Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Rock My Martial Arts Class!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Rock My Martial Arts Class!  (Read 5058 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 01:25:57 PM »

I have spread the word on CD non-stop. People seem to all love the tracks of CD and IRS, which to me are much weaker than Better and The Blues (My favorite GN'R song of all time).

IRS is tremendous live. so is better.? ?try an osaka boot.? new songs sound soooo strong.

You can catch live concert snippets on You Tube. Sound quality is not very good and remember it's not the final version at all.

Oh, I've heard everything. I just won't distribute the leaks. I have too many friends that are musicians to do that kind of thing. I'll never hear the end of it.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »

I have spread the word on CD non-stop. People seem to all love the tracks of CD and IRS, which to me are much weaker than Better and The Blues (My favorite GN'R song of all time).

IRS is tremendous live. so is better.? ?try an osaka boot.? new songs sound soooo strong.

You can catch live concert snippets on You Tube. Sound quality is not very good and remember it's not the final version at all.

Oh, I've heard everything. I just won't distribute the leaks. I have too many friends that are musicians to do that kind of thing. I'll never hear the end of it.

I don't like You Tube either and there is some Internet loophole that allows concert snippets of unreleased material through.
If someone must listen to something to get some idea, this is probably the only place you should think about visiting.

Trying to obtain a boot is a completely different thing altogether.

At least Axl is smart enough to know what to do about this loophole. He's got it covered.......

Bad sound quality + not the final product in any way.
If people try to trade in boots of this stuff, when the final product is released, the boots will be deemed fake and irrelevant.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 01:36:41 PM »

Stolat, those "not at all" and "not in any way" comment are plain stupid.. bad sound quality is correct though, the demos are old and not the final product that's right, but it sure gives you a good hint of what it will sound like.. in the live versions from 2007 they are playing what they recorded for the album.. off course it wont sound exactly the same on the album as it does live, but that's natural, it will be clearer and you'll hear new effects and shit..

I think it's pretty much final versions of how the album will sound when they play it live (and by this i mean for example better will pretty much sound the same it did in japan as it will when the album is released)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:40:34 PM by CheapJon » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 01:38:02 PM »

I would love to see the look on your face when you hear the CD? hihi

Axl's been in the business a long time.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:41:10 PM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 01:41:31 PM »

I would love to see the look on your face when you hear the CD? hihi

Axl's been in the business a long time.

Explain.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 01:46:44 PM »

yeah just judging from the boots,  in comparison to those at the 2006 shows or even to the first  two japan shows, the performances of the new songs in osaka and boodokan are further standout. to perfection.

I feel the new songs are ripe and ready.
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 02:01:58 PM »

Yeh, people shouldn't really go by what they hear in the leaks at all. They are not finished yet.........

I agree. I don't play the crap out of the demos when I am entertaining with music b/c they are demos and I don't want to turn people off by having them think that the demo is the finished product (even though the newer demos are probably very close to what will be on CD). If I play them for friends, for example IRS, I always preface by explaining that the song is a studio demo from a few years back and explain how there were 2 other demos that are different. I just don't want people to assume that this is the finished product b/c if they are turned off by it and the song changes on CD, they won't know and won't bother giving it a chance.

-= iZzBo =-
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 03:39:04 PM »

yeah just judging from the boots,? in comparison to those at the 2006 shows or even to the first? two japan shows, the performances of the new songs in osaka and boodokan are further standout. to perfection.

Music is based on a formula - you can mix this and that to create different sound waves and effects. You can play around with different combinations of notes within chords. Music that often touches the soul will have alot to do with fifths - science calls this formula phi - this formula can be found in all the 'beautiful' things in nature - in flowers, in skeletal structures, you will find 5ths - a violin is based on this formula - and truly beatiful music will contain what is callled phi as well.

I respect Axl as a artist and musician that I will wait for the final CD once the theory and note combination have been finalised.
I want to get that out of the music, that's why I love music - for that.

The new songs are not ripe and ready yet - let Axl add the final magic touches.
How many drafts does a good writer do? You can make alot of different patterns when writing music.

With the leaked stuff it's not about the music for many people, it's more about look what I got! Leaks are NOT about the music.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »

yeah just judging from the boots,? in comparison to those at the 2006 shows or even to the first? two japan shows, the performances of the new songs in osaka and boodokan are further standout. to perfection.

Music is based on a formula - you can mix this and that to create different sound waves and effects. You can play around with different combinations of notes within chords. Music that often touches the soul will have alot to do with fifths - science calls this formula phi - this formula can be found in all the 'beautiful' things in nature - in flowers, in skeletal structures, you will find 5ths - a violin is based on this formula - and truly beatiful music will contain what is callled phi as well.

I respect Axl as a artist and musician that I will wait for the final CD once the theory and note combination have been finalised.
I want to get that out of the music, that's why I love music - for that.

The new songs are not ripe and ready yet - let Axl add the final magic touches.
How many drafts does a good writer do? You can make alot of different patterns when writing music.

With the leaked stuff it's not about the music for many people, it's more about look what I got! Leaks are NOT about the music.

You seem like a smart girl. I think it is unfair to say leaks are not about the music. Leaks are different things for different people... like Mike Piazza for example. Seriously though, a fair statement may be "Leaks are without any considerate of the artist." but to say they have no musical relovence is unfair. My "leak" of The Blues means the world to me, IT IS MUSIC to me. Selfish as it may be, it has gotten me thru and is getting me thru some tough times.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:58:26 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 03:59:46 PM »

...Chinese Democracy would make great entrance music for the UFC.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »

stolat, why the lectures?  Huh you find leaks in my boots?

I was solely on about the outstanding performances of new songs at the shows.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 05:21:25 PM by ppbebe » Logged
CSS
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 05:49:36 PM »

stolat, why the lectures?

I'm interested in knowing that as well.

Why are you analyzing it? It's just clips from a live show - with songs that sound great....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »

Don't take it as a lecture.

Really, Axl has put forward the view that he is not impressed by the leaks and all the prejudgement. You need to respect that. And you need to start trusting his decisions.

You want to be blown away by some really mindblowing music..........you need to wait for it.

As I said, between now and the time that a release date is announced, you need to show your full support for the band and give the talk about the unreleased material a rest. Alot of what you are specifically saying about the songs will be totally irrelevant when the final product comes out.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Vitor_Icewall
Headliner

Chinese Democracy!!

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »

Ohh! Nice man!! cool..

People loves GNR!!:D

Bye!!

Chinese Democracy

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation
When I all I've got is precious time
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 06:55:44 AM »

Don't take it as a lecture.

Really, Axl has put forward the view that he is not impressed by the leaks and all the prejudgement. You need to respect that. And you need to start trusting his decisions.

You want to be blown away by some really mindblowing music..........you need to wait for it.
Or maybe you need to chill out about this. Even Axl joked about the "download motherfuckers"...

As I said, between now and the time that a release date is announced, you need to show your full support for the band and give the talk about the unreleased material a rest. Alot of what you are specifically saying about the songs will be totally irrelevant when the final product comes out.
So we talk again. Cheesy

Seriously, we all know its a work in progress. The problem is with people who judge it like it's final (I know a lot of people who do that) or when the radios starts to play the leaks. Now that's harmful.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 07:07:37 AM »

Its the down loading mother fuckkers that are preventing the relase of the album...

Every time something is leaked, Axl has to go back into the studio and write something new...

Cut him some slack!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 07:27:28 AM »

those quotes will be on the song

You don't know that for sure.

Yes I do, and you do too.. the recording was done back in march.. if they would have changed it they would have played the changes live in australia NZ nad japan.. they didn't..

Also I know times have changed.. but if anyone remembers axl sang on a parkinson charity/benefit concert and michael j fox were there and axl said something about that michael will be sampled in one of the songs and he's in the quotes from i think it is back to the future

Is there back to the future quotes in Maddy?

P.S. I love your Stewie avatar.

Hell yeah, you didn't catch the George McFly line, "Hey you, Get your damn hands off her!" in there alongside with the MLK.  hihi

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »

Its the down loading mother fuckkers that are preventing the relase of the album...

Every time something is leaked, Axl has to go back into the studio and write something new...

Cut him some slack!
I don't think so and you don't know if he does that. All the leaks were old recordings, from what I heard, and it didn't really reflect what is been playing live. In fact, there are some small stuff they started playing after the demo leaked, like the extended The Blues Richard solo.

Even if he had to write again to make it sounding fresh, Axl still joked and seemed relaxed.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 08:09:17 AM »

Well, you are admitting that he had to go and re-write stuff...

And therefore the album release has taken longer...

"Axl still joked and seemed relaxed..."

Seemed is the key word here....? Good isn't he?!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »

Well, you are admitting that he had to go and re-write stuff...

And therefore the album release has taken longer...
Where did I say that? I said otherwise and even proved how it happened the other way around, as the band started to play something AFTER the leak.

"Axl still joked and seemed relaxed..."

Seemed is the key word here....  Good isn't he?!
I dunno, but at least it's what I see and may be common sense.

Also, at least I'm not stating an opinion as fact.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: