Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 01:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Black Label Society: "Shot to Hell" Liner Notes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Label Society: "Shot to Hell" Liner Notes  (Read 4073 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« on: August 04, 2007, 09:11:20 PM »

Thanks both Duff and Slash.  Yet, no mention of Zakk on Libertad.   I think Zakk loves Duff, Matt, and Slash, and will tell them thanks for just being friends I guess.  I can't imagine how they helped him do anything.  But, I know that is common.  I would love to see BLS open for VR.  They rock in my book.
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

That's cool, Wylde is great, I remember him saying in an interview during Ozzfest '05 that he loved Contraband.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:20:06 PM »

He also wrote a song about Weiland, So I would say he is a pretty big fan of their stuff.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »

Thanks both Duff and Slash.? Yet, no mention of Zakk on Libertad.? ?I think Zakk loves Duff, Matt, and Slash, and will tell them thanks for just being friends I guess.? I can't imagine how they helped him do anything.? But, I know that is common.? I would love to see BLS open for VR.? They rock in my book.

Yeah, I saw that when I first got the album. Pretty cool of Zakk.
When BLS played in Sydney last year I got to meet Zakk, absolute great guy, a real champion. And the show was amazing  ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 06:36:45 AM »

BLS is btw way better then VR!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 06:40:54 AM »

its a shame most bls sounds the same and zakks solo's get shorter each album. shot to hell was so dissappointing compared to mafia.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 06:46:52 AM »

its a shame most bls sounds the same and zakks solo's get shorter each album. shot to hell was so dissappointing compared to mafia.

about songs sounding the same.. i know another band that people think sounds the same in all the songs.. IMO Zakk sings much better then scott and he's at least equal to slash.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 06:54:53 AM »

He also wrote a song about Weiland, So I would say he is a pretty big fan of their stuff.

suicide messiah, he spoke about his love and being a fan of scott..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 07:03:26 PM »

about songs sounding the same.. i know another band that people think sounds the same in all the songs.. IMO Zakk sings much better then scott and he's at least equal to slash.

and which bands that? if your on bout ac/dc then its ignorance my friend, they only start getting terribily repetative mid 80s.

html sucks
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »

and which bands that? if your on bout ac/dc then its ignorance my friend, they only start getting terribily repetative mid 80s.

Im sure he was referencing VR...not that i agree

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »

well if that was an attempt for him to get at me lol not the best of bands to pick, i dont think much of the new VR album at all!

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »

well if that was an attempt for him to get at me lol not the best of bands to pick, i dont think much of the new VR album at all!

actually it had nothing to do with you homeboy hihi
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »

BLS has gone downhill since Blessed Hellride. What a kick ass run of cds that was:
Sonic Brew, Stronger Than Death, 1919 Eternal, Blessed Hellride.

Then something happened, I dunno if he consciously thought he was making songs that were too good, too heavy, with not enough mass appeal. Or if he just made a straight up play for the mainstream. But nothing he's come out with since then has been anything less than repetitive, boring, cliche'd, perversion of what BLS once was.

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »

ummm Zakk BLOWS slash away on guitar....its not even close....now im a bigger fan of slash than zakk...i like slashs playing style more...but if we are talking about who is a better player...its no contest....
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 03:04:27 PM »

ummm Zakk BLOWS slash away on guitar....

I know he does, what i meant was i like zakk at least as much as i like slash

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »

Zakk is technically better.... Slash plays more creative and original solos.  Better notes and merges scales better and more musical.  Love them both.  Favor Slash.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: