Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Rock My Martial Arts Class!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Rock My Martial Arts Class!  (Read 5055 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« on: August 02, 2007, 08:34:21 AM »

Funny, sometimes I wonder how much people care about GN'R these days. I still love them but... does anyone else?

I train in Jiu-Jitsu, Kick Boxing and Jeet Kune Do. Last night I was doing our Cardio Kick Boxing, 45 minutes of sparring to music. Well, at the end of the workout the last song was Sweet Child O' Mine and everone was completely exhausted... unless you've done this class you don't know how tired. We have a full class of Hard Core MMA guys, new people with no experience 20 - 25, and lots of rich trophy wives who can afford the $150 a month just to take this one cardio class 2 times a week. The whole workout everyone was silent and moaning in pain, when GN'R came on everone screamed "Turn it up!!!" and the whole class, like 60+ people started singing along. White, Black, Hispanic, Guys, Girls... everone. That's the thing about GN'R everone loves them... still after 14 years of silence. The best part was the trainer stoped the CD half way thru and said "Time to stretch!" everyone, dead tired shouted "Finish the song! We can do another 2 minutes!". I've never seen anything like it and I've been in this club for a while. At the end of the class our Black Belt trainer said "Looks like I need more GN'R on this CD.". Anyway afterwords I started telling all the peeps I knew in class about Chinese Democracy, they surprisingly all asked "Is it worth a shit?" To which I answered "I like it."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:36:01 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 08:42:51 AM »

Spread the word brotha!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:19:25 AM »

In other words, GNR can kill you with a heart attack. hihi

Great stuff man, try to put some new songs there, like Better or Chinese (I mean, live versions are good enough to pump it!). Smiley

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:57 AM »

That's the same reaction in a crowded front bar of country kids when SCOM was played.

Good thing we've got our 19 year insider there who accompanied us to the Adelaide concert....... ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »

In other words, GNR can kill you with a heart attack. hihi

Great stuff man, try to put some new songs there, like Better or Chinese (I mean, live versions are good enough to pump it!). Smiley

I thought about that... I was thinking CD and IRS. Better is cool but seems to me people either love it or hate it big time.

My wife calls me a music evangilist, I constantly give people mix tapes that I legally pull off of blogs and whatnot (Blitzen Trapper is my new favorite about to break out band, they just signed with Sub-pop and I know them personally).

I have spread the word on CD non-stop. People seem to all love the tracks of CD and IRS, which to me are much weaker than Better and The Blues (My favorite GN'R song of all time). But hey, what do I know? Most people react very badly to Pittman's bubbling in the middle of the Better solo and I haven't met a person yet who like the MLK - Cold Hand Luke rehash in Maddy.

axleu
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 10:20:51 AM »

"and I haven't met a person yet who like the MLK - Cold Hand Luke rehash in Maddy"

What? Huh

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 10:22:49 AM »

Yeh, people shouldn't really go by what they hear in the leaks at all. They are not finished yet.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 10:23:23 AM »

"and I haven't met a person yet who like the MLK - Cold Hand Luke rehash in Maddy"

What? Huh

Oh My Choking Soul has probably played madagascar to a bunch of people and not one of them liked the part where there are "cool hand luke" and MLK quotes.. in the middle of the song, if you've heard the song you know what i talk about

at least that's how i read it
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 10:28:27 AM »

See that's the problem with the leaks - people will listen to unfinished versions of songs and already a judgement forms in their mind, so when it comes time to listen to the album they already have to wade through alot of subconsious attitude to the song. It won't be heard with a fresh mind.

Those quotes may just be fillers for bars, riffs, melodies that haven't been written yet or stuff that is being kept under wraps.

People need to go by the vibe of the tour - because believe me I can't really rmember too much specifically about the new stuff - all I know is that it was quite awesome!

(and I want to hear it again!  Tongue)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:32:18 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »

those quotes will be on the song
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 10:37:54 AM »

What? Huh

Oh My Choking Soul has probably played madagascar to a bunch of people and not one of them liked the part where there are "cool hand luke" and MLK quotes.. in the middle of the song, if you've heard the song you know what i talk about

at least that's how i read it

Yeah, exactly. Sorry if I was unclear... but I have not spread (given away) any leaks. I only spread legal music.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:42:51 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 10:39:48 AM »

You don't know that for sure.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »

Yes I do, and you do too.. the recording was done back in march.. if they would have changed it they would have played the changes live in australia NZ nad japan.. they didn't..

Also I know times have changed.. but if anyone remembers axl sang on a parkinson charity/benefit concert and michael j fox were there and axl said something about that michael will be sampled in one of the songs and he's in the quotes from i think it is back to the future
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »

Yes I do, and you do too.. the recording was done back in march.. if they would have changed it they would have played the changes live in australia NZ nad japan.. they didn't..

Also I know times have changed.. but if anyone remembers axl sang on a parkinson charity/benefit concert and michael j fox were there and axl said something about that michael will be sampled in one of the songs and he's in the quotes from i think it is back to the future

Is there back to the future quotes in Maddy?

P.S. I love your Stewie avatar.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 10:50:33 AM »

No, nothing is certain until we all hear the final product when it is released.

I do know though, that there were certain points or sections in the new songs that were played at the concerts that were certainly not going to be in the final product. There were a number of bars played that could only have been fillers from a musical point of view.

And it was like Axl was saying to the band, "And here we go yada, yada, yada.........." ?Wink

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:52:24 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »

thanks hihi

and no it wasn't back to the future.. it was casualties of war Embarrassed ?rofl

but at least it's michael j fox yes

don't be that naive. that's like saying "who knows.. maybe the blues will be a blues hard rocker and better will be a soft ballad on the album because what we hear aint final products"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:54:44 AM by CheapJon » Logged
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

everyones loves SCOM, even they who doesn't like Rock music at all.
I've played GNR tribute in a pub called HUGOS. with all audience who comes only to watch Striptease and get drunk. I think  65 % of them doesn't know GNR at all. but when we played SCOM in the end, all The audience going nuts, They seems really enjoy it.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 12:47:27 PM »

thanks hihi

and no it wasn't back to the future.. it was casualties of war Embarrassed ?rofl

but at least it's michael j fox yes

don't be that naive. that's like saying "who knows.. maybe the blues will be a blues hard rocker and better will be a soft ballad on the album because what we hear aint final products"

If there's one thing you need to know about me honey, i am not naive.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »

I have spread the word on CD non-stop. People seem to all love the tracks of CD and IRS, which to me are much weaker than Better and The Blues (My favorite GN'R song of all time).

IRS is tremendous live. so is better.   try an osaka boot.  new songs sound soooo strong.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »

I have spread the word on CD non-stop. People seem to all love the tracks of CD and IRS, which to me are much weaker than Better and The Blues (My favorite GN'R song of all time).

IRS is tremendous live. so is better.? ?try an osaka boot.? new songs sound soooo strong.

You can catch live concert snippets on You Tube. Sound quality is not very good and remember it's not the final version at all.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: