Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:34:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mantia with Serj Tankian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mantia with Serj Tankian.  (Read 18110 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2007, 05:09:28 PM »

Weird......I don't know what to make of this but it ain't good.?

1 of 3 things

1. Brain aint in GNR

2. No GNR tour rest of this year

3. See 2 & 3

so thats 2 things correct? They came off a world tour dude , they played amazing shows and put effort into it 24/7. Ron said he never slept half the time as the rest of the band didn't either. Its a stressful life , they can't tour all the time. If brian is up for more touring be happy good but GNR can't tour all day every day!

Ok dude.. They havent toured in what 2 months?? 7 before that... Brain 0 of those...

Just sayin no GNR w/ brain this year... I personally think ever again.. Yeah yeah I know, until axl says other wise...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2007, 05:27:43 PM »

Weird......I don't know what to make of this but it ain't good. 

1 of 3 things

1. Brain aint in GNR

3. See 2 & 3

so thats 2 things correct? They came off a world tour dude , they played amazing shows and put effort into it 24/7. Ron said he never slept half the time as the rest of the band didn't either. Its a stressful life , they can't tour all the time. If brian is up for more touring be happy good but GNR can't tour all day every day!

Ok dude.. They havent toured in what 2 months?? 7 before that... Brain 0 of those...

Just sayin no GNR w/ brain this year... I personally think ever again.. Yeah yeah I know, until axl says other wise...

Cut them some slack have you thought they might be making preparations for the album?! Anyways  beer on your quote it never ceases to crack me up  rofl rofl
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »

Weird......I don't know what to make of this but it ain't good.?

1 of 3 things

1. Brain aint in GNR

3. See 2 & 3

Cut them some slack have you thought they might be making preparations for the album?! Anyways? beer on your quote it never ceases to crack me up? rofl rofl

Hey I honestly hope they are man... Its what I hope for  peace
gorky
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2007, 10:05:13 PM »

Why?  Brain has openly said he's looking forward to touring with GnR again once the album is out..  In the meantime if he wants to tour with Serj, I dont see the big deal.   

People often over analyze artists actions ,  I ( surprisingly ) agree with Zig Zag on this one. He is a musician , he wants to keep occupied and ain't nothing wrong with getting chops up. It just means that within this time we probably wont see another GNR tour , but jesus they just come off one. The tour ends before the end of this year come on people its not the end of the world.

1 of 3 things

1. Brain aint in GNR

3. See 2 & 3

If Brain wanted to tour so badly, he could've done it with GNR, not Serj.  It's sad, but I don't think he's coming back...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2007, 11:51:21 PM »

I don't think this means he is forever out of GNR...but rather that he is doing some touring with Serj. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2007, 11:55:37 PM »

can we please use our common sense......he's been gone for about a year and no word at all. we do know that he has moved on.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2007, 12:05:28 AM »

I think I read somewhere he said he would be back when album was released.  I'll take the guy at his word...until I hear otherwise.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2007, 06:22:37 AM »

I think I read somewhere he said he would be back when album was released.? I'll take the guy at his word...until I hear otherwise.

Hopefully by that time Axl will have gotten to love frank on the drums to much to let him walk
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2007, 06:29:23 AM »

I think I read somewhere he said he would be back when album was released.  I'll take the guy at his word...until I hear otherwise.

Hopefully by that time Axl will have gotten to love frank on the drums to much to let him walk

That may very well be the case.. we'll see I guess.   Personally, I think Frank meshes with the rest of the band better than Brain does, but Brain is a better all-around drummer.   Of course thats all a matter of opinion.   But I'm happy with either one.   The band rocks hard with Brain and they rock hard with Frank. 
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2007, 06:38:16 AM »

I think I can sum this up.
Brain likes playing his own parts a lot more than other drummers parts, so for the time being, he's will play with Serj.
when CD is out however, and GNR (hopefully) starts playing more new songs....he will (again, hopefully) be back.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2007, 06:49:30 AM »

That may very well be the case.. we'll see I guess.? ?Personally, I think Frank meshes with the rest of the band better than Brain does, but Brain is a better all-around drummer.? ?Of course thats all a matter of opinion.? ?But I'm happy with either one.? ?The band rocks hard with Brain and they rock hard with Frank.?

Well put.... Brain just seems like an outsider... All of this away time cant help much
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2007, 02:15:36 PM »

I think I can sum this up.
Brain likes playing his own parts a lot more than other drummers parts, so for the time being, he's will play with Serj.
when CD is out however, and GNR (hopefully) starts playing more new songs....he will (again, hopefully) be back.

Yeah I guess that's where I was going with my comment.  I just had dreams of a CD release and promo tour in November.  Not no more!  (Unless Brain isn't ever coming back  Sad)

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »

either way cd doesn't seem to be coming out before  bas one.....20th nov and brain seems to be touring till 27th so....

Who knows! peace
evergreen_layne
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »

Brain isn't touring with Serj after all!  I guess Uncle Axl caught wind of the idea and gave Brain an "update."  We can dream......

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=81231

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2007, 06:29:14 PM »

mmm could this mean gnr is starting in October or November?
"former GUNS N' ROSES and PRIMUS drummer "-->"former PRIMUS and GUNS N'ROSES drummer" hihi

BTW I love frank too.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2007, 08:16:45 PM »

I just hope that whenever GNR starts up again, Brain will be Mr Drums.
no offense, Frank.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2007, 12:55:07 AM »

I just hope that whenever GNR starts up again, Brain will be Mr Drums.
no offense, Frank.

Agreed..

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2007, 12:59:59 AM »

Hmm,  So Brain will play heaps of shows for other bands and appear as a "guest drummer"
as such,
then rather playing shows with gnr...

It kinda confirms in my eyes that he perhaps was in gnr for the money, and when hes bank balance gets low, he will be running home for a hand out to keep him going for a few more months/years...

I honestly think Brain is the superior drummer, as technique overides enthusiasm  in my eyes,
and considering we will be listening to cd 20 years to come if it is ever released,
I will rather hear a good technically skilled drummer, but frank has great energy,

Its sad though that Brain might never come back,
but if its his choice that he doesnt want to come back, then I dont want him back...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2007, 08:50:17 AM »

All the way acorss the board I prefer Frank to Brain. I'm hoping things stay as they are.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
evergreen_layne
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2007, 10:58:07 AM »

Not me man.  I want Brain back.  But I also want Bucket back so.......... Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: