot would know, he probably wouldn't tell Eddie Trunk, and if he did, I'm sure he'd have been sworn to secrecy anyway.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 06:28:11 AM »

I can't see why BBF wouldn't tell eddie trunk......who has a radio show.....that tens of thousands of people listen too information about the release of the forth coming album  Roll Eyes

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: